Forum › Posts by Galich

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

this is like lolita, with a mum instead of with a dad. sorry for the bad analogy.

My thoughts exactly. It's not about the age gap, but marrying into a family just to get someone's daughter is just begging for trouble. Also, the entire situation, while consensual, doesn't portrait that woman in a very bright light.

Note: I'm not saying that the story was terrible.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ZuljinRaynor I guess we have a few bands that played decent music, especially in the 70s/80s, but nothing of the stuff went overseas. Just out of curiosity, how did your parents come to even knowing this music?

@Alvis Those are absolutely the worst. Actually, any fanbase that takes it a level too high is annoying as heck, but those guys are extra annoying. I guess that living in a country with no interest to manga/anime and other fanbases does have its upsides.

@OriginalGengar Noticed that rap is really popular among Germans. Is that the case?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
As for my country,

An international recognition I mentioned (7.5 in IELTS for students majoring in Law, and 6.5 for students majoring in other study programs) is for students who want to go study abroad.

If you apply for Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Physics, IQ tests are usually included in your Mathematics test. However, it depends on private universities themselves.

To graduate high school you have to go through three examinations, first semester's exam, second semester's exam, and national high school's exam. The same 10 subjects for those three exams. Your overall result of high school exams decide whether you can be accepted into Government Universities (in which considered as an honor). Usually, during waiting for results released, students take uni entrance exams provided by many private universities. Taking those uni entrance exams may be just a waste of time and money, but everyone do it anyway.

As for national high school exam, students are separated by zones/provinces. For each zone, there may be thousands of students whose names are sorted (A-Z) are divided into classrooms. and with already assigned seat numbers. You take exams in a completely new environment (i.e. in an unfamiliar school, with strangers both students and inspectors.) Do you guys have this kind of high school exam?

Rewriting this post, since I've closed the tab with almost entirely finished one a few hours ago. [Saying this as a Polish man] Basically, we have no entrance exams, just final exams (from basic Polish, basic English and math). The rest are not mandatory, like biology, philosophy, chemistry etc. For what I had to pick, I went with advanced English, advanced Polish and history (applying to study foreign languages). That's all you need, then you apply for a uni (the private ones are garbage) and only THEN you get to know the results. We used to have entrance exams, but they were taken off in the 90s. Also, our highschool exams are held at schools, with teachers from different highschools. Which means that you get random students from your school, but a completely random teacher to guard ya.

Your system sounds really convoluted than mine. Just final exam + an entrance exams would do, although writing under those conditions of not knowing anyone near ya can be a bit problematic. From those administrative divions that you've told me about, it occured to me that you're probably from a quite densely populated country. Where are ya from?

As far as highschools are concerned, what you study is bound to the class you're a part of. I was in a history/Polish/English class, plus had to mandatory 2nd language (Russian) and another subject (Latin). The downside of this system is that you cannot just select your subjects at will like in Scandinavian countries.

That CAE is not mandatory to apply for a uni, but if I want courses abroad during the uni years, it really comes in handy. The level of English exams here are B2, which is roughtly 6 for basic English, and 7 - 7,5 for advanced English. Basically, nothing too hard.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I've seen plenty of forums with that, and it really helps with popular threads. Easier shown than said, so I'll just show what I mean.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
That sounds hard. In my country, students who study Law should get at least 7.5 in IELTS, and others should get at least 6.5. However, English Language Test is not compulsory, it's just for an international recognition.

My avatar is from a manga called Last Game. She is an MC.

Oh, the CAE exam isn't mandatory itself for the uni. You do need to pass a mandatory exam from English (roughtly 5.5) in order to get into any uni, and "advanced" English (B2/6.5) for history/law/language studies. However, if you want to go study an eastern language like me and actually visit China/Japan as part of the studies, CAE is pretty much mandatory.

Also, looking at your post, are IQ tests an actual thing when applying for a uni in your country? That is.. something completly different from my country.

