Forum › Posts by Altair

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Well, you know... if you had a kid, there probably wouldn't be any more sleeping until noon on Sunday...

I feel like the reader is supposed to judge the dude pretty harshly here, unless this is normal to some degree in Japan. 36 and still sleeping in until noon? Even among me and my other single friends, this behavior died out in our early 20s. I mean, unless you really hit the club. But working a standard day job in a long term relationship? I assume a Japanese readership would find it even more odd

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 3:03AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

As for translation stuff. I'm just happy I get to read stuff at all. Never gonna complain no matter how much you scanlators might want me too!

You mean there are people who complain? How odd.

Seconded. It's unreal how far above and beyond Ranka's translations are from most others in the scene. Scanlation tends to lean towards mass readability for multinational audiences, which often flattens speech and voice. It's always fun when a scanlator takes on interpretation at a wider level. I mean, you don't even get that with Yen Press.

every single day, i really, REALLY wish i'd never translated the original oneshot

Hah! You gave us exactly what the Japanese readers got, so the reading experience should be comparably excruciating. Well, the ones who had access to the oneshot at least.

last edited at Jul 10, 2019 12:02AM

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 09 Jul 20:33
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
D9l1yjtxkaa5rc5-orig

You're probably right, Aki lives that power bottom life

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 8:33PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Doing Ophelia next... this could get dark! Or maybe it will just be like Thom Yorke in the No Surprises music video?

They already did that Millais painting in Claymore, but without the yuri. I'm excited for it nonetheless.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 12:56AM

Altair Uploader
Double Bind discussion 07 Jul 00:47
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

...ouch?

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Ummm why was the picture smashed at the end did she do it or her GF hmm

I got the feeling the picture was damaged earlier after it fell over and Rii set it back up when visiting. If it was just smashed, why would it still be standing?

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 26 Jun 02:19
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Mmstgmkl%20(1)

Bojack, I would pay all the money to read yuri written by akira kurosawa

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I really hope someone translates Itou Hachi's story in this anthropology

Squiggles is planning on tackling the whole anthology, so it'll be done fairly soon I imagine. Hell, it's probably already translated and just awaiting editing

Altair Uploader
Citrus + discussion 19 Jun 23:10
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Lmao the business plan was all over the place and didn't make a lick of sense

"Bitch you want businesses? I run businesses. I'm the most successful business runner you've ever seen. Look at all my companies. We should instill a new value organization system. I run like 30 companies. Supreme executive power should be limited and come from a mandate of the people. This is totally relevant to operating a school."

Yeah i have no idea what it was laying out. It sounded like they were employing a lot of cloak and dagger proposal tactics with vague references to events I seem to be missing ending in a big "we got ya, suckers!" sort of reveal.

So... they're doing away with the strict dress code? And this is a monumental, subversive change which the highest levels of school administration have to be involved in? It really, really sounded like Saburouta doesn't have a handle on how to make a believable executive business meeting scene. It reminds me of that commercial where there are a bunch of office executives in a meeting room, but all their dialogue is voiced by children.

Like, who were the stakeholders and what were their aims? Why wasn't the board okay with passing on the school chairman position to someone else? Why is it even a big deal if they're ok with just throwing it to that one dude? And holy hell how much money does this school take in? The air of that meeting was one of a large company going after big business prospects. Is it part of a larger, for-profit school network? Or more equivalent to a university here in the US, making it a huge business endeavor? Or is the academy this insidious cultural engine, controlling the students and molding them into the perfect wives which these old dudes are all about maintaining?

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 11:28PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I find it extremely hard to believe that the invention of the smartphone would cause people to STOP fighting.

why not?

Well, they (and, for this manga, Hollywood) haven't stopped the fighting, active militaries, or global conflicts in any of the countries in our world.

That and my country, the US, tore itself in half using smartphones during our last presidential election. Considering the rise in reactions to "political correctness" alongside the rise in moral policing, I'd say smartphones are more a tool to increase fighting. And, for that matter, the proliferation of yuri...

But, this series is setting itself up to be something fun!

last edited at Jun 19, 2019 10:08PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Sword. Get. Longer!

Altair Uploader
Liberty discussion 15 Jun 08:47
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If only there weren't the emotionally abusive aspect, it might fall into the "so bad it's funny" camp.

Depending on how the next few chapters shake out, this version of the story can still turn out to be true

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Those pikachu pedometers were the greatest! We need another comeback! (A third comeback? After the gen 2 and gen 4 pedometers)

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

All three are fantastic and attempt to capture the change in how Japanese culture and institutions view gay people in the previous era and as the era turns. Read them all. Top yuri.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Three bottles of coke a day
oh no she's turning American

Japanese coke probably isn't filled with nearly as much sugar

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This be a shinova doujin
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/shinoba

Long live YukaReimu

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 12:17AM

Altair Uploader
Still Sick discussion 03 Jun 22:25
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

As a web developer, seeing debugging stuff in yuri manga makes me feel weird and happy at the same time.

as a programmer, me too and her advice was not bad.

As a tester, it made me sigh at the developer mindset toward quality and testing. Spot on, though. Also weird and happy feeling. Like in Now Loading...

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 10:28PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

That seems to be her kid in the photo, I'm thinking. Telling the other girl to brush her teeth and then checking them, total mom move. Seems likely to be a former husband too, or why wouldn't they talk about that time

Altair Uploader
F.U.S.S.A discussion 27 May 21:03
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

But so what does the title stand for?

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Don’t tell me there’s more...
There’s only so much I can candle

You've worked hard to earn that username.

That's close Koveras. The guy died in the car crash which was a result of the detective, the payment was his remaining lifespan before interference only that length was taken from the client, which was not much.

We aren't sure how or why the man killed the girl

last edited at May 27, 2019 4:18AM

Altair Uploader
Lemonade discussion 26 May 12:46
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This was a lot of fun, but I've never seen a yuri story try so hard to fail the bechdel test before. It's like every scene that didn't have keita in it was about him instead. Is this what viewers of het rom coms go through every time?

last edited at May 26, 2019 12:47PM

Altair Uploader
Image Comments 26 May 01:01
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016
Dyibgx2x0aa1c2b-orig

Bah, title 9 says you can totally sleep with your students, it's just cautioned against

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The website is part of a larger, reputable publisher, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. I haven't bought anything yet, so I don't know how much you get. Probably around 20 to 30 pages? It doesn't appear to be a reader, so maybe you get digital versions, unless accounts with purchases have some setups

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Wait, Tadokoro is licensed?

Yes indeed, someone pointed me to a new yuri publisher who works with Tastubon and Momono Moto, Lilyka.com. Tadokoro is on there

Lilyka.com doesn't take me to a legitimate website. Are you sure that's it?

I am dead wrong, one second I'll update my post

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Wait, Tadokoro is licensed?

Yes indeed, someone pointed me to a new yuri publisher who works with Tastubon and Momono Moto, Lilykamanga.com. Tadokoro is on there

last edited at May 25, 2019 10:57AM