Forum › Posts by RadiosAreObsolete

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm not sure about this one... I honestly didn't really understand what the story was about? It had this weird omegaverse vibe to me—what with her comments about giving in to her desires or whatever and this kind of magical instant connection—but at the same time it obviously wasn't supposed to be omegaverse? It was just weird. And I agree with a previous commenter about the ice queen thing, I am so tired of this trope...

But I mostly wanted to talk about the art, which I thought was kind of... awkward? You could easily tell that the artist had put a lot of time into studying clothing, but the faces didn't seem to be on the same level to me. I can't exactly say they were expressionless, but they seemed half-dead a lot of the time? It kind of gave me the feeling that the artist is trying way too hard to make the characters look beautiful, to the point where they look like porcelain dolls in some panels. Now, don't get me wrong, there were some really nice panels with well-done expressions (such as this one), but overall the faces and gestures felt very static and lifeless.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

LOL at the little axe on the last page

While I always find it sad when a series gets so abruptly axed, I can kind of understand why this particular one might not have done very well in sales... The writing was overall somewhat choppy and disjointed (to the point where I wouldn't find it completely unbelievable that this was how the writer intended to have the story end all along XD). I think it had the potential to be a whole lot better with some refinement.

joined Mar 6, 2021

Since this is one of those stories with low-effort ultra-specific titles, I'm gonna go ahead and comment on why this particular one doesn't work that well in my opinion.

When it comes to these types of titles, I expect the story to be exactly what the title suggests. However, I feel like this one was a bit misleading in that sense: when I read "Moving In with a Crossdressing Girl After a Breakup", I expect the moving in and crossdressing to be the main themes of the story. So I imagined that we would quickly get to the moving in part and then see how it goes from there. However, two thirds of the story where actually about her breakup and how she supposedly ruins her relationships by being overbearing. Granted, it didn't say living with a crossdressing girl, but I'd imagine the actual moving in would have been more important than the reason why she's now single. The whole moving in and crossdressing lasted only four pages, and we didn't really get to see anything about what happens after either. So how was the crossdressing even important? We could've had the same story without it and it would be pretty much the same.

(On a side note, the implication that she may somehow make her fall for her because she looks like a guy now seems a bit silly to me).

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Excuse me for this naive question, but... these girls are Kyou and Mion, right?
Who the eff is Daisy??

I asked myself the same question.

Perhaps Kyouko and Mion will live happily ever after—but at some point, after their marriage, they will adopt a doggie named Daisy who will later die and this explains the title?

You'd rather kill a puppy than have some school thots mess up their romance? You evil fiend! Have you no heart?

No one said anything about killing a puppy. It will be an old doggo that lived a long and fulfilling life before peacefully passing away in their sleep.

Jokes aside, I didn't like this very much. It felt very rushed, like I was reading a —rather awkwardly written— one-shot, instead of the first chapter in a series, but I can overlook this if it was meant as a prologue and we enter the main story in the next chapter.

Also, is it just me, or is Kyou a bit weird? I'm not sure if she was meant to appear this way, or if this simply isn't written very well, but a lot of the things she did weirded me out somewhat: first, the whole glasses thing (which unfortunately seems to be a staple of stories with girls with glasses), then confessing out of the blue in a very... aggressive (? Not the right word, but I can't think of a better one) way, then the stupid "I tried to make you jealous so that you'd love me more" and the ending scene where she seems to be going way too fast for the protagonist. She seems kind of... Possessive? Idk. And the whole thing is written in a way that I can't tell if it's just a poor use of the tropes of shy glasses girl and confident outgoing girl that sweeps her off her feet, or the beginnings of an unhealthy relationship.

Just to get this off my chest, I wanna restate how much I loathe the "you look good without your glasses" trope. Is this even something that people say in real life? And if yes, does anyone who wears glasses actually feel fluttered by that? I, for one, know that I would be pissed if someone told me that, it's not like I chose to wear glasses in the first place.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'd say this is one of those stories where the characters and interactions are obviously intentionally unrealistic, but I don't think it's been done in an entertaining way, rather it ends up being annoying. I get that the impossibility of it all is what's supposed to make it funny, but it simply doesn't work for me.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I wouldn't at all be tired of very reasonable discussions of what's actually in the comic like yours.

