Forum › Posts by Sanya Juutilainen

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Why did that ending in combination with Yori-chan made me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLGHyr4U11c ?

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Uta may have been a hetero before she fell in love with kaoru... I know a person who was married and had 2 children, building a house and on a trip, falling in love with another woman around her and dropping everything, veridical!
The truth of a day is not necessarily the truth of tomorrow ^^

Sexual orientation doesn't change. Maybe being in denial and finally snapping.

Sexual orientation doesn't change, but it's not necessarily denial. Sometimes you just don't meet the right person to allow you to realize.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

So it just sort of stopped? Actually weird how the "we can't swap" thing seemed like it was going to lead up to some big dramatic revelation but then... didn't

People are saying that it looks like it got axed, but I'm not sure that's the case: While the number of unfinished plot threads could be a symptom of cancellation, they could also be evidence that the author just didn't have a plan for anything and decided to call it quits before completely running out of ideas

So, an enjoyable series right up until it abruptly stops. Don't regret reading it, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it

That would be a fairly surprising super-ultra-hyper-writer's block, as there were quite a few new pairings that could be explored into a bit of depth, the author showed before that he isn't afraid of this with Akiho and Fuyumi. The logical candidates for this were both Yume/Satsuki and Ayu/Tomoyo, where both of these pairs offer different dynamics than any other pairings explored so far.

And really, even if we went with what we have now and didn't go into deeper exploration of new pairs, extending what we got and doing it in the same pace for another volume is something basically any mangaka can do, especially considering they have editors overviewing them.

I'd search for more, but my lack of fluency in Japanese kinda limits me. All I can find is that the manga ended in April and got its last tankoubon instantly (which might be usual, dunno). Won't ask Tomekichi, as that would be rude.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

This got pretty clearly axed, which is kinda sad. My guess is around half of the last volume. It's reaaaaaally visible that author had some arcs planned for drama and explanations and had to just cram them in the last few chapters, where one or two more volumes would suit it more

I am not even angry over the ending, since it's very open towards the future in yuri-positive way, more sad for the author...

Sanya Juutilainen
New Game discussion 29 Jul 04:57
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Ahhh, girls, I feel you all. Development team life is tough orz

Sanya Juutilainen
New Game discussion 23 Jul 16:54
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Nice sparkling, Aoba-chan, Manbagi would be proud of you!

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Obviously, I knew they weren't goingto do THAT, but I am disappointed to get, yet another, nothing chapter.

Err, I think you missed the point? Most are happy with this because it has a lot more meaning and development than just another groping or teasing session. It is FAR from a nothing chapter lol. It actually shows how much she really cares and sees her and not just wants to selfishly cop a feel.

I didn't expect, or even really want, a grouping or reading chapter. This chapter though, didn't have anything we haven't seen before, we didn't learn anything new about the characters. Their relationship is in exactly the same place it was before this debacle. It was simply fluff.

I beg to disagree, it shows how much Hino-san cares about Koguma and it shows even deeper how much Koguma trusts Hino.

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

So. Cute.

Please, let it stay this way. I wasn't really convinced by the first chapter, but it just keeps better and better~

Sanya Juutilainen
Slow Start discussion 05 Jun 05:08
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

So the T-shirt they wear on the cover only appear on the last strip of the last (numbered) chapter ? I feel cheated

There still needs to be the event itself, we'll probably get more ww

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

That newspaper showed a gay wedding! Nice. Wonder if those characters are from another work.

I looked it up, “Eilanya” apparently refers to Eila and Sanya from Strike Witches, which I’ve heard is a fairly gay show but I haven’t seen it to be sure.

Edit: There’s a decent amount of them on here
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/eila_x_sanya

It is that and it's fairly lovable. The nickname I use refers to Sanya "as if" married.
If I am not mistaken, Kinniku did a few fanarts of the pairing too.

last edited at May 16, 2019 8:40AM

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Collarbones? Koguma, you lewd, lewd girl!

Edit: Also, Eilanya wedding? I approve wholeheartedly!

last edited at May 16, 2019 1:50AM

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Awaken, my Koguma!

JoJo music plays

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

Silly Koguma, you can't measure your top size while wearing a bra!

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

I know this has nothing to do with the content of them getting/being together, but a line of text in this chapter got me thinking: are there any bridges that cross over oceans? I know some cross seas and channels, but is there a bridge that crosses an entire ocean?

How does Japanese vocabulary distinguish between “sea” and “ocean”? Because obviously there are some enormous bridges crossing the Inland Sea.

English often doesn’t make much of that distinction outside of technical contexts, and idiomatically, “Bridges over rivers and seas” strikes me as a bit awkward, or at least no less awkward than “oceans.”

I think the extra "over rivers and seas" is there only because originally, without seeing the kanji (in speech, that is), the word has multiple meaning - hashi (bridge, 橋) can easily be chopsticks (箸) as well. It's like:

"I like looking at pupils"
"Pupils?"
"Like circular pupils in eyes"

as in these examples tend to be fairly weird and literal by themselves, in an effort to clarify better.

Sanya Juutilainen
Yuri Moyou discussion 08 Apr 08:59
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

You think their parents will ever be brought up?

Both mothers? Possibly so.