Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I love everything about this manga, but I think the facial expressions are my favorite part. I'm not sure if the translations or the likely plot take second, but they're both amazing.

besides half the characters in "happy end" romance stories probably broke up off-camera eventually after their series ended anyway
people change, feelings change, people move on, etc etc etc

NO! NO! NO! THEY MOVE IN TOGETHER, GET HERS AND HERS TOWELS! THEN ADOPT A COUPLE OF CATS, NAMED SIR FLUFFY BOTTOM, AND MADAM BLACK SOX! THEY LIVE HAPPILY UNTIL A RIPE OLD AGE, WHERE THEY DIE PEACEFULLY IN THEIR SLEEP KNOWING THEY SPENT A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE WITH THEIR ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE! THE END! They leave that crappy real life drama and angst stuff, to bittersweet one shots, and country and western music.

You know, my life would've been a lot less miserable if I DIDN'T convince my 14-year old self that this is how the world works and that failure to meet that standard makes you a failure as a person.

Just sayin'.

I watch all the teen drama series, and movies, that show the girl falling in love with the broken "bad boy", and wonder how many women's lives are ruined, because they were taught, your love can fix them.

Also the whole love at first sight/suddenly head over heals thing.

I'm actually quite happy their likely to split up over the course of this series (and I'll be even happier if it follows them into their next relationships). They both have a lot of, probably, unhealthy ideas about love and didn't really get together for the most stable of reasons. That's going to reflect a lot of real life relationships and actually showing the flaws with that approach and how to handle it responsibly is a really good thing that doesn't come up often.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Kasumi, take your wife out on a date occasionally.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Sep 01:42
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
48677035_p0

Ok, these characters look awesome, but the comments and tags have me a bit confused. Are they from something else?

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Sep 01:32
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dl6qg1muuaeohyx-orig

Are there any lines between the different versions of Scathatch? I feel like the normal versions should have a problem with Skadi.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Was Emperor Penguin really being clueless, or was this all a prank as punishment for Royal Penguin's prank?
1> > Season two was announced by the way

https://old.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/9cbnop/kemono_friends_confirms_2nd_tv_anime/?ref=share&ref_source=link
Too bad it's going to be a shitstorm because of Kadokawa.

To think the greedy morrons at Kadokawa had the nerve to try and make a second season after publicly gutting the golden goose that created it and then wiping their asses with the public opinion of the production and their company.

I didn't follow the series. What did they do?

Omega Deuse
Lily Marble discussion 01 Sep 03:20
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Rape!

There's no proof that Aya didn't initiate things. It's very clear that they had too much to drink and, when Risa put her to bed, she was fully clothed. Assuming she stayed true to her word and didn't make a move on her, that means that Aya is the one who made a move... (OR Risa pulled a technicality out of her hat and as soon as the clock ticked past midnight it was no longer "today" and she made her move...)

Yes, she was drunk, but so was Risa. It's also not entirely clear that they did anything other than sleep... (naked)

Rape is too strong of a word, more like taking advantage of her.

But why would you go to a hotel to just sleep naked? Of course they could have been to drunk to go home, but...

Anyway there is no proof that they did something. It is heavily implied though, imo. I'd say time will have to tell what kind of person Aya is. If she would break her promise and technically take advantage of her or not.

Even if they both drank, It's very clear that Risa was nowhere near as drunk as Aya and that she expected Aya to get to that point. This is also reinforced by Aya saying she let her guard down when she woke up and saw what happened.

It's possible they didn't actually have sex, but it's not like getting naked with someone else and going to sleep with them is much better.

Honestly, overall, the environment in that gym seems more than a little unhealthy.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 01 Sep 02:14
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dkwf4diuuaat3cs-orig

Wasn't that spat somewhat mutual?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am really looking forward to this and I really don't think people should view the one shot as having a bad end.

Sure, they didn't get together in the end, but the idea that true love means you need to have your happily ever after with the first person you get together with and if their are any problems then it was never love andeverything's terrible needs to die in a fire.

Yes, in the one-shot they got together and eventually broke up. But the one-shot isn't about immediately finding true love. It's about two girls who are leaving home for the first time and just beginning to really explore their sexuality. That means they are going to make mistakes and start relationships they don't really understand. What a lot of romances don't really touch on, and what the one shot handled well, was what you do after one of those first few romances that don't actually go anywhere. In this case, we saw that it doesn't have to end in a fight or enemies. They realized they were better as friends, so they stayed friends and started supporting each other in moving on to their next relationship. I think that's actually a very, very, good end. Especially if a longer series might mean we get to see those next relationships.

tl;dr: It's not a story about heart break. It's a story about growth and we need more of those.

Also, if nothing else, this manga gave us the phrase "platonic form of tiddy"

last edited at Aug 31, 2018 1:23PM

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The credits page was the absolute best.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

OHHHH.

a loooot of things just fell into place. I don't know how anybody is gonna look at -this- chapter and say things aren't moving. Look, if you're in it to see them fuck, just go the hell away, this isn't for you. If you're here for the story, there were a lot of bombshells dropped in this episode. We just pretty much found out what's up with EVERYBODY's issues.

Kaoru's mom died, and Uta's mom, her doctor, who knew her personally, (old friends? Lovers? Next door neighbors? Who knows at this point,) apparently got blamed for it professionally, lost her license to practice medicine, and skipped the country for five years to start over abroad. Uta's parents split up over it, and Uta went to live with her dad, but couldn't deal with him (probably because he was reeling from the whole thing himself) and so she came to live with her brother and his wife. Reiichi married Kaoru because he feels like it's his duty to look after her after his mom was apparently responsible for Kaoru's mom passing, so he put aside his actual feelings for Risako, who now resents the whole situation.

