Forum › Posts by Nari

Nari
Image Comments 18 Jan 11:51
6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021
Ne_go_m-1482700100292190212-img1

^^ Maybe because the background is a white color, so Negom needs to maintain the contrast and volume in the artwork.

Edit: Also considering that Shenhe's clothing has a lot of white, the artwork can get very confusing and jumbled to look at.

last edited at Jan 18, 2022 11:52AM

Nari
Image Comments 17 Jan 23:44
joined Sep 2, 2021
Ne_go_m-1482700100292190212-img1

Negom went wild with Shenhe

joined Sep 2, 2021

Wowzers.

joined Sep 2, 2021

It's always a good day for Itou Hachi and the loli tag. The other tags I'm a little o.o about. But let's see where it goes, I have high hopes because Hachi never disappoints with loli stories.

Edit: That was... an interesting concept.

last edited at Jan 14, 2022 2:03AM

Nari
joined Sep 2, 2021

I liked this, but I'll be honest, I didn't really get all the subtext that everybody else seemed pick up on. Can anyone tell me what makato ment by "friends with benefits", and "played around a bit"? I know what they normally insinuate. However if she was casually sleeping around, then why did she feel the need to asure Momoka that the text message, about the hotel, was a misunderstanding.

"Friends with benefits" is a term that means you and another person are there for each other for sexual pleasure, BUT no strings attached. That's why Makato was bothered when the other party wanted more than just that. Additionally Makato said she played around a bit, while she was getting to know Momoka—because they weren't together yet, so she didn't do anything wrong here. It is because Makato and Momoka probably also started out as friends with benefits. When Makakto clarified about what the text message was actually saying, is a way to ensure Momoka that she is taking their relationship seriously. So even if "playing around" used to be a casual thing for Makato, not anymore.

Nari
Image Comments 11 Jan 10:23
joined Sep 2, 2021
95434032_p0

I love their facial expression, it's gentle and kind of like low-key; but at the same time you can see that it's full of passion. Beautiful drawing.

Nari
joined Sep 2, 2021

First of all, GAP MOE, GAP MOE, GAP MOE!

Secondly, wow! This manga took call me by your name quite literally, it's clever and very much adorable.

Nari
Image Comments 08 Jan 18:16
joined Sep 2, 2021
Ne_go_m-1474737658626965506-img1

I love how Keqing's hair is transparent just so viewers can see Ganyu's boobas.

joined Sep 2, 2021

I'll eat anything, Nagori Yu makes, up. It's just so good, and the way she draws and writes her characters are just mmm.

Nari
joined Sep 2, 2021

Ohhhhh so this is the original versions and the other ones were the AU. Fascinating.

I think that isn't exactly clear cause I recall a "AU where they're monster girls" thing with wood and snow on on thing there in the other series

That is true. I believe Minami started out with "Today I'll ( Make You) Confess" as a short concept one-shot series first. But enjoyed the pair so much that Minami planned out a whole story for them in "Hide Your Tears, You Crybaby" leaving, this series "Wood and Snow" the AU as mentioned previously.

Daixue and Su Mu are my dream pair; a passive top and active bottom. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BOTTOMS THAT ARE TAKING INITIATIVE, there's something so gap moe about that.

last edited at Jan 4, 2022 5:12PM

Nari
Image Comments 01 Jan 05:08
joined Sep 2, 2021
Yu_tsugirls-1476901067912724481-img2

Ano is often paired with Nena. I haven't played the game yet, and would not want any spoilers. But do let me know if Nena and Ano ever got a story with one another; because I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere... but my memories and wishful thoughts gets intermingled you know?

joined Sep 2, 2021

Tamamusi and Crossick? I can't wait to see how it goesssss!!

Edit: Lol, I enjoyed it. Tamamusi's comedic aspects added into a lovely and lewd couple is absolutely perfect.

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 2:12AM

Nari
Genshin Impact! 25 Dec 03:48
joined Sep 2, 2021

I've played Genshin for a year and a couple of months, definitely grind it a lot during the summer out of school(about 3 months in between each school year). As soon as school starts I would miss up to 3 weeks of Genshin, and maybe even more. But I'm still doing fine! I just want to give my take on it because I see that a lot of people are worried about the gacha aspect of Genshin, and that it's going to be one of those games that baits you into spending money one way or another... but that's false. I highly appreciate Genshin Impact—especially the effort that MiHoYo put into the game, that's why engaging in this thread is important.

When I first started Genshin Impact, I had the 4 basic characters(Lumine, Lisa, Amber, and Kaeya) later on it changed into Lumine, Lisa, Kaeya, Noelle. Yet I was still able to make it passed Dragonspine; and keep in mind I was a newbie to all of this... so I didn't even know that characters had designated builds, that will make sure they play to the best of their abilities—yet with a level 40 Kaeya, I felt like a queen in my world! Kaeya was undefeatable, haha. Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is, if you have the energy to grind daily/occasionally you don't have to spend any money. Every character is good depending on the situation(exploration/bosses/enemies/mobs) and your build. Within a year and some months of playing Genshin, I was only able to get three 5-stars characters. I don't know about you, but that's pretty okay for a free to play person—in fact, some are even luckier(and maybe grindier) and were able to collect more than me.

