Forum › Posts by Secretnamorifan11

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Thanks.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

First time I giggled like an idiot while reading a doujin. I love&hate the author who made this (I know, what an oxymoron) because: the characters don't look anything like the one in the VG. On a lighter note, the:

expressions are priceless.

Off topic: I can't seem to find the pairing tag for reo x mai under SHK.

Is there one?
Or is there none?

last edited at Aug 13, 2013 6:16AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

All I could think of was female naruto.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Interesting story, really builds up to the climax.

Secretnamorifan11
I Love You discussion 12 Aug 04:08
joined Jul 17, 2013

It's good.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

please her bi egotistical being

Yes, I can see how you have nothing against bisexuals considering the way you rant about avoiding them like they have the fucking plague. Damn that Ririko for dating someone else instead of waiting for years under the sakura trees on the off-chance that Kiwa makes up her mind, what an egotistical bitch!

I believe she wasn't insinuating that female Bisexuals are evil, just that not good for lesbians as they can also fall in love with men and might choose men over women.

To quote @queenofyuri:

They can break your heart into tiny little pieces.

I believe she was speaking from past experience. It's her free will to express her opinion of being a lesbian but not liking female bisexuals. Though, the whole concept sounds hypocritical.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@Queenofyuri My exact sentiments about the manga.

last edited at Aug 12, 2013 3:58AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I implemented chapter notifications. There is a new system "subscribed" reading list.

Awesome :D

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Why was the black-haired girl still into blond chick after all that?

Clearly, it's because Ririko was her first love, first kiss and first sex. So, of course, her Memory of Ririko will be engraved as 'important' events of her life. Also, it was stated on pg 24 that she liked popular, highly feminine, cute clothes and appearance type of girls, which is basically a description of her first love.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Ah, I see. I don't know if this is gonna sound ridiculous but, how about getting a notifications center and the ability to tag someone in a post so that they can reply to a post made by a user. Just a sudden thought.

The notifications center can inform a user that someone has mentioned them in a post. (Yeah, basically like fb)

And maybe adding a 'favorite' function on a manga and whenever there's a new chapter released you get notified.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. New chapters are in the homepage anyways

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 12:39AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@YuriLoveFan

I hated this. Whatever happened to romance? This is just a story about two girls who slept with each other in high school.

Welcome to the manga world.

Then when they met again at the reunion years later, one was getting married and they decided to screw each other anyway.

They were both at fault. Kiwa knew Ririko was getting married, yet she still asked for it.

this woman is marrying some guy who she doesn't even love and I feel bad for HIM!

How do you know she doesn't love the guy she's gonna marry? The guy was never introduced in the story.

Not her, since she's clearly just a slut who will sleep with anybody, as the flashback made sure to clarify. I'm tired of this.

You got that right. I wonder if 'Angst' should be included in the tags?

Something off topic:
Is it just me who's addicted to girls' uniform that includes neckties? It's just so.. So nice.

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 12:31AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Suggestions Currently on the Table

Hide popular chapters?

What does this mean?

Secretnamorifan11
Citrus discussion 07 Aug 13:52
joined Jul 17, 2013

**NOT REALLY A SPOILER BUT

Check this out (if you want to, I'm not forcing you)
(warning : NSFW)

http://bit.ly/11MAi3J

No, it's not from citrus, apparently, saburo uta made a manga which is included in yuri hime wildrose vol7 (according to tumblr) and it's called "partner".

last edited at Aug 9, 2013 2:03AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Read this again because of the new chapter. This always gives me all kinds of fluffy feels.

Kinda like Kase-san.

I realy love it even with its slow, or, i'd rather call it - laid back pace. It reminds me of 'The amber tea house' in this regard.

Now that you've mentioned it, it is kinda like amber tea house with its pace.

Im kind of expecting it to end 'positively' but noncommitaly - like just with Matsuri working in the sunflower bookery - and it clear miss sunflower knows she is important to her, but leaving it open..

I can see that happening, too. But I'm still hoping it'd somehow be mutual.

What does anyone else think? The manga would require a change in tone - Matsuri has declared her love from the start, but she never directly persues it, and is fairly 'airheaded' and just not 'serious' enough about it in a romantic sense to move things into romance without change.

I think Matsuri is pursuing her love for Miss Sunflower it's just that Miss Sunflower isn't reciprocating her feelings. So, Matsuri isn't trying to advance her pace of affection onto Miss Sunflower.

So while I'd love for things to develop, and certainly they are getting closer, and miss sunflower is realising Matsuri's importance - I dont see how you go from where it is to wanting to kiss and go out together.. Except maybe if its either a) a fair bit longer or b) has a time skip or two in the story.. (Dislike time skips myself).