Just applied for the uni I want to get. 18 Euros per a degree, applied for 4. We'll see how I do. The worst part? You first pay to apply for a uni, and THEN you get to find out the results of your final exam, so it's totally normal to pay and then fail the finals. I'm dying from stress here, need to know if I managed to get into my favoured degree~~

Hope I don't sound like someone who is barely able to get 6 in IELTS; I'm still very touchy when it comes to my lingual skills.

@Anon Well, since I feel jealous of German music, I'll post the only well known piece from my country.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yh2InVsFag

I think I'm doing it wrong.

60s music? Not my niche, but although what comes to my mind is Animals, The Doors, Credence Sweetwater Revival and Jimmy Hendrix. Pretty much main stream, since the 60s and early 70s were not a fun time in my country.

@Nez Well, that makes it a unique point of view then. Out of sheer curiosity, were the 80s as wild in Canada as much as they were in the US?

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 12:48PM

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Human albinos have light blue or gray eyes, not red.

Don't tell it to Dan Brown. Or actually, do tell him. Not a huge fan of his works anyway. Also, AFAIK albinos have a rather poor eye sight.
I wish that the author would stick with making her eyes red all the time, it adds a nice effect like that ribbon manga.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
Thanks. Wish you get really good results for your finals and the CAE exam.

Certificate in Advanced English. Basically, an internationally recognized exam by the British Council that checks if your level of English is above C1

To pass it, your level must be C2 then. Wow, it must be hard. Is C2 equivalent to an 8.0 in IELTS?

Well, that's a bit of a tough one. CAE is somewhere between C1 and C2 - you need to fully finish C1 courses in order to pass it (took me two years to do them), and depanding on how well you do, you're either C1 (60% - 79%) or C2 (80% and higher). Anything below 60 % is a fail. In comparison to IELTS, C1 begins at 7 and ends at 8, which means that a passed CAE exam is anywhere between 8 and 8,5. Then again, CAE is divided between 5 categories (speaking, listening, writing, use of English, reading), and you get separate % from every single section. The mean score of all parts needs to be 60% or higher in order to pass it.

Is it hard? Honestly, I don't know. Done plenty of mock exams, plus had a lot of occasions to use English in practice. Speaking is the easiest tho.

@Nez Well, I live in central/eastern Europe, which means no fancy music televisions for me. Then again, our MTV's played music for 3 years more than the one across the ocean. Agreed on the album, although Love Over Gold is below it in my ranking. Just my opinion tho. Great choice of music, but I still cannot fully embrace Peter Gabriel. Even tho I like his solo songs, I just cannot get along with his Genesis years. Then again, never been too much into prog. Totally forgot about Money for nothing being the first CGI music video, thanks for reminding me. Wasn't it the same guy responsible for a-ha's Take on me and Billie Jean?

@oliver Thanks! Just wondering, is your avatar from a specific work? Every time I look at it, she reminds me a bit of Homura.

@adyatma16 Out of sheer curiosity, where are you from? Well, there are quite a few events in my country (thankfully the biggest ones are held in my city), but they never go past 5k visitors.

Personally, I'm just waiting until contemporary music and culture become oldschool, just to see how the newer generations will view it with nostalgia. Either that, or we'll end up like the second half of the 90s (not implying that there was no good music in that period, just the fact that this era.. isn't as much sought after as the early 90s etc.).

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 11:08AM

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

In 1981, the infamous sci-fi author Philip K. Dick wrote in his book VALIS "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane". It's worth noting tha he's been suffering from drug abuse, paranoia and schizophrenia.

Having read this, I still believe that he was full of crap. Nothing can prepare you for this, not even total madness.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich So I was right to think CAE goes for Cambrigde Advanced Exam, it seems to be popular in Eastern European countries. xD
Good luck to you and everyone of the "panda team" of hardworking pals - you can do it!
hah, and I'm waiting for my DELF results, they should be ready in a week, hopefully it's not a failure this time xD

Yup, those are pretty popular in here. It's quite logical actually - since most of the English teachers at schools are utter rubbish, the only way to display your level of English is by passing those Cambridge exams. Unfortunately, unlike German/Swedish/Norwegian etc. Slavic languages do not resemble English in any way, shape or form, which makes it much harder to get a decent gasp of. Thankfully, I was tutored by a native speaker, which is the only reason why my level of English is not crap.

