Forum › Posts by Koveras

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What ever happened to this manga?
It's been a while since it was updated

It ended at chapter 45, with the remaining translations available on other sites. The legal wife wins in the end.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

this was my favorite part of this chapter

Wholly agreed! The selfie stick held like a hammer is just... *chef kiss*.

last edited at Jan 8, 2022 3:56AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Crap, I didn't even realize this manga was finished because the last chapter felt so much like just a volume finale, rather than a proper full story wrap-up. :-/

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Loving it so far. The older girl clearly has some trauma that she cared/loved her previous sister, but she died because of her or something and now she bullies all others, so she won't get attached again. To me it seems like we have nothing to worry and it'll be 100% gay (as if it wasn't already).

From the hints we've been given so far, her first sister must have been shot by vampire hunters.

interesting... the art style is kind of familiar hmmm

The way Emielle's friend is drawn on the first page really reminded me of Ise-san and Shima-san for some reason.

There seems to be a fair amount of series about vampires.

That's because vampires are helluva gay.

Koveras
Kill Switch discussion 05 Jan 08:36
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hwayeon is the real centerpiece of this story. Take her out of it, and it immediately turns into a wholesome College romance between a depressed tomboy and an adorkable biker girl.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter has pretty much confirmed my theory that whenever Elsa asks Yvonne for more "bullying", she actually demands her attention and puts it in the terms that the tsuntsun blockhead can interpret correctly.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

i just love how the slime just stays on everyone's head lol

Relaire just likes to...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...stay on top of things.

last edited at Jan 2, 2022 2:38AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just remember - choosing to ignore politics is in itself a political choice.
You cannot escape.

I also agree 100%, but a forum about women holding hands prolly isn't the place to go hardcore about political science. I am finding the conversation around this part of the story fun though, all things told.

I have actually quite a few of very enlightening conversations about in-depth political theory on this very forum, and this particular manga, while not especially historical, does set up its political conflicts as an important background to the romance. In fact, class struggle seems to be shaping up as Rei's overarching antagonist in this story, as it directly threatens her love interest, irrespective of her own ideological views.

last edited at Jan 1, 2022 3:41PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Honestly, I was surprised that some of the nobles even acknowledged that the common class both contributes taxes and that they could be educated. Seems like a pretty tame picture of aristocracy compared to real life; I would've assumed more of them to have Claire's attitude.

Oh, there have been a few nobles who sided with the French Revolution (see: Marquis de Lafayette, Count of Mirabeau), so it's not as unlikely as you think. Also, while the Christian churches generally supported incumbent monarchies, a lot of rank-and-file priests sided with the commoners or the working class (see: Claude Fauchet, Georgy Gapon).

The commoners have the number.

When their situation get desperate enough, they have nothing to lose.

You forgot to add "...but their chains". ;-)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

->A third character is introduced
Dynasty forum : "Is this polyamory ?"

-> A character is introduced
Shipping begins.

-> The leads don't have hardcore sex on the first three pages.
"Why is this tagged Yuri? Should I keep reading?"

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Zhang Guo is doing the Gendou thing with her glasses, which cannot be a good sign. -__-

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Not sure if freaking the fuck out or just modern interpretative dance...

As if there's a difference.

Well, people pay good money to see one.

And the other is taught in dance schools.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 9:37AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

How did she know her ring size?

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Hiyama knows all of her sizes by this point.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I keep being amazed at how good the writing in this manga is. The last arc was very Utena and Tres Magia heavy... so this chapter puts Utena in recovery mode and turns Tres Magia into the background to focus on Utena's girls who are suddenly given a bunch of free time to do whatever. Not only is this development perfectly logical in-story, it is also a very clever from the structural narrative aspect.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder if the teacher's disappearance was mentioned before by Ai san, I think she did briefly as an anecdote but I might be wrong.

Found it!

That was a long con, but dang if it didn't pay off.

