Forum › Posts by Laminatestasis

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Oh, I'd love to read a series about them just wandering around this post-apocalyptic world

Literally my first thought. I would love to see more of these two.

Laminatestasis
A Cute Guy discussion 12 Dec 13:44
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Me: Avoids due to Het tag for a few months
Also Me: Sees this is Tatsubon when checking out their author page
"Well I mean...I like all their other stuff"
Super moe boyfriend x Gyaru
"I love this."

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Quick Thaw and Fuck, how damn. Did not expect the fast jump. Next chapter we fight the Yandere?

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I personally think this is the setup for Rio and bread worker girl

Two single characters in the vicinity of each other with barely any sort of interaction. Yupp, it's definitely happening.

Lesbian Side Couple

Laminatestasis
Inko-sensei discussion 01 Dec 21:12
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

And Sakurako arrives! I'm now accepting bets on whether this becomes poly or not

I want in on this, what's the odds

Glad to see this continuing still, it seemed so tentative at first that I made sure not to get my hopes up.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Fuck.

Seriously. Fuck.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ah good, everyone else's necks hurt too. That caught me off fucking guard.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Super here for this. Gimme more zombie girl Yuri. Dunno why that scratched my itches, but damned if I'm not excited for this.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

"Moonlight and donuts" that's totally a reference, right? I understand she brought her donuts in the evening, but c'mon :D

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

omg didn't expect this is made by neko tarou, is this an original manga? I thought this came from a novel base from the title itself. damn I'm liking the story so far.

OOO, interesting. I didn't catch that. Im both excited and worried. On one hand Catullus Syndrome was well drawn and a fun read, but on the other I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. Guess we'll see how this goes, but so far I'm super into this, excited to finally see a chapter 2.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think the thing that intrigues me most about this story is we're getting the story from the perspective of the "perfect prince". Usually they are a distant figure that the "normal" protagonist is unable to connect to, and kept mysterious. This time we're getting the story from the super characters perspective about the "normal" girl. I feel like we'll get some sort of big reveal about Shun at some point, or we're just gonna embrace this and run with it. Either way, it's a fun take, and I'm curious to see where it goes.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I want this as a hardback book to read with my kids, this is so freaking cute D:

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Instead of Mr. and Mrs. Sunflower, now we've got Mrs. and Mrs. Sunflower T_T I really enjoyed that chapter, it was cool to get to learn bits and pieces of the past, how things have changed, but also how they stayed the same. I feel like I could read about these two forever, I'm so sad we're winding down, but also ecstatic with how all the bonus chapters have gone.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Everything is Fine has traumatized me. I thought this was gonna have a horror ending for sure D:
Thankfully it was just cute :3

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Yeah, unless Rika ends up being bi or pan, it seems like the author was very obviously setting his interest in girls.

I really can't wait for more of this, it's rapidly become one of my favorite manga I'm reading right now.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Yep, this is still probably my favorite Manhua right now, each chapter keeps getting better T_T

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

It feels like there is a lot more hate directed Shiho's way than I think she deserves. Not in the "she isn't an asshole, why does everyone want her to apologize way" but in the way that she is clearly intended as a way for us to keep a relatively happy relationship for Yori and Himari.

Because Shiho exists, we don't have to deal with a long drawn out will she/won't she for the main two. They can remain with just tiny squabbles but at the end of the day still be together. Shiho is pulling lal the relationship drama bullshit onto her character and just sucking up everyone's hate. I think the only real issue is that we've gotten so little time spent with Yori and Himari lately. I'm hoping as this arc starts to wind down the pendulum swings back, but the drama has to come from somewhere, and thankfully the biggest thing they've dealt with is "when is the right time to kiss".

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

ChikyuuNeko posted:

Psychologically, this feeling is likely caused by Xingyuan's own past where she's been made to feel like an outsider due to her "abnormal" sexuality, so this mode of living has become permanent for her, making it hard to perceive herself as anything but a permanent outsider even if the people around her seem keen on making her a part of their community (as Mr Wang does) or when her "impure" feelings towards a girl are actually (rather transparently) reciprocated.

So to cut a long story short, whilst a homophobic environment certainly seems to be the root cause for Xingyuan's insecurities, this story isn't a simple "I like this girl, oh no that's bad I shouldn't do that" story but rather a story about the psychological impact of homophobia. It's about a girl who through no fault of her own was cut off from her roots, most evident in being literally cut off from her family and whose now drifting about without a sense of belonging, alienated not only from the world around her but ultimately from herself as well.

So it's not about how psychological damage caused by homophobia affects you, but rather a story exploring how psychological damage caused by homophobia affects you. Did I got that right?

Nailed it.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

0.0 I need more…..

Lucky for you, and for everyone who wants more, Mocha seems to really like this AU so she's drawing more pages of these two on her patreon.

This is excellent news :3

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Ooooo, this is the author of "Even if it was just once, I regret it"? That's legitimately one of my favorite manga, I am way more excited for this now. The premise was cool on its own, but getting more from Miyahara Miyako makes me so excited!

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Wowie that's some great parenting, re-marrying and then just fucking off lmao

From a yuri point of view, it's excellent parenting.

I mean, so many Yuri stories have one of the two love interests living alone that it makes me question if this isn't just super common in Japan. Teenagers living on their own seems crazy to me outside of stories and getting kicked out of your house by shitty parents.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

All these things can be true: Nakano genuinely wants to help Miyako in her own way; Nakano has romantic feelings for Miyako; Nakano is a bad person. I'm not morally judging Nakano when I point out she's done despicable things. I think it makes her character more interesting!

This exactly. I don't point out I think Nakano is the villain because I dislike the character or hate the story, I'm using context clues to try and figure out where the story is going. And I think there's a pretty strong position that the Reporter could end up on the "You can fuck people without needing to have someone give away pictures of you you don't want."

Or ya know, this could all go down the and they all fucked happily ever after route. Either way I'm here to see it out xD

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

"Just shut up and enjoy it."

Yeah, Nakano definitely the villain at this point x.x I feel like we're setting up for the reporter to actually be the good guy. They picked the perfect profession to hide whether she'd be good or bad though, the easiest professions to make villains or heros are Lawyers and Reporters.

Definitely a villain before this point. She set her friend up with a bunch of possible rape scenarios (a bunch of people who are expecting sex, whether our MC wants to give it or not).

I feel like Nakano's ... actually in love with her though, but her motivation is ... maybe, she's not willing to give up all her other sexual partners and wants Miyako to have the same lifestyle and they can be together? It's all very strange.

I agree she had been as well, but there had been people debating if it was all just "hentai logic" prior to this, and I feel like this squashes even that.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

"Just shut up and enjoy it."

Yeah, Nakano definitely the villain at this point x.x I feel like we're setting up for the reporter to actually be the good guy. They picked the perfect profession to hide whether she'd be good or bad though, the easiest professions to make villains or heros are Lawyers and Reporters.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Yuri-bro Narita-kun keeping the story moving. He's come a long way from Jerkface xD