Good luck with the DELF results! Funnily enough, I've never met a single person who's even attempted to pass it. As I've mentioned before, I've studied German for 3 years (no avail), Latin for 1,5 years (not enough time to get to know the language well), Russian for 4 years (I plan on continuing it and studying an additional language at the uni. Not sure which one, it all depands on the final results~

Switching the topics a bit, but how popular the interest of manga/anime/Japanese culture overall in your countries? I can safely say that it's almost non existant in Poland - bear in my mind that there ar ealmost 40 million people living inside of this country, so it's not the lack of population. Coming from a rather big city (800 000 people living inside of it, 12 million tourists a year, 8 million people living in the proximity of 100 km) and being rather extraverted I don't think I've befriended more than 2 people with such interests.
/Galich of the panda team checking out.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 8:55AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ Galich

ha ha yeah, it was also pretty hard for me to only pick 10 ^^
But I just can't list them all... I would spam this thread...

My friend, I really like your taste in music! From now on you are my favorite music person! Congrats! (^_^)b Whether you like it or not! ;P
It's pretty rare for me to find someone with a compatible taste in music...
Apart from two songs – I knew them all! Even got them on my computer! He he
Ahhh... this is great...
I just love the 80s sooo much!!! Well... I love a lot of things... But the 80s especially... Apart from the clothes and the hair, of course ;)

Did you play GTA Vice City by any chance? Vice City Stories?
If you haven't – you really should. It's old school by now but it was sooooo great driving through the city full of neon lights with the setting sun behind you and that music on the radio.... I wanna go back to 2002 now... Oh...

@Anon99 Glad to run into someone who has a music taste similar to mine. I can agree on the 80s part as well - always wanted to invent a time machine and move back to either the 20s or very very late 70s (so I could see all of 80s and how this entire thing unfolded).
Great music selection! Scored 14/16, all of those are on my mobile phone.
Yup, played all of GTA titles! Used to be a huge fan of the series, grinded all of GTAs from Vice City to IV a lot (don't have any hour counters to know the exact number, but it'd be probably be above 400 per game). Played a bit less GTA 3 and V, one was too recent for me to play it at a release, and the other.. well, it wasn't the game I was expecting. Anyway, I've learnt about quite a few artists this way, especially when it comes to Post Punk/New Wave.

So now we're talking 80's music? I lived that era, baby!

How you managed to skip Dexy's Midnight Runners and Yes' "Owner Of a Lonely Heart", I'm not quite sure. A glaring oversight indeed.

Well.. two things. One, I have no idea how both of those've been skipped in this thread. Thanks for fixing this thread. And two, I'm really jealous of that. I can only imagine that people who've lived in the 80s had no idea that it were to be the golden era for music. As for me, not only was I born in the 90s, but my country was behind the iron courtain at that time. On the bright side of things, I got to see MTV before it became.. whatever thing it is now airing on the TV with their name.

Here we go, then...
Men Without Hats - Pop Goes the World (bet you thought I'd pick Safety Dance, gotcha!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUUtf7gOe8

I knew that seeing Men Without Hats was a trap, but I fell for it nontheless. Trio was a German band as well. Another excellent list in this thread, I'm glad that I'm sticking around. I swear Nez, I don't think I've seen a single post of yours that I cannot disagree with, at the very least

D.O.A. with Jello Biafra (from the Dead Kennedys, at this time a spoken word artist) - Full Metal Jackoff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwX4YSor75k

Knowing Biafra mostly from DK, seeing his name still makes me feel a bit sour. Nothing against the track tho.

I know that Rammstein is weirdly popular in America and I was pretty surprised that one time I read some random person on the internet talk about Die Toten Hosen and how they were pretty succesfull internationally.

