Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

This is super cute ヽ(°ᴥ°)ノ !
I want more!

HitsujiMary
Touma-kun discussion 21 May 03:13
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Okay, this is as far as my suspension of disbelief goes.

Touma-kun doesn't have any redeeming quality that'd make her attractive or charismatic.

I dont care what the characters of the story think, because that's not how you analyse a work. Of course the characters are going to believe this narrative the author cooked up. But us? We have no reason to believe Touma-kun is in any way charismatic or has some quality that makes girls stick to her like flies. To top it off, she's dumb and an airhead, she doesn't seem to have been built for this story. Rather, it feels like the author wanted to make a female harem story, and decided to make of the protagonist an air headed woman that's too oblivious or dense to notice anybody else's feelings, so that she doesn't really have to deal with any sort of conflict or anything interesting. Hell, she feels almost inhuman or alien-like.

Manga is a visual medium, so those things above wouldn't be too bad if Touma-kun was at least framed in a way that made sense. I mean, c'mon, shoujo manga has spent decades honing the art of making a character look charming just using a screentone. But there's so little effort put into this manga, that Touma-kun is not even portrayed in an appealing way.

To give an example, it's like if you had a Death Note kinda story, and instead of having Light do smart stuff, you got to hear people tell you that Light is "really really smart, you guys". It'd feel like a cheap trick, and you wouldn't really believe that he was smart after a while, just that the author wanted to make a smart character and failed due to their lack of talent.

Tbh I tend to like the "woman playboy" trope. It's a nice "power fantasy" of sorts, but it usually works because the woman in question has some sort of outstanding quality or embodies some sort of "irresistible" trope, making their seductive aspects believable . Here, the author has given me no reason to believe in their premise. (And even if people like Touma-kun may exist in real life, it doesn't work for a story. The idea that a person can be seductive just because she exists is pretty weak, and it doesn't really match up with the way people generally think about partner selection, attraction or sex. It's like a story whose sole gist is that bad people get great luck in life, it doesn't go with people's narratives and ideas about how the world works, as wrong as they might be)

The only possible twist that could make me like this story going forward is one in which Touma-kun to be revealed to be an alien or supernatural being of sorts that is trying to mate with as many women as possible for reasons.

last edited at May 21, 2018 3:16AM

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I dont know why there aren't more comments for this manga, but it is pretty darn great!
Best aaaaaaangst Ive read in a while, and I read a lot of angst. It has a good main character arc, the angst feels very grounded in reality, the art is good (and quite unique), and every part of the story falls into place really well.
Loved this one! Im glad I finally got around to read it <3

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

"It's unforgiveable for humans to become youkai"
Uh...Then, what about Alice? Byakuren?
Sometimes it just feels like ZUN pulls thing out of his part-where-the-sun-dont-shine...

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

probably the least-insufferably drawn penis I've seen in like forever (minus the other futanoka work from the author obviously)

May I ask what you meant by this o:?

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Am I the only one who has seen the anime?
This manga looks and feels like a mix between the anime (a lot of things that would normally seem out of nowhere, like the yuri court or the "box" thing or the fairy tale story) and situations and motiffs that kunihiko wanted to add to the story. It...gives off a very patchwork-y feel.
Overall, I prefer the anime much more. It carried out its themes of social isolation better. (Although I wanted much more Sumika and Ginko from it...) I'm happy the manga is able to expand on the characters, though!

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Aww, this short story reminded me why I loved this pairing so much! haha :B
Parsee is great <3
"Shut up."
"Go home."
"SHUT UP AND GO HOME."

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Oh for fffffffsss...
I believe I am now able to sue Ssamba for psychological torture.
Not like I will. I need that kiss, and I need it now!! ;w;

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Mnn, well! If you're looking for something feelsy that'll leave you crying out rivers, then perhaps you might wanna try "Stretch", although there's very little yuri in that manga (mostly romance, I won't say anymore cause I don't wanna spoil anything o:)
"A Kiss and a White Lily" is pretty nice! The art is great, and you get various pairings. It's still ongoing tho! :B
Otherwise...You could check two of the most followed manga/comics, which are "Their Story" and "Fluttering Feelings". They've been ongoing for a while. Both are cool stories, I personally prefer Fluttering Feelings tho, but with FF you might get the feeling that the plot is going in circles~
However, the two main characters are so much fun, and you get to see how they develop feelings for each other, which is awesome!
And, well...If you wanna read NSFW, then it's much less troublesome to just look up a random doujin, or one based on a series you like o:

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Oh boy.
So cute ;w;
I need more of this.
I hope it lasts for more than 3-5 chapters tho... ;w;

HitsujiMary
Image Comments 15 Dec 16:23
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

She looks really cute and handsome~ ! ahah, I hope she wears this at some point in the series!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I couldn't help but notice just how great this scene was.

Btw, I like how Seol-a is becoming more "normalized". By the beggining of the series she was like...Well, like Enah. She had this "untouchable" aura. But now she just has more "normal" reactions, like those you'd expect from a character as important as she is. (And seeing how the story has began to center on her feelings for No-Rae and all...)

Well, at least that's how I see it! ahah :B

I can't wait for chapter 56, I need to know if Enah will try to put a move on No-Rae! (It's not like No-Rae would notice tho, lol ...;w; )

And I need more Seol-a jealousy shenanigans! ;w;

HitsujiMary
Where you from?~ 03 Dec 21:40
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I'm from BA, Argentina, and it seems there are some other porteños around! :D
Good to know. There are never enough yuri followers in a country like this. I often feel alienated from the otaku fandom since everyone likes yaoi...And it's not like yaoi is bad, but c'mon. Yuri, man. There's nothing more refreshing for the soul than watching cute girls doing cute things.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Oh, I saw your videos back when I was lurking /u/ when this game/the trial was announced. I loved the first one!
I think it's great you're trying to improve your japanese.
I can tell you know a lot about grammatical/sentence structure, even if I think you could do better interpretations, at times.
Anyway, thanks for uploading all of these!

