Forum › Posts by Selene

Selene
Teppu discussion 24 Nov 00:03
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ahh, I figured it was something like that. For all that though, it wasn't a BAD ending.

I really like how Natsuo was drawn too...

Selene
Teppu discussion 23 Nov 22:23
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So, I binged this. I actually really like it. It's quite a change from what I normally read. The characters aren't unreasonably busty and the clothes don't magically tear everywhere except the most important places, and it's completely female centered.. Frankly, it's done with a lot of taste and consideration for the sport and those who take it seriously. Of course, there's drama thrown in, but the characters are all engaging, even the secondary ones. They all feel like real people with their own goals and personalities. Watching them all put their hearts into it for various reasons is fun, even if I'm not much into MMA.

My only complaint is that the ending seems a little incomplete. Natsuo has a resolution of sorts, bu Mawatari had no development at all through the whole manga. It's almost like she should have been the main character, where we would slowly be given her tragic back story and reasons for the way she is and why she fought. In that case Natsuo would've been the slightly insane and disturbing, but skilled, antagonist that Yuzuko had to defeat before the final boss (the big tournament). It's an interesting thought.

Anyway, I absolutely love Natsuo's character, and would welcome seeing more. That evil smirk she always wears and the complexes she has.. She's doesn't have a "good" personality, obviously, but with her realization at the end, I'd love to see where she goes from there, as she continues to do MMA. And her best friend, Kei, was adorable, and provided a wonderful counterpoint and had a somewhat humanizing effect on Natsuo..

All the other girls at the girl were interesting, and I liked seeing all their quirks and differences. This actually got me excited for more. Would love to see the big tournament itself, especially with Natsuo sneakily in as a reserve. Anyway, it was a great ride!

Oh and I know it wasn't even really a thing in the story, but chapter 12 when Natsuo calls the Round Girls sexy, and then later calls Honma Mitsuki pretty, well, kinda makes you hope for some yuri at some point. Though obviously for Natsuo it's more about the fighting and the masochism than romance, so I could see her being bi, okay no matter the gender, but anyway, that's just speculation..

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think this is the first time I've experienced the "a girl in love is cuter" effect myself. I've liked the Nononon x Yumimi pairing since the beginning. The more Yumimi tries to encourage her, and the more Nononon struggles with her insecurities, the cuter she looks. Just a little bit chubby.. It suits her and I love the way she's drawn! Too bad her kouhai couldn't be walking by and see her in her swimsuit.

Next step in breaking down her insecurities is obviously lewd sex hand-holding.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Official. Even if it isn't canon, does it mean the author ships them too?

Yeah she does. She was freaking out about how gay eiko's character song was

Sauce for either one please. cx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsvFlOvGuE

freaking out about how gay the song is

Why did it take me so long to find this series?! And official doujin!! fangirls

Selene
Slow Start discussion 15 Nov 15:18
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Okay, so this picture is what convinced me to start reading the series. Just binged it over this week. Seriously, Eiko and Sensei! I'm surprised at how natural it feels. It doesn't feel like a forced running gag. It feels natural and Sensei actually seems to be feeling something in return. It's adorable!

And Kamu is...well, I can see the daughter argument but it doesn't seem quite so platonic to me.. And then when she bonded with Sensei over sweets.. Eiko x Sensei is the dominant pairing here in my opinion, but I could see a possible 3P. How rare..

Edit: And the way Sensei turns the teasing around on Eiko every now and then..I just squee every time.

last edited at Nov 15, 2019 3:18PM

Selene
Image Comments 12 Nov 16:41
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Eje7hxyuuae4wm1-orig

This would be your everyday pocky kiss picture if it wasn't for the lips. Girl on the right, where the pocky is clearly pushing out her lips, that little curl on the upper one. Yeah..

