Forum › Posts by niewaznekto

joined Oct 22, 2021

... okay, but where is 13th zodiac sign, bionicle? I'm the red one. Ofc.

joined Oct 22, 2021

as well as most importantly really unique love rivals like Pakee.

? What are you talking about, Pakee is the main love interest, landlord is the bad-end no chance character, obviously.

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

This better end in a kiss

Dream higher.

Handholding!

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

I don't like how ominous that was. Is she gonna turn into a mindless human-eating monster at some point or some shit?

She has a male fiance to make babies or sth?

Also thank you for information about the volumes, hopefully it gets back to form!

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

Gona be honest, didn't like the last 2 chapters. All of these are tropes used when story has to end fast. Was this cancelled already/given only 2 volumes or sth?

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

... One of the most annoying tropes, the cliffhanger from the last chapter + this chapter resolution.
The whole "threaten someone/pretend to be bad guy one chapter, immediate resolution the next one suuucks.

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

Interesting premise but i wish we could get bisexual representation outside of the whole “slutty woman who sleeps around with anyone and everyone” trope.

I don't know, "bi erasure" or however it is called seems to be the more common trope, with women never being "really" in love with the man (at least not the erotic kind)

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

I just gotta say why is it that citrus of all series has to be the face of yuri? I know it was a popular anime probably for the fan service but there are so many better series to choose from

Yeah. I'm more surprised since both of them are relatively new series, I would have thought they would have had many slang terms already.

joined Oct 22, 2021

I like the story, but holy shit is the serialisation chapter order fucked. It just makes no sense, and yes, I know the table and that everyone is complaining about it. But what else can you say? If I was on a boat with a huge hole at the center, no one would be talking about how the chandelier is nice, everyone would be screaming about the fuc**ng hole! And this stuff is going to sink this series.

last edited at Mar 10, 2022 12:10PM

joined Oct 22, 2021

I would also like to know if someone has any info on what happened to the translation for this manga. Was it dropped or are the translators waiting for the free chapters to expire? (or something similar?) The raws are already up to sixth chapter so I'm just curious.

Translations are up to date, but I have no idea what's going on with the typesetting. (Doesn't help that all the other TSers aside from Urbs are anonymous).

where do you find the translations?

They're posted in /u/'s translation thread

To those that don't know what that means and how to read this stuff:
Go to https://boards.4chan.org/u/ (NSFW!) , in searchbox type "translation". One of the results will be translation thread (links to threads change over time, so I can't just paste it here)
Then use Ctrl+F for search box, type "my lover" and it will show you links to pastebin with translation for chapters.

joined Oct 22, 2021

This manhua is definitely taking the politics of omegaverse in a radically different direction from most stories. Usually alphas are analogous to men and omegas to women, with all the dominance and submission socially induced in our world instead biologically wired so that readers can fetishize women completely giving up their power as their "true", "natural" state. Most often, in the bodies of men, because this is for straight women sexualizing what they're afraid of, but not wanting to direct it onto their own bodies. In this story, though, those motivations don't really apply. Alphas aren't privileged, they are discriminated against for their lack of control-- the opposite of real world patriarchy. It's seems more like the underlying idea is internalized homophobia, hiding from your desires because they make you less socially acceptable. That's a much more common trope for lesbians and speaks to what's already written about in yuri. Of course, it still falls into accepting your inherent biology and not being allowed to choose your conscious urges instead, which gets... a bit gross, if you think about it.

A bit interesting, but also a bit against the fun of omegaverse I guess? Even if I don't "like" the rapiness, it is interesting in its own way, in how it's not how the real world

I don't know if it is, necessarily. The "fun" of omegaverse stuff doesn't have to be, and isn't usually, the systems of oppression that exist in it. Normally those come off as things the authors put in there without much attention out of a sense of obligation, with the setting coaxing all their internalized heteronormativity out without their mediation.

It can play with the core fetishes of Omegaverse by having a socially powerful person want or need or protect the weaker person (again, fantasy patriarchy moment), but it can also do stuff like this, where there is discrimination and those desires need to be suppressed and bottled up until they explode.

So yeah. idk there was one other thing I was gonna say but I forgot it

I expressed myself badly, as I wrote that post super sleepy.
What I actually meant, is that ABO gives an option for story beatts that in real world we these days recogninse as super problematic, but still many find titilating- see 90% of romance novels. It gives charactesr a pass for being drama queens (I'm in rut! I'm not thinking rationally!), possesive (I'm your alpha/beta), and also fulfills the promise of forever-partners (I believe that's what marking is, though not sure, I only know omegaverse from ocasional manga/manhua/manhwa).

