Forum › Posts by ColonalCat

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I like how everyone is saying "oh but its emi's fault too" yeah no. The kind of person that would go that far just to get attention is not the kind of person that can be helped, that and are we even sure when emi realized that blondy loved her? it could have been after blondy had started going to the extremes in which case there was no helping her.

Not sure if you're trying to defend your ideals or Jin-sensei at this point. I think it's more than obvious that both are in the wrong for this one, just two different but connected types of wrong.

To answer your question about certainty, no, we can't be certain when Emi found out about the blonde's feelings, but based on the information given she knew at sometime before the pregnancy occurred.

Even when people screw up like the blonde did, it's pretty clear and obvious that Emi could have embraced her and tried to at least give her a shot, but her coldness and lack of courage made her just jump ship and put them both in a very depressing state.

Let me put it to you this way...we know this author, and if she wanted to make Emi a heroine, she would have made it more obvious and called the story "Irrational Her".

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

common guys, just because someone stumbles, it doesn't mean they are lost forever.
Well, i didnt say that blonde hair girl is right all the way but the black one is kinda cruel. Well, I'm sorry for both of them.

No you are absolutely right that people make mistakes and it's not okay to not try to pull them back up. And Emi was not particularly completely innocent either...she didn't confess her feelings and make it easier on Mihashi. Tacking on, if she knew the entire time that Mihashi was in love and just took a bystander approach then she is just as much in the wrong for letting her fall into that trap than Mihashi is for taking it.

Plus, Mihashi already got what she deserved from all the backstabbing gossip going on at the office. Emi should have been more benevolent.

However that is the point of the story. Title: "Irrational US"

They are both irrational. They both screwed up.

However expecting this to be addressed in a oneshot is a bit too much. Should Jin-sensei decide to follow it up for a full-circle twoshot then this would be the best course of action. However the feel and point to this one is directed as it should.

last edited at Aug 28, 2014 11:59PM

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This was really good until the author tried to force a bunch of couples down your throat in vol 3......why the last volume too? I would've been okay if the couples started in vol 1 or 2 and we were then allowed to read on how their relationship would grow. Like Rie x Chiori.....was really out there. Made this whole series a mediocre read. Happy endings suck if they're forced. Angst is always good too. :-)

Well, Rie x Chiori was the only one that didn't have groundwork laid in volume 2. On the other hand, Touko x Akiho is the only one of the three that actually comes off as romantic.

Gray area people gray area. The author didn't give off Rie x Chiori as canon all of a sudden. Rie had reasons for her flare of affection towards Chirori, and Chiori is now gonna start looking in Rie's direction. It's not like they're dating all of a sudden.

Kirika x Miyuu actually seemed most romantic of the three. That one had a lot of hidden development since Volume 1 even so go back and pay attention if you can't see it.

Touko x Akiho seemed slightly odd to me...not really sure where Touko suddenly started looking in Akiho's direction but other than that it seems totally fine.

This was actually a very well done short manga.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Just be honest with your feelings. You can screw up mutual love by being an idiot. You dont have to go to the third baseman to catch your own fly ball

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

^ Not a fan of toys either but I mean to each their own.

I'm used to the noses form WIXOSS anyway so that's not much of a problem.

Story isn't too great but it's nice just to have some more happy angst-free yuri.

ColonalCat
Mama Mama discussion 26 Aug 12:19
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Good story, and I don't understand the whining. These two women have fallen in love and are making the best of their situation. It's not a perfect happiness, but happiness almost never is. The important thing is that they're together and sharing their lives as best they can.

The issue I take is one way or another they are cheating on their spouses, whether love is a factor in those relationships or not. It is true they are in love and making the most of the situation...but they continue to lead on their husbands and their kids and that in itself is not in any way okay.

Which in of itself is perhaps the point Amano was going for...as a sort of criticism of the concept of "marriage". Which I like and I think developing this point further deserves some attention and thought.

last edited at Aug 26, 2014 12:21PM

ColonalCat
Sumibanba discussion 26 Aug 00:12
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Freaking HanaBanba is so amazing in basically every way.

last edited at Aug 26, 2014 12:12AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Follow up to everyone's response:

What you all have mentioned is either mostly what I've thought, or just furthers my point to a stronger extent.

My main point was just that Asuna did some shitty things and the author dug herself into a situation that is incredibly difficult to get out of. Saving the dynamic of their relationship or at least keeping it from having a toxic impact on the story was going to be a helluva challenge. And she didn't exactly hit the ball out of the park.