Selene
Kuzushiro discussion 08 Nov 17:33
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

New favorite author here. Seriously, I've read Love/Death, and Kimi no Tame nara Shineru hasn't been updated in forever, but I never really got around to their other stories. Holy crap! They're all different, it seems. Different settings and themes, but wow are they all really good. Haven't finished all the stories quite yet but I just wasted the whole day without even getting out of bed trying to catch up. Wondeful.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Huh.. this is really, really good on a character level. Excluding any romance, the whole family drama thing is awesome. All the friends too.

But what jumps out at me is the comparison to My Unrequited Love. I can understand not putting tags on yet, since the story's direction is vague (also, I've ignored spoilers in this thread, since I'm actually really invested in this story no matter where it goes, so others might not want to spoil), but to me i think it deserves a subtext tag. It's very subtly done, but reading it in one sitting, the clues add up.

Shino's reactions in the bath when she was half-asleep (the panels focusing on Nonomi's breasts and thighs) as well as other little scenes. Not to mention her hesitance to be thought of as family. It's not as clear-cut as MUL of course, where she definitely has a reason to not be considered family, but it also seems like she kinda gets, subconciously, that she doesn't want to be just a sister. Also, her friends' comments, the holding hands in the car and at night..

Now that I think about it though, subtext might only apply to vague but requited feelings.. Yuri crush subtext?

But really, this is so good particularly because it doesn't necessarily mean anything. For Nonomi, it's more obvious that she's conflating Shino with her brother a bit, though there are hints Shino might be doing the same, or even putting herself in brother's shoes. No matter what though, this is wonderful and well-written and a new favorite.

Selene
1 x ½ discussion 30 Oct 02:38
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

So, with this chapter finally went back and did the read through in one sitting. To help others understand (it helped me, I kinda made a quick outline.) Blocked for details of the plot to now and so people can just skip ahead if they want. Wish there was a way to hide blocks of text instead of the this or spoilers..

