Forum › Posts by ninrok

ninrok
Semelparous discussion 21 Apr 20:53
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I really wonder why Ogino made that change. I really liked where the one-shot left off, and the setup in general. This feels kinda... Expected? Usual? Not to down it per say, I'm going to follow it... But it seemed like an unnecessary change.

But, I'm going to trust the author on this one since I've liked their work. Just really super curious about that as a writer myself, I guess.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

God I fear for them right now. Please author don't break my heart =(

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

"They were damn cute."

These two. Thee two get it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2020 10:00PM

ninrok
The Bridge discussion 01 Apr 20:42
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Ffffffff my soul

ninrok
SHY discussion 19 Mar 23:40
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Shy has to be like, the most wholsesome superhero I've ever seen.

Well, maybe not "ever," but she's up there on the Wholesome Rankings" lol.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

This is more cute than it has any right to be, but this chapter by far.... my gawd, the sweetness

ninrok
SHY discussion 27 Feb 21:03
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I’m sitting here all misty-eyed and I’m not ashamed at all.

sniffle

@Lilliwyt - indeed, his plan has a child’s level of logic to it, which makes sense. Likely, he hasn’t thought of anything outside of “adults bad, children good.” I’m willing to place a bet that his past has something to do with either being a hero or related to a hero that f’d his whole world up somehow.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

He's been abusive from the start, so this doesn't surprise me much tbh. My only personal gripe, really, is that it's taking that to set up the next step. I preferred when the asshat was less overt, and was hoping Midori would change without the help of him being an absolute monster. i really do hope she gets far, far the hell away from him.

But that said... I also don't think it's wrong of me to hope that incel POS gets hit by a fiery garbage truck.

ninrok
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 01:03
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I think it's really interesting how people can hate this series so much yet still come here to complain about it at every new chapter.

I loved this chapter. Yes, Liz did screw up, but I can see this being an important part of her character development. I mean, she was treating Maki a bit like trash, but after this chapter Liz probably realized that she loved her. And also that she's not a good person herself.

Anyway, great stuff :3

For the record, I don’t hate it, not at all. I like certain aspects of it, and I’m just hoping Maki proves to not be a doormat in the end.

I’m really just waiting for the two mc’s to reach that point of change. This chapter might be that for Liz, we’ll have to see I suppose. It’s one of the few stories I’ve read where I’m not 100% rooting for or against the main pair.

ninrok
Liberty discussion 09 Feb 21:21
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I feel like I never seen main characters breaking up as their ending chapter, I always see the main characters changing and becoming better and then they live happily ever after, but this one I really wish they break up for good and Maki can meet someone better, and Liz should just stay with her senpai so she can get her ears licked everyday and get wet, I never hated a character so much like I want Maki to tie Liz and make her watch as she have sex with someone else, I wanna see her in pain

...okay that’s a bit too much.

I honestly don’t know where I fall on this one, though Liz definitely gets some blame since she knows what kind of person her senpai is. However, her senpai knew she was clearly with someone else and pushed on her, so I place more of that at her door than anything.

Still, I was already not a fan of Maki and Liz getting together from the start, but Maki also feels like one of the most spineless characters I’ve read in a while. This whole story honestly comes across “everyone is a hot mess,” and I don’t know if anyone really should get a “happy ending” from it.

At most, I hope Liz truly moves on from this manipulative woman completely, and tbh unless Maki gets more confidence and respect for herself, I don’t think being with Liz would be any healthier for either of them.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Taking bets now.

10 to 1 Nikaidou faints
7 to 1 Nikaidou drools uncontrollably
5 to 1 Nikaidou drools uncontrollably and then faints
2 to 1 Nikaidou jizzes in her pants

She's gonna do all three somehow.

I'm honestly kinda worried for Nikaidou at this point lol

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Dammit, I was hoping I was wrong, but nope

Love triangle

Ugh

Still enjoying this just... but... sigh

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Huh... I really didn't think the first chapter was bad. It wasn't great, and I do agree the pacing was way too fast, but once it got to the end I was honestly intrigued, since we rarely get to see stories past that point.

The chapters since have been good. Again, not life-changing amazing or anything, but I'm enjoying it... and these two dorks are growing on me. :-p

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Beautiful, rewarding read from start to finish.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah I have to agree, that was pretty darn good.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Iono', I liked this. This felt more about Shizuoa realizing what she has and officially admitting it, rather than the point being Mio's response. There was always this slight feeling of "one sided" to me, and these two chapters feel like it puts them on equal footing.

That said, it'll also depend on where things go after this, too, though considering the tone of this series overall I don't foresee Shizuka f'ing this up lol.

I do get the frustration though, as Mio honestly had every right to be far more unforgiving and break things up.

ninrok
SHY discussion 15 Sep 06:15
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Please don't let her become just one of the person she will save in the story. Like that one that seems important but the she saves her and we never see her again... I wish badly for yuri or at least for her to stay around so we can have subtext.

My read on this might be wrong, but since she knows Shy's identity at least for the moment, and Shy could absolutely use someone to help encourage her that isn't a powerful hero already... she's likely going to end up being the hero's confidant, that one friend who know who she really is and helps keep her head on straight.

I kinda hope that's the case, at least.

keep her head on straight, or... keep her head on gay

...they should totally date, officially, is what I'm saying

You know what, keeping her head on "gay" is much better and I can't believe I missed the opportunity to say it lol.

And yah, I certainly would be okay with that outcome.

ninrok
SHY discussion 09 Sep 03:40
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Please don't let her become just one of the person she will save in the story. Like that one that seems important but the she saves her and we never see her again... I wish badly for yuri or at least for her to stay around so we can have subtext.

My read on this might be wrong, but since she knows Shy's identity at least for the moment, and Shy could absolutely use someone to help encourage her that isn't a powerful hero already... she's likely going to end up being the hero's confidant, that one friend who know who she really is and helps keep her head on straight.

Yay, I made the easiest prediction ever =p

In all seriousness, I'm glad she is sticking around, and I like their dynamic already.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

The growth in these two, their relationship... Aw man, I'm all misty-eyed. So happy for them getting to this point.

ninrok
SHY discussion 01 Sep 18:38
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

That was better than I expected, and I already liked it a lot. Fav'd.

ninrok
SHY discussion 26 Aug 02:11
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don’t care if this story is cliched and predictable, I'll always love these kinds of stories to death!! >.<

Same, I want more and I'm not ashamed to say that

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I guess the concept of knocking on the door doesn't exist in manga.

I mean, that's not just a Japan thing. Parents be like that.

Exactly. I can't count the number of times my parents just barged right into my room when I was younger.

Basically. Hell, that was the rule growing up in my home lol...

Until you move out, we can open the door at any time.

ninrok
Dear discussion 18 May 12:42
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

"You could be proud."

That answer was so good. Damn I love that line for some reason.

Overall good, but yeah Yuu kinda bothered me with how passive she was in the end. I get the feeling that she's the more pragmatic of the two so that's whys he was concerned about the photos going to print, but Saki being like "so?" was just awesome lol.

ninrok
Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Whew lawd this left a bad first impression. I won't lie, I was kinda iffy after the first chapter, but with more context this seems way more cute than we were led to believe lol. I'm diggin it.