I suppose you're quite comfortable with people calling readers "pedo apologists" and accusing a very anodyne series of being "disgusting."

You've got a point there. I guess I tend to skip over comments that overreact like that, so when even more comments are added in response to those I find that the whole discussion gets derailed. But I can understand the need to respond to something that you may find insulting.

On the fetish topic, I think I kind of get where @daydream_dog94 is coming from. Like, it's obvious that the whole comic is playing on a bullying fetish, although I'm not sure how much of this is for the reader, and how much is simply because of the characters being the way they are.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm honestly getting more tired of the people complaining about the so-called "morality police" than the morality police themselves...

Anyway, I've never cared much for this manga (these kinds of short-chaptered comedic comics build solely on punchlines tend to feel repetitive and bland to me from some point on), so it doesn't really matter to me either way, whether something happens between Omichi and the little girl or not. However, I have to agree with the users who pointed out that the age difference is significant when it comes to children of those ages, and that children are generally aware of that. I remember as a child feeling quite self-conscious when hanging out with my four-year-older sister's friends, because they seemed so much more mature than me, as well as seeing younger kids as childish (lol).

Of course, the heart pounding thing could turn out to be admiration or whatever, who knows with this manga. I still don't think that would make the discussion irrelevant though, since the author is, I imagine, deliberately playing with the crush angle at the moment.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Also, who in the world reads fairytales at 16 years old?

I DO! I love studying mythology!

Well, okay then

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'll agree with the rest of the cynicism here. This was silly and unconvincing: I never felt like the girls really stopped to think about what they'd actually do, apart from dreaming about what they could do.

Maybe they have been dreaming for a while, and they have some cash saved up? This story is a bit vague, and there are quite a few cynical assumptions here.

Um, no. They literally talked about it for the first time the previous day.

I don't know if it's partly the fact that I didn't really have a particularly angsty adolescence, but I couldn't see this as anything more than a "teenage rebellion", with zero thought put behind it. And seeing as what's-her-name supposedly "run away from home"... to her family's second house, I find it hard to imagine that she'd be prepared to get an actual job. I can only see them lasting as long as whatever cash/jewelry the rich girl had with her could last them, and them returning home in a maximum of four days.

Also, who in the world reads fairytales at 16 years old?

Is it weird I though the one girl was a ghost? lol

I was about 90% sure she was a ghost who couldn't pass on until she fell in true love.

I think it was the fact that she was completely white. Plus her wearing that ridiculous hat which looked like it came from three decades earlier than (what I assume to be) a modern setting. Perhaps it would make for a more interesting story if she was, honestly.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm sorry but what is this even, I can't visually parse what's happening to her face

We're just looking at her profile. And there is a blush of sorts I guess (but no eyes or mouth lol)

last edited at Feb 10, 2023 5:30PM

joined Mar 6, 2021

It's literally just that, a mood problem. It doesn't know when to add the perfect kick, doesn't know when to slow down. I have never read the LN before, but I'm guessing the problems arise solely because the manga is a more condensed version of the novel itself.

Nah, I can assure you that the novel (the first one at least) is just as bad. The adaptation was actually quite faithful, the source material itself is the problem. I honestly find it sad that stories like this get adapted to multiple media, when there are much better writers with much more compelling and funny and sexy stories out there.

I'm getting tired of people dismissing criticism with "this is just fiction, you don't have to take it seriously". Fiction can and does impact people's view of reality. I've seen quite a few people confessing that movies and novels warping their view of romance contributed to them getting into abusive relationships, so maybe people should give it a second thought before dismissing any problematic elements in a work (that aren't even remotely addressed) as inconsequential, because "it is fiction". And what you said about the mood is exactly right: you can't pretend to make social commentary one moment and then play predatory behaviour off as a joke.