Genshin Impact is definitely fun, enjoyable, and 100% free if you don't give in to temptation. It's definitely worth a try, but if you know you cannot control yourself then maybe don't play. And if you know that repetitive grinding gets you bored, I also don't recommend playing. Otherwise, it's amazing.

Nari
Image Comments 25 Dec 03:20
joined Sep 2, 2021
Hiromi_gko-1474103170767155200-img1

Lovely Christmas illustration!

Nari
Image Comments 25 Dec 03:19
joined Sep 2, 2021
Yorimiyu-1474279398719516675-img1

These two are so adorable. The big wholesome vibe makes the snowman not realize that it's third wheeling.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Don't lie to me Itou Hachi!
This is what they truly did:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/master_and_mel_oneeloli_hentai

Itou Hachi is a tease.

Nari
Citrus + discussion 20 Dec 21:48
joined Sep 2, 2021

Wait I’m so confused… I thought Glasses-Senpai was the same age as Mei Yuzu and Harumin/also in the student council… I also got the impression that Harumin and her sister had a bigger age gap like 5+ years……. did I miss something or did Citrus+ retcon that/make a new plot hole?…

Because they use the honorific, "senpai," it's safe to assume that she is older than Mei, Yuzu, and Harumin, but younger than Micchan. The time line works out well if Harumin and Micchan are 4 years apart. That means that when she was a senior, MYH(Mei, Yuzu and Harumin) were 8th graders. Which makes me believe that Glasses is 2 years younger than Micchan, so Glasses would be a sophomore. Meaning that the gap between Micchan and MYH is 2 years. So let's draw this out with words:

Micchan is a senior, Glasses is a sophomore, MYH are 8th graders (next school year) Micchan graduates, Glasses is junior, MYH are freshmen [they have now entered high-school] and then (proceeding to the next school year) Glasses is senior, MYH are sophomores (next year) Glasses has graduated, MYH are juniors and things are lined up to the time period of Cirtus now, I think. Of course, I did this based on the U.S. school system, so if MYH are actually seniors and not juniors; my math still works, you can just shift my calculations from taking away 1 year from my initial calculated guess.

And just for fun: MYH are 17 years old, Micchan is 21, and Glasses is 19.

Nari
Image Comments 20 Dec 21:02
joined Sep 2, 2021
91049805_p0

Noelle! At this point I'm only shipping Lumine x Noelle, because of how adorable she is. Otherwise, Ayaka x Lumine all the way.

Nari
Image Comments 18 Dec 13:28
joined Sep 2, 2021
Curryuku-1458514797549477901-img1

I am glad with how far Curryuku has gone, this recommend this series because it is genuinely enjoyable.

Nari
Image Comments 18 Dec 13:24
joined Sep 2, 2021
94827767_p0

Sayu!! Is so goddamn cute.

Nari
Image Comments 18 Dec 13:23
joined Sep 2, 2021
94779797_p0

Precious smiles, God, don't ever take it away from us

joined Sep 2, 2021

Yes. The only reason why I'm calling Risa a bad person right now is because I don't know her perspective yet. That is why I can only assume she's bad. As of now, Yuni has badly written Risa.

Being written as a bad person - whether I agree with you on this point notwithstanding - is not the same as badly written though.

Yes... that was my point...

As someone who's polyamorous I would never even think of doing something like this to someone, this is just emotional manipulation, poly people aren't people who only crave for sex, intimacy is nice but to play around with others in that way is not, sure I would be going out with multiple people at the same time, consensually of course, but that doesn't mean I'm not tying myself up emotionally with any of them, I experience love in a different way than usual but it doesn't mean that I just want to fuck with other's just for my own pleasure. On another topic, love the artwork (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

THIS. Thank you. Like I don't know I just keep seeing Risa contradicting how you feel as a polyamorous person. Thats why it felt so wrong to label her polyamorous, because though she's straightforward she doesn't understand that Yuka isn't on the same page as her.

This is why the whole poly thing doesn't sit well to me, I know most aren't like this! But for me, well, I didn't like the first part much, this I liked even less. I guess it's because I am quite a monogamous girl. And still, people can have open relationships and all, but I think, it seems to me, you really should have some sort of arrangement made beforehand.

No hate for the polys! Just totally not for me, and certainly not like this girl does it!!! if she's even that.

Then again, it's the other girl's own choice to suffer here, if she doesn't like someone who sleeps around...breakup or go away or something ffs

FOR REAL. That's why it's also unfair to but all the blame on Risa(I kinda did that in the start) but it seems like this is a relationship where both aren't trying to understand one another. And Yuka is also being too much of a pushover, and decided that she wants to be with Risa even if it hurts her. That is frustrating!!