It is fair to say that my comment about it being a looped plot whole was not properly explained so I will reinforce it to make it clearer. BY ITSELF what Fue did by breaking things off was not particularly wrong in of itself, and having closure to their relationship was also fine. It's everything that came before it that makes it not suitable. As explained the plot that developed between them and the encompassing plot of the whole story made this chapter very bitter...however it wasn't a total fallout and if anything she avoided an impossibly bad resolution. It was just slightly poor. Think of it like having toothpaste leftover in your mouth. It has a fresh feel and maybe some hint of mint or some other flavor...but the bitter and off-taste of the paste is simply not neglect-able.

Not hating this author or anyone's opinions on the story. Like I said, I (emphasis on I) dislike this story because of its poor and immature display of relationships. "Realistic" is not an excuse, because it honestly is farther from realism than an all-girls school setting leading to girlxgirl relationships is. And I'm sure we all know that realistic does not in any way equal good quality by itself.

It's totally fine if you liked the chapter, because honestly I did too...up until Fue ran away. That made me furious. And looking back on it now it makes sense for her to have ran away after being rejected by Asuna, even though Asuna does harbor feelings for Fue...and look another plot hole appeared.

Have no fear, I do not disrespect or dishonor any opinions expressed about this chapter. I just had to put my foot down because I can no longer call it a good story until/unless Sacchan and Ruki have an upcoming well-developed pace for their relationship.

EDIT: Clarifications STILL needed since I said a lot in this post:
-I'm not saying that relationships being complicated and shitty at points and straight-forward and amazing at others isn't realistic. I'm just saying that there is not a whole lot that is realistic about most of the dynamics of these relationships when you compare it to typical doujin style.
-Gonna reemphasize AGAIN for any skimmers...Fue didn't do the wrong thing. The author set her up to do what she did and that action itself was bad for the story.

last edited at Aug 26, 2014 12:07AM

ColonalCat
Image Comments 24 Aug 22:57
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

God I am loving all the uploads from this author.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 24 Aug 21:16
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Bebe_loves_cheese_by_flauschtraut-d756el1

^ That's the magic of Urobuchi writing. If you pay attention through that whole ordeal with Charlotte (the witch form) you will notice many interesting things.

And then Bebe came to be and then Nagisa-chan showed her true form and Mami was still okay with it. It's a pairing that has more potential and signs of good things to come than anything.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I'll be honest. Asuna may not be the greatest of people and she has problems to work out.

But I take major issue with the way they "broke up" this chapter. Fueko and Asuna genuinely still liked each other and after a genuine apology cry session there isn't anything stopping them from trying to work things out. I disagree with Sacchan's remark about Fue being an adult. She didn't do anything but continue to run from her problems in the end, EVEN IF SHE WORKED THEM OUT with Asuna she still scrambled after they made up. Fighting through those problems is what relationships are supposed to do.

I understand the aura and atmosphere this series is taking on, but I don't agree one bit with this last chapter. This series in general has portrayed relationships in an immature and inappropriate way and the saving grace that made it a good series and not just some angst-filled mediocrity was that people could still find a way to make things work, underneath it all; the bullshit, the character problems, etc. This last chapter shot down half of that. Maybe the author will recover and bring back part of its dignity later but it doesn't seem so to me.

I understand the concept of not being able to "complete one another" but things don't add up. Fue loved Asuna but didn't completely know her more...problematic side which is part of Asuna. But you can't completely be in love with someone unless you know all parts of them. However in the end she wanted to make things work and came to work things out. Which means she came to terms with it and still loved Asuna. But then she ran away from her love in the end. But then does that mean she really loved her? But she came back to help out Asuna which means she did. But...

Do you see where I'm going with this? A loop-styled plot hole that has no place existing as the conclusion to their story.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 23 Aug 01:02
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Cheese_by_flauschtraut-d756env

^ This +5000000 for so many reasons

ColonalCat
Mama Mama discussion 21 Aug 14:07
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I can't connect with how people say cheating of any kind is a sweet or nice thing when they're married.

It's very possible that maybe the "husbands" they talked about were just sperm donors or maybe they adopted the kids or something along those lines and those two just can't be together for some convoluted reason...but I mean...if it's what it looks like on paper (no pun intended) then this really is a bad ending.

EDIT: It is also possible that their husbands are completely (possibly abusive) douche nozzles as well. But one way or another they had to have 3 kids between them somehow...

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 10:34PM

ColonalCat
Image Comments 19 Aug 23:04
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Just remember that Sayaka liked Kyousuke pretty badly and you won't have to doubt Suzu anymore. I feel this ship gets developed more in the next arc anyway the first one just zeroed in on TokaHaru ChitaHitsu and strongly hinted IsukeHaruki and HanaBamba

ColonalCat
Citrus discussion 18 Aug 23:33
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

People take a chill pill. The fact you're pissed off at the end of this chapter is a sign that the manga is good, not bad.

