Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On a side note, "we can't get married and can't have children if we were the same gender" That's still a thing somewhere?

Yes, it is still very much a thing in Japan.

Some get around it by adopting one into the family of the other so they can share the same name, or they can marry someone who's a citizen of a country that allows same-sex marriage (but not another Japanese person) and that marriage will be recognized. But that's it.

Oh, and no adoption or artificial insemination for same-sex couples, sorry.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of debating whether to pick up reading when it finally resumes. So far, it's got a habit of annoying me more every chapter, so there's sort of a car-wreck fascination going on.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unless maybe... it's Mayu's older brother...

There goes my day...

I'm pretty sure the gay dude isn't going to be that interested in Mika that way...

Nezchan Moderator
First L² discussion 12 Feb 11:51
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Reading this again, I'm pretty certain Hinoki actually does like her romantically. Given the response to the kiss and the whole eyes-meeting thing, it looks to me like "she said love only as a friend" thing is totally Anzu's assumption.

Nezchan Moderator
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 11:00
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well shit. Didn't know it was that bad to some degrees. (I'm on a another large international forum and you hear sometimes that vids don't work but never knew the details like that.) Thanks for the info.

So here is a pic of the two women in Tsukikage Ran. The other woman on the right is Meow (that's her real name).

That's only 2000? The art style looks older than that, especially that hair.

Nezchan Moderator
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 10:56
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, and can I say how much I love that Aria calls Earth "Manhome"?

Nezchan Moderator
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 10:55
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Haha that's exactly the same way I found out about YKK!! I read all of Aria and went looking for more and YKK was the obligatory next in line (since EEEEVERYONE kept mentioning it). Oh, yeah I totally teared up at the end of Aria as well. Have you seen the anime?

And now, I'm gonna have to reread it because I never got those vibes o0... And it's a bit melancholic but a great ending nonetheless.

Mh, I have the world's strongest yuri goggles, so maybe you should hold off on your enthusiasm. :P

Haven't seen the anime yet but plan on doing so when I don't know everything that happens anymore. I did love the ending though, the Cait Sith being her pen pal and Akari saying the exact same words to the new Undine that Alicia said to her... Again, I usually don't describe mangas as beautiful but Aria was genuinly exactly that.

Not much of a spoiler since you realize it from the start, but Cait Sith is not her pen pal in the anime. Ai (the new undine at the end who also appears in the extras) is her pen pal in that version.

I'll be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the animation in most of the Aria anime, although it got better in the third season. A lot of feet sliding on the ground when people walked, that sort of thing. The additional episodes that illuminated more of Aqua's past were interesting, although there were odd omissions like there no episode introducing Al, he's just...there already. Overall I'm glad I watched it though, because it's nice seeing this stuff come to life. And Alice is tremendously cute animated.

Nezchan Moderator
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 10:44
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I love those life appreciation/healing type series. I started it pretty much immediatly after Aria (which was

I also, already started watching Carried by the WInd: Tsukikage Ran on Hulu and I'm gonna probably end up pairing the two main girls together lol.

[Obligatory complaint that Hulu is US-only, dammit]

Really??! What country??

Well, someone was rude enough to answer a question directed at me, but yes, Canada. But it's not just Canada, it's everyone outside the US. Same applies to Pandora Radio and a lot of YouTube videos and stuff like Colbert Report, Daily Show, etc. It's always a pain when someone links to a 3-minute clip, but you're stuck going through the whole episode on Comedy Channel (our equivalent station who rebroadcasts it) to find the same segment.

Nezchan Moderator
Yuri Pairings! 12 Feb 09:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I also, already started watching Carried by the WInd: Tsukikage Ran on Hulu and I'm gonna probably end up pairing the two main girls together lol.

[Obligatory complaint that Hulu is US-only, dammit]

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i like this, that last page had me scared for a while though. i thought Yuma was actually going to just think of the kiss as an overly friendly apology, thankfully though that wasnt the case....? well i am going to think of it that way regardless :P

I refuse to see it that way. Though Yuma does make it fairly clear she was fully aware of Madoka's feelings the entire time anyways so it would be kinda unrealistic for her to somehow not take it that way.

And even if she thought that way after the first kiss, it's pretty unlikely she would after the second.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I've never understood why they need that bridge. Everyone can fly.

My reading is that only those with a sufficiient power level can fly (or for fairies, Mystia, etc. it's their nature). So most of the oni wouldn't have that ability.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Okay, enough is enough. Further argument about halmoni's position will be deleted without notice. This isn't a forum for being shitty to scanlation groups, as the rules clearly state.