Funnily enough, I;ve mentioned Die Toten Hosen before in this thread. I got to know them from.. an American (I'm a Polish man myself, at the very least according to my ID). In spite of my 3 years of studying German, the only line from their songs that I know is "Hier kommt Alex". Switched to Russian as soon as I had the choice.

Dubstep though, right? Right? I mean, I think that's pretty new.
But yeah, the most revolutionary thing about music in recent years was basically Daft Punk making 70s songs again.

Sometimes I forget that Nena was like, an international thing.

Daft Punk's quite good, but IMHO their music varies in quality at times. Doesn't stop me from liking most of their songs tho. As for dubstep.. well, right about not it's not even considered to be a new genre anymore, most of people are becoming fed up with it. I know I'll probably be lynched for making this comparison, but I can imagine the situation being fairly similar in the middle 80s with new wave, when many people got tired of that genre. Vindicated by history nontheless.

Makes me recall the early electronica of the day. Kraftwerk, Jean-Michel Jarre, and Tomita particularly. And then artists like Yello and The Art of Noise who built upon that foundation to do really interesting stuff.

Yup, funnily enough I consider most of early electronica to be better to the stuff that was released later. Then again, you're talking to a person that cannot force themselves into listening to Joy Divison and listens to New Order on a daily basis, so my opinion might not be the most valuable.

@Galich Good luck with your exam results! I hope you get into your top choice.What is the CAE exam?

Thanks! The easiest way to explain what a CAE is is to explain what those letters stand for - Certificate in Advanced English. Basically, an internationally recognized exam by the British Council that checks if your level of English is above C1. Pretty much mandatory if you want to get a decent job in central/eastern Europe where I currently live. The nice thing about it is the fact that so many companies recognize it.

Time for a bit of music, since this thread's left me in need of linking music that I like.

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaqlW3Q3go

Speaking of MTV, the first song that was aired on it. Video's indeed killed the radio star.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

A-ha - Take on me - I think that everyone is familar with this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

Speaking of the 80s and the modern fascination with those times, I believe that this song is more than appropriate here. One of those love-it-or-hate-it, although mostly due to the fact it's been.. overused. Might be my weak spot due to the fact that I used to get called a redhead an awful lot and I still kind of do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

And even more Bowie. Gonna be really unoriginal here, but I consider The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust the best Bowie's album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLnPd7lzT4g

Posting Money for nothing without its riff should be considered a capital offense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwDDswGsJ60

Creedence Clearwater Revival - something a bit older. The 60s are not my favourite era of music, but this band's one of my exceptions. The song's obviously Green River.

Magnificent Seven by The Clash - second white rap record after Blondie's Rapture. Sandinista! was a really underrated album back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHL8efKKPE

Gosh, this post is slowly turning into a wall of text. I have this habit of replying to everyone in one post. Oh well.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 6:19AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@anon99 i haven't watch it yet since i dont watch any old anime

@galich we share same favorites! i want to drink and wear lab coat so badly haha , oh and i like nozomu-sensei sing in the last season too

Oh gosh, I've missed that comment, I'm sorry. I remember considering getting myself a labcoat having finished the series. I even found the right shop, but the prices were too high. On a positive note, I fell in love with Dr. Pepper and I always take a few bottles of it to anime convents with me.
SZS was a great series, really liked the black sense of humour, plus all of those songs were so darn addicting. I need to rewatch that series. Kafuka was such a great character! Let's pretend that the manga ending's never happened

@Galich
I'm a uni student. I'm dying inside too. I still have a few more final exams and presentations until next week. I'm now having black cycles around my eyes making me look just like a panda.

I can relate :P My friends keep telling me that I look like I've been beaten-up in a nearby shady alley. But hey, at the very least we can cosplay pandas with ease. Btw., wishing ya good luck on your finals and the presentations.

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 6:33PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yay! Another New Wave and Synthpop lover! Great! ~(‾▿‾~)(~‾▿‾)~

New Order is awesome!
I also love Blondie, The Human League and Depeche Mode!