So, my reread. Through the first two chapters you can really see how Asuka and her mom were a bit roughly sketched. Not so much as others I’ve seen, but it’s noticable. Not bad, just rough.  Chapter 5, the start of Volume 2 is where the details start to fill in it seems.
Chapter 9
Ayaka asks Asuka (say that ten times fast!) where she learned such things, after Asuka tries to pressure her into kissing with tongue. Asuka, casually, says “probably with practice”. She then has a conversation with Jun where she realizes he’s trying to consider her (not returned) feelings.. and she says she doesn’t think she could do something like that.
Then as pointed out earlier in this thread, during that same conversation in chapter 10, she starts wondering when she first thought of her mom that way, and it fades into Miyuki-senpai and what happened.
Ayaka and Akira talk about a weird, brief phase.  “Around… the winter of second year of middle school.”
meets senpai at the wedding, and flashback to senpai being group leader and also to middle school. Where senpai has a mark on her neck. Actually, it goes from 12, to 13.1
Is that right?
Anyway, 13.* is middle school, presumably during that phase.
Rui denies being close to Asuka “we’re just childhood friends”. Rui joined a club first year, and they drifted apart by second. Asuka also masturbates on her mom’s bed, while thinking of her mother and how it’s painful that her mom’s smile isn’t just for her. And she’s noticed this, and it scares her.
13.1A (Actually comes after 13.2, but I switched them here for sake of continuity, since this happens first chronologically.)
Ayaka comes home to find Asuka on her bed asleep after the masturbation. Unintentionally sets off her still sensitive skin while scolding her, is oblivious.
Ayaka muses that Asuka is strangely “meek and cute” lately. Mom notices and comments on Asuka secluding herself after Rui and her drift apart. But a special cram school she begins attending, where she’s panicking over other girls talking to her.. is right when Miyuki-senpai appears again.
Asuka is envious of Miyuki’s ease at socializing. Miyuki notices Asuka is holding her feelings inside. While out looking for books, they run into Jun, who warns Asuka about getting too close to Miyuki.
Jun witnessed Miyuki with another girl at some point. Miyuki feels sorry for Jun since Asuka’s oblivious. She asks Asuka if she’s interested in anyone and Asuka thinks of her mother. Miyuki kisses Asuka. She says they should “study” again some time.
In a classroom, Miyuki is kissing Asuka and Asuka is breathing hard. She’s been “teaching” Asuka, and then tells Asuka to do it [kiss] just like she taught her. Asuka clearly learned the art of french kissing from Miyuki. Asuka muses why she’s okay with this, whether it’s because she likes Miyuki’s face. And it was Asuka’s first kiss. This is where she asks Miyuki about the mark on her neck from flashback in chapter 12. Miyuki glares and then smiles, brushing it off as a bug bite. Asuka is unnerved. Miyuki invites Asuka back to her house.
Flashback to elementary. Miyuki is group leader, but other parents gossip about how she’s “too good”. She had been so close to her sister, who’s now in the hospital. And her mother committed suicide. Then again to middle school, at Miyuki’s house. Miyuki calls Asuka’s mother, says she had changed her number and move away six years ago (right after year of flashback, presumably.)
Miyuki starts kissing Asuka while Asuka talks to her mom. Starts unbuttoning her uniform. Asuka notices the mark on her neck again. Asuka moves away, and they talk and bond about loneliness. Miyuki unbuttons her own shirt, and puts Asuka’s hand on her breast, pushing her down. Asuka begins to picture her mom, in a similar state of undress, starts to call out to her. Miyuki shivers (get’s more turned on?).
13.6 first half
Miyuki doesn’t seem bothered when asking Asuka if she does these things at home with Ayaka. Also, quite comfortable with discussing lusting after your own mother. And seems to enjoy pointing this out to Asuka. Miyuki then changes tact, hugging her and trying to calm her down. But then strips Asuka’s top off and says how being with Miyuki may work as a substitute. Things progress, but after only a short while, Miyuki sees Asuka is crying and stops.
13.6 second half
They’re getting dressed. Asuka asks if senpai always does stuff like this. Miyuki says just with the girls she’s curious about. There’s a picture of Miyuki with her younger sister. Was the sister the one Miyuki was thinking about, when talking about substitutes? Asuka clearly realizes her feelings for her mother.
Finally, back to present day. Miyuki and Asuka catching up at the wedding. Miyuki wants to meet Ayaka, Asuka puts her foot down. Ayaka goes to check on her, Miyuki sees her coming, and appears to kiss Asuka.

So, now that I've read it all at once, things seem to fit a bit better. Though there's still a few questions. What happened that wasn't Akira's fault? And why was it Ayaka's fault for how Asuka is now? And does Ayaka now realize where Asuka got her practice kissing from back in the day? Is she pissed? Excited for more.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Okay, so also yandere, but with a pure heart. She has Chi's best interests at heart, and isn't using her for herself. The gap reminds me of Happy Sugar Life...though more light-hearted. Anyway, I'm sold.

I actually like the stalker better than the editor so far. Pretty low moving in on Chi-chan that way when he's technically..well, not her boss, but can greatly affect her ability to earn a living. Although he also seems to have a pure heart, so I don't hate him.

And Chi-chan is cute when she's drunk..

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Reading through the first two chapters... okay, it's a comedy so I didn't expect something amazing but I was hoping for a little substance in the background to get into-

"I'm a stalker after all."

This just took an intriguing turn.

Edit:
And that smirk in the beginning of chapter three..

last edited at Oct 29, 2019 10:45PM

Selene
Karura discussion 25 Sep 19:30
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I was kinda expecting a disappointing ending, considering I only really like one or two of Mira's works, and that this was apparently an earlier work no one had bothered to translate.. I was hoping it would at least BE an ending though, not an incomplete one.

Selene
Image Comments 09 Sep 01:42
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
76571842_p0

My OTP from this series too..

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Just realized this is the same author who did Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara, which is also ongoing and currently stopped on a cliffhanger. Now I'm more interested..