TL;DR You can't just say Drama is successful and good if it illicit an emotion out of you. There's good drama and then there's bad drama , which netizens have been calling it "forced drama" recently. Although this also tricky because it has evolved into an umbrella term for "all things I don't like in a story".

Just gonna quote the tl;dr so as to not hog the comment section.

You raise a valid point but be wary that this is an ongoing story. In the entertainment business it is more than common to build up emotional hatred and discomfort towards a particular character, plot device, etc. and then utilize that to stimulate a better reaction out of the audience later on. Think of it as investing and cashing in, so to speak.

The problem with chapter-by-chapter and episode-by-episode styles of publication is that audiences don't know how to handle it when there hasn't been much clear evidence as to what possibilities the resolution might be.

There have been signs in this manga, and quite frankly based on the reaction feedback and what I see coming I think people will look back at this mini-Matsuri arc and realize this was necessary for later.

Of course Saburouta could totally screw everything up and take a worse path with this and not handle the building of emotion well...I won't discount that. At this stage I just highly doubt it.

TL;DR - Even what can appear to be what you labelled "bad drama" may not necessarily be as such. Don't let your emotions at the end of a chapter dictate your view of it. Just pin it aside until the next chapter and then take it back down to continue where you left off.

last edited at Aug 18, 2014 11:41PM

ColonalCat
Liar discussion 18 Aug 23:20
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I don't know a lot about Touhou so I have no idear what is considered canon and what isn't in this world when it comes to fine details...but this was a neat little story. The bonus turned it from angst ending to fluffy "bright sunrise in the distance" type of ending which I tend to prefer for oneshots.

Art was nice too. I'll keep my eye out for this author.

last edited at Aug 18, 2014 11:20PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Honoka is the most awesome character ever.

Tsubasa is even more awesome.

That's why this pairing is just full of so much win.

ColonalCat
Citrus discussion 12 Aug 23:41
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

People take a chill pill. The fact you're pissed off at the end of this chapter is a sign that the manga is good, not bad. It means it made the right involvement to make you emotionally invested enough to care about what happens.

It's like Citrus is SAO in yuri manga form. Popular title that people just seem to love to hate on and talk about "dropping" it every single chapter.

More beautiful art as always. Glad Mei is finally starting to look at herself and recognize her own feelings. On that note I'm glad the relationship is being developed at a legitimate pace.

Still waiting to see if we get anymore looks into the reasons behind Mei's sexual habits or if we're just gonna assume that one perverted teacher is the only reason...

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I dunno about any of these above comments. It just feels like pure sweet. Hokuto knew there was no hope in running away so she threw the dice on getting hit by a car to stay with Lily forever. Guess she rolled snake eyes.

ColonalCat
Fragtime discussion 30 Jul 09:04
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I sense a little too much doubt towards Murakami.

Look at it from her perspective. Moritani was only doing things with her in secret with this strange power and couldn't even keep a simple promise to let her know when she wanted to use it. It probably seemed from her perspective like Moritani saw her as a side fling since she couldn't talk to people.

We all know that's not the case by all the monologue we get from Moritani, but she also thought Murakami saw her as a side fling due to her lack of ability to communicate.

Honestly a super-embarrassing mutual moment in public out of the time-stop was what they both needed to know the other was serious. The mangaka just decided for it to be a pantsu-flash.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This is how I've always seen how Shaft will end this series should they make the obvious and smart decision to continue Madoka...Madoka remembers her past timelines eventually, Homura gets super worried that Madoka will leave her, and Madoka makes the ultimate decision that we all know she will make: whatever the outcome, she will stick with her friends and stay with Homura.

There's many ways to go about doing that and Akiyuki and Urobuchi will of course make it absolutely stunning.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

TsubaHono is the icebreaker ship that just makes all the other basicaly-cannon-even-if-not-explicitly-stated-as-cannon ships just fall into place. That and both the concept and the play-out of the ship is very comedically sweet and beautifully passionate at the same time. I was surprised that, of all the people to write a SFW something with this pairing, it was Ooshima lul.

Now we just need to wait for some content to come out that has Honoka reciprocating...that would be bliss

ColonalCat
Image Comments 02 Jul 03:48
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Honokaxtsubasaxkotori

Glad to see people finally appreciating this ship and noticing its steps toward cannon-ness...now if only most of its stuff wasn't grotesque NSFW...

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Just gonna leave this here. If anyone knows respond at any time.

The anime finished on somewhat of a final notice. So if someone knows whether the manga goes past that or not please let me know in some way.