Forum › Posts by themusicman500

themusicman500
Image Comments 27 Dec 20:18
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
C0wsl-uuuaabgc3

I don't hate the idea of this pairing. But it wasn't fully developed and all I can think of is how devastated Yuri (and I) was when Marina decapitated Discharge. Hard to imagine how she could have fully gotten over that and grown attracted to her.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm going to answer the title once and for all: Yes, it's very very weird! NO ONE should engage in/enjoy sex, or be attracted to another person's butt! srs

actually not srs

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

For some reason I thought this was going to be a long series. Surprised at how simply it wrapped up.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh yikes that afterword made me grit my teeth it was like a confluence of shitty Japanese stereotypes about queer women.

Whoa I didn't bother reading it, frankly it's a little strange. Is my reading comprehension failing me? Was the author being sarcastic? I can't believe a person could draw so many heartfelt stories about lesbian(?) romance and then write something like that.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 6:18AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Optimus Prime ships it

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

On the topic of the box-cutter thing. It was a very bad and stupid thing to do, but it's not that unrealistic if you keep in mind that the characters know each other better than the viewer knows the characters. I can see a very distressed kid doing something like that in real life, and their friend correctly believing they're not actually in danger. She wasn't coercing the other girl for sex, she was trying to do something extreme to get emotional closure.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Since some people was asking if Tracer is lesbian or bi they decided to answer on Twitter.

For those who have asked specifically, Tracer identifies as a lesbian.

Just like when Dumbledore was revealed to be gay, I expect that some butthurt idiots will try to argue that just because the creators said it that doesn't mean she's really a lesbian, somehow. lol

I don't get these comments

"I felt awful since the reveal bcs u horribly stereotyped Tracer based on her looks&personality, as someone who looks similar..
..and it feels horrible to be reduced to a stereotype based on how u look/act esp since its so common. There were tears.

..so thanks for making me feel like I don't exist/don't matter. Happy holidays to you, mine feel less cheerful thanks to this"

themusicman500
UNI+ discussion 22 Dec 00:21
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I know Nico's expression on page 18 well. It's the "long given up on hopeless crush, but at least you get to spend a little more time with them" face. This is a heart breaker.

themusicman500
Steps discussion 20 Dec 05:56
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't normally make this kind of observation, but that one line at the end was seriously HOT for some reason, like I physically felt it

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think manga and anime have a problem with unlikable male protagonists because the protagonist is supposed to be the "coolest" character. The Japanese male conception of coolness is to be stoic, humorless, and superficially rebellious but not really, resulting in a character who's just not very fun to watch. And the issue is exacerbated when every other character in the show is magnetically attracted to them for no apparent reason.

themusicman500
Anime season 16 Dec 04:33
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yeah they destroyed her character. KyoAni has this thing for ruining characters they have, especially if they are involved in something lesbionic.

Idk, what is she like in the source material? Did the author himself ruin his own character, or would you attribute blame of her character development onto Kyoani directly? Was she supposed to be written differently?

I think they mean KyoAni creates/develops great characters like Reina, then later mishandles them. Reina was pretty much the reason I liked the show and the reason the show is my phone wallpaper, but lately I haven't really been following it. The Taki thing and the way Kumiko and Reina's relationship seem to be going are annoying.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Are you being sarcastic? Domesticated house cats like warmth and warm places.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't think anyone here is actually offended or being serious, it's a ridiculous story hence the ironic comments

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Umm... Okay, let me just say that that ain't the best way to confess you love..... And shouldn't this have the [Rape] tag or something...????

Legally, this is statutory rape. A female minor is considered incapable of subduing an adult by force, so the adult is charged for not resisting.

themusicman500
Beloved L discussion 13 Dec 05:52
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Also I don't quite understand what's so special about this kid. She's selfish and not really smart, she's childish as fuck, she's not even that beautiful. There's nothing amazing about her, just some regular girl who wants to be an adult as soon as possible, but there are millions of them. Yet WeiWei is shown like an extraordinary person, both in her looks and her characteristics. What's the point of this romance, I wonder.

There may well not be anything special about the kid, but Wei Wei likes her and that's all there is to it. All that is required for a romance is that both parties like each other, regardless of whether either person is as talented or beautiful as the other.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't think it was missing anything actually. The moment she said "I'll keep telling you I love you until you believe me" it was already a matter of time. A more official scene of them getting together would have been superfluous.

themusicman500
ChikaRiko discussion 09 Dec 15:33
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

This is more rigged than NBA refereeing

themusicman500
Shimazaki discussion 07 Dec 15:35
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Shimazaki is a male.

I stand corrected, he was consistently misgendered as female in the Rendezvous thread.

themusicman500
Shimazaki discussion 07 Dec 06:11
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

He has my full support

last edited at Dec 7, 2016 3:29PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Thanks

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

^ you can set your lists are either private or public, that's why you can't always see an user's fav list.

How exactly do you change the setting?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

:(

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Whats discord

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Whoa. My goodness. I don't know Japanese but those tears were heartbreaking, and understandable considering she's in a position that most people will not be sympathetic to, rightfully or not

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Mirei didnt either from what i remember, but she was pretty gentle and protective of Mamori, Mirei was the sweetest TTvTT Of the two, Mirei is the real cutie. I don't remember when it seems like Mirei had feels and all, she always seemed attached in a way, a fondness that seemed to escalate. I'll probs rewatch it sooner or later.

I took it for granted while I was watching the series based on the attention and affection she showed Mamori, and how annoyed she was with Mamori's thing for Akira. I thought the most damning evidence was during the flashback to Mirei's past. She gets arrested for protecting a girl who looks just like Mamori, and it's established that she's no longer connected to any organization by the start of the first episode, so she latches onto Mamori, by my estimation, because she's her type.