Forum › Posts by BlairYi

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

I’m also looking for this super retro yuri manga where there’s this woman who loves her best friend. But the best friend already has a man. That doesn’t stop her and they kinda get together in the end. If you need more details: It is also explained in earlier chapters that she learned about lesbian sex by having relationships with other women. She has black hair and I believe her friend had lighter hair... Been looking for this for a very long time

Maybe this?
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/indigo_blue

Nope, the one I am looking for is super retro. In the super old quill pen manga style from way back when. Thank you for the link though, this manga seems good too!

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

No not the Frozen reference xD (jk it’s pretty random and funny)

And also, is it just me, or is Uta’s hairpin really bothering me? It makes her look much younger than she is. I would have gotten rid of that hairpin and gave her longer hair to suit her maturity.

I have never in my life heard the claim that long hair makes you look more mature. And hairpins are normal for any age group.

PS: There is an EDIT button. If you use it you won't have to quadruple post.

Quadruple post where?... there’s only one. And I never expected anyone to agree with me lol. I am honest and have to say that hairpin is a bit ugly. But it’s ok if you don’t mind it. Not forcing anyone to think like me to begin with? Which is why I posed it as a rhetorical question?...

Anyway I’m a character designer and entertainment painter so things like that I am just picky with. I mean no harm in being so though.

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 10:19AM

joined Mar 28, 2019

ahhh yes, the classic
Girl A:im going somewhere faraway, i wonder if she will be lonely?
Girl B:im really lonely but i must not show that to girl A so she wont be worried and leave any regrets behind
Girl B:proceeds to show how happy she is for Girl A
Girl A:Completely misunderstood Girl B's intention and assumes that no one cares about her leaving

why must you do this

Ahh teenagers... so many misunderstandings lol

P much. And let's be fair to Koyuki here - she's facing the always-daunting life milestone of "leaving the nest" and isn't exactly a person with a solid grasp of her own feelings in the first place.

I think the person above was just being humorous, not serious at all so I just joked back lol

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 10:05AM

joined Mar 28, 2019

why can't this happen to me irl smh
where are all the older soft butches with nice apartments and endless money?!

They don't exist hon. I've been looking for one for myself to no avail. They're a myth, like unicorns and communism

Well there’s Ellen lol but she’s already taken :(

joined Mar 28, 2019

Well let's throw my two cents in and see if I get mauled by the professionally offended.
The way I understood it was that the girls were very close, the guy confessed first and they ended up dating. However Ichika was far more comfortable with the Ritsu. Ritsu struggles with her sexuality and guilt and like most teenagers gave into her hormones. That kiss is what starts Ichika questioning, she's upset it was done sneakily but she was also happy because she loves Ritsu, this led her to feeling guilty and struggling with her own sexuality as she is dating the guy. Seeing this the Ritsu thinks it's best to make Ichika hate her and then leave her and the guy alone. Eventually the Ichika comes to terms with her feelings and makes a decision, she and the Ritsu have mutual feelings and get together. The guy accepts this because he wants them both to be happy.
The ending is a bit too neat and tidy and I think the author should've spent more time fleshing out the reasons and consequences but ultimately it comes down to the fact that the girls are homosexual, the guy never stood a chance because she was never actually attracted to him. She went out with him because that was "normal".
So that my view... please be civil if you disagree.

Yep, I agree, even the guy notices at the beginning that Ichika seems to want to hang out with Ritsu over watching him practice. and they are also childhood friends. All three of them I mean. Maybe that’s why the guy was just totally cool with Ichika choosing Ritsu. He didn’t want the three of them to break apart.

I think the angsty part really shows that kids and teens don’t know much about homosexuality so they are confused whether they can accept it or not I guess.

joined Mar 28, 2019

ahhh yes, the classic
Girl A:im going somewhere faraway, i wonder if she will be lonely?
Girl B:im really lonely but i must not show that to girl A so she wont be worried and leave any regrets behind
Girl B:proceeds to show how happy she is for Girl A
Girl A:Completely misunderstood Girl B's intention and assumes that no one cares about her leaving

why must you do this

Ahh teenagers... so many misunderstandings lol

joined Mar 28, 2019

BlairYi posted:

Is Fragtime a good manga? So many people have been telling me to avoid it, but getting a lil curious now.

It's good. Just tells different kind of story.

Ok thanks! Will check it out

joined Mar 28, 2019

I had my doubts, but I'm sure Micchan will be a thing in this story, not sure if she's gonna end up stealing Sachan from Ayane or Ayane would pass away leaving the way clear for Micchan step in

Micchan is totally in love with Ayame now, I think. At least she has the hots for her (lust, like how she looked at her fingers, and the shampoo, and etc there's a lot of hints)

Micchan is actually in love with Sana. It seems like she hates Ayame for some reason (most likely bc she felt that she took Sana away from her) but is not sure why. Whenever she is holding Sana’s hand or is close to her, she blushes or shows signs she cares deeply for Sana.

