Forum › Posts by mycro

mycro
School Zone discussion 02 Dec 10:28
joined Mar 31, 2017

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned this yet, but Ningiyau Tweeted a while ago about the reason for the hiatus. Apparently volume 3 was crowdfunded, and the sponsors were promised specially drawn illustrations in return, but there turned out to be more of them than expected, so she's been spending all her time drawing those instead of getting on with the manga. She's a victim of her own success.

It says there are more details in the image, but I'm too lazy to attempt a translation. Any chance of a summary, mycro?

I thought I posted about that here before, but I must not have. The details in the image are pretty much the same. She didn't expect the crowdfunding bonuses and ensuring their good quality to take up that much of her time, so she needed more time before she could work on the main story again. When it would resume publication, you'd be able to hear about it on her own and School Zone's Twitter, but that's already happened now. I probably should have included this in the Twitter collection if only because of Kei-chan wearing Yokoe's jacket.

I wish I'd started reading this series sooner. Then I may have been able to get in on that, too.

mycro
School Zone discussion 01 Dec 04:47
joined Mar 31, 2017

So these chapters aren't part of volume 4? How long would it take to finish the volume when it hasn't even started??? Ningiyau pls...impatience aside it was a pretty funny chapter.

They will be in volume 4 but volume 4 isn't out yet. Maybe "next spring" was a bit optimistic for it since there's been a considerable hiatus after volume 3.

mycro
School Zone discussion 30 Nov 19:40
joined Mar 31, 2017

I do wonder why Yatsude talks like a southerner...does she have a Kansai Dialect and the Scanlators have translated it with a Southern Accent?

Yeah. That seems to be the standard way, so I went with that.

mycro
School Zone discussion 15 Nov 18:09
joined Mar 31, 2017

While waiting for new chapters, there's been an interview posted on Magcomi's site: https://magcomi.com/article/entry/research09

For some reason the interviewer really focused on the differences between the schools, which subjects the characters chose and how they scored, so a lot of it is about that. She also said her favorite character is Piyo (impeccable taste) but never asked a question about her, which was a bit disappointing. Here are some highlights:

• Nishitaga High School is not a rich kids' school. Deviation value is around 40-45 (50 is the average).
  • Yokoe apparently played some part in bringing it down a few points. This will be mentioned in a future chapter.
  • Yokoe could be one of the best if she tried as shown by that one accidental score of 98, but she never does unless it's critical to being with Kei-chan.
  • Kei-chan's grades go up and down so they stay average. Yokoe's only seem to go down.
  • Both Kei-chan and Yatsude chose Nishitaga because it's closest to their homes.
  • Yatsude is in the top 10 of Nishitaga (or thereabouts). Went to an underachiever middle school and thought that aiming higher would be a pain. "Bad results" in #68 were bad by her own standards.
  • Something about Kaname being very aware of Yatsude. Declined to join the club because of her but not because she doesn't like Yatsude. Ningiyau said this was bit of a spoiler, but this much can be derived from just the chapter itself, so it sounds like we'll see some backstory about Kaname at some point.
  • Tsubaki and Hiiragi both wanted to go to Seirin Academy, but [REDACTED] and Tsubaki declined, so she went to Nishitaga.
  • Tsubaki and Hiiragi practiced Kendo in middle school. Tsubaki was better at it, which made Hiiragi quit, which made Tsubaki quit, too.
  • Ritsuryou is the Idiot School, the safe backup choice. Dev. value 40 at best.
  • Sakaki seems like a smart honor student, but she's just average among a crowd of idiots.
  • Kei-chan loves art despite being so bad at it.
  • Ningiyau's favorite character by far is Fuji. She absolutely adores her. I think, if she could marry her own creation, she would.
  • Fuji went to the same middle school as Yokoe and Kei-chan but neither of them ever interacted with or noticed her.
  • Yokoe and Kei-chan's characters as leads came about after Fuji's character.
  • First characters conceived of were Akutami-sensei and Hiiragi.
  • Yokoe and Kei-chan were first meant to be secondary characters with the main stage being Ritsuryou.
  • Seirin is the top school in the prefecture with deviation of ~70.

last edited at Nov 15, 2020 7:33PM

mycro
School Zone discussion 11 Nov 19:10
joined Mar 31, 2017

No translation for recent updates?

I'm waiting for better raws. Judging by previous release dates, it takes about a month for chapters to come out on Magcomi's site and they should be twice as big as what's out now.

mycro
School Zone discussion 26 Oct 09:22
joined Mar 31, 2017

Where did you find this info? I tried looking through Ningiyau's twitter, but there's just so much and keyword searches don't bring up anything useful.

https://twitter.com/oe22p/status/1317031613868355585

this tweet here.

Damn, I never saw that one. I went through the old pictures once before but didn't think my feed would leave out any of her image posts since then. Thanks.

mycro
School Zone discussion 26 Oct 08:44
joined Mar 31, 2017

Edit: also also who is that other shrine maiden???

The other maiden is Fuji's cousin(their moms are siblings)...I think she is called Akane(not sure).

Funny thing is, Akane's mom(Sayoko) could be the teacher of Akutami sensei.

Where did you find this info? I tried looking through Ningiyau's twitter, but there's just so much and keyword searches don't bring up anything useful.

joined Mar 31, 2017

Fellas how long until next chapter?

At least two months from now. I'm assuming this chapter is the end of Volume 3, so there's gonna be a break next month.

Unless someone rips the bonus chapter.

