Forum › Posts by Cryssoberyl

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Just that told me that somebody didn't read the manga

She read the light novels, i.e. the actual original source content. It's you who clearly didn't read this article very carefully.

Naofumi buy Raphtalia in the first place cause he needed someone to help him fight and after Raphatalia's slave crest was remove, it's Rapthalia who insist to have the crest back, not Naofumi. He was against it.

To quote my best friend Zefiris' comment:
He will protect (and abuse) a child as long as it benefits him, and discard the child the moment the child dares to not do so.
And this is used as a defense. The fans think this defends him.

Realize that you're defending the sophistry of the author in marionetting his female puppet characters to do, say, and think whatever they need to in service of fulfilling the male fantasy. That's what you've chosen to make a stand for here, here of all places. I really think you need to reread that article again and think hard about what you're trying to excuse. Either way though,

Sorry will stop here

Then actually stop this time.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 9:04AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Thank you for clarifying that you're also an apologist for thinly veiled misogynist/toxically masculine wish-fulfillment, Lilliwyt. I don't doubt you're looking forward to Redo of Healer as well.

I've never seen that one. (Which is a good thing I haven't?)

This will tell you all that you need to know. (Don't miss my comment at the bottom.)

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 9:21AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

So, the battle lines have been drawn. Though one certainly wonders just how much "help" Doumyou will be. Maybe she thought this would be her chance with Tazune, only for him to develop the "don't know how much you value possessing something until someone tries to take it away" motivation.

RotSH

Please do not attempt to defend that filth here.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I want some isekai Yuri, but not as a oneshot. And this kind of blessing is something a lot of people would probably go for. Doesn't make you the best person of course.

What you want is a manga called Stray Little Devil, about a girl who is transported to a world of angels and demons. There are five volumes and it ran from 2005-2007. Be careful looking it up lest you be spoiled on the complicated plot and setting. All you need to know is that it ends in unexpected but quite canon yuri.

This was just fine though; a bit of dumb fun and didn't pretend to be anything more. People are taking it way too seriously as usual. Personally I can't wait for "A Harem Skill Was Equipped By Default". (Hopefully Maple gets one of those in Bofuri season 2.)

Thank you for your work, Yukimitsu.

last edited at Apr 13, 2020 6:48AM

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Being bi is completely fine, being a "slut" is completely fine. That said,

1. If you have somone you remotely care about who will DIE from too close contact with semen, one would hope you'd take extra care with that, and

2. If you are a succubus with the above mentioned situation, it might be wise to avoid even the possibility of that happening.

In other words, if you replace "semen" with "COVID-19", Mamio, in the role of a "health care worker", needs to improve her hygienic precautions, and Shun, an at-risk demographic, should definitely social distance.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 4:05PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

One day, one day, Kishi will do actual, requited, explicit and mutually happy yuri serialization.

I'm just coming to doubt I'll live long enough to see it.

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 2:43PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Image Comments 31 Mar 03:14
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011
80318724_p0

Only if you like gratuitous tragedy and sorrow.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

As strong a contender for Moe up the butt tag as I've ever seen. Very cute, if a bit formulaic.

Thanks /u/.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I understand. Their only choice is to revolutionize the world. The path they must take has been prepared for them.

Soto no sekai e...!

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Age 15 discussion 17 Mar 21:35
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I take back everything I said. This manga is a masterpiece (of hilarity) and I am rooting for Ema and Anna harder than ever. It's not art, but it's definitely entertainment.

Sasuga the master, Asagi-sensei. Play us the song of your people.

Thanks /u/.

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 9:37PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

More Chinese yuri? I hope it'll be allowed to go someplace. Maybe the government will be too distracted by Corona-chan to do the usual.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

At least Mirai was decidedly NOT a furry. Aren't you happy about that? I know I am.

last edited at Mar 17, 2020 3:10PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Funny thing is, relative to previous chapters, this one was comparatively drama free. I was fully expecting Komari to kiss/come onto Maki after walking out on the land bridge with her, but that fortunately didn't happen.