Basically, it always feels a bit like an answer to people complaining about 50 shades of gray and its ilk. Though the post above me from the nb person gives a different perspective to my boring one.

joined Oct 22, 2021

This manhua is definitely taking the politics of omegaverse in a radically different direction from most stories. Usually alphas are analogous to men and omegas to women, with all the dominance and submission socially induced in our world instead biologically wired so that readers can fetishize women completely giving up their power as their "true", "natural" state. Most often, in the bodies of men, because this is for straight women sexualizing what they're afraid of, but not wanting to direct it onto their own bodies. In this story, though, those motivations don't really apply. Alphas aren't privileged, they are discriminated against for their lack of control-- the opposite of real world patriarchy. It's seems more like the underlying idea is internalized homophobia, hiding from your desires because they make you less socially acceptable. That's a much more common trope for lesbians and speaks to what's already written about in yuri. Of course, it still falls into accepting your inherent biology and not being allowed to choose your conscious urges instead, which gets... a bit gross, if you think about it.

A bit interesting, but also a bit against the fun of omegaverse I guess? Even if I don't "like" the rapiness, it is interesting in its own way, in how it's not how the real world

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021
84767697_p2-4

sniff. We need more yoshiko

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021
Agu_knzm-1497181144122494982-img1

huh. immediately knew who the author is even though it wasn't typical to their work

joined Oct 22, 2021

this chapter feels as if it needed like 10 more pages. A bit too chaotic.

niewaznekto
Yours discussion 20 Feb 16:02
joined Oct 22, 2021

it needed like 1 or 2 more pages at the end I think.

niewaznekto
Reliance discussion 20 Feb 12:41
joined Oct 22, 2021

is this like a side-story to 14 something something koi?

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

on a certain H website there is a surprisingly wholesome 2 part doujin with this pairing. Strongly recommended, even if you skip the horny parts.

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

What buildup ? If you want to contradict me then make an argument, don't just say "you're wrong lol". Peoples talk about a buildup but i don't see anything that look like a poly build up outside of the poly chapters. The others were just about a Love triangle.
I tell you my two cents: Almost nobody was thinking about a poly ending seriously before the poly chapters.They just get their hope up after the Poly chapters but if you read the chapters, there was no build up or hint to a poly ending after those chapters. Peoples just wanted to happen but there was no promises. The author never chicken out of a poly ending or was a coward because they probably didn't think about it or even let hints (which ones btw ?).
I never ever said i don't like Polyamory, i just dislike Poly resolution for a Love triangle. I've read some poly doujins and i liked it. Hell, i didn't say anything about the Poly Teachers didn't I ? Trust me that if i really didn't like Poly i would have talk about that.

"Poly" route suggesting pages:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch3_1#3
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch5_1#13
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch5_2#5 and the following pages
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_volume_1_extras#11
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_volume_1_extras#12
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch6_1#4
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch7_2#30
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/if_you_could_see_love_ch7_2#32
whole chapter 8

That means we had a poly-suggesting page in every second chapter before it became obvious it was going to go full on sayo (ch 10).

1. If a story that has X chapters has a whole chapter dedicated to poly relationship in an older person with similar circumstances, the most common story structure does indeed imply the same thing will happen again. All these stories on this website of girls going to school X as their mother did, and then meeting a special "friend" etc, etc.

2. The story did not end after the original confesion from Sayo, so people expected something new to happen. Especially with hints of everyone-loving-everyone earlier on

3. That being said, everything after ch. 10 definitely went full on sayo route.

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 8:20AM

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

In my opinion, for a poly relationship to truly work, all the parties involved have to love each other. That wasn't the case in this manga so I never saw a poly ending as an option. If the manga went there, it would have felt forced to me.

but they were building up to that. There was the whole kiss between the love-interests, as well as them taking care of each other...

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

The only nice thing about the ending was the childhood friend getting with the MC. But seriously, the last 3 chapters were terrible.

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

On the cover the shield is from saint seya, the gun and face from golgo, but the crystal on the arm?
I seem to have recollection of some post-apocalyptic manly-manly story that might have had some crystal-stance like things but I forget its title...

Also, what is the cavalry scene parody of? Kingdom?

last edited at Feb 12, 2022 11:57AM

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

nice

niewaznekto
Kana→Ruby discussion 07 Feb 16:32
joined Oct 22, 2021

i like this ship

niewaznekto
joined Oct 22, 2021

Sometimes I feel like reading about fucked up situations involving normal people. This author is one of the best at that.