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 3:28PM

joined Sep 2, 2021

Not at all--the author is quite clear that Risa and Yuri are OK with their relationship going forward, even though it's complex and ambiguous.

But (some) readers are definitely not OK with that relationship, not because the author hasn't made it clear that it's the case, but because readers don't think the couple should be OK with that relationship, due to the bad behavior/unhealthy responses, etc. of the characters. The "mixed" reactions are to the behavior imagined as if it were happening in real life and outside the context established by the story.

The discussion immediately launched into a debate about which character was or was not a "horrible person," when it's clear that neither the author nor the characters in the story are at all concerned with that--the third or fourth comment here was simply, "disgusting."

Well, personally I think both Yuka and Risa are messed up one way or another. Well of course Yuka loves Risa, and she does want to proceed it's just she thinks Risa is still doing what she does back in the days(sleeping around) and it's clear she's not okay with it based on her saying she hates the thought of Risa being in some else's arms.

I think a lot of us, just like to see it as direct as possible. Because we fear the unknown, open endings or endings where we don't get a direct conclusion has always rubbed me the wrong way. I've read one-shots and stories where it seems like the feelings are one sided.

Where say it seems like person A is just going along with person B. And you never get to understand if person A loves person B; or person A is just feeling obligated too. Or in some cases readers know for sure that A and B got together, but something just felt off. It just feels like both parties aren't involved, and one is engaged but one isn't. And this just leaves to number of questions.

One of the most prime example is Historia x Ymir, viewers can tell that Ymir genuinely loved and cared for Historia. The problem was Historia, did she love Ymir, yes. But, was it romantic? Was it platonic? We don't know and we never got to know.

This is why we NEED Risa's perspective and understand her thoughts. Is she just bad? Is she just a tease? Is she reasonable? Is this story as realistic as we think it is?

The concept of "not all relationship is perfect," has been overdone so many times wrong—this isn't the first time mangakas has tried to put realistic concepts in romance. It's the fact that writers(just in general) thinks a "not perfect relationship," means one/both is/are people who aren't fitting with one another, but continues to "make it work" because they love one another. Like if the only thing keeping your relationship together is "making it work," then that is very unrealistic on many levels, if you want realism get on Luka Megurine's level of "Just be Friends." I can evaluate the whole song and music video if I have too, if you don't know the song I recommend that you listen to it and watch the music video. It's depressing enough to make me cry a river.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 12:37PM

joined Sep 2, 2021

Blastaar posted:

A battlefield I have no place to be in.

But there needs to be more comics like this,because normal romance was already thrown out the window in many,many,many,many other comics that you can find on this site.

The Dynasty forum "This Story Should Have Been Written So The People Are The Way I Like Them To Be" contingent is a mighty army--bright are their banners, and their pure-white armor gleams beneath the midday sun.

What is this comment doing besides inflaming a discussion that doesn't need to be?

I'm sorry--which forum rule does the post violate?

I didn't even know there was a forum rule. But I am in the discord, and here's what it says, very first rule: "Don't be a jerk, harass people, create or perpetuate drama, or any other of those things."

joined Sep 2, 2021

What are you talking about, "bad writing"? You disapprove of the character's represented behavior--full stop. The writing is "bad" in your view because the character should have been written so that you could "understand" (that is, approve of) their behavior.

If "analysis, perspective, and critic" means putting imaginary human beings onto an autopsy table in order to dissect which ones behave properly and which ones don't, knock yourself out.

The author in this case couldn't possibly make it any clearer that's quite irrelevant to this story.

Yes. The only reason why I'm calling Risa a bad person right now is because I don't know her perspective yet. That is why I can only assume she's bad. As of now, Yuni has badly written Risa. I don't need to approve of any of the character's behavior I just need to understand their perspective/characters so I can come to the right conclusions.

Analysis, perspective, and critics were meant to refer to readers themselves. We take the chapter, we read it. And we try to comprehend it in our perspective, and we have the rights to criticize when something that we don't like, because it falls out of line from our perspective and opinions.

I think you forget that others have different opinions in their* perspective. I've made it clear since day one that I've been assuming, and that I am a tad bit confused and ignorant.

Isn't this why people were trashing on Saburouta and Citrus so much? Because everyone, even Saburouta themself*, were confused on Mei's personality and perspective. Where Mei would sometimes be inconsistent/out of character based on a scene or two, and everyone would go ballistic if she doesn't do what they want her to do. When the fact is, no one just doesn't understand her(again even Sabu doesn't). I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT RISA.

Edit: If Yuni couldn't make it any more clearer then, in theory people shouldn't see Risa any other way. Wrong. Risa is still giving mix reactions, now of course people will always think differently from one another, but if Yuni has really written Risa well, the critics will still be mad but they will see that Risa's way of things had been justified. And right now, so much of us has not see that justification.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 11:02AM