Forum › Posts by Mayjaplaya

Mayjaplaya
Secret discussion 29 Dec 17:31
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

This is just 4chan speculation but I read Afro (Yurukyan's mangaka) didn't want any romantic relationships in their manga (i.e. leaving NadeRin purely friends and not making them too gay) but they blew it with that Rin x Sakura chapter that sent the shippers alight with... well, Rin x Sakura.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 5:32PM

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 24 Dec 02:41
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Cwvtlxg

I thought it was Banana and Hikari looking at the thumbnail. Then I thought "that can't be right, it's Junna and Nana (Junana?), right?" or for a hell of a crackship, Banana x Umi...

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Aki/Yori shipping is yet another example of what I have come to call Tomolo Syndrome.

Tomolo = The Other, More Obviously Lesbian One.

Put money on it: whenever there’s a Tomolo second lead, at least some shippers will go all-in on the off-brand ship, no matter how obviously it’s Never Gonna Happen.

(Heck, sometimes the upswell of public opinion is so great that the Tomolo gets her own spinoff.)

Exhibit A: Sayaka in YagaKimi.

Exhibit B: Ano in Yurirei.

Worst-case scenario, Yori rejects Aki, Himari never figures it out and just stays friends "forever" with Yori

I mean, you can have just put the second part. First part is fairly obvious, as much as i think is likable i can't see why Yori will accept Aki right now.

Ultimately Aki is highly unlikely to win, but it's entertaining to speculate and cheer for her a bit. People can change. If Himari never figures it out, that will make it more likely Yori comes around on Aki. Again, she probably won't, and I guess Himari's supposed to really be the one who changes, but if she does then it wouldn't be the worst-case scenario anymore. Hell, it could be a pretty happy ending, even. If Himari is really only capable of "loving" Yori as a friend like she "loves" everyone else, she'll be happy and she'll be none the wiser.

last edited at Dec 4, 2019 7:21PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

^ That's a much better worst-case scenario than what happened in what the love triangle first reminded you of, lol

Well... that was about the worst-case scenario I could imagine that was within the bounds of a PG-13-ish moe yuri romance manga. Of course a true worst-case scenario would be like... well, what you said.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Poor Mya-nee.

I knew I wouldn't be the only one to make this comparison.

Mochi au Lait draws totally-not-WataTen! Top 10 Anime Crossovers!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm not a "veteran" of romance dramas but the first thing this love triangle reminded me of was Madoka Magica.

Hitomi/Aki: "If you don't attack, then I will!"

This is either the kick in the ass Himari needs to actually become lovers with Yori, or she's going to fucking lose. Of course the latter probably isn't going to happen because most romance stories are just not written that way, but like many other people here I'd be fine if Yori and Aki become lovers and Himari fucking loses if she can't figure it out. Worst-case scenario, Yori rejects Aki, Himari never figures it out and just stays friends "forever" with Yori.

Mayjaplaya
Yuru Yuri discussion 02 Dec 01:23
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Ah yes, Yuru Yuri has returned. And with it, returns my sudden craving for chocolate and tissue paper.

Also rum raisin. I don't even like Kyouko that much.

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 1:23AM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Wasn't this a day in the original VN?

Yeah I could've sworn a very similar scenario played out in either the original VN or some bonus side story.

Mayjaplaya
MariYuu discussion 26 Nov 03:42
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Hey, thanks for using the original names.

+1 to this.

And Mary definitely seems like the kind of girl that would come out of a town called "Spiketown".

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Im rewatching k-on! On netflix so this is actually great timing

The dialogue made this seem kind of... off. But it was hot so

Waow, I had no idea even K-On! is on Netflix now.

Then again I hardly use Netflix at all because I'm still a luddite who pirates everything.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 20 Nov 06:58
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Ejaatlmu4aewv8p-orig

Dig! Dive! Rock Polish! Play Rough! The moveset possibilities are endless!

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Day Hard? Female detective?

I'm trying to imagine a female Bruce Willis, and my brain refuses to process it.

Yippee ki-yay desu wa!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I hated the "I stan that" translation as well. Too lazy to Google it right now to double-fact-check but for those unaware (and I know there's at least a few of you) "stan" is slang for being an obsessive fan of something, or someone who is an obsessive fan of something. Came from an Eminem song or something.

last edited at Nov 13, 2019 5:53AM

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 13 Nov 05:46
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Ehtzzdcvuaev4lk-orig

KAERU BASHO WA KOKO DA YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;_;

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Pg. 6: "desert" -> "dessert"

Also, I've never, ever heard anyone contract "excuse me" into "'cuse me". I've seen "'scuse me" before but not "'cuse me".

last edited at Nov 12, 2019 3:22AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

At first I thought it said "Operation: More Love Live!" and thought we'd be getting a hell of a crossover.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

i feel kinda weird about the short haired girl being suddenly in love with the MC after being all over Saki during the festival. It feels like she's there just to suffer in silence after helping the MC get the girl.

I felt the same way. I felt sorry for her, like she was just written to be a hopeless third wheel to cause triangle drama.

She's cute, and I was hoping she got her own girlfriend but unfortunately the manga was both short and just not written that way.

last edited at Nov 1, 2019 5:34PM

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I can't believe it, even those two already did it and YuzuMei are still on square one.

DESTRUCTION 100

But hey, cut them some slack, they're not on square one.

They're on square one+.

last edited at Oct 30, 2019 2:00AM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

That mom looked like a ghost there. She even has that dead-mother side braid. Of course, this isn't the kind of series that kills their characters, except in a pretend sense.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Super minor nitpick but you gotta make sure your font and spacing choices don't make the text hard to read. On page 2 "UMIELI" looks like "UMIEU" because the L and I blended together.

Mayjaplaya
Image Comments 15 Oct 20:50
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015
Tights

Same artist as Miru Tights.

Arigatights.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I love this, but some of the characters look identical to each other and i find it really confusing!

That's kind of the double-edged sword of restricting yourself to real, natural Japanese hair/eye colors, and having 99% of the girls wearing samey school uniforms "seifuku". There are practical, artistic reasons to the whole cliche "you gotta have blue/anime hair".

On the topic of looking identical to each other, I'm wondering if Hachiko really came up with 200 unique Japanese girls' names or they reused some... or if they mixed and matched creating triangle drama! 100 scenes is enough to make basically a universe of yuri!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Bruh, a vomit kiss? HakuAi flashbacks

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Be on the lookout for Nakatani's soon to be smash hit, 'Mio Nanami's Adventures In Another Land!'

Coming t-today wednesday

Funny, I didn't make the connection that Mio got truck-kun'd and truck-kun is a popular meme plot device to land the (usually a loser) MC into an isekai.

Mayjaplaya
62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

elevown posted:

Really nice manga :) I need to read it all the way through tho- its been ages since I read the early chapters

I never got round to watching the anime for this- is it worth watching? I mean how many chapters does it cover? it can't get much resolved or end in a very satisfying place in so few episodes I'd think?

It ends during their date in the aquarium if I remember correctly.... and it's 1000% recommended watch even if you've read the manga twice or more, it really adds more to the romance sometimes. But as for the subtitles to enjoy it without issues...idk

Had a problem with the subtitles? A blessed anon has made honorifics patches for it.

Meanwhile I'm trying to collect Symphogear subs that aren't Commie/Horrible and it's surprisingly and disappointingly hard.