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'm actually intrigued. Subscribing to see how this plays out and whether the author can pull it off.

Selene
Image Comments 02 Sep 12:33
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
72092825_p0

Yuu gripping her shorts

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

How tastefully done was the final lude erbody here was angsting for? Honestly, most deserved Yuri anime ever, this whole manga was thoughtful, unrushed and feels natural all the way through. Looking forward to the final chapter (kinda... it's a shame it's over but damn it was done well) and then looking forward to the rest of it being animated

This. Frankly, while I try to support artists as much as I can, I don't have as much spare money for anime and manga as I used to.There are very few yuri I've been able to buy and support, Girlfriends being one of them. And while there are a few yuri I've enjoyed as much as this series, I don't think there are any that can match the quality of Bloom Into You.

Someone else already said it, but this is a masterpiece. Will be buying manga/anime adaptions.

Selene
Image Comments 31 Aug 02:17
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
39779987_p0

Actually, I got the feeling this was the confession.

Girl on Left: "You get it now?"
GIrl on Right: "Wait, you meant THAT kind of love?"

Selene
Image Comments 23 Aug 23:59
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
C3moeb7ueaasujt-orig

Don't really know the series or the pairing but... this position.

Just the idea of how something like this could occur makes me want to laugh in bewilderment. Highly amusing.

Selene
Image Comments 16 Aug 23:16
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015
Ecbajzmuiaal4gy-orig

Damnit Ucchi! XD

Selene
1 x ½ discussion 13 Aug 22:06
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

sirflimflam posted:

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if next chapter reveals Miyuki was abused by her mother, her sister caught them and that's why she killed herself.

Honestly getting that vibe now. Or rather her mother caught her screwing around with her sister and the mom went a bit overboard on the ol' freakout.

Maybe this manga will become a character study about different types of incest and the ramifications?

My thoughts exactly. Although rather than just incest I was going to phrase it as sexual abuse. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our expectations flipped really soon. Which means...time for a re-read with fresh eyes!

So far I've thought this story was serious and well-done. As long as the quality continues I'm happy no matter what the theme turns out to be. Certainly, a taboo story-line can be very enjoyable (it's why we're here). But if it's not well-written it'll end up just "another trashy incest fantasy". And on that note, I have a harder time with serials, even one where I keep up with the updates like this.

It also has quite a lot of extras and in-between chapters, while the volumes themselves are very small. A reread of all available material at once may give better perspective.

last edited at Aug 13, 2019 10:08PM

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I can see where both sides are coming from. At first I read this because of in spite of the bullying. (I might be an angst junkie when certain moods strike me.)

But as each chapter goes on, it's becoming more clear that it's not so much bullying as the childish "teasing a girl you like". Except that she should have grown out of it by now. And she doesn't seem to care whether others see her as a bully (or possibly wants them to, to keep her girlfriend to herself). Then combine that with what even appears to be some unintentional bad timing, and even some help in bullying from the girl being bullied... It's like a perfect storm.

And they both seem to like how things are enough not to mess with it.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Damn, I got super excited there for a bit. Still, same author? I definitely wanna see more of her stuff. So here we go.

Selene
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

Is it just me or does her art remind me sooooo much of Morishima Akiko's art style? Somehow, it feels like Miyuki is either a huge fan or at some point worked together with Akiko (like as an assistant or something)

Not just you. I immediately thought of Hanjuku Joshi. The bottom panels of these pages:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/this_girl_will_make_me_a_woman#10
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/that_red_on_me#14

and the smile on this page in the sequel:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/that_red_on_me#31

all make me think of Yae.

Selene
Blue Friend discussion 05 Aug 23:37
Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think the drama of this story was very well handled and it had an impact that a lot other series don't seem to have
I also think Ayumu is one of my favorite yuri protags

That's it. It's not often you see real depression/suicidal ideation depicted seriously in what is seemingly a romance story. I love that the author seems to balance both, even if the romance is only strongly implied, rather than confirmed.