Forum › Posts by Zormau

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

I totally squee'd while reading this chapter. It's so good that they're back. Time for another re-read!

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Guys. I'm absolutely thrilled to let you know that we (cyan steam) have officially picked this up. My favorite girls Hino and Kogu are back!

Love you all! <3

You're friggin heroes to me! Taking over the torch from Yuri Ichigo, I'm sad to see that they stopped/dropped it, but I'm just as happy to see you taking it over.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This is just an excuse for the author having an elbow glove fetish.

We do need more of that either way, so yes please.

joined Aug 29, 2019
joined Aug 29, 2019

I feel almost bad for Hinoka, since Tsukushi has no idea that they're already a couple.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Girl. You can't come during sex because your bf suck at it

I wanted to say "or maybe she's lesbian and can only come with girls" but... I don't want to be accused of hating on bisexuals... >_<

It's a possibility, but seeing as she's gotten herself a BF and seems to care about him, it doesn't seem to be the most likely explanation. I think it's just far more likely that he just sucks at it — lack of self-control in bed, lacking empathy, incapable of properly reading her body language, too focused on penetration and forgetting about "the important stuff", the list goes on. There's so many things us guys just can't know first hand...

joined Aug 29, 2019

OMG IT'S BACK! WOOHOOOOO!

I'm gonna have to re-read it, though, wasn't quite sure where exactly we are at in the story anymore when I read the new chapter. Loved that chapter, though.

@official release vs scan release
Yeah... I'm not convinced that the official TL will be able to hold a candle to the SAD one.

Zormau
Meteor Nout discussion 10 Aug 19:34
joined Aug 29, 2019

72 pages, quite the massive chapter.
I enjoyed every bit of it and now I am curious to see where the journey goes. Will it retain this feeling of greatness and vastness it imparted to me or will it become too slice-of-life-y?

joined Aug 29, 2019

She's so terrible, which is why this manga is so delicious.

only slept for eight hours

first world problems galore

joined Aug 29, 2019

the people complaining about this don't read tags I guess, just block the Bisexual tag (╥﹏╥)

Not wanted to be the party pooper here but isn't this considered netorare or one their subtags?

not necessarily because once the guy finds out he doesn't mind it ¯_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

But isn't it still NTR, even if he's on board with it? Not judging, just clearing the semantics.

Also:

bruh

most appropriate reaction to the comments section :D

last edited at Aug 10, 2021 10:08AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Once again, I've proven myself to be a big dum-dum for waiting this long to get on board of something great.

Hey, at least it's only been three days, glad to have you on board!

joined Aug 29, 2019

"Sorry to spring this on you... but my best friend has huge boobs."
I would never have noticed! /s

We're reaching Gay Panic levels that shouldn't be possible! They're so precious.

last edited at Aug 9, 2021 1:50PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Twintails go!

joined Aug 29, 2019

God I love Knight Heron credit pages.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Several people here have mentioned how this has got citrus vibes. I never read citrus but what things in common with citrus do you notice (i.e., the vibes the two share in common)? If it’s the sexually manipulative(?) Reiko, then I might sit out on this series. While I enjoy all kinds of yuri stories, my preference lies with wholesome romances, and this is basically as far away from that as possible.

I've only watched Citrus' anime adaptation, but it's pretty clear that there are some parallels. Both series have a gyaru and a prim and proper official (StuCo-President in Citrus, Public Morals Committee in Chasing Spica) as their leads, both Gyaru are actually rather motivated and high-performing and mainly use it as self-expression, both prim and proper officials (seem to?) have... issues regarding sexual incidents/activities in their private life, they clash pretty hard and are pretty much a "designated couple".

Edit: Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if "wholesome" is what we get by the end of the story, but you can be sure that it'll be a hot mess of high octane drama before that.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 12:10PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

she wants u instead ;)

Yeah, pages 3 and 4 make that pretty clear I think :D
Now how long you reckon it'll take for them to realize that things could be so every easy for them?

Also: that credits page is maybe just a little oversized at 3464x3464 px

joined Aug 29, 2019

i thought she was going to lick her leg, you know, because she's always saying she wants to lick her
and the ice cream, you know... on her leg...

i need to control my leg fetish

She totally did. That's my (headcanon) story and I'm sticking to it.

joined Aug 29, 2019

If this story is what we judge by, Yukiko is someone who knows irl the queer and lesbian scene in Japan pretty well, likely a lesbian herself.
It makes me ponder how many yuri mangaka are like her. Like in Yurihime and such magazines, anybody knows if they ever revealed numbers of how many of their authors are queer or gay women, how many are str8 women who are fans of fictional yuri, and how many are men?

Once upon a time, practically all yuri was eromanga produced by male authors for male readers. Only a few stories of mostly platonic/sisterly yuri were made by female (usually heterosexual) authors and published in magazines for women.
Things started changing when manga publishers found that there was a huge market for seriously romantic/sexual yuri in the female readership. There was a yuri boom, with new magazines like YuriHime devoting themselves exclusively to yuri. I think it was at this time that many queer, lesbian and bi women became popular yuri authors. I can't tell for sure, but I suspect that many female yuri fans were more partial to yuri that was written by women who had real-life experience of the subject.
Right now, the yuri boom is still going on and most authors are women. There are prominent male authors (like KT) but they are the minority. A good number of the women who make yuri manga today definitely lean towards lgbtq orientations, but as for an exact percentage I don't know if anyone has ever calculated it.

Well we do have at least some numbers on Yuri readership. I wouldn't be surprised if the distributions among artists and authors followed similar patterns: You create the works you'd like to see, and, to be a bit cheeky about it, isn't a love story just that much cuter if you actually find both (or all) parties involved attractive yourself? I find it a pretty reasonable assumption that straight men and gay women would create most Yuri while straight women and gay men would create most Yaoi... Or so it stands to reason.

Also, if such a basis in preference is assumed, it stands to reason that we might tend to see more "realistic" or "grounded" stories from people who basically live the experience they're writing about.

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 7:22PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh yes, more!

I like it, let's see what makes Little Miss Public Morals tick.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yukiko just doesn't ever seem to disappoint...
and I've not even read Futaribeya.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Create opening, exploit opening. We saw step one, I'm just gonna assume that droplet got removed in the best possible way.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I want to kiss her.

You misspelled lick.

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 8:32PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

First thought upon reading the chapter title: Ah, the pee chapter!

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

My personal preference is to create the equivalent of Trigger Warning (Read the first post in the forum thread) that includes all tags missing from a given work due to concerns over spoilers. In some cases, positive tags like Marriage have been left off of deserving work because this is a spoiler. In more neutral cases, tags like Incest or Cheating have been left off for fear of spoilers. This Missing tags tag would encompass all scenarios, and direct readers to some place (the final page, the first post of the forum, or maybe both) if they needed more information before reading. We could also fold what runrin did for Ponko into this implementation, as well.

What runrin did there has indeed been the best implementation of TW I've seen so far. Pointing the readers to the first thread post (with the respective Missing tags hidden below spoiler bars, I'd assume) also seems like a fantastic idea and easier to implement than "offloading" it onto the TL teams which may or may not get the memo.

Zormau
Call Me discussion 01 Aug 09:51
joined Aug 29, 2019

I think this, like most of sensei's work, was hilarious--"Operation Harass Mom: Failure."