HitsujiMary
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 21:40
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

I want to see what else the artist did so I need link for Danbooru not link direct to the image.

Argh, sorry. http://hijiribe.donmai.us/posts/732079?tags=usami_renko+Maribel_hearn here?
The artist's tag on Danbooru is "miya (tsumazukanai)"

And saying "I'm sorry" is extremely fitting for Sun Jing, I think...haha~

HitsujiMary
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 20:14
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

You have link for it on Danbooru? Or at least the artist name?

http://hijiribe.donmai.us/data/c61f1a2f19d979a550324afed98d4c24.jpg
here you go! :B

Also, I saw the update on facebook, and oh gawd, YES <3

HitsujiMary
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 18:57
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

HitsujiMary, your avatar is a doujin cover?

Sadly, no. It's just an image I found on Danbooru of Renko and Merry from touhou... (That ship is my everything)

The characters being together has never been put into question, is just that the execution so far feels really sloppy and absurdly padded. Like if the author had clearly what was the end game but is struggling to get there.

I think I understand what you mean...The flow of the comic itself is fragmented.

HitsujiMary
Their Story discussion 09 Nov 00:14
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine

The sudden shift to the guy's perspective feels really random right now.

Because of those breaks from girls I couldn't get into it anymore so I dropped it.

Well, yeah, the series had a lot of breaks...But it's reaching a sort of climax, I think they're going to get together soon, based on current events.
If they don't, then yeah, I'd be really dissapointed...
But it's still a cute story, which is very well drawn out, and is in full color.
We don't usually see that in the "yuri/shoujo ai" section...

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

KISS HER ON THE LIPS GODDAMNIT! I WANT TO SEE THE KISS NOT THE DAMN UMBRELLA!
flips table

My feelings, exactly.

I find the main couple to be the most boring one actually. Much prefer all of the side ones, even the one with the deranged girl of the garden club.

Ouch! Poor deranged girl! * doesn't even remember her name *

Now, Ayaka and Yurine have some interesting interactions, and I love Ayaka's attitude towards everything. It's so passionate!
But yeah, they do feel a bit more "shallow" and a bit more...stereotypical yuri.
But I'm guessing their developement will be slow, and sort of in-between the different arcs...
Have I already said this, I wonder? I don't remember ;w;
Anyway, let's hope they get a bit more attention and a bit more character developement on the next arcs~

HitsujiMary
Stretch discussion 17 Oct 04:53
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Arghr..
I stayed up until 6 am reading the whole series...
I wanna kill myself.
I think I'll try to do so with the pillow.
WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME, MANGA AUTHOR?! WHY!
I feel empty! And sad! Why did it have to end like this? Arghrhgr...

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

That credit page is exactly how we all must be feeling, I imagine.

HitsujiMary
Murcielago discussion 29 Sep 00:43
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

yaaay, new episodes <3
Kuroko's expressions are the best~ :3
I can't wait until this arc's climax and ending~
And I love how even if Kuroko is shown as an extreme serial killer, as a protagonist she does show you a lot of qualities that make her lovable. To be honest, I don't know why every cop is so disgusted by her. (She's a psychopath. What were you expecting from her~? haha~. And are there no corrupt cops in this world? The higher-ups seemed pretty corrupt themselves!)

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Steins;gate references!? Nice.

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

she supposed to win with that skinny body?
oh well fiction....

You wonder about that but not about how someone could memorize a book in a foreign language by reading it once? haha~
"NO MOE FOR YOU" made me laugh so loud <3
I loved this chapter. Even if it was short, it was full of yuri goodness!

HitsujiMary
Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Just, why a girl MUST look ONLY feminine? I can't understand this. Femininity is inside the body, in my opinion. Every girl is free to wear or seem as she wants, stop. Btw, I prefer close these brackets. I liked this chapter, it is so calm and sort of relaxing (for me). I like the new student's charm. However, I hope that the next chapter will be more interesting.
Ps. My God, the other protagonist's hairstyle is just like mine. I've finally found someone that seems me. LOL

Well, in my opinion, it's not that she must only look feminine.
It's not about being feminine at all.
But you can usually tell a girl is a girl, even if she's being unfeminine.
Even if it's manga.
Take Naoto shirogane for example, or Kase in Asagao to Kase-san.
This artist's style just makes it look like a dude, and it doesn't help his style is reminiscent of shoujo manga..
It's not about what she wears, of course not. But the shape of her body, her body language itself, the way her clothes "fall" on her body (as unimportant as it may seem, it actually makes a huge difference when it comes to drawing people of different genders)
Generally I wouldn't mind, I actually like shoujos (even if I have a lot of conflict with their narratives). And I'm a girl who wears all different kinds of clothing, even really boyish ones. Hell, if this were a "FtM trans dating a girl", I would totally go for it. Those kinda unpopular stories always have interesting characters.
But this is kinda 'sold' as "yuri/shoujo ai".
And I do come here to read those genres...
So yeh, it's kind of a downer when I can't immerse myself in the world of the author and actually believe it :/
EDIT: I'm loving the Pure Water Adolescence series from this author. One of the first authors that actually make me like age gap yuri stories!

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 11:40PM