Also it's now confirmed that yes, there was a confession. Honestly, coming back to this topic after so long, I was surprised to see there was so much contention on this. I guess it's because I had already made the assumption that if we came back to a jump forward instead of the cliffhanger scene itself, that meant Uta had confessed, but I thought the manga was pretty clear on that front. But now we know for sure. Uta confessed, Kaoru smiled and blew it off, and probably lapsed straight into denial the same way she did with Reiichi's cheating.

"Oh, she must mean that she loves me as a sister. I'm going to ignore that she was just telling me about her romantic love for a married person. I must be misunderstanding something. I wonder if she likes her teacher, or somebody from work? Or...Oh, fuck, who am I kidding. My husband is banging my best friend and my sister-in-law is in love with me. Oh, hi, mom-in-law that apparently killed my mother via medical malpractice. Good timing."

The mother's line about Uta stabbing her in the back a few times was also interesting. It seems like there's more to that then we've seen.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 Jul 09:33
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Dabkmtiuwaa7zko-orig

At that point, it's not armor. The grieves and gauntlets are just there as weapons.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 21 Jul 21:03
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Train

Color-LES! This artist should become a national treasure. Mage and Demon Queen is so goddamn perfect!

Is that something more than just the Gudako X Carmilla things on here? Because it sounds interesting.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 16 Jul 01:34
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Casual

I read the tags, but for some reason I interpreted that as Reimu and Marissa until I got to the comments. ...

Any ways, I'm going to need the rest of the cast done in this style.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yeah, I guess we can project our happy endings on to it. I dunno if Perfect Girl really wants Closet Sadist Girl as much as she thinks she does, though.

Well, there is a manga for that on here.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 03 Jul 02:48
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_p858enlwhy1rak1lco1_raw

I can't believe there isn't more Nana x Nana (from "Nana") fanart!

I suspect it's due to how the series ended. I know that put some groups off translating it.

last edited at Jul 3, 2018 2:50AM

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 03 Jul 02:44
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_pb2d5kqb8c1vuopd7o1_raw

So, D.Va's the playgirl of overwatch at this point, right? She gets shipped with basically everyone that's not hog or one of the omnics.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 20 Jun 22:32
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

^ You know what is sad? I don't doubt they would really do that lmao

Nah. That would take long term planning. Most corporations would just task the kouhai with working for the short-term gains.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

She didn't notice the glass wall even after sobering up? ...

Yeah. I'm not buying it. Sober-girls denser than a harem protagonist.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Man, I love the art in this series. It's awesome, even with the melancholy air that seems to be lurking in the corners.

Going by the flashbacks, my guess is they were separated for a while and Konoko got into a relationship with someone else that ended very badly. That or she has/had a very disapproving family member.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 08 Jun 13:20
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
60579769_p0

Wait, this isn't a picture of Nanoha and Vivio?

Omega Deuse
Candy Moon discussion 05 Jun 19:18
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

With how explicitly and consistently Thea was against it, this was way to rapey for my taste. The fact that Tio payed literally no care to her feelings on the matter, all while claiming to love her, did not help things.

I'm not really getting into this. Sadist-Masochist pairs are fine but I really don't like pairs where a Sadist is paired with someone who obviously don't enjoy abuse plays, especially if the non-masochist couldn't fight back like this one, it feels kinda rapey and forced.

It doesnt "feels kinda rapey and forced". It IS totally rapey and forced. Why is there so many people liking it?

Because she is acting like real life royalty lmao

Any royal who regularly raped their closest and most trusted guard is asking for a knife to the back or poison in their tea. Even if the guard doesn't snap and do it themselves, they're going to be a whole lot less motivated to put their lives on the line when someone else tries to.

I don't know...I still think rape is something entirely else. It's bullying at best. The guard might be innocent, but she isn't a child anymore and she obviously wants to stay with her out of her own will. What she doesn't like is her lewd behavior, unfit for the ideal princess in her mind. She seems to care a lot about duty and outer appearence.

Would you think it was rape if the CEO of a modern business did this to one of their secretaries? Or if a parent did this to an adult child?

There are a lot of reasons for Thea to stick around and put up with the sexual abuse, even if she really doesn't want it, not the least of which is that her abuser is both her employer and a member of the ruling family in her country. Actually resting or leaving could end very, very, badly for her.

Similarly, the Princess clearly does a lot of good work when in public and the two have been together for a long time, with Thea being expected to take care of the princess. It shouldn't be surprising that she could admire her for her other qualities and might have developed a different form of love for her, despite her sexual abuse.

Omega Deuse
Image Comments 28 May 18:08
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Notstraight

Velvet's deadpan reaction is what makes this.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Now, the real question is: Is she getting all the girls because she's socially awkward, or is she socially awkward around ladies because they keep throwing themselves at her and things get a little distressing after the fifth kabedon of the day.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wasn't there another series that parodied Sadako, but rather than jumping into the lewd it became a sort-of slice of life?

Yeah, it's this pretty cool thing: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sadako_chan_and_gyaru_yankee_chan

Also, I also have no idea what that "The Clit" thing is. It was a great manga aside from that one line though.

Huh. It doesn't have a parody tag, which explains why I couldn't find it. Thank you for the link.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wasn't there another series that parodied Sadako, but rather than jumping into the lewd it became a sort-of slice of life?