Forum › Posts by Alvis

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Watching Your Lie in April like...why am I suffering??? Why is everything so touching and emotional???? Why is this so beautiful and tears rolling down my cheeks??? This wasn't suppose to happen ;_____;

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I'm not a fan of Mexican food but from what I know about it, those look really good and authentic @Nezchan

Nowadays I kinda prefer anime with yuri subtext more than anything; it allows for more fanfic writing lol, and it's better >than no yuri at all ^ o ^ Of course, the occasional pure yuri anime is always welcomed nonetheless.

@Rina As I've gotten older I've become kind of the same really. When I was younger I was very gung-ho about explicit yuri in anime/manga. Now I'm just happy if the romance in a story is actually good and if they have yuri subext, even better (sometimes).

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

This morning I went out for breakfast and ordered this thing called a "waffold" which had nutella and lots of strawberries inside and folded like a taco. It was amazing~

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Anon99

Ahah, the instruments are so shitty. They're not even flutes, they're recorders. But the arts is always underfunded so >__>
I remember in my German classes we always wanted to play the glockenspiel because it has a funny sounding name, same with Schlagzeug. The names are just so literal it cracks me up.

@Blackkitty The world needs people like you! Artists are nothing without the support and interest of others. :D

@Rina Sure, keep us posted. I'm sure she'll be thrilled

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@ Alvis

Wow, so you play viola...?
That's awesome! I wish I had any musical talent and could play an instrument.
The only instrument I'd be able to manage (well, at least maybe) is this:
http://www.schatzinsel-berlin.de/stores/schatzinsel/img/goki-triangel-gross-musikinstrument-qjY2UZ.jpg
But probably not even that...
;)

@Anon99 LOL I actually laughed when I clicked that link. Jesus... Honestly, cowbells, the triangle- those can be challenging to people because they lack technicality so they have to really focus on rhythm.

In elementary school our music department's budget was absolute shit so we all had to play these doot doot

@Alvis everyone who can produce something beautiful deserves respect :)

@Blackkitty Aww, thank you! It takes a lot of practice and time but it's worth it at the end of the day~ Do you produce anything music or visual arts wise?

Ah...so nervous right now. Just sent a complimenting message to the girl that I mentioned yesterday...I hope she won't get the wrong idea; even if my concern for her is higher than my concern for other ppl that I know, I only really want to be her friend thats all > - < I really hope she won't end up disliking me...
Anyone here ever felt really nervous whenever you send something and wonder if it was a mistake to send it?

@Rina In this situation, you have to just rationalize the situation and think, "If I were in said person's shoes, I would rather receive a compliment than nothing at all" Like, the worst case scenario is the message didn't go through and she continues her day normally. No one in their right mind is going to think ill of you if you send him/her a well thought out compliment.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

My new viola focuses sound so well <3

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Blackkitty What made me give up French? Well...my last year of middle school I took French. I actually really enjoyed it and learned so much. It was the first language I learned seriously. ( We learn Spanish here in the US from like Kindergarten to 6th grade but we always learn the same shit and never progress beyond greetings, colors, numbers) When I entered high school, I had the option of Japanese. I didn't learn a lot because our teacher didn't speak hardly any English...but the structure and syntax of it was fascinating. Then I transferred schools the following year and I could take French again (but start all over) or pick German or Latin. I choose German and just stuck with it for 3 years. I'm..kind of all over the place... >__> What confuses me sometimes is numbers because in German they do their numbers opposite of French! 28 in German is 8 and 20 and in French it's 20-8. Why did you chose French?

@Old Fart I mean..you are a stale fart :P Dingo ate my baby and all~

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Goofbar My sense of pride won't allow me to play Overwatch. Meh, Viper's eyebrows are sharp.

@Blackkitty Yeah, I only took a year of French so I definitely cannot help you or myself... I bet you'll ace the next one! Languages are just patterns. Some more annoying than others

@Anon-kun Umm...to my eyes, Kuchen seems to be more..cookie-ish cakes and Torte are more cake-ish cakes :D ...Right??? Germans help me out.

Tehehe, speaking of all this drinking I'm drinking this hard root beer I found and it's pretty good. I'm such a light weight so I can't drink for shit. I think I'd die if I drank as much as Europeans do. Gah my cheeks are so red and I haven't even finished this one bottle >__>

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Blackitty
What subject was your exam in? Maybe I could help?