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 2:41PM

Koveras
SHY discussion 21 Dec 07:59
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

okay buuuuuut who was Shy thinking of after “she couldn’t love any one person”? because that seemed like she was about to think of a person she loves and that seems like points leaning towards shy and iko

I am suspecting she was actually thinking about her sister there. My guess is that Teru has felt very neglected by her, and with what Nirvana told her, she was finally able to contextualize said neglect in her sister's superheroic attitudes, rather than some kind of irrational sense of failure on her own part.

Teru, sweetie, you should probably call up Unilord and confirm that their orders are legit. Because SUS AF.

I was actually really on the fence about how sus the new six are, but if Teru decides against contacting Unilord because the six advised her against using the transformers... then it would actually be quite sus.

Shy and Shine. Quite a pair of names.

Indeed. It's almost as if Teru picked up half of her sister's nom de guerre to symbolize that she sees herself as half as good, i.e. an inadequate successor.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Canaan doujin? Whats next noir?

I like the way you think. Why not bring on some El cazador de la bruja when we're at it~

All very fine choices!

So many people of culture in this thread. May I request some Madlax doujins, as well? :-)

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 7:43AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I mean, not quite. What she likes, at least based on what she's been thinking for now, is not bullying her, but rather seeing her happy. She's not (yet?) awakening to sadism, she's awakening to yuri.

This is definitely true, and while it's funny to imagine this manhua as a retelling of The Real Her there's very little evidence that Elsa is a real masochist and even less that Evie has a subconscious penchant for sadism. It's the system that's forcing them into those roles... and since they are falling in love with each other while at the same time having no choice but to engage in bullying games, it's only natural that some confusion arises.

I also don't think that Elsa and Yvonne are truly masochistic or sadistic: instead, their "bullying" is more of a timid exploration of intimacy. Elsa keeps saying the word "bullying", but what she actually means is, "Give me more of your attention, Yvonne!" At this point, the villainess system barely factors into their relationship IMO, since Yvonne is already hooked on Elsa and cannot leave her alone, and her "awakening" to "sadism" is actually more of a realization that she also enjoys interacting with Elsa, slightly confused by the term that both the system and the heroine have stubbornly used for said interactions.

Koveras
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Canaan? hmmm lights a cigar and sits in a rocking chair that's a name I haven't heard in a loooong time, kid

Aye, those were the better times. puffs a smoke ring

Alright, I know this anime is popular judging by the comments but I've never seen it cause I was not into yuri yet in early 2010s. Just want to ask is it yuri ?

Like, do the these girls end up dating each other in the anime or not ?

They're definitely not dating, nor kissing or having sex with each other, so if that's your expectation of Yuri, I'd say it's more of a Subtext or Yuri crush? Memory is hazy, however.

Also, I wouldn't say the anime was ever really "popular" -- it's more of a cult classic IMO. If it weren't associated with a 40/40 Famitsu game and with Kinoko Nasu before he offered his soul to kindle the flame of the Fate cash cow franchise, I doubt anyone would have really noticed it back in the day.

last edited at Dec 21, 2021 1:10AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This story shows occasional glimpses of promise, in between all the generic shounen tropes. The scene where Momo desperately tried to fix Menou's ribbon elicited some feels from me... but then I am a sucker for moments where people try to fix objects of sentimental value without the right skills, and in the end, their anguished efforts hold much more value than the object itself ever had.

last edited at Dec 20, 2021 5:45AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

yeah I suspected from page three that Koyuki was already terminally interested in someone unrelated since she was just on her phone and not listening to their fights

That was a good bit of foreshadowing, indeed.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It seems Sakurako is undergoing some kind of awakening.

I just want to know more about her family. Sure, they are rich, but there should be more going on there.

She has maids

Zanka

Koveras
Fake sweets discussion 18 Dec 16:24
Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The credit page took no prisoners.

Oh no, it did. Then it lined them up against the wall and shot them dead one by one, such savage...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And now Lan Sha is back, no worse for wear, and I have officially lost any track of this story. I will keep reading it for the pretty pictures, I guess. :-)