I see Volume 3 is set for 12/18, right around the next real chapter, so not really.

last edited at Oct 20, 2020 8:57AM

mycro
School Zone discussion 09 Oct 09:06
joined Mar 31, 2017

what do you mean next spring.........................................

That's just what the page says. New chapters come out earlier than that. If I can get them is another question.

mycro
School Zone discussion 06 Oct 15:03
joined Mar 31, 2017

Hiiragi: W-Well, I have a hot gyaru gf.

Utsugi is not a gyaru. She's just loud and dumb.

mycro
School Zone discussion 06 Oct 13:05
joined Mar 31, 2017

Piyo has a girlfriend now. Let's see how long it takes her to notice.

mycro
School Zone discussion 04 Oct 02:01
joined Mar 31, 2017

(Ch. 69) I want to join the discussion but I literally have no idea which chapter y’all are commenting on half the time because nobody references the chapter number and then when the next chapter releases you need to cross-reference the release date and do guesswork to find out what all the comments were talking about.

Can we agree to signal the chapter number we’re talking about when commenting, or at least the most recently-released one at time of posting? I honestly feel like that would contribute a lot to the quality of discussions.

I've only seen people explicitly say the chapter number if they're not talking about the most recent chapter. Maybe per-chapter comment threads would be easier to navigate afterwards, but Dynasty just has them per series. I bet this wouldn't be an issue if releases were spread further apart, and we're close to catching up to the raws, so that point is coming.

mycro
School Zone discussion 03 Oct 14:51
joined Mar 31, 2017

Who hasn't spent hours looking for something extremely obvious? The classic of course being already wearing said object or it being in your pocket.

Or taking out your phone to see what time it is, putting it away and still not knowing what time it is. Three times in a row.

mycro
School Zone discussion 02 Oct 15:21
joined Mar 31, 2017

The beach chapter is 73. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

mycro
School Zone discussion 02 Oct 07:51
joined Mar 31, 2017

I can say why, because Yatsude us a molester, idk who will be together with her and I don't know why the author made her as a molester, I mean I don't see any plot improvement by making her as a molester

Sounds like another person somehow caught off guard that their precious kitsune-eyed hottie wasn't the nicest person, even though it's hinted at in literally her very first appearance, as well as several times from there.

Well, I thought it because she's like people that like to interrupt you because Yokoe and Kei boo her, now I understand why they did that to her but it's quite unexpected

They didn't boo her because she's a groper or molester. That was just the usual banter between them. I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

mycro
School Zone discussion 01 Oct 11:54
joined Mar 31, 2017

Nvm, mycropen said on Mangadex that the nurse family name is different.

Kei-chan's sister's name is Sugiura Yui. That means she's safe to ship with sensei if you want.

mycro
School Zone discussion 29 Sep 11:06
joined Mar 31, 2017

I mean, unless I saw wrong it’s only her that she harasses

And Kei-chan in the locker room.

mycro
School Zone discussion 29 Sep 03:54
joined Mar 31, 2017

Fuji x Yatsude is official

There's nothing official about that. Yatsude is a pervert who likes to mess with her.

mycro
School Zone discussion 25 Sep 14:05
joined Mar 31, 2017

Hiiragi is insufferable. I can't stand chapters with her. Why does she hate her sister so much? Tsubaki was just being happy and giggling a bit! How am I even supposed to care about her and Utsugi when she is such a bitch? Utsugi is better off without her, poor thing.

Hiiragi isn't a big fan of the way she acts either and knows that blaming Tsubaki for any of it is also wrong. People were comparing them all the time, so she started doing it, too, and came up short in all the ways that mattered to her. We haven't seen the exact moment when they split, but it looks like the big breaking point was that only Tsubaki made it into the school they both wanted to go to together.

Also, with walls as thin as that, imagine what else she can hear from her sister's room sometimes.

mycro
School Zone discussion 24 Sep 04:44
joined Mar 31, 2017

Oh damn. I can definitely see why Yatsude and Kaname would butt heads now. Pocky-game Kana vs. Open-eye Yatsude would be intense.

I'm sweating just thinking about it. Maybe Kaname tried to mess with her once but got scared off.

mycro
School Zone discussion 24 Sep 04:22
joined Mar 31, 2017

how long til we get some pairing tags for the chapters like virgins' empire?

I'm still against them, because the strongest pairs are only Kei-chan x Yokoe, Hiiragi x Utsugi and Fuji x Kishiya. If it's only those three, I'd be fine with them, but the others are spanning a whole network of crushes and possible outcomes and I realize that my own favorite is one of those. Obviously whoever uploads the chapters here can do as they please, but adding too many pairing tags would be clutter and too few would give some pairs arbitrary legitimacy over others.

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 4:27AM

mycro
School Zone discussion 22 Sep 16:30
joined Mar 31, 2017

And she's going to get away with it, too.

mycro
School Zone discussion 21 Sep 21:37
joined Mar 31, 2017

I love this so much, but do I really need a character chart sometime soon, so many characters!

Alright, I whipped one up: https://i.imgur.com/DMRj8Yv.png

I didn't qualify any of the relationships except between Yatsude and her idol and there are some characters that haven't appeared in the translation yet but will soon.

Edit: Tamaki and Yoru are in class 2-D.

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 7:21AM

mycro
School Zone discussion 21 Sep 17:50
joined Mar 31, 2017

I guess it's time to join the School Zone avatar club.

mycro
School Zone discussion 19 Sep 07:50
joined Mar 31, 2017

Also... Utsugi is shorter than Kei?!

Utsugi is tiny. She's the shortest in the cast. Even better that the twins are on the taller side.