I always preferred The Sex Pistols but The Clash is also great when it comes to classic Punk!
I just wish I could have been there back in the 1970s... (-̩-̩__-̩-̩)

Now tell me some of your favorite songs! Pretty please! (◦’ںˉ◦)

Oh and good luck with your results! I hope you aced your exams!
\m/ (>_<) \m/

Thanks! I like Sex Pistols as well, but I've been slowly growing out of punk as of recent. Dead Kennedys, The Ramones.. most of the punk bands became too monotonous for me taste as of late, Iggy Pop's one of the exceptions. I'm fond of older Depeche Mode, not too familiar with their newer works. Can't believe I forgot about Blondie, I was even listening to Heart of glass while writing that message. The Human League I'm not very familiar with - the few things that I've heard from them were very enjoyable, plus I really like Philip Oakey's vocals. The thing is, I've made the transition to focus on artists and not album compilations etc. a while ago, which means I have horrible lacks in quite a feq artists' audiographies.

Favourite songs? I'd have to make it a top 1000 list. Will shorten it to a few that come to my mind spontaneously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnGGkluWtrE Bizzare Love Triangle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYH8DsU2WCk Blue Monday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J66Zsu04HEw and Perfect Kiss by New Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMCLz5PQVw Mandatory Dave Bowie, although I want to list here many more of his songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5Zpmaz2OKE Alas, but for Dire Straits. Always fun to sing when playing Guitar Hero drunk with friends at a gaming pub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRFQVMJf5eI Well, it's Kate Bush. Nothing else needed to be said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ41hqlV0Kk Rod Stewart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rgepWg4rzw Something a bit slower. - recently "discovered" 10cc, but this was the song that has introduced me to the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT4d1LQy4es Don't know the rest of Allanah Myles' songs, but Black Velvet brings great nostalgia to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM Foreigner's also pretty high on my list. I believe this is "the" song when it comes to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vHvzybkqfo One of the best riff's to songs ever. London Calling by The Clash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiqx0MonOHU Not really a favourite one, but I feel like I need to throw this album up here, since The Rumjacks are underrated.

Honorary mentions go to The Alan Parsons Project, Billy Joel, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, The Doors, A Flock of Seagulls, Gary Numan, Genesis, Giorgio Moroder, Hall & Oates, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, The Police, Queens of the Stone Age, R.E.M, Scorpions,Toto and The Who - those are the artists that I have the most songs of on my mobile phone (had to check the artist list, hence this list being so messy/random). Besides Scorpions, Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen are the only German bands that come to my mind as of now.

Do you have a PSN or Steam account I could add you on? This extends to everyone else too~

If you're still up, feel free to add me on Steam (don't own any consoles tho).

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 4:25AM

Galich
Love Laika discussion 02 Jul 14:02
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

pplz keep up the puns. i bet i can handle it well

The number of posts in this thread and the amount of awful puns on Dynasty go hand in hand.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch07#44
What is she holding? A stun gun? At first I thought it was a balisong, but upon a closer inspection it looks more like one of those shock inducing person defense weapons.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well, since we're on the topic of music, I'm a fan of punk/new wave, rock ballads and pop-rock. Recently been addicted to New Order (I swear, the content of their song is much different to what their name suggests..) - as much as I appreciate Ian Curtis' talent, I'm not really found of Joy Division, although anything past 1990 is more of a mixed bag. When it comes to punk, I'm mostly found of The Clash (from London Calling to the rest of their albums save Cut the Crap).
Also, I'm not ashamed to say that I prefer Genesis under Phil Collins. Sorry Peter Gabriel.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

None of you guys has talked about school. Oh no, you did, but it all happened in the past. Are you guys not going to school anymore? Any uni student here?