Further, we really don't need to continue this. The last word has been said. The arguing stops here.

Please continue with loving this manhwa.

last edited at Feb 11, 2015 10:23PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love this because I love BDSM and I love perverted lesbian characters - so this manga seems awesome so far. I also don't mind traps if they don't end up with main characters. I quite enjoyed the trap from Sasameki Koto and I really pitied him in the end. :D

Did u read the rest of Sasameki Koto...cause he got a happy ending for sure lol

I've read it all and I don't think that part when all of his fans saw his dick can count as the happy ending. :D Also being sexually harrased by his own sister doesn't sound so great. :D But maybe I have forgotten something, I read it long time ago, so I mostly remember the main story. :D

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sasameki_koto_ch53#29

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Basically what happened was that a user from dynasty reported our actions to an author we were interested in working on scanlating, as well as to their publisher's site. So one project was ended prematurely (A Pet's Aesthetic), and another was ended before we could even consider starting on it (What Does the Fox Say).

Going to an author, like, whatever, I kinda get that. It's their work. But who the hell snitches to a money grubbing corporation like a publisher? That makes no sense to me.

That's pretty harsh. Somehow I don't think the publisher in this case is like, Rupert Murdoch or something. They're just a publisher, a normal sort of business.

Nezchan Moderator
She-wolf discussion 11 Feb 16:46
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Though I do hear that a transgender's sexual preference can sometimes change during their transition between sexes, I think that is the only exception, and they have no control over that.

I think it may be less changing so much as allowing yourself to see options that were previously resisted. Sexuality can be fluid to some degree though, and social conditioning plays a part in that. So it may have something to do with the changing social point of view, so to speak.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Heart . . . Morinaga Milk always gives us what we want, warm gooshy romance with a deliriously happy ending. But part of why it works is that to read her is to be convinced she wants it too. She's not just cynically pursuing readership--she loves the yuri, she loves the girls, she believes in them, she wants them to be happy, so that's what she writes and we can all love it together.

Well, she doesn't always want them to be happy. She did say that she'd considered having Mari and Akko separate at the end since she likes dramatic endings.

Nezchan Moderator
She-wolf discussion 11 Feb 10:23
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Never gonna be a fan of the "I'm a lesbian because of trauma", not gonna lie. The rest is great and I love it, but I always cringe at that bit.

*Late Reply to your post but...

I agree. I always cringe as well but in another chapter it has some pretty good dialogue that I don't think I've come across a lot: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/first_kiss_part_a#9

There's a little bit of similar dialogue in Adorable To Me, but I agree it's still pretty rare.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just a personal note of support here for halmoni and /u/, thank you for all you've done so far. I for one am very grateful for being able to read this work, and hopefully opening the door to more work from countries outside Japan.

I'm certain that I am not alone in thanking you both personally and collectively for this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One trick would simple be to not refer to the manga when posting the translation, and to keep the latter in a text form, with your personal touch and comments inside, without ever touching the raws.

If links show up here to unfinished scans, I will be deleting them.

Nezchan Moderator
forum survey 10 Feb 22:26
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Reflecting on this, I think it might not be a good idea to be sending people off to give information to someone not associated with running the site. No offense.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm kinda nominally bi/pan, in that I've gone out with a couple of really special guys in the past and I wouldn't kick Idris Elba out of bed. But my preference in practice is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over to the girl side.

Nezchan Moderator
The Flower discussion 10 Feb 14:58
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Frankly, I don't see why it should be demeaning.

For one, trap is used on pretty specific contexts (mainly when talking about fiction) that rarely refer to people who fully identify as transgender and what is more, they never refer to transgendered women.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh wait, you're serious. I guess you haven't seen it used as an insult against trans women online. It's not rare, by any means.

I could believe some transgendered women feel offended by the "reverse trap" term but even then, it seems somewhat of a stretch

I'm pretty sure trans women will manage without you deciding what's insulting for them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The idea that Morinaga Milk, of all people, would push the Lesbian Until Graduation idea is pretty silly. Isn't she queer herself, long after high school?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kind of a letdown, really. By the numbers tsundere/clueless stuff with no payoff in the end.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 09 Feb 18:17
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why, I'm glad you asked!

More specifically, you place a pair of = signs at either end of the text you want hidden. Hit quote on koneko's comment there for an example.