Forum › Posts by Pyoro

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That's the reason the chapter seemed short: it's just the first pages.

Aha! Kay, thanks.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 6:53AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Presumably this is going to end now? ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Seems like a weirdly short chapter? 24?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Pretty random ride. Hard to tell how much was meant to be just for the lulz and what was supposed to be serious drama. Well, overall one of the manga I read.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

. . . realized they'd plotted themselves into a corner and had neglected to come up with a way out.

Honestly it doesn't feel like they planned ahead much or thought too deeply about anything.

I mean, at some point they make a point of explaining the background of the archbishop and babylon as both being invested into the well-being of the refugees and working towards a common goal with their respective organizations - only to then find their differences causing them to become enemies that can't reconcile over the question of "how".

But at the end babylon-woman just goes "that's childish" instead of some sort "hey look, we tried that, it didn't work, what makes you think it'll go better now?" or aaaanyyything else that'd even remotely connect back to this obvious parallel development ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh, dunno. Can't say that entirely convinced me; tone swings around too much, pacing seems kinda off balance - some things very rushed, others kinda drag. Bits feel like they weren't planned ahead. Ending is "people stand around and preach" and that's about it.

"The true hitman is the girlfriends we made along the way."

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah. Take the gun. Shoot Babylon woman. Use the power of ... extrajudicial murder ... for, uh, good.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

wtf ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That forgotten-childhood-friend trope really needs to die one day.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

About as expected, even if the details were tricky to figure out.

Given that the manga generously glosses over them too I'd say the author agrees with that assessment ;)

Pyoro
Saki discussion 07 Aug 05:51
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ch.56, p.5 ... Awai. Basically flat-chested. Ch.262, p.12 ... okay, it's just some character rough, for some reason, but what the hell?! Seriously, this manga ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I just keep thinking about the people who kept whiningly insisting on a "comedy" tag...

How serious are you taking this fight? ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The promotion to just be a promotion with no strings attached makes Hiroko's refusal kinda weak. After Ayako's confession and everyone's reaction it seems kinda ... eeh to just "has a hang up from the past" be the only hurdle. It's obvious that company culture has changed. I think it'd have worked better had there been a bit more to it.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those two sure are cooperative with each other for all that they are working for opposing factions ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

wait, Magenta just put her hand down and brought it to her mouth to lick it

Yes, reading mangas involves looking at the pictures to see what's happening.

Pyoro
Liberta discussion 29 Jul 11:50
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Barf.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Oh, wow, somebody actually correctly deducing something instead of some weird misunderstanding ;)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Humanity is transitory. But trains are eternal.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

And the costumes aren't supposed to change their personality, right? ^^;

Pyoro
Liberta discussion 26 Jul 14:12
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Sparing the main villain is just about my least favorite trope.
... it's just about beaten by then flimsily killing off the main villain in some other fashion to avoid the ramifications, say, for example by being in a situation where some sort of self-sacrifice might be necessary ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A promotion might also mean that she isn't directly working with juniors anymore ...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Let me introduce you to GOD.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh. Protective daddy? Or Hibai's "girlfriend"?

... either way the strategy is still kinda weird. Hibai now plainly explained that it's about exposing Rose as killer (makes sense), but before that she's basically stacked all the cards into the "refugees are in an absolutely awful situation" direction, which will do the opposite ... she could have set up the whole "we need rescue!" bit anywhere, without making Benika so sympathetic to the refugee situation ^^;

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"I wonder if she ever turned back into a tuna whether I can bring myself to eat her."
... girl. The fact that you are even contemplating this makes me question your sanity.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah. Now it makes sense ... maybe? Kind of?
... anyway. There's a connection there now.

Also anyone still want to defend Babylon?
... and wasn't that just supposed to be a made up nickname for the organization? ^^;

last edited at Jul 18, 2023 12:46PM