Dunno about this thread itself, but as for me, I'm dying inside. A few more days till I get the results of my finals exams, and around 4 more days to apply for a uni (we don't have separate entry exams here), which's been making my life a hell on earth for almost two months. Hard time falling asleep, feeling exhausted in spite of sleeping 10 - 12 hours a day, mood swings and being unable to drop sleeping pills if you're as dumb as me - if you want any/all of those symptoms, don't worry, applying for a uni got you covered. Been neglecting reading for the past 4 months, which means I now have the time to catch up with my good ol' pal Dostoevsky. Oh, and then there's the CAE exam, of which results I'm yet to be given. I do hope that this rollercoster ride will be over as soon as possible.

For anyone wondering, I'm almost 21. And yes, I'm going straight to the uni, no breaks.

Switching to games, I usually stick to Western titles only, but I;ve found one on the last winter sale on Steam which I actually enjoy (granted, this is one of those scenarios of "buy while drunk, play while very drunk) - Koi - Koi Cards for -90% on Steam (1 Euro). Having played more than 4 hours of that game, I still don't get it fully.

last edited at Jul 2, 2016 12:26PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I've meditated a lot in this story and I have a theory of my own...
Trying not to be as literal and taking into considerations several factors that are revealed to us...

First of all, she mentions the reason behind her popularity. It would be innecesary information if the story was just about bunny-chans getting eaten by a nervous wild tiger-chan. I think the message in the first one is pretty clear: She is popular because of her hair color, several girls have confesed to her, she gets so nervous and so happy she moves to fast and shows how serious she is... which... scares the fans... who were only attracted to her blonde hair (the rumored girls in just a phase and not in love).

So now the second one and it's title have a lot more of sense. Since she has found no love over her several confesions, but disapearing bunnies when revealed she is serious, she starts giving up on love. Then she gets confesed by the ultimate Bunny-chan when she is sick, thus avoiding her to rush into things... so they begin their relationship nice and slowly.

Then Bunny-chan gets 'agressive' and that gets Tiger-chan a little overwhelmed... So she finally understands a little how the other girls felt being on the receiving end. That's why she gets an idea of why everyone around her disappeared. She states how she gotta restrain herself because she is still afraid to mess things up, but she found it in her (after finding a cute junior that is truly in love with her) to believe in love <3

I want to believe this~
I believe this.
I believe this?
AHH NO SHE ATE ALL OF THOSE POOR BUNNIES
I'm so sorry ;_;
Also, looking at Greenteaneko's works I'm thankful that I have a list named "Different". This one fits the bill perfectly.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Reading VA11-HALLA when it doe- and it crashed again, man, cyberpunk technology sure is close to our real thing!

It's actually pretty good, but the dialogue seems to go overly crude at the second half of the game. The music's great tho. Also, dem Jill's pigtails. I remember waiting for that game forever.

last edited at Jul 1, 2016 4:01AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Sometimes I forget that my 200 registered Steam games aren't actually all that many in the whole scheme of things.

And I get called for owning only 70 games.. Looking at how little people mention new games in thread makes me realize that 99% of my go-to gaming buddies are long gone from Steam. Either I'm getting old, or most modern games are dropping in quality. Not trying to bash modern stuff here, but I've found myself not giving a toss about any recent titles, and judging by what I read on the 'Net, I'm not the only one. Then again, it's mostly loud majority and AAA titles have more sales than ever. I can't be the only one in long phase of gaming stagnation, right? Then again, I've never really got into smaller titles, which might explain my jadedness.

TL;DR Rambling from someone who has no gaming buddies. So, any games upcoming you're excited for? Also, how's the new Hitman game?

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 3:35PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

We didn't like L4D2 just dumped hordes on you almost all the time. There wasn't enough downtime.Also hated having the melee stamina in coop. It is fine for versus but for coop it was annoying in conjunction with all the hordes. That was probably the big one.We played so much L4D that we just ended up screwing around all the time on easy and medium after we were done with expert. L4D2 just couldn't hook us and these little changes made us feel like the game was built for versus inmind this time while L4D was built with versus as an afterthought and the focus was on the 4 player coop.

If you haven't played XCOM 2012, the Complete Pack is $10 on Steam right now and you can always refund it if it doesn't do it for you.

