Forum › Posts by Davies

joined Apr 15, 2018

Sigh ok am just going to say it, this series is more or less similar to Shoujo Sect right?

No, I wouldn't say so. Shoujo Sect had an overarching story of a single relationship between two young women running through all its other stories. It also didn't have any parent-child incest.

joined Apr 15, 2018

So the next chapter is out, Tae and Jimiko are still relegated to the "Where are they now" bits, and the fetish explored is dubious consent.

Davies
Image Comments 10 Jul 00:12
joined Apr 15, 2018
C6lgztsu0aablzu

We've never danced
We've never danced
We've never danced
The night
Away ...

Davies
Image Comments 17 Apr 16:17
joined Apr 15, 2018
Cdw8b4juaaaka9r-orig

What happens when you try to FORCEFULLY pair up the spares.

joined Apr 15, 2018

"1 lemon contains 4 lemon's worth of vitamin C."
... how does that make sense?

... they're using the term 'lemon' in two different ways.

joined Apr 15, 2018

So the latest chapter has finally been translated, and no, still no Tae-chan or Jimiko-san.

joined Apr 15, 2018

No idea why they haven't been uploaded, but can I say that the most recent chapters, with our heroines finally getting it through their heads that Miho is not some sort of monster or goddess, but "just a girl our own age", are wonderful.

joined Apr 15, 2018

In the inimitable words of Katy Perry:

Oh, we were such a mess
But wasn’t it the best?
Thought it was done
But I guess it’s
never
really over

Davies
Image Comments 09 Mar 20:17
joined Apr 15, 2018
79494548_p0

Never though a Policeman and a Emperor would one of my OTPs

Well, that's fine, because Oda Nobunaga wasn't an emperor. He was a daimyo who had the ambition and intention to establish a new shogunate and become the de facto ruler of Japan, but the de jure ruler would have remained the actual emperor of the time. A Policeman and a General would be closer.

last edited at Mar 9, 2020 8:18PM

joined Apr 15, 2018

I agree that she's a bit of a clown, but this interpretation is more of a clown than I prefer. Besides, that's Carnival Phantasm; EVERYONE's a clown in that.

joined Apr 15, 2018

This portrays Nero as a bit more of a clown than I really care for, but I like its sly, sardonic take on Hakuno, and the great facial expressions it gives her.

joined Apr 15, 2018

I also dont get why so many Gnp doujins feature Erika so much- she was literally the least likable character in the show.

More than MEXT guy? More than Shiho?

Erika got a lot of points from me for her final scene in the last episode, where she offers Miho a genuine smile in the end, demonstrating that she does, in fact, understand good sportsmanship, however she'd been acting until that point. There's also the way that she's portrayed in Ribbon Warrior, offering HER understanding of where the Nishizumi style went wrong, and how its practitioners are trying to modify it without abandoning it altogether. It's unfortunate that Finale 2 portrays her as just imitating Maho's command style, rather than finding her own ...

last edited at Mar 1, 2020 5:56PM

joined Apr 15, 2018

For a moment I thought Aomushi's doujin (256938) got uploaded here :p

Given the bit where Anzu says she's okay getting beaten up, I'm fairly sure that THIS is a response to THAT.

Headcanon: Yukari spent the entire dojin as a stone statue.

Davies
Image Comments 13 Feb 00:10
joined Apr 15, 2018
77529865_p0

Ooh, 10 Years After, I want to look
at you ten years later
Stay Together, I am sure we will
I want to be smiling by your side then

... a bit more than ten years, but it's the thought that counts.

joined Apr 15, 2018

Well, it's out, and no, Chapter 15 is not the last chapter, and no, Tae-chan and Jimiko-san are still nowhere to be seen.

EDIT: We do get updated as to their current activities in the character blurbs, but ...

last edited at Feb 5, 2020 1:35AM

Davies
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Feb 20:32
joined Apr 15, 2018

I love Taiyaki but.. She really likes mom x daughter stuff huh.

Taiyaki's gender is not known, per Manga-Updates, so it's possible that HE really likes that stuff.

Manga-Updates apparently hasn't been edited to reflect it, but Taiyaki is definitely a woman.

Noted, and now it has been thusly edited. Thanks for the clarification.

joined Apr 15, 2018

So cute! I especially laughed at Carpaccio and Pepperoni's reactions to all this, and did I detect Mako/Miho here, too?

Davies
Yuru Oyako discussion 30 Jan 01:07
joined Apr 15, 2018

I love Taiyaki but.. She really likes mom x daughter stuff huh.

Taiyaki's gender is not known, per Manga-Updates, so it's possible that HE really likes that stuff.

joined Apr 15, 2018

It's nice to see a Yukari-focused dojin that doesn't focus on her obsession with Miho.

joined Apr 15, 2018

Okay, no way do I buy Shiho being that nice to Alice.

But the reveal that Hana has been listening to Mako's early morning monologue is just laugh out loud hilarious, so I'll forgive it.

joined Apr 15, 2018

The bit with the disposable tooth brushes was incredibly funny and yet incredibly in-character for Miho, and a nice reminder of why Saori and Hana befriended her in the first place.

joined Apr 15, 2018

Can we get the "what the fuck am I reading?" tag on this chapter? I'm thoroughly confused by...everything.

Proposed and rejected.

Davies
Image Comments 07 Dec 19:30
joined Apr 15, 2018
Dvpwsiiuqaavd7v-orig%20(1)

I wonder how "big sister" Jeanne will react to this.

Jeanne: Ah, my little sister has someone who makes her as happy as that guy I vaguely remember makes me! Oh, love is a glorious chorus of song!

Marie: ... dear saint, you do know how the rest of that poem goes, right?

joined Apr 15, 2018

Cause he wants them to do the best they can, so he gives them a little push of course.

Good guy editor.

Bullshit.

joined Apr 15, 2018

Tae-chan and Jimiko-san: A monogamist's worst nightmare

That's hardly fair, those two don't even know about any of this. I suspect that they're going to find out in the next chapter, which will hopefully wrap this narrative up ...