Forum › Posts by PraiseYuri

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@luinthoron
Idk, it reminds me of real life horror stories of "nice guys" who just stay back and observe a girl they like because they're too socially inept and then when their crush finally throws them a bone in the way of any sort of attention, they become absolute monsters and take an inch for a mile.

I'd rather the premise was the loner doing it on a spur of the moment thing since she didn't like being used for the recommendation letter and wanted to teach smart girl a lesson rather than the whole one sided feelings thing though again, I don't like the premise at all either way lol

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Eughhhhhh, I never liked the premise of this manga where the kissing is only happening for other motives but it kinda makes it worse that loner liked girl the whole time and saw her chance to strike by blackmail to force intimacy. If this wasn't mangaland there definitely would be some psycho vibes.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This manga wasn't even yuri lol

I swear every single manga I've seen with the premise of people living together because of dead relatives has been very wishy washy and vague. Also ending had the very clichéd character moves out for no reason just so we could end in a time skip where they reunite. The premise is cursed.

The flashbacks between midori and original girl was def lesbian love, at least one sided but the love between midori and the daughter is clearly familial imo.

last edited at Jun 10, 2020 6:26PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This author sure likes drawing alluring adult women

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I think the drawings of the characters are quite good but a lot of panels just seem too busy? With that much dialogue and background design it's hard to know where to look when reading each panel and it takes some time to decipher it.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I'm always surprised when I see a Yuri-ism release. They used to be one of the big scanlators when YuriProject was still a thing and pushing releases like everyday. Good times and a blast from the past/not quite dead scanalator.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Tbh, I don't think this even classifies as a yuri work. The only thing in its favor is that it has 2 female leads. We're expecting yuri because it's tagged yuri but I think that's just wrong tagging and there's no yuri to be found or will be found.

last edited at May 14, 2020 12:23AM

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Author doesnt seem to be in a hurry to deal with the main couple considering we had like what, 5 straight chapters without big interactions between the two?

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Man, reading that final extra chapter just felt like so much of the manga eventually was nothing. Author is just like fuck it, and pairs the remaining characters all willy-nilly. All the beginning chapters were basically just to leave you in a state of constant perpetuation and when they finally explain it you're just like "uh... OK". Disappointing how I like this artist's art style both their works have been disappointing.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Lol, I remember real sad that the translation of this dropped but Jesus, what a shit show. Some cosmic fate would never allow them to be together so Rinko is like just cuck me and I'll make do with your kids.

PraiseYuri
Age 15 discussion 10 Mar 09:40
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@cryssoberyl really? I only read Heavenly Garden and I want to be honest but they both have similar premises like Age 15 as in it starts with rape which blooms into love. Asagi Ryuu has always had a nukiege writing style to me.

PraiseYuri
Age 15 discussion 10 Mar 00:04
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Asagi Ryuu and dysfunctional "romantic" relationships, name a more iconic duo

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Hey wait this isn't yuruyuri

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Bruh this shit just went sonic speed in pacing yet has little panels. I really want to like this series but its making it hard for me lol

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Lol that credits page. Mangadex come back, we miss you

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

It's a cheap source of dramatic tension that doesn't require much creativity or effort. The longer they maintain the lie the longer they can go without having to think up new sources of conflict in the story.

Sounds about right. And then when the lie is revealed, the manga ends shortly after because the author's writing crutch is gone so all these lying chapters end up with puny payoff, nty

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Why is there so many manga where relationships are based on lies. And they continue to keep on the lie

PraiseYuri
Image Comments 05 Oct 15:42
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015
Efjakfauwaaidab-orig%20(1)

I wish post-Timeskip Marianne was actually confident to match her older, no bags design. Sadly she's still the stuttering, unconfident, crumbling gal she was pre-timeskip.

PraiseYuri
1 x ½ discussion 25 Sep 20:48
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

In a perfect world, this would have been a Dead brother's widow x Akira manga and we wouldn't have see this horrendous arc.

PraiseYuri
1 x ½ discussion 01 Sep 16:54
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This flashback arc, I sleep. Grooming senpai is offended that Asuka prefers her Mom over basically getting raped, jeez

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Oh hey a new series

Abandoned

Alright never mind.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Honestly we allow yaoi and traps here (or the classic cross dressing yaoi) and honestly futa is a lot closer to yuri than those other two so I don't see why not. That's said, I too expect a shitstorm. popcorn

last edited at Jul 11, 2019 9:34PM

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Is the author the same as flowerchild Ueda? In that case you have duplicate authors since one already exists: https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/flowerchild_ueda

Can't say for sure myself, sometimes the art looks like Ueda and sometimes it doesn't.

PraiseYuri
Yurigurashi discussion 06 Jan 21:58
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Nice to see this get a translation. IIRC this got picked up by Yenpress too. So if you like the series you can support it when they release their English translation.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Honestly it does a feel a little bit "rapey". Especially at the end where sensei is like don't tell your parents about this but we can always meet at my house ;)

Even by doujinshi standards this felt a bit uncomfortable for me.