Ayame poses her a question at the end of ch 8 and asks if there’s really anyone who doesn’t make her heart race. And after Sana smiles and holds her hand, Micchan blushes and looks at her in a daze.

joined Mar 28, 2019

While I am super into gender fluid stories, I have to be completely honest and state that I did not enjoy the preachy moments at all. I will tell you this—a story, any story—is strongest if there’s subtlety in a way issues are addressed. Meaning, ‘show’ (not tell or extensively explain n’ ramble on) the reader what is going on that can be seen as prejudice. Showing what is going on is more effective, realistic, and not in your face. Simply showing relatable events is much better than having someone constantly lecture and preach what people are supposed to think.

I am a lesbian; however, I get incredibly annoyed if other members of the LGBTQ+Binary attack everyone who says they don’t know what something means. Which is why all this preaching was kind of annoying to see.

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

This probably is less about Uta and more about maintaining her status quo.

Yeah, that might make a lot of sense too. I guess I can’t exactly pinpoint this character because she rarely expresses her own voice at this point.

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

Wow Chapter 11 is great. It’s finally getting into the good parts. It’s finally giving me what I wanted in this series. And darn the black haired girl has gone through a much better transformation! Love her new hair.

The dudes in this are the worst though. What makes me angry is that they are very accurate to a good amount of dudes in real life.

joined Mar 28, 2019

Shiba and brutally honest girl to the rescue.

Aye, the best therapy dog

Yes, I need my own Emotional Support Shibe

Haha me too ☺️

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

I give this story a 5/5 for most accurately and honestly describing real life relationships lmao xD

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 12:07AM

joined Mar 28, 2019

Anyone looking for South Korean translators? I am available to translate webtoons or Korean manhwas. Shoot me a reply right away

joined Mar 28, 2019

Shiba and brutally honest girl to the rescue.

Aye, the best therapy dog

joined Mar 28, 2019

Sometimes birthdays, blood types, and zodiac signs are mentioned because there’s surprisingly a great amount of people who love superstition or guessing/sussing out a character’s personality or motivations. It’s there to make astrologers and fans of astrology jizz, pretty much xD

But imo giving away a person’s personality through zodiac signs can kill a story. Because you are giving away what kind of character they are gonna be. As a reader I have more fun trying to figure out what a character is like. Zodiac sign assigned personalities to me is the laziest form of characterization.

last edited at Mar 28, 2019 11:49PM

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

I’m also looking for this super retro yuri manga where there’s this woman who loves her best friend. But the best friend already has a man. That doesn’t stop her and they kinda get together in the end. If you need more details: It is also explained in earlier chapters that she learned about lesbian sex by having relationships with other women. She has black hair and I believe her friend had lighter hair... Been looking for this for a very long time

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 8:07AM

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

BeehivesandCherries posted:

I’m looking for the one where this girl with curly hair is a college student and hides after accidentally listening in on the lesbian girl being confessed to. She gets found out because of her damn ringtone giving her away. They find her and the lesbian thanks her for the save. They become “friends”. One day they go out to a mixer but the lesbian has a fever and end up going home. The girl realizes she cares so much about the lesbian chick because she is in love.

I was even re-reading it recently.

Omg guys I love you both. I was looking for the same thing! Thanks for the link.

joined Mar 28, 2019

I love Momono Moto’s artwork. Her characters look very pretty.

However, I can’t love Asami. As a creative I find it difficult to forgive creatives who plagiarize and steal from a family. If I were the MC I would be livid to the point of wanting vengeance.

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

i wish the author would introduce a new love interest for Uta, this girl deserves some happiness. Kaoru at this point just pisses me of with her insensitivity

Yeah, but Kaoru can’t do anything about it anytime soon because she thought of Uta as family and she is still hopelessly in love with that cheating brother. If anyone, I hate the brother the most for agreeing to marry her. Now he’s making her miserable while he’s going off on “trips” to screw Miss Boobybombs.

Anyway, yeah I think this relationship is one that needs time because she just found out now that Uta is serious about being in love with her. I think she is just massively afraid of having hurt Uta’s feelings, rather than being insensitive.

BlairYi
joined Mar 28, 2019

No not the Frozen reference xD (jk it’s pretty random and funny)

And also, is it just me, or is Uta’s hairpin really bothering me? It makes her look much younger than she is. I would have gotten rid of that hairpin and gave her longer hair to suit her maturity.

last edited at Mar 28, 2019 10:57PM

BlairYi
Enough discussion 28 Mar 22:37
joined Mar 28, 2019

It seems to me they were a couple, but one changed and decided to live a life in which she could get married and have a kid. This happens a lot in the LGBT world, in which guys and girls choose to be married straight for convenience like money, honor, and children.

BlairYi
Forum Rules 28 Mar 22:29
joined Mar 28, 2019

There is a user called primalyossi who is a major arse to people on this forum. It’s happened since last week I think. I think they should be removed imo.

Also, there are CERTAIN other users who are causing drama over petty things. People have opinions. Deal with it. You’re probably in your 20s and 30s and maybe 40s, and it’s pathetic you act like so.

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 3:47AM

joined Mar 28, 2019

Is Fragtime a good manga? So many people have been telling me to avoid it, but getting a lil curious now.

joined Mar 28, 2019

I miss Konatsu. All these latest chapters were focused solely on Koyuki and there isn't even that much of a progress. Aren't they both MCs?

Yes they are. I think the mangaka is trying to keep this as realistic as possible and develop the two MCs as much as she can.

last edited at Mar 28, 2019 10:19PM