Forum › Posts by ACM1PT

ACM1PT
Liberta discussion 06 Feb 02:18
Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

I wonder why she's doing her "coming out" there? Previously it seemed as if she tried to remain secretive. And a random high school girl won't even understand what King she's talking about (I'd assume) so what's the point here ... unless Liberta / Komari is nearby, unseen by us?

Nah, this has nothing to do with Liberta being close.
Eri clearly likes the blonde cutie. She wants to have with her a relationship like Liberta with Komari. But for that to work she needs to reveal the truth about herself, who she is and what she does. She must have been waiting a long time for the perfect occasion. When she heard blondie wishing death on everyone, she thought the right time had arrived.

Now we wait for next chapter and we'll see blondie's reaction. Either she will be thrilled and throw herself in Eri's arms (yay!) or she will be horrified and her rejection will break Eri's heart (boo!) but whatever the case it'll make for good dramatic developments.

I mean, she's not wrong...

And that's the author's message, successfully conveyed! >:-D

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

It's also worth noting that Mu is guaranteeing her apartment (iirc), so there is a somewhat problematic power dynamic there

Number one dumbest comment in all this thread, so congrats I guess.

joined Sep 20, 2022

Too pure. WAY too pure.
Somebody pour some slimy sleaze into this relationship ok plz thx.

joined Sep 20, 2022

Nanase... look at the two melonpan girls. They're prolly just friends but I swear to Gawd they act way more like girlfriends than you and Yuni!

Bet they're secretly dating. Or in love but neither has confessed yet. They need their own manga: "Our yuri love that started with a melonpan!"

joined Sep 20, 2022

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

THANK YOU!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

joined Sep 20, 2022

Aya’s been tricked, backstabbed, and quite possibly… bamboozled

This has been the most enjoyable chapter in a long time. ^______^

In a manga that is non-yuri and only about the special friendship between two girls, these are the kind of shenanigans that make the mainstay of humor. This is how friends comedy is different from romantic comedy.

joined Sep 20, 2022

Nothing a quick braking wouldn't fix.

You child murderer.

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Lmao at all the people complaining that there was no hickey.

Also lmao at all the people not getting that the author is having Kase and Yamada play out a super typical cliché situation of married life in Japan. Kase is playing the husband, Yamada is playing the wife and everyone at Kase's college is playing the husband's workplace. "Sorry, honey, you know how we were going to buy a house with a white picket fence and live together? And we were so happy about it? Well it ain't happening coz my company is transferring me for the next ten years to Burkina Faso and I can't take you with me so you'll have to go back to live with your parents. But hey what's a little ten years, right?"

joined Sep 20, 2022

@CivilGhost (Non-)Spoiler: She'll get to have a birthday party and be 11 later!

A loli of ten stood before me, and I—
I didn't bang her till she was eleven,
And that has made all the difference.

-- Robert Frost.

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

The true mark of getting older here is thinking that 23 days left of 30 is only.

So effing trueeeee

The true mark of getting older is having kids and treating them in the same shitty way your parents treated you.

Bonus points if you even try to force your sexual orientation onto them.

"Whaddya mean you wanna date a boy!? Mama and mama are not happy, young lady!"

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Imagine being such a vile, selfish piece of shit you think you get to decide where someone else LIVES

Not that I want to fight you, but you're missing a lot. We have plenty of evidence that Fukami has a massive crush on Kase. Fukami doesn't know Kase is taken, even less that she is already preparing to pretty much marry Yamada. From Fukami's POV Kase is leaving her—a friend—to live with some other girl who is also a friend. And this is a catastrophe for her because it'll make her lose her only special bond with Kase (roommates) and her best chance to worm her way into Kase's heart. If Fukami knew what really is going on, she wouldn't act like that.

Yamada will think "Oh noes the orders of a hierarchical superior are absolute!" and will not object to the race. Then Kase will race Fukami and win. Then Yamada will jump into her arms and kiss her or something. Then and only then will Fukami and the others find out that Yamada is Kase's girlfriend! (In other words, that Kase wasn't planning to move in with some random homie but with her LOVER!) Then Fukami will hit Kase on the noggin and tell her she's got to be stupider than a monkey to bet her future with the woman she loves in a motherfucking race. And then, only then, Kase will be enlightened.

