Forum › Posts by DschingisKhan

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The Wholesome tag is well-fucking-earned, hot damn!

Ever feel like there should be tags for good communication or healthy relationships? Because they're not common enough.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Holy shit, Hinoka, stop, she's already gay!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ah, so the emperor finally shows that he's a malicious shitlord too. I suppose that's right on time for this pacing.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, Kurumi really managed to amp up the tenderness this time. I have to say, I like it!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I wonder how much faster it'd have been to just get something from a konbini.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm waiting for Yu Dingdang to either befriend or entrap Ming Wei and find out the truth about honoured mother-in-law (which she probably suspects already, because she's a bit genre savvy).

Still wonder how long the emperor's secret will stay hidden from her wife, though. It's not quite tedious yet, but it's fast approaching.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Mother-in-law is really just the worst.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

If this isn't a fucking love ballad, I'm confiscating Mitsuki's Rizz License. (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠)

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Elsa learned to be clever and ruthless at a very early age.

What I can't figure out is if this happened in the previous worldline or not... what is Evie actually changing in this excursion?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I like how Takamine thanking her is the point that Hirose really accepts that Sakura is good for her and that she can be okay with that.

And then Sakura shows up so thoughtfully even though Hirose tries to act tsun about her umbrella.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Hina's a good friend, hell yeah!

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So not only is she crafty and sly, she's a successful GL novelist. What a catch!

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

That would have been a perfect scene to call her by her given name. Are they going to be one of those anime couples who seems really distant forever?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Yu Dingdang doesn't bat an eye that they're both girls in that scroll, huh? Is this going to be one of those things where it turns out she knew all along that her "husband" is a woman?

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 9:16AM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I dunno. I feel like Tan Tailan + Ming Wei is getting extra kudos precisely because they're the secondary characters and a lot of people just have a preference for that, and maybe also because people like it when the "masculine" half of the pair is the one taking the initiative.

I think they're getting extra kudos because the latest chapter was about them and Competent Girl Hot. Don't read too much into it. ┐⁠(⁠ ̄⁠ヘ⁠ ̄⁠)⁠┌

But for my part, I am coming to really quite like Yu Dingdang--totally girly, but cheerful, self-confident and very much willing to take the initiative. She cares about the rules no more than the general does. Plus that thing with the scroll copying was clever and cheeky.

That's what I said too. Flagrantly skirting the "rules" should be the prerogative of an empress.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

There's an obvious solution here. The emperor wants dynastic succession. The girls have plenty o' magic. I'm sure magic babies could be arranged.

Any fantasy world that can't do it isn't worth living in.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, this is pretty fun, but also exorcist girl has the worst case of Anime I've seen in a while.

Like, she's suspicious that she doesn't know what's going on because she was told she doesn't know what's going on and her boss also reminded her that she's admitted that to others in the past! And yet rather than Just Fucking Talking (the number one method of getting other people to give you information) she jumps straight to violence at every opportunity

I get that she feels betrayed and enraged, but I think the "I don't believe Obsidian has amnesia" bit took far too long to resolve narratively.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm surprised that Kurumi didn't sleep together with her after all that...

But wow, that was cute!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Did the story really need to have this old guy be this gross? I mean I guess kudos to the creator for doing a solid job conveying how uncomfortable Ciel must have been, because I was certainly uncomfortable reading it.

I was reminded of that one scene in MagiRevo where the old church guys were lamenting that they had to find someone, anyone, willing to rape the protagonist right in front of her. (I have never wanted a character to give into their draconic instinct and murder everyone more than that moment...)

last edited at Dec 8, 2023 12:06PM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Holy shit, Tan Tailan is smooth af. Got my heart racing!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It feels like there's only one or two chapters left... Speedrunning indeed.

Also, that guy was extremely gross and needs to be put to the sword.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Yesssss, I was so worried they'd get interrupted! I think Kaye has started to realise the dunce isn't her enemy, at least.

I keep hoping for one of them to let slip some past life reference and for the other to catch it... Probably not until much later. :/

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So they just introduced a quirky new character with a single chapter left... damn, what a shame.

She's not new but first time they met. Her and her GF were mentioned before.

That's like if Han Solo only had the contextless Greedo scene and then didn't meet Luke until the bombing run on the Death Star.

DschingisKhan
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 16:51
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oof.

That's...poor Aki. :(

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I kinda like how the little empress isn't stupid or unaware of court decorum, she just doesn't care. She has more important things to worry about.

I wonder how long it'll take for her to win over the princess and how long until she figures out she has a bride. Especially the latter, actually; it's much more interesting a story when she knows and can tease or cover for her depending on the situation.