Forum › Posts by Sakuraboshi

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I loved this manga at first, then started to hate it when the drama tag appeared, then started to like it a bit...
It's technically a "telenovela" at this point and I don't know how to feel about it anymore.
I still hope for a romance and the author saying "I didn't called it a yuri manga because it would have been an spoiler" but I'll be content with just a happy ending without any kind of romance.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Wow, this manga is super cute and I think is the first time I read a manga treating muteness (or it was mutism?) without deafness included.
My nephew is mute because she had a surgery when she was still a newborn, but her hearing is perfect.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

What a nice surprise seeing them, I really miss waiting one month for a new chapter.
But still, we had a future new anthology coming, including an extra chapter from Nakatani Sensei.

I still don't think they are in an top/bottom relationship, but a switch one where sometimes Touko leads and other times is Yuu.
Top/Bottom dynamics are good for NSFW one-shots, but for a full series, I see it more like a switch is better to avoid it being seen as a "heterosexualized" relationship (example: "who wears the pants in the relationship?")

last edited at Dec 13, 2019 8:25AM

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

The MC seems to be very close with her brother for her to accept doing whatever the other girl asks her, maybe just admiration for him, or a childhood promise.
And the teacher have a dark aura, I hope she doesn't have bad intentions and only is weird..

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

So, based on the comments we have a pregnant bisexual(?) girl abused by her husband who decides to cheat with her former girlfriend
(Don't know if the cheating part is true tho).

Usually, I hate the class S trope of "lesbian till adulthood because marriage with men is more important", because they ignore the existence of bisexuality, but I will give this manga a try.

Sakuraboshi
1 x ½ discussion 14 Nov 07:38
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I don't know if someone else commented about this (not gonna check 2000 comments), but Taiyaki did an small interview last year with a Latin American girl about her manga and her life. (it's in Spanish).
https://www.facebook.com/cynthiarth/posts/entrevista-a-taiyaki-sensei-mangaka-yurihace-unas-semanas-tuve-la-oportunidad-de/905889882869456/

Some important points:
Basically, she's a lesbian mangaka who started with Touhou and Saki fanarts. The first yuri she read was Marimite.
Her thoughts at first about writing an incest mother-daughter manga were similar to others: "it's strange/repugnant" but she also said that it's funny to make/read. She also loves age-gap stories.
What inspired her to write this manga was the novel "My man" (Watashi no Otoko) from Kazuki Sakuraba.
Her relationship with her mother is normal.
She doesn't care "that much" about piracy in other languages besides Japanese because she wants others to read her works, but it's a legal problem that must be resolved between the fans and the mangaka and that's the reason she's publishing the manga in other languages. She wants to publish it in Spanish too in a future.
She also talked about Citrus, Latin America and a what was her favorite work.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Oh, I like this artist, they have another manga called "Schadenliebe" with the same girls (or very similar) with a similar plot but a bit darker.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Can we just enjoy the gags and comedy and not go over pointless arguments.

Oh, sorry if I started an argument, I wasn't trying to do it by the way, I just thought they didn't understood me (let's be honest, my English sucks)

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Some pages are out of virgins. Err, I mean, out of order.

Mh, so virginity only counts het-sex. Might be conveniently heteronormative for once ^^

Well, having in mind that she's hundred of years old, it's quite possible that she doesn't understand how the modern world works, and the protagonist is very innocent so she might not know either.

Homosexuality isn't exactly modern lol. My take is that she is a 100 years unicorn, what is probably really Young for a unicorn and she doesn't know how everything works exactly.

I know that homosexuality isn't modern, what I was trying to say it's related to the heteronormative where people in the past only considered penetrative sex as sex, and only when it was performed by a man with a woman or a man with another man.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Some pages are out of virgins. Err, I mean, out of order.

Mh, so virginity only counts het-sex. Might be conveniently heteronormative for once ^^

Well, having in mind that she's hundred of years old, it's quite possible that she doesn't understand how the modern world works, and the protagonist is very innocent so she might not know either.

Still, all the crap behind "virginity = purity" makes me sick and wish for future manga to avoid it (or touch it in a realistic, non misogynist way).
At least this manga have an excuse as unicorns in mythology require a girl who never had any sexual encounter.

Sakuraboshi
Dear NOMAN discussion 04 Oct 12:42
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Should this manga have the Drama tag or is still too early?
This chapter reminded me a bit of Mahoutsukai no Yome and the Ulthar's curse arc

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

It should be obvious that there are straight women reading yuri (and straight men reading yaoi) because there are more straight people than queer people.
But we shouldn't generalize about it because we don't know the sexual orientation of every reader and a lot of them don't talk about it or are still closeted.
Can we now talk about the manga please?