I definitely hope it's a)

last edited at Aug 7, 2013 2:34AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Wow, tough question you asked there. I liked Sasameki Koto more. Why, I don't know. I just thought it was a cute story. Ushio Kazama (one of the mains in SK)... when I first started reading this, she annoyed me a little, and I thought she was kinda stupid. By the end I loved her. To me, she somehow transformed into an adorable girl... and at times when she was sad, I wished I could give he a hug or some encouraging words to help her out. Cheesy, I know... but I got attached to that story pretty easily. I've read the entire story about 3 times now. I love the cast, I think it's great.

Wow, must be pretty good if you've read it thrice.

SBF I have only read once. I found it to be more angst in a serious way. If that makes any sense. SK was angsty in a rather humerous way. I plan to read SBF again soon, perhaps re reading will make me like it more. But as of now, SK is better imo.

They say it's more of a drama than angst but I guess it depends on whose reading it. It's really subjective.

Yeah, second instance should be manga, the others are fine. Clearly I shouldn't post before my first tea.

Yeah. Tea can alter your world.

Secretnamorifan11
Citrus discussion 06 Aug 23:08
joined Jul 17, 2013

@shadow8321 I was just asking. I think it's alright, I mean you did it yourself so I guess, why not. Thanks for the upload buddy.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I hated the SK anime so much. Didn't cover any of the good parts of the anime, only contained any real drama in the first episode and didn't resolve anything, not even stuff brought up in the anime itself. Animation wasn't bad, but the rest was a half-assed effort at best.

I think you mixed up the words anime and manga.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

SBF is a really subtle, SOL story about a lot of stuff. It has a lot of drama, but it's not angsty or dramatic in its presentation. It's mostly about the relationship between the two MCs, but there are tons of side characters and branching side plots. Quite a few of these side plots have very little to do with yuri or the MCs, and might irritate you if you're looking for a more focused story. I liked it, but it felt a bit typical/rushed near the end.

That's a good insight.

Sasameki Koto is a sometimes hilarious, sometimes very angsty SOL story also about a lot of stuff. It also focuses mostly on its two MCs, but has quite a cast of characters by the end. The series suffers from a bit of an identity crisis (the first half is mostly comedy, the second half is rather serious drama), but I think it changes tone pretty effectively. Less sideplot madness than SBF (still a decent amount though), far more sugary, and probably a hair behind in terms of storytelling.

I see that both of them are, at some point unbalanced. Like the first half is comedy and whatnot and the other half is dramatic.

They're not really the same type of series at all. I'd say they're about as similar as Hanjuku Joshi and Girl Friends (See: not similar). If you go with SK, I do quite love the April Fool's chapter Dinasty did way back. Either way, you're going to be reading something long and unbalanced, but rather enjoyable, flaws considered.

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Personally I like stories that take time for a relationship to develop. Everyone felt Sasameki Koto was long, it was a little, but I loved it.

SK was long but it already had its romance in the first chapters, and it wasn't consistent but it developed. However, R&H isn't like that. The first chapter was so promising. But as it goes, nothing really happened between riko and haru's relationship. It's more like a shoujo ai and a slice of life (it is tagged sol, afterall) more than a yuri.

I'm not as big of a fan as the "I just met you but I love you" "Oh I love you too, let's date" stories....

I think you're talking about one shot yuri/shoujo ai mangas. That's basically how they go.

Though that being said. If anyone knows of a good long series, where it shows the two girls getting close, then dating, then actually continuing after they start dating, please let me know. Rarely seem to see a story with all three parts. (budding relationship, getting together, dating afterward) Most seem to end as soon as they start dating. Or start with the couple dating. I wanna see it all :)

I think Gokujou drops is a good one. They kissed which accounts to going out in manga world, but it doesnt end there. Their relationship still advances. :)

last edited at Aug 6, 2013 1:55AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I meant the 2nd half of Sasameki Koto is way worse than both the first half of it and the whole of Sweet Blue Flowers. IMO it went downhill quality. Didn't even get to the last chapter :c

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know your POV :)

Though Sasameki Koto is more popular than Sweet blue flowers as I've seen from the forum.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

@drpepperfan could you explain what you mean by the '2nd half is much worse?', like how is it worse? and which one were you comparing it to.

and thanks for the suggestion. :)

last edited at Aug 6, 2013 1:07AM

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

To be honest, I haven't read either one of them but I have skimmed the manga sweet blue flowers. The art is good. I heard a lot of people saying that they are very similar, so I just want to ask which one is a better read, Sweet blue flowers or Sasameki Koto? Seeing that both are lengthy mangas (imo) I would only like to read one of them. Also, I would like to know which has more comedic and dramatic scenes.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I like this manga a lot but I don't see any real development between riko and haru. The art is superb and the new girl that joined the club also looks pretty. I hope the author doesn't make the romance to be too dragging.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Pairing>Everyone x Marisa..

Seems legit.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

Dang it, I thought I had the chance to call you an oxymoron but you already did it. Anyways, that was a really good oneshot. Yuri truly is the purest form of love.