Forum › Posts by Himeji

joined Jul 28, 2020

Somehow the premise of Misumi's manga sounds more like a "Tsukarekitta"-style stalker romantic comedy than anything edgy, what with the misunderstanding element, but seeing Aizawa say "Emo" was very funny.

I'm starting to like the Pink Savio-I mean, Madorami, she goes to such silly extremes just to troll Aizawa that she ends up coming across as a pitiful Saturday-morning cartoon villain.

Himeji
Naturies discussion 19 Jul 11:50
joined Jul 28, 2020

The "He is the MC of a normal heterosexual story!" line made me wonder if this was a belated April's Fools joke TL.

Great story with charming art, but most importantly, Red was very cute.

last edited at Jul 19, 2021 12:07PM

joined Jul 28, 2020

"I don't think about wanting to do this with my mother"
Freud didn't like that.

Himeji
joined Jul 28, 2020

I like how she tries to be smug but also blushes at the end.

Himeji
joined Jul 28, 2020

I'm surprised that the simulation didn't crash again while they were holding hands, apparently that kind of lewd stuff was already programmed and bug-tested.

joined Jul 28, 2020

The wonders of friendship aside, I got to commend how adorable Xian Jun makes Tongtong look all the time, the art gives her a "cute lost puppy" vibe that combined with her interesting backstory/development makes for a compelling character to read about.

joined Jul 28, 2020

Relaire making a Joey face caught me off-guard, I never expected it to so add much to every chapter just by being on Rei's head, specially compared to the novel.
Cutest slime must be protected.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 21 Jun 16:13
joined Jul 28, 2020

Seeing the fish dry up and lose their scales was sad, this truly should be called "Yoru to Miscommunication".
Angst aside, I love all the times that Aya calls Yano 'Tsukiko-kun', it has such a nice ring to it.

Himeji
Image Comments 19 Jun 12:18
joined Jul 28, 2020
Eejkrdhkb3cvefd2n3ffofhnedbmyulgodf0oxq2dunss3bsdzvjk2pxk2xys3btb2m1be9npt0

E-Fa-Dorn always delivers (even if they were swayed by RosMiya lately).
At least we still have the cute MVs they drew for this ship.
https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1t7411f7xE?from=seopage

joined Jul 28, 2020

At least Madorami understands Ai's passion, in a way.
And lol that Jujutsu Kaisen imagine spot was anything but subtle, although I'm surprised that DefinitelyNotGojou got shipped with an Itadori spoof instead of, say, a Getou spoof.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 17 Jun 15:36
joined Jul 28, 2020

Poor slug, it just wanted a quiet life without being poked.

joined Jul 28, 2020

Mako is simply normal-sized.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 15 Jun 10:55
joined Jul 28, 2020

Hard to blame Aya for immediately thinking "Vampire!", the tomato juice sealed it.
The fact that Yano hadn't been exposed as a die-hard fish fan before this surprised me, I forgot that people don't see the floating sealife.

I hope that Mei-chan can get over her issues in the few chapters left.

joined Jul 28, 2020

She's based on the Dendrobates azureus, hence her JP name being Azureus instead of Blue Poison.

joined Jul 28, 2020

blue dragons are hermaphrodites and their male reproductive organs have evolved to be especially large and hooked

Accidentally seeing a picture of two IRL glauci having sex while Googling is a memory that I still want to remove from my brain with bleach.

Anyway, that was some god-tier redrawing with the SFX, the final "slip" dealt a critical hit.
It's crazy that nowadays you can see art of these two regularly outside of Lofter/Weibo. Their appearance together in the latest event and BP getting a skin did wonders to the ship's popularity.
I'm still sad that Hypergryph retconned BP being the one who invited Glaucus to Rhodes (along with many other aspects of Glaucus' backstory) though.

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 6:43PM

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 13 Jun 20:10
joined Jul 28, 2020

Oof, Yano was doing great, only to end up raising an even bigger wall. Would have been nice to actually see Aya rolling on the ground and throwing a tantrum.

Himeji
Image Comments 12 Jun 17:43
joined Jul 28, 2020
Maidwithbenefits2

Definitely married, blessed PareChu.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 05 Jun 18:11
joined Jul 28, 2020

Great chapter, the vampire/starry night motifs that Aya's POV has tends to get drowned by how visually imposing Yano's fish visions are, so it was nice to see a bigger contrast through a character who views others as "jewels" who require polishing.
I hope we'll get a chapter for Love Brain girl and her flowers, they looked like Tulips, which in Hanakotoba would be either one-sided love (yellow) or fame/charity/trust (red). There's no color to be sure, but I'll bet they are yellow since she's Love Brain girl.
Incidentally, feeling the clash in the transition from inorganic jewels to scattered flowers made me realize how lucky Yano and Aya are that the latter's swimming fixation matches the former's fish fixation in a way.

Himeji
joined Jul 28, 2020

So floating water managed to be weird even for everyone's standards, huh.
And it looks like sensei is back to making her doughnuts/tori, I'm glad.

"We won't die just because we don't eat"
What a line.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 02 Jun 18:59
joined Jul 28, 2020

Fish-head Aya is best Aya.
And the amount of body language during Yano's discussion with her teacher was impressive, I always enjoy seeing the different ways in which Tsukiko expresses herself while keeping the same (-_-) face.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 7:02PM

Himeji
joined Jul 28, 2020

I feel like this had a better execution than the "twins struggling to be the same' yuri stories where they actually are, you know, twins.
Surprisingly great.

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 30 May 22:41
joined Jul 28, 2020

...Why the hell did i feel so happy for tsukiko getting mad?
Well, anyway, this chapter felt really special, nice, it resolved everything so easily but we immediately got into something less cliché and more interesting. I ain´t a literature genius so i won´t say this is genius, but, it is genius

Tsukiko getting openly mad is a nice contrast compared to the first time that Utsumi used the word "doll", back then she could only be confused by her own frustration. It seems that Aya hasn't been able to progess much though...

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 30 May 21:42
joined Jul 28, 2020

Well, that was a very "Yoru to Umi" way to solve the transfer issue, nothing happened and yet everything happened at the same time.
Hopefully Utsumi will stop putting her foot in her mouth before Tsukiko regrets her choice, but given how her lack of filter was firmly stablished in the second chapter, Utsumi's odds look tough.

last edited at May 30, 2021 9:50PM

Himeji
Yoru to Umi discussion 27 May 21:16
joined Jul 28, 2020

I appreciate how despite there being other stories with the bubbles and fish motif, like "A monster wants to eat me" or "A tropical fish yearns for snow", this one encapsulates an oniric vibe with its imaginary elements that really makes it feel as if the reader were viewing everything through Tsukiko's hallucination-laden perspective, and at the same time emphasizes the idea that everything is foreign to her.

Who needs LSD when you see weird floating fish everywhere.

Himeji
Image Comments 24 May 22:12
joined Jul 28, 2020
E0tztpzuya40zfy-orig

Those matching earrings sure are aesthetic, cute.