This chapter was very cute, I wonder if Sato is going to add a bit more of drama or it will continue as a full yuri comedy.

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Wow, their love is so strong that they literally don't give a shit that their families are dead.
#RelationshipGoals ami rite?

Well, if we take the anime as canon, which I have seen some comments suggesting that it had some BS pushed into it that wasn't in the source material, Aaya's family was already dead except her brother, but he died of some illness too, if I remembe correctly.

Yeah, that happened. Also the anime is definitely canon because the person making all these doujins is the same person who animated and directed the anime.

Really?
I remember reading on the comments from another work that the author didn't liked the OVA because was forced to add the incest by executives.

Also, remember that Official ≠ Canon, that's why the tag is called official and not canon.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Office ladies, threesome (voyeur?), prostitution, blackmail, lolis, incest...
What's next? watersports?

last edited at Sep 4, 2019 2:35PM

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

The whole manga felt like a long one-shot instead of a series.
A rushed ending, a random bike injury drama, doesn't explain anything about Chika's past (chapter 1 and 2)...
The author wanted to end this as soon as possible because he's working on something new, but still, he could have given us something more.

last edited at Sep 3, 2019 2:17PM

Sakuraboshi
Yukino Plan discussion 02 Sep 09:43
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I can see some endings for this story:
A happy ending where both girls stay together but Sana realizes she was very possessive and tries to change for better.
A bittersweet ending where Yukino realizes the malice in Sana but she decides to accept that (with a lot of problems).
A bad end where Yukino realizes the malice, tries to escape Sana but fails... (yandere tag).
And another bad ending where Sana goes to prison after trying to kidnap Yukino, or kill a potential lover.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I can't understand the last page of the current chapter (hairstyle) at all.

somebody help

On page 10 she says she likes the hairstyle because it's cute, but on page 12 she says she doesn't like the hairstyle now.
This means (correct if I'm wrong) that she likes the hairstyle on Chisaki, but not on her.
It could be something like "I don't like the hairstyle, but I like you and all your hairstyles"

Sakuraboshi
Liberta discussion 30 Aug 12:11
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

"Why you don't quit?"
"Okay, I quit"

-Insert surprised pikachu face.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Mizuguchi seems to like Yori Senpai.
I doubt it's turns to be a love triangle because she seems to accept Yori's love, but I feel a bit of jealousy(?) coming from her (Her face on pages 3-4-5).
Maybe on future chapters she'll have a bigger role than now.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

At first I didn't liked Midori because she saw Haru as a replacement of Tsugumi, but know I love her and how she's more mature and mother-like.
I wonder if she will tell Haru that she loved her mother in a romantic way and how Haru will react to it.

Sakuraboshi
First Kiss discussion 08 Aug 06:05
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

Reading it again while also listening the third song, is really an experience.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

I would say it's an "open ending" rather than a "bad ending" because there isn't a true conclusion (I know not every story needs a conclusion, but still).
MC is in denial and we don't know if the other girl is going to make a movement.
A sequel from the friend's perspective where she realizes the characters of the novel are they and who is the author, would help to put a worthy end (either good or bad).

After all, on page 13 and page 15 (Saku leaving the class and Kasumi viewing the manuscript), they are the real girls and not Beniko and Sora, so it leaves more possibilities.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 4:50AM

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

...God i love this but dang it does one of my major pet peeves: Shes listed as Virgin. When she just spent the entire last night getting fucked by her gf. I just find the idea that only penis in vagina sex "counts" in some way to be kinda annoying. It might just be me dealing with gold star lesbians a few times... its not too much of a problem though.

I like how everyone knew she wanted to be a girl except her who thought she was hiding it well. Also "I want to become a girl, and then be extremely well-loved by girls" is a fucking massive feel. i love it.

Also: Can our hero turn other people into girls too? She has Girlification magic...

Maybe the author consider her a virgin because she wasn't "deflowered" (by fingers, or toys).
If the author is male, is common for them (not all obviously, and some girls too) to believe that a virgin girl has to have her hymen broken to stop being a virgin, but in real life not all girls bleed or have a hymen that is easily broken.

Still, i'm loving this manga and orgasming that much in only one day... i wonder how she was feeling afterwards.

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 2:07PM

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

^ That image feels kinda cursed?

From gokushufudou. A yakuza-comedy slice of life.
It's a good manga, similar to Hinamatsuri but without all the powers and magic.

Sakuraboshi
Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

This made me happier than I expected, after all, following a manga for more than a year waiting for this moment, is surely fantastic.