And yeah, thanks Nez. It's a sign of the times, but I've been noticing more and more misogynistic comments and attitudes seeping into this place. Now more than ever, you're the bulwark we rely on.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I have a message for them too:

Fuck off, puritans.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Age 15 discussion 10 Mar 03:29
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Maybe Asagi Ryuu is just more suited to one-shots or short stories, but I don't usually feel like the plot or romance is just an excuse to have sexual situations. They can and have written compelling interpersonal relationships that flow naturally into sexuality. But similar to Otome no Teikoku, at least for me, this is definitely not doing a good job of disguising that everything that's happening is just for the sake of the ecchi and is largely nonsensical outside of that goal. I expected a bit more, I admit.

last edited at Mar 10, 2020 3:33AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
1 x ½ discussion 08 Mar 11:56
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Don't mess with Mama Bear.

also the discussion is going to be a mess because akira is about to defend the morality of incest. lol she called ayako a lolicon

oh god no i can already see 40 pages on here talking about this

Please no. There are already 100% too many treatises about "I, as a virtuous and respectable human being, of course loathe incest, but (justification essay follows)"

last edited at Mar 8, 2020 12:02PM

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

It was done as well as a visual medium could do it. That may sound like a backhanded compliment, but I always feel like trying to concretely depict supernatural horrors such as Lovecraft's only diminishes them into regular monsters. It's the same problem with Tolkien's Balrog, which always gets visually depicted as some kind of snarling demon-beast instead of the silent, shadow-wreathed, intelligent malignance he wrote of. Lovecraft's beings are similar. Visually depicting them in a way that seems impressive...is not capturing them correctly.

Again, I do feel this was a fairly effective adaptation, but anyone to anyone who likes this and hasn't already done so, I recommend you listen to Wayne June's narrations of Lovecraft's stories, a lot of which are available on Youtube.

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 7:36PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Age 15 discussion 08 Mar 10:26
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Poor Ana, one of the strongest cases of Congenital Lesbian Pheromones I've seen in my career as a Lesbianologist. The good news is that most young ladies with this condition eventually learn to harness its power confidently and constructively. An example follows.

Thanks /u/.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

That self-assurance. That body positivity. That refusal to be slut-shamed. I need a whole manga series and anime of her bringing would-be bullies to heel, forcing them to turn their begrudging backhanded compliments into genuine ones.

Thanks /u/.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Satisfied now, Starknight? You wanted some clarity, you got it. In any case, remember that a depiction of a character is not an endorsement of them. Tazune's character is being explicated, not excused. We are meant to hate and revile him. All the manga has done by showing us this is answering the question "How does the average person become evil?", and people's visceral reactions to it are because they know it works this way.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

This is something I already strongly felt last chapter, but I truly, deeply hate this manga. With a single exception in this chapter, every turn of the page disgusts, angers, and disappoints me. It is, without a doubt, one of the most unpleasant yuri works I have ever read.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Instant favorite. This was simply magnificent. Thank you for your work, Yuri Project.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Kaerimichi discussion 02 Jan 18:59
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Well, I wouldn't say "archetypal", but tragically unrequited feelings are indeed part of the fabric of yuri, stretching all the way back to https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shiroi_heya_no_futari ...and even further. From a book I'm currently rereading; 1923, in China, as in Japan, women were writing stories about their attachments to other women, and how proscribed their dreams of realizing it were:

(The book is https://www.amazon.com/Emerging-Lesbian-Same-Sex-Chicago-Sexuality/dp/0226734803 incidentally, a fascinating and deeply informative work. The author under discussion here is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lu_Yin_(writer)) )

Anyway, thanks for this story, onesnowyday.

last edited at Jan 2, 2020 7:08PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Every chapter of this breathtakingly rendered slow-motion trainwreck leaves me needing more. This was definitely not a virtuous, or even smart, move by the husband, but you have to figure...he is probably desperate to talk about this to somebody, and - in typical male fashion - if he has any other male friends, he would probably not be comfortable admitting to any of them that his wife cheated on him, let alone with a woman.

As for Aya, her feelings are rightly the center of this whirlpool, the eye of this storm. It seems clear to me that she never had any passion for her husband. It was, as she puts it in her reminiscence, a normal, sensible, expected step for her life to take, but it was no romance. Think of that, and just look at her now, all a-blush (and a-sweat) just talking to Akari on the phone. As a woman who does seem to have a rational head on her shoulders in terms of "doing what needs to be done" to get along smoothly in life, I hope Aya will be able to look at the situation with self-awareness and understand what needs to happen, and who she actually wants to be with.

Just a few rambling thoughts. As someone who was deeply disappointed with the final chapters of Aoi Hana, I wonder if it's even wise to hope for a "happy ending" here, whatever that may mean. The only thing you can say for sure is that Shimura knows how to make manga. Thanks for your work, Akiba.

last edited at Dec 30, 2019 9:55PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I will now post my favorite Haruka screen.

Thank you, that is all.