Forum › Posts by commentator

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just realized,
Ookuma’s parents have to know Kanda is a girl because they investigated her through her resume right?? They probably did all sorts of background checks and found out.

omg I never even thought about that! I can just imagine that part of their relationship now: time to meet the parents. "Hey, I'm going out with a girl" "Yeah, we know"

commentator
Yuru Yuri discussion 29 Oct 04:57
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

And now after so many years, thanks to the translation notes of chapter 146, I think I understand the meaning of the title "Kashimashi Girl Meets Girl" (not that I ever really tried to search for it before)

last edited at Oct 29, 2020 5:01AM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm not sure what just happened but I was laughing a lot so it was good.

commentator
Image Comments 07 Oct 14:56
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
Ejeyog4voaak_2m-orig

Here's the video btw: https://youtu.be/BoZ0Zwab6Oc

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

all the laws of conservation of energy/matter were just violated. this building should not be able to support that tree, either the wind would make it tip and fall toward the ground, or roots would destroy the building...

I'm sorry but this just doesn't make any god damn sense. XD

You got through all the parts where her body turns into a tree at will and NOW you're saying it doesn't make sense? lol

commentator
Yuru Oyako discussion 22 Sep 20:05
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's one middle schooler's lunch, how much could it be, 10,000 yen?

Roughly $100 bucks, so yeah, is way too much money for a middle schooler lunch.

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to this:
Quote from Arrested Development

commentator
Image Comments 15 Sep 23:20
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Bugpope Sep 14, 2020 10:27PM
I'm just imagining the villager bursting into the house, noticing that nobody's working on a recipe, and immediately leaving again without saying a word.

That's hilarious

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

"Jeesus fuck that... oh my god" - me after reading this

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

One of my favorite parts is the way Cerberus' eyes are covered

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

For those who might want to check out the Pixiv Comic source that was mentioned: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/3737

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 4:47PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm lost. What was the resolution in the end?

The problem was that they want to be with each other so bad that they can't bear to leave for work and be separated all day. So, if they work at the same place they don't have to separate.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh fun! We just started watching the anime and now I learn that there's a related manga too! The anime has been surprisingly cute so far a couple episodes in. It also has some yuri bait stuff in it so that's a thing. (honestly not sure if I like that or not in this age of yuri availability, but if this were like ten years ago I would have watched the show just for those scenes so...)

commentator
Image Comments 11 Aug 20:39
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
78188146_p0

how could she go directly to cunnilingus? She’s got to get her in the mood first!

Do you not see the marks on her breast and torso? Also, it's not even cunnilingus yet, she's licking her stomach. Definitely getting in the mood.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

ಠ_ಠ
Of all the latest chapters i decide to randomly try reading to see if this actually went anywhere decent, I choose the one that has rape slipped into the tags...

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Rather than "naked parker" that's on pages 13 and 17, the word that's being translated as "parker": パーカー (paakaa) actually means something like "hoodie" or "hooded sweater" (and can include pullover or zippered variations)

Here's the japanese wiki page about the term: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC_(%E8%A1%A3%E9%A1%9E)

Incidentally, I came across this list of 30 words in Japanese that seem like they could be directly used as English, but aren't: https://eikaiwa.dmm.com/blog/3892/ (パーカー/hoodie is number 22)
Examples include:
- ソフトクリーム (sofuto kuriimu) => soft serve (ice cream)
- サイダー (saidaa, sounds a lot like "cider") => lemonade, soda pop

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

is there like any context for this? or is this like a metal gear solid moment where its just dissociative disorder

In this future, there's this valuable mineral called Originium, which infect people with a disease... these girls have it, but thanks to it they can also fight. Lappland apparently has a lot more of it than most though, which makes her ... let's say psychologically unstable... the disease has a 100% mortality rate...

The last two pages probably depict a mercy-killing.

Texas's profile states she's not infected (yet).
Lappland's includes these snippets though:

Lappland's Oripathy symptoms go beyond the physical to cause an abnormal obsession toward a certain target of hers, even spurring her to excessive violence.

Based on scattered reports and eyewitness accounts, Operator Lappland has a close personal connection to Penguin Logistics employee Texas, a liaison from the company to Rhodes Island. Texas, for her part, makes a concerted effort to avoid contact with Lappland. Still, in situations where they were forced to work together, Lappland has not gone out of her way to antagonize Texas. In fact, she seems to be taking some degree of pleasure in Texas playing hard-to-get, as it were.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think it would be neat if the reason she doesn't see her own arrow is because she never developed one. Then at some point she starts getting feelings for someone and actually starts to see her arrow. I wonder how she would react to that.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is very interesting but nothing is clear. I recently read several chapters of a new book by Ricky Gardenen about the possibility of entering Harvard. He talked about the style of writing student work (redacted link) and the possibility of citation. I realized that we are moving in the right direction

How do I report a lost bot that thinks this is an academic forum because the title has "school" in it? Lol

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

1500 hours is 62 days. Homeboy is a tryhard, but not quite on MMO levels of no life

To spread it out a bit more, playing one hour every day on weekdays and two each weekend would be 9 hours a week. At that rate it would take over 3 years and 2 months to reach 1500 hours. Since he's a second year in high school he would have had to start in second year of middle school at the latest.

So not implausible, especially considering he's enjoyed being popular since elementary, but still super dedicated. Plus he also has to make time for hygiene and exercise and whatever else he might want to do in his freetime. Probably going out to be fawned over by girls.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

The cover makes me laugh. I scrolled down and saw the face of the girl being ntr'd and just lost it.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Having followed this on pixiv so far I'm glad to see it here so I can finally understand exactly what they're saying. My Japanese is terrible lol.

Also spoilers about her secret:

Also, I think this is the first time Neji's had the human be taller than the monster girl in their relationship.

Don't know how you wanna categorize that when the taller one is a giant instead of a human lol

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Tbh, this story was not that well written. The vampire element was just a vague pretense that didn't really serve any purpose in the story. It was a harem manga with a thin plot. That it was yuri just added a bit of flavor, but that was it.

The drawings were neat, I'll give you that.

The vampire element might have been stronger if the series hadn't gotten axed. The author points that out in the 27.5 omake https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/seifuku_no_vampiress_lord_ch27_5#2
Of course the writing is going to be subpar if you're condensing 7 volumes of content into 3 and just focusing on the fun little yuri harem instead of the original vampire issue.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wow. Didn't realize Dynasty allowed works like these on here. A NSFW tag should definitely be added to warn other pure minded folks like myself.

pure minded folks like myself.

looks at your icon
...uh-huh...

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh we never find out what their names are. That slipped my mind the first time around.

The maid is called Rio on the first page.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Anxiety: the Mangaka