I think you're right. Especially the end.
Fukami made such an awful angry scene because Kase hadn't informed her properly of the situation (Kase leaving the dorm) and I can see her making another angry scene, even worse and more violent than the first, because Kase hasn't informed her properly that she has a gf and wants to live with her in connubial bliss.

last edited at Dec 29, 2022 4:23PM

joined Sep 20, 2022

"You changed your lipstick?" What a cocktease!

Um no, not cock. I need to reword that. Let me think...

joined Sep 20, 2022

Net chapter a letter arrives informing Yvonne of the beheading of all her relatives. siiigh

Yvonne had majorly serious reasons to reject Elsa's advances. It wasn't just a case of "But we're both girls!"

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 11:33PM

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Someone explain it to me? I'm more lost than a knife in a soup bowl.

Me too.
Nice avatar, BTW.

Thank you! I love the actor, and I love the character, and I love how one played the other in that movie. :D

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Someone explain it to me? I'm more lost than a knife in a soup bowl.

joined Sep 20, 2022

^ Great now they killed the suspense for me too. Thanks for nothing. >:(

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

And this is the last we'll ever see of these two in Virgins' Empire.

They will appear again in a coming follow-up series: Deflowered's Empire.

joined Sep 20, 2022

i appreciate Aya confirming without a doubt that Mitsuki is indeed still her crush~

tbf, I use "crush" because that's what Amarrez used in the beginning of the translation, so I kept it.

But in JP, she says "oshi" which is slightly different and hard to translate.

Aaaah so that's how it is! I get it now. I was puzzled by Aya saying "crush" when the story has been trying very hard to avoid going there.
"Oshi" is different of course. Makes sense now. Thanks for de explanation.

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Why is she so upset and who is ignoring her on the phone? I dont recall anything going down recently..

Her boyfriend? She's the one confirmed het in the main cast.
(Or bi who so far has mostly hetero leanings....)

ACM1PT
Liberta discussion 07 Nov 15:24
joined Sep 20, 2022

"Lewd times will have to wait until next time". Phew, good that there's a warning at the end of those two chapters, was just showing these at my local church and thinking "I might get in trouble with this", but luckily it's entirely wholesome this time around.

Lmao good one. I was thinking more or less the same thing. I wonder if the ending footnote is the mangaka telling us "Lewd? You think THIS was lewd? Mwahahah you dumb shits, you know nothing! You don't know lewd yet! Wait till next chapter, I'll show you LEWD!"

Thinking again, I don't mind at all if that's what Tatsubon meant. o3o

joined Sep 20, 2022

Japan is the birthplace and home of cosplay - it is far more common there than anywhere else!

Also the birthplace and home of lolis who look like they are 25 years old. I don't believe the trope existed anywhere else before the Japanese invented it.
But it's not exclusive anymore: I've seen some, more recent instances in Western media; so like everything in manga it's spreading.

ACM1PT
joined Sep 20, 2022

Xiaoen is only 26 yet she already understands that the drive to maximize short-term profit often ends up undermining the potential for long-term growth.

Ayup. Smart cookie. Doesn't take shit either. Could she replace my Prime Minister?

You were what? Finn? Estonian?
The Finn Prime Minister is a horrorshow embarrassment and really needs someone like Xiaoen to chase her off her ministerial chair with a big stick.

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 11:18AM

joined Sep 20, 2022

Hell yes another cradle robber manga!
Go oneesan, it was love at first sight! Embrace that Warikan spirit and go for it!

joined Sep 20, 2022

Even though she knew it was a dream?

Some comphet you got there chief.

joined Sep 20, 2022

This is actually a fairly deep metaphor and study on the reality of a lot of gay youth when you think about it.

Oh whew! Thank god! And here I was thinking that this story was dumber than ten meters of dirt road!
Good thing you explained those fine points to us, otherwise I'd have stayed mistaken.