Forum › Posts by Firecat1311

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I know this isn't really a series about romance, but when chapter 69 just happens to be about valentine's day and there isn't any sweet (or spicy) flirty time it is kinda disappointing.
Time to stop reading, I s'pose. There's just not anything here and at this point I don't think there ever will be

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Ah yes, rezu. Short for rezubians. Yep.

Firecat1311
Image Comments 15 Feb 02:51
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017
17357982_p0

Any positive emotions I may have had from seeing this artist again after so long have been quickly dampened

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

questionable consent: the series

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Kase showing up and telling Yamada to stop going to her club just because of some petty unfounded jealousy, literally immediately after establishing how much she was enjoying it, was about to make me actually wicked uncomfortable and creeped out, but then I remembered what series I was reading.
So, nevermind, carry on then, I guess

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Putting the person you like on a pedestal to this extreme is a wonderfully simple way to find yourself in a fantastically toxic relationship

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

The problem isn't with the tags or title being misleading, because they're not, it's that the anthology that this is a part of is kinda turning out to be rather queerbaity. It's perfectly understandable that people are getting frustrated when they're waiting for more WLW stories with each new update but then, like, not really getting that.

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 12:43AM

Firecat1311
Vocabulary discussion 22 Jan 14:12
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Once upon a time, she was a Useless Lesbian. But no, not anymore. No longer would she be satisfied with just that.
She has now become... the UseFUL Lesbian

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

An idea with a lot of potential. Bait in some waifu-obsessed nerds (preferably homophobic) with all the cute girls and the promise of a dating sim, then watch as all the girls start pairing off with each other instead and the homophobic tears flow strongly enough to power a waterwheel, generating power to be used for the betterment of society

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I suddenly noticed halfway through that this artist draws ears growing out of characters' cheeks rather than at eye level where they should be, and it distracted me so much that I couldn't focus on the rest

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

a couple of toxic people in a toxic relationship. truly, they're perfect for each other

Firecat1311
Maitake2 discussion 22 Dec 00:21
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Another year of no new Maitake translations, another year of suffering...

Firecat1311
Image Comments 19 Dec 22:03
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017
Untitled-13-recovered

It's an understandable mistake for them to make, after all she did say "yuri" when what she meant was "actual lesbians"

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I've never understood what was so cute about possessiveness and jealousy, but it's such a common and popular trope that I guess maybe it's just me who's missing something

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Was going to make a joke about how she upgraded from "Doin' her taxes" to just "Doin' her" but then that ending kind of killed the mood

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Personally, I didn't get the sense that the protagonist has any feelings for anyone. If you'll notice, they carefully avoid ever actually using the word "love" between the two women.
You could probably infer that there's romance there, but at that point it starts feeling like subtext. Strong subtext, but just subtext nevertheless. Maybe it's just clumsy writing.

Trust me, I really wanna yuri-goggles it up here and get some good gay reads in, but I'm just not feeling it here. Clearly other people feel differently, but clearly I'm not the only one either.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

At the "survey" bit at the bottom of the first page I just reflexively started silently chanting "neither! neither! neither!" and immediately clicked the button to go to this page, and will now write this comment and then immediately close the tab.

yep! gross.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who's tired of the jealousy plotlines.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

the ULTIMATE in "No Homo" techniques

Firecat1311
Image Comments 13 Nov 18:06
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017
2kanatagalaxybrain

When the higher-ups in the pocky game competitive scene catch wind of this exploit they'll be banning it as soon as possible, so you better enjoy it while you can

Firecat1311
Aaaaaangst discussion 12 Nov 00:58
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

A real high risk, high reward sort of tag.
Sometimes you get relatable emotional suffering that ends with a wonderfully cathartic happy ending made all the more sweet by the bitterness that led up to it, and the feeling of hope that someday you too will find that light at the end of the tunnel...
And sometimes you just get something depressing for the sake of being depressing, which concludes with a total non-ending for artificial deepness, or the incredibly lame "woman I liked suddenly got married to a man because only straight people deserve to be happy" trope. The kind of thing that completely goes against the entire purpose of reading manga for escapism.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Hanging the responsibility of your life over someone's head like that is kinda... kinda messed up...
I definitely know people who have threatened suicide after being rejected before, it is decidedly not a cute situation.

Firecat1311
Mirage discussion 02 Nov 11:14
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I'm glad things turned out well for her, but it needed a bit more to really come together as a satisfying conclusion to me. That new girlfriend is kind of out of nowhere, and there wasn't enough time to really get invested in their relationship, nothing to tie back to the rest of the story in any way.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

that lily triangle is about to become a lily polycule instead

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Want to become
(girl)friends?