Forum › Posts by EmergentLurker

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I'm honestly suprised that Japan of all places has a Chinatown district.

How does that work? Do they have a little Italy too. I'm very confused. I thought 95% of the Japanese population was well Japanese, how are there enough immigrants for such a disttict?

joined Aug 1, 2019

I'm pretty sure that baking experimental psychoactive drugs into cookies is a great way to have your license revoked and potentially get jail time.
Really questioning that decision here.

I mean it was cute, so I guess I can let it slide.

joined Aug 1, 2019

This might be cute but I don't care how cute you are, if someone steals my lunch I consider that a death sentence.

EmergentLurker
Yuru Oyako discussion 18 Oct 19:04
joined Aug 1, 2019

No one going to address how the girls FATHER trued to get her MOTHER to choose between the two. That is kinda a terrifying occurrence to me.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I found this cute. But I can't help but feel like it's a little creepy with the whole dating your boss thing. I just see too many problems that could crop up to be completely comfortable with it.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Yay an opportunity to use science to make people uncomfortable.

Tree man disease is a real thing, it's scientific name is called Epidermodysplasia verruciformis and it is fucking horrible, look it up if you wanna feel uncomfortable. This has been your disturbing tidbit of the day.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

A lot of the responses Saeko shows make me concerned, they scarily line up with family abuse survivors.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Welp that was depressing.
Great now I'm sad, thanks.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Make your love better by doing a human design course... https://understandinghumandesign.com

Is this an advertisement? Get outta here with that!

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

How did she not realize she was the idol? She literally had her picture next to her face and didn't work it out.

I feel like I'm missing something.

joined Aug 1, 2019

This news troubles me. Is everything going alright there on the administration/technical end of things?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I am just getting constantly distracted by Reiichi's disproportionate body structure, it's really annoying. It's like his whole body has been stretched and I hate looking at it.

I don't remember this occurring earlier, did I just overlook it or did the artist forget how to draw him?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

That story felt like it lacked any sort of actual direction. What was supposed to happen?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Plot twist: the other girls can also see love arrows.

And other people have arrows that see who is hungry, angry, and hangry.

But it's really easy to see those 3 without the arrows.

joined Aug 1, 2019

Oh so that’s how she got the scars. I thought she was being physically abused

Nah only mentally.

joined Aug 1, 2019

Supposedly childhood scars don't grow and scale as you grow up, they'll remain about the same size. But I got this factoid from Detective Conan of all places, not the best source.

Just checked this, it apparently depends on the scars size, location, severity & how the body processes the collagen replacement. So I guess it does sometimes.

EmergentLurker
Our Time discussion 02 May 18:26
joined Aug 1, 2019

How does the curse adress divorce though?

Would she evaporate when asked or after signing the paperwork? Or is it a loophole where nothing happens?

How does a curse apply to a legal contract?

I have so many questions and none of them have been answered!

last edited at May 2, 2020 6:28PM

EmergentLurker
Gemini discussion 25 Apr 11:17
joined Aug 1, 2019

I'm bored, this is tangentially related and not well known so Imma just mention the Westermarck effect. It's the reason why people find incest gross incase anyone is wondering.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

This seems to roughly follow IRL time, so I wonder if there's gonna be quarantine chapter.

Ripped From The Headlines is kind of a bad creative form tbh.

And if it's anything like reality also pretty boring.

joined Aug 1, 2019

I personally find it refreshing that an isekai protagonist placed magically into a political position of power is forced to gasp do their job.

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 07 Apr 19:31
joined Aug 1, 2019
Metalbat

So far I've only seen the 1st seasons of Railgun & Index so I'm not sure what happens afterwards.

Funnily enough I did like Touma's character before they pulled the amnesia bullshit. He was snarky back then and just instantly became a boring push over.

Why do this?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I mean female sperm is a thing so it's not that far off really. It's really bloody complicated though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_sperm

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 01 Apr 09:25
joined Aug 1, 2019
Euh6qvmuwaacdyz-orig

This is soooo cuuuute.

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 01 Apr 09:24
joined Aug 1, 2019
Jqaluec

^^^
Same here.

I think it has something to do with most OC's being underaged self-inserts with a name change which always feels awkward to me.

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 01 Apr 09:20
joined Aug 1, 2019
Tumblr_ovi45g6o7o1ru00pmo1_1280

This is a really nice image.

But not gonna lie the underlying context makes me uncomfortable.