Well, I'm about to be 9,61€ poorer. Oh well, I guess that it's gonna be better value for money and longer standing than a few packages of cigarettes that I would've otherwise bought with that money. Cheers for the heads up!

Reminds me how I've tried Killing Floor 2 on the free weekend. The word "disappointment" doesn't fully cover my feelings towards that game.

On a side note, your 687 games registered on Steam make me feel inadequate.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 12:04PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I was hoping for Battlefield 2143 but since that's not happening.... I don't know if I will get BF1.

I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't like the new Doom. They all love it and think it's great. I think it does what it set out to do, but it doesn't hit "what is Doom?" to me.

Never liked Left 4 Dead 2. Absolutely loved the original and put in a lot of time in that, but all the changes in 2 weren't to my groups liking.

Personally, I've been itching for more good CRPGs. Started playing Fallout New Vegas again since Fallout 4 completely threw away any Role Playing.

It pains me to say it, but I've spent more time playing Love Live School Idol Festival than anything else in the last 6 months. Second would have been XCOM 2, which I put in a lot of time into. I absolutely love Turn Based Tactics games, but alas there are only a few like the X-Com and Jagged Alliance games.

Just wondering, what kind of changes you didn't like in L4D2? I haven't played the original, so I cannot really compare. All I know is that 1. it had an extra survival map and 2. you can see your own legs. Then again,
Heard that the new XCOM is good, but honest to goodness I;m just scared of getting new games. Not trying to being negative here, but for the past ~3 years it's been mostly uninspiring stuff or just flat out tat.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

As for video games, I'm not a huge gamer at all. But the games I do play, I play constantly. I am an avid Dark Souls (1,2,&3) player as well as Bloodborne. I love ingenuity and combat from those games. The game Catherine is ranked pretty high for me because I love the story, the questions, the sheep, and the puzzles! I also love little RPG-Maker games such as The Crooked Man or Always Sometimes Monsters. My problem with a lot of games is that I've heard of the titles but I just haven't played them D: Oh, and Binding of Issac is super fun because of the synergies and each run is different.

Do you have a PSN or Steam account I could add you on? This extends to everyone else too~

All I have is a Steam account (don't have any consoles). Also, huge respect for grinding Binding of Isaac, I would've died after playing it for more than a few minutes.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I can agree on Wolfenstein: TNO being the most FPS that was actually fun. I was considering getting myself Doom, but judging from what people are saying, I'll pass on it, even during the summer sale. The only shooter that I'm really looking forward to is the new Deus Ex game (I'm a huge fan of the entire series, even played through that godawful The Fall), but judging by the recent quality of games I'm becoming more and more worried.
I used to like games like Battlefield, but after the first DLC for BF3 I've been slowly drifting towards Left 4 Dead 2 and strategy games.
Anyone else on Dynasty has played the new Hearts of Iron game? (can't believe I'm saying this, oh well) I cannot be the only one who feels like that game was published unfinished.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Alrighty, thanks for the answer. Guess I'm gonna reconsider buying it after getting over the fact how Hearts of Iron IV turned out to be such an unfinished game.

It doesn't have the amount of content as other FPS games, but if you want a new TF2, I think it is solid there.

I originally wasn't going to get it because I thought it was going to be very MOBAy, and Dota 2 is the only Dota style game I want to play, but it turned out to be just a derivative of TF2.

I don't want to discourage you just because the Loot system is ass, but the game is still good. Blizzard took a strong foundation in TF2 and put their own twist on it and sprinkled in some ideas to make it interesting for 6v6.

Just one more question: is playing with randoms a viable option? For a while I've been unable to get a group of people to play a shooter with me. The fact that I'm rapidly losing interest in FPS doesn't help.

Galich
O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

The only title that I saw a similar thing on was Prism, and it wasn't a good thing. Then again, there's a huge difference between simply tracing and copying your own photos into the work.
On a side note, did you see that TV show in a public television? Got me curious, since where I live (central Europe) you'd never see a documentary on such topic.