I suppose this is okay if someone simply wants to read some mindless smut, but I certainly don't think it's worth defending on any level and people commenting on how bad it is (myself included now, I guess XD) have good reasons to do so.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

This has started to leave a bad taste in my mouth...
It feels as though the author is trying to convince us that brand clothing isn't actually overpriced, but simply that much higher quality. I mean sure, they would be of higher quality, but would I still call it a scum? Yes, I probably would. Yet, our protagonist tries one pair of jeans and is so blown away that the price immediately seems reasonable. And that was on the 2nd episode; I thought I'd look past it at the time, but I feel like we're only getting more and more of these moments as the manga progresses.

Even though it was the contrast between the delinquent and the fancy environment that I found to be entertaining when I started this, it increasingly seems as though the protagonist is being presented as someone who needs to be "reformed" to properly appreciate "real", or "superior" fashion. They always talk about how she should see clothing as a way to express herself, yet her liking a jacket that reads "tiger spirit" or with a huge tiger on the back is ridiculous?

I don't know if the author wanted to show some general appreciation towards fashion and different styles, but what I'm getting here is fashion elitism.

RadiosAreObsolete
Cross Fire discussion 29 Dec 06:27
joined Mar 6, 2021

i find the dramatic tone from start to end really funny. Also the Toys tag takes me out

I found the whole thing with the gun incredibly funny. I just couldn't help thinking how easily she could fire the gun by accident and say goodbye to her "revenge" lol

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, so this might be a bit of a weird request and it's not even about manga at all... Anyway.

A while back someone here on Dynasty had commented on a series (That Time I was Blackmailed by the Class's Green Tea Bitch, maybe?), where there was mention of breath play, recommending a wlw fanfiction story on the topic. I'm fairly certain it was Riverdale fanfiction, but I could very well be wrong. I kinda wanted to revisit it, but I don't remember what it was called at all and I haven't even watched Riverdale so I have no idea what ship it was about to try and search for it (I think there might have been a Veronica, that name does ring a bell).

In case there are many breath play Riverdale fanfics, what I remember of the story is that two guys almost accidentally caused the one girl to drown when they were fighting(?) in a lake, and then there are some late night phone calls between her the protagonist supposedly to help her calm down, until it all turns to breath play in the end? lol

If anyone can point me to this I'd be very happy :)

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

In rare circumstances, the blacklist / whitelist feature can have unexpected consequences. Please contact us if you have troubles with this feature.

I love how ambiguous this statement is. Just what are the hidden dangers of the blacklist and whitelist features?? Lol

Sorry, I had nothing of actual importance to say here. Thank you for all the work you put into the site and have a good day :)

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

That being said, having to buy your own uniform, tools, gear, etc. is still a pretty common practice at smaller workplaces. Exploitative? Definitely. Welcome to capitalism, awwwww yeah! Enjoy your stay

That may be true, but it's important to note that in places where you're required to buy a uniform, normally you'd be able to keep it for a long time. Here, they're suggesting that the employees constantly change their wardrobes according to what the store has available at the time. And, as @Minran mentioned, they ensure that they will make profit out of it each time.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

yeah no like if you're going to force your employees to wear the store's clothes while on shift just give them the clothes to use like? It's incredibly exploitative to make them pay for it even at a 40% discount.

Yeah, the discount is so pretentious that it's almost embarrassing. If anything, I guess I could see it as somewhat acceptable if they were required to buy them at production cost (though @motormind is right in saying that the clothes should be provided to the employees if their own are considered unsuitable). I can't believe how this was basically brushed off with the entrance of the other characters. It was so horribly exploitative that I now can barely remember what happened in the following one and a half chapters, because this is stuck in my mind.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one bothered by this, this was not something to be simply brushed off like that, and you all make valid points.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tiger_hummingbird_ch03#9
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tiger_hummingbird_ch03#10
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tiger_hummingbird_ch03#11
This whole policy angered me so much that I just had to come and comment on it, without even having finished the chapter yet.

Okay, finished the two chapters, they were fun.

