Forum › Posts by Jananaberry

joined Nov 21, 2018

Susei used to use a voice changer?

No but she used to make her voice a little higher than natural, it's not a massive difference at least to me but noticeable when you go compare how she sounds directly.

To add on to that, the line in the panel is a direct reference to Suisei; she stopped using the higher-pitched "idol" voice after going to the doctor and learning that it was damaging her vocal cords. For someone who's as dedicated to singing as she is, using it any more would have been damaging.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018
89321237_p2

I think after because Flare seems to be redoing her ponytail.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Hum, are tatoos and piercings that problematic? Would she be denied to enter the public bath?
Edit: *In japan. I mean its not even a full back tatoo and all that, just the sholders.

There are many deep-rooted cultural, political, legal and social reasons why tattoos are a complicated matter in Japan so yea, she could absolutely be denied from entering

tl;dr It's because Japan tends to associate tattoos with the yakuza. If you're a tattoo-wearer planning a trip to Japan, you should look into what places have more lax rules.

It's something that's gotten less stringent in recent years, especially in big cities, but most famous hot springs resorts are deep in the mountains.

Wait, Saori and Shizuku kissed? How can the author just drop that in and not show us what happened? Peak cruelty.

Probably cuz the side-stories and the main series translations are a bit out of sync with each other; I assume we'll see that moment when the main series translation is caught up a bit more?

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 5:07PM

joined Nov 21, 2018

I really enjoyed this chapter's plot beats and ending, I just wish it had been a little longer so the pacing wasn't so rushed. I do appreciate that most stuff was addressed and resolved in the end: Shiina was able to kinda come to terms with her breakup with Ryouji, Takagai was able to make Shiina understand her worries, and we got a nice little epilogue showing them continuing their relationship. But each deserved more time than we got.

joined Nov 21, 2018

...But since Nanao basically didn't read and understand much on the site when the possibility of booking Asumi presented itself, I'm willing to bet she accidentally booked something mega hardcore.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

The first chapter was kind of hard to follow but the second is much easier. Re-reading the first chapter after reading the 2nd helped a lot.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Why do they keep saying "heavy", is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull in this manga?

That design with the stylized heart is pretty explicitly romantic, even sexy. It shows up in a lot of R-18 art.

edit: For some maybe-safe-for-work examples, they feature prominently on the designs of Bremerton (Azur Lane), Totoki Airi (idolmaster: Cinderella Girls) and Houshou Marine (Hololive). All three are mature, sexy character types.

last edited at Jul 8, 2022 4:07PM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Last page is pretty dangerous. Rina could be looking up Makino with her contact info, but she could also be writing to Maron's company to get her in trouble.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I dunno how long ago the chapter was originally released in Japanese, but the author note reminds me of so many stories of family members/lovers buying Elden Ring and losing someone to it.

Scummy Makino rears her head again, but it'll work out, probably!

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

This one's cute, but it's a little hard to read. I'm not sure if it's the original writing or the translation, but it feels like things are unclear and jumping around a lot.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Yay, it's back!
I don't mind if, now that they're together, every new chapter is happy smut. It's always lame when a manga ends right as the couple gets together.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Unfortunately for credits-page-Hayafuji, the tears that come with cutting an onion are from its smell. The googles, they do nothing!

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I liked this story more than I thought I would at the start. It may end on a bittersweet note, with Matoi having a Super Friend instead of a Girlfriend, but they're still together and it's clear Yuriko loves Matoi in her own way. For the same reason, I disagree with the notion that the Yuri or Romance tags need to be removed. Even if it didn't end with them as a couple, this was still a love story between two girls.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I interpreted Naruko's reactions this chapter to be less flirty and more like she's having fun with these two girls who wanna get married. I do think it's possible that their being there woke Naruko up to the possibility that she likes girls or that two girls can be in a committed relationship beyond the usual class s stuff.

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 2:56PM

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I think people might have confused Matoi and Misaki's dad in the last chapter for the older guy Misaki is dating :V

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

It's interesting that we can see the horror-ghost from previous chapters during Ryou's flashback. My assumption was that it'd have something to do with her backstory, but it seems to have just always been haunting her. To what ends, I suppose we'll find out through Oiwa.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 10:50PM

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I really appreciate the bits of horror in this manga. Even in an ecchi comedy, it's important to remember that ghosts and youkai are dangerous business.

Hold on, Ryou says that that's the game's normal ending, which would mean that it's the canon ship, right? So if anything, the ship that Oiwa is into would be the NTR route. Though I guess fujoshi don't really care about canon when it comes to their ships.

I assume she means that it's the normal ending where the player doesn't end up getting the best result, not the "true" or "good" ending. Pretty common in VNs of all genres.

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 6:39PM

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I think imouto has been established as having rather loose morals when it comes to chasing after guys.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I think the bartender's concern is that even if the teacher/student pair has cute moments, they are still a teacher and a student in the end, or an adult and a teen. The question is if it's possible for them to overcome the gap in not just their ages but in their experiences and authority. More specifically, I think the bartender is seeing it as the teacher just humoring the student, rather than treating it as a potentially serious relationship.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Future-Nanasawa doesn't have a cut, but her finger is still hurt after waking up. And Kaimori's hairclip changed into an X. Without looking at the spoilers here, I wonder if we're heading for a new timeline altogether.

joined Nov 21, 2018

I feel like the choice to have them be middle schoolers is so that they're at the height of puberty and hormonal confusion. A hidden Aesop about dealing with your lewd emotions doesn't work as well when everyone's already 18 and fully mature.

joined Nov 21, 2018

seggs

but also, those are some really lovely color illustrations.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Mayu is my favorite yandere character because her obsessiveness doesn't get in the way of her development and her friendships with other girls.

Good shit.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

Considering how over the top silly the manga is in general I don't see why people are surprised that it goes into its sex scene with the same amount of silly gusto.

After how over the top Sakurako's reactions were from just looking into Kageko's eyes for too long, I'm shocked anyone would expect their first time having sex to be anything less than that. It's clearly an intentional stylistic choice on the author's part.

Jananaberry
joined Nov 21, 2018

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but accidentally read some stuff already, so I might just avoid the comment section altogether. That said, I really do enjoy this manga and want to see where it goes as the focus shifts from school antics to more serious topics.