Forum › Posts by ravenel

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I actually really loved this, the mood, the parallels, the build.

ravenel
Loser nº1 discussion 20 Oct 17:47
joined Jan 8, 2016

Awww, I thought that was super cute.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Hmm it is indeed a rare happening but childhood friends can win too!
Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)
- DNA 2 ( straight but relevant to conversation)

Man, those two were really satisfying and I'm not even necessarily someone who wants the childhood friend to "win", necessarily (liking someone doesn't mean you deserve anything).

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

Um!

joined Jan 8, 2016

Ah, really loving this. The characters are hilarious and I actually love Yuu and Nana. So little drama in some ways, with Yuu immediately telling only Nana and everyone in the class already knowing they have the deepest friendship, and Nana being so emotionally savvy, but still, that jump from friendship to more is lovely.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Awww, that's so cuuuuute. It's not all bad, for the people with the sad vibes. Obviously it wasn't a great time in their youth, but they're not even 30. Surprise friends to more, awwww.

joined Jan 8, 2016

This was a lot more interesting and well-written than I expected. I mean, I had no actual expectations, but it was better than the average which are usually soulless smut, crack, or indecipherable.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I like that there establishing the setting and characters first, it makes anything that happens after feel so much more earned.

joined Jan 8, 2016

So into this dynamic.

joined Jan 8, 2016

The first part was so cute xD

It was! Really enjoy when their dynamics don't jump immediately to romance. Although I wouldn't have minded a bit more for this one.

last edited at Mar 7, 2017 1:04AM

joined Jan 8, 2016

So cute. Great idea and so well executed. It didn't just rest on having the fun premise but really sold the characterization and building mutual pining angst. And great art.

joined Jan 8, 2016

I really liked this. I think the cliched ending would have been silent pining, but it turned out there was such a strong depth of feeling on both sides. It developed a really strong friendship in a very short time, such that you could feel what it would cost them to risk ruining it.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Loved this far. Chill main girl who isn't a total loser (I like the bit about her actually being a great runner), I love Nana, and the comedy is hilarious and smart.

ravenel
Alice discussion 14 Jan 00:30
joined Jan 8, 2016

Aww, the gorilla moment was when I knew I'd like this. Such an absurd and random thing.

joined Jan 8, 2016

ARt is great af. Well, according to the lore the Hakurei family separated the human world from the "youkai" world aka Gensokyo. It's implied that Yukari had a great importance is this conjuncture since shes the one that control borders and was always close to the Hakurei family through generations. Maybe the author changed that up a little bit and put all the work on Yukari's shoulders, creating a new backstory for Reimu since she's obviously not the first Hakurei miko.

EDIT with some infos: "The barrier was first created by humans in Meiji 18 (CE 1885), and later reinforced by youkai. While the idea was at first highly controversial among youkai, and led to much infighting between them, it is now almost universally accepted. Yukari Yakumo is widely acknowledged as the architect of the barrier, and is said to have first motioned for it around 400 years before its actual creation, though Yuyuko Saigyouji has speculated that not even Yukari could create a barrier of this level by herself."

Thanks for the backstory, that does add something to it, knowing it's a twist of an existing story and not completely new.

ravenel
joined Jan 8, 2016

I love this... The characters seem so vivid and the relationship just...works, balancing humor and romance and wistfulness and hope.

joined Jan 8, 2016

that blonde is amazing lmao

Lol, she'll be the one to get things done in that relationship forever. Moving in, getting married, she'll always be like, yes, we're doing this and the senpai'll be all stuttering and blushing but secretly happy.

I loved the afterword but I actually really like these two and their dynamic. I guess the senior's character is more typically seen in the younger one in the relationship, but it's not really a role reversal here of that common archetype, it's just how their personalities are. I'm glad Miman wrote these two chapters as happy, I'd like to see more of her stories like this.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Ah, that was great art and I love them being happy cute adults together.

ravenel
Yurumon discussion 08 Jan 11:23
joined Jan 8, 2016

Kind of loving this. The art's rough but not bad and it's hilarious and a great mix of the two worlds. And I always love when people handle being transported to a different world (a la so many fantasy stories) this way, understandably confused but also pragmatic.
Tsundere Charmander and Kyoko are super cute, I totally love how that's unfolding, especially with Kyoko pointing out the whole "you can't choose your trainer" thing.