Now, going back to this policy: I find it appalling that they're demanding the employees buy the store's clothes—and from what I'm getting they'd have to get new clothes all the time, in order to keep up with what the store offers. This is a waste of money as well as a waste of clothing. Unless the salaries are so generous that the store's ultra-expensive stuff is actually affordable, it's a horrible and unfair policy, even if I can understand the reasoning behind it.

last edited at Nov 21, 2022 10:43AM

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

also everyone is calling evie dense but she was literally drugged no shit she's going to attribute the feelings she just started experiencing after being drugged to being drugged

I think it's safe to say that she didn't just start experiencing these feelings...

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021
Brmameng-1582745326514905088-img1

Not Biting

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

That was cute.
I really liked the blond girl's design, she looked so much like a real human? It's remarkable how the artist managed to capture such human-like expressions, without really having a realistic artstyle. Usually, I have a hard time imagining manga characters as real people (appearance-wise), but this here? I can imagine exactly what this person would look like in real life, and that's just cool. Also, cutesy blonde eyebrows are a plus. I would love it even more if they gave her blonde eyelashes, but I'll take what I can get.

last edited at Oct 20, 2022 4:19PM

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I can't bring myself to root for Karin, because of her appearance. Yes, she's quite likeable, but I find that she looks too similar to Mei, so I don't really like them together (there have even been panels where I was confused as to who was who for a moment). I get that this shouldn't be important—and it wouldn't be, in real life—but this is a manga, so aesthetics matter to me.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Edit: I kind of disagree with Gelert_Xross. If vampires had to kill humans to stay alive, I don't really think it would be immoral of them to do so. There's an extremely NSFW (and het) manga that explores this idea with succubi called I Was Rejected By The Succubus President (it's actually pretty good IMO, though I've only read the first volume).

are you dissagreaing with the idea of not being immoral from the point ov view of a monster?? cuz that’s what apmost all monsters in fiction think when it comes to eating humans to survive, and I almost allways take the human side, ofc if the monster or in this case the vampiers don’t kill humans to live then it’s ok, tho in this setting I get that vampiers do some time kill humans and as always we get the Human Vs Monster kind of situation, were there ain’t blank and white :3

So are you vegan, or...?
You seem to be forgetting that most humans do actually eat other animals. And that includes the humans you almost always side with in fiction. I think it is your bias as a human being speaking here.

joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, I get that it's a joke, but I can't help but think, isn't Narita airport named after the city? So, technically, it's unlikely that he would be named after the airport itself (not that he would be named after the city, but still).

RadiosAreObsolete
Anime season 06 Oct 16:42
joined Mar 6, 2021

Ending spoilers
I mean, I already went into how I disliked the whole story, but the way they set up for a continuation was especially appalling. Majima surviving a fall from, like, literally 1000 feet high is such bad writing. Give me a break! I have zero investment in the plot when it continuously does this.

Nothing against you not liking the show cause that's totally valid but I don't know why you expect realism given Chisato casually dodges machine gun bullets and Majima surviving an almost point blank explosion previously already. Have you seen John Wick? Pretty sure he survived some five hundred feet building fall and you don't see him dodging bullets the way Chisato does. You're expecting the show to give you something it never promised you.

That's a fair point, but given that Chisato supposedly had a "gift" that allowed her to do that and that everyone else seems to die more or less normally, it is a bit silly that only Majima somehow survives every damn thing, so I kinda get where the op is coming from.

On a somewhat unrelated note, the mention of bullets also reminded me of the fake bullets that Chisato used and can I just say that those seemed like the most useless thing? Like, I get that the whole point was that they shouldn't simply take anybody's life, but I couldn't help but think that: (a) there was literally no reason for anyone to drop unconscious the way they often did when they were shot, and (b) the amount of times someone was put in danger because of these damn fake bullets being useless and not taking enemies out was absurd and actually had me thinking they'd be better off killing them. I mean, the "injure but don't kill" policy made some sense but those things offered no protection and constantly put their team in danger.