Tiramisu or German Black Forest Cake is my favorite... I love coffee flavored things and cherries~

@Gengar I bought Street Fighter V and it was a waste of money. If only they had more time maybe it would crash less. At least Chun-Li's thunder thighs are comforting...

@Anon99 What exactly is the difference between Kuchen und Torte? I never know when to use the respective words.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 11:30PM

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 14 Jul 22:21
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Fiction writing. ;)

Most people in the Tolkien fandom use the nickname "Thrandy" for Thranduil. The suffix -ion just means "son of', so call me Legolas. :D

Oh, you teach? At a university or...? What do you love most about teaching?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Gengar It's like you want to see drama... >:}

@Galich One notable difference between humans and animals is that that animals don't have a sense of (time) displacement. Well, I mean this in a linguistic sense as it is actually talked about in anthropology. Humans are "special" in the aspect of communication. We can refer to the past, present, future, and other places. Animal communication is soley based in the here and now.

Also, SUPER CONGRATS ON GETTING INTO UNI!!!I hope you don't plan on sleeping ever again~

@Anon99 Yes, it's because you enjoy One-Piece that I believe "quirky" fits you. Muwahahah~

last edited at Jul 14, 2016 10:17PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Hmm..Quirky and cheerful? That has to be Anon99.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Thanks @Blackkitty, I'm very excited and shocked I got hired. I guess eventually something good had to happen, right?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Ahaha, the controlling shadows ability reminds me of Tsubasa from Gakuen Alice.

Hmm...I've thought about time manipulation but I'm not sure my perfectionist nature would enjoy that. I think an equally as powerful ability and less consequential would be control over Electromagnetic fields. I could do so much with that.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Doesn't matter to be honest. I did like 2 years of karate like 10 years ago so I'm basically the strongest person on earth

The taller they are, the harder they fall~ ;)

random qn, whats everyone looking foward to? could be anime or anything.

I just got a paid internship at a big name place, so I'm super excited for that to start. Blows dust off resume

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Gengar Ok, so you're tall. Are you tall and lanky like a stick or tall and muscular like Xena? Because if you're the first I could boot you over the horizon. >:} I'm 5'5 (nearly 5'6) but muscular; I could definitely win this brawl.

Have you guys watched ReLife? The anime itself is pretty good/okay but what struck me was that they released all the episodes July 1st, kinda like Netflix. I really hope this trend catches on with other new anime. I hate being forced to watch in moderation like a productive member of society.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Dogs are objectively cuter than cats,

That's a straight up lie.

@Gengar
our savior

I think you're in denial. Look at this sheeb! He is so pure and keeping the people safe !

Also how tall are you and what is your body build? I need to know so that when I fight you I'm prepared. (๑و•̀ω•́)و

last edited at Jul 8, 2016 3:52PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Welcome @Rina

I haven't seen any of those series you mentioned. What are they about?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

On a side note, I feel like WDTFS fans - off topic is stealing posts and popularity from this thread. Let's not >mention the fact that this thread is more recent

@Alvis There's the IRC, but AFAIK you cannot send files through it and my maine coon to prove that cats are better. >Don't worry Gengar, I got you covered.

I don't think that's the case... They've just kind of come to a lull. They've kind of made it hard for any newcomer to feel welcome after that happened

Also, IRC is that god awful empty chat room right? I went in there once and I swear I could hear my pixels echo. And that won't do. I need a platform where I can properly display my sheebs from my dank archives.

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 2:02PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Wow. You're all talking about cats and stuff and I'm still dying over Wentworth. I just woke up and immediately startet worrying about Wentworth, That's probably not healthy.

Anyways, part of my family,visited like a week ago and they took their dog with them and she was cute the first few days but after a while it was pretty annoying how much less independant dogs are compared to cats.

@Gengar-fubar
But I love it when I come home from a long day of uni and or work, and my dog wags her tail with endless splendor at my arrival! I also love that if I go to watch Netflix, she'll jump up on the couch or bed with me and be my cuddle buddy. She's very invested in 30 Rock.

We have a lot of neighborhood cats and none of them want to be petted and they get pissy at other cats treading on their territory. >:{

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 07 Jul 02:07
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Well, not really from DC but it's where I live now. :) The District sure has its charm here and there, but this year we have a citywide Metro overhaul since they've been ignoring its problems for the last 30 years. Do you have a favorite food or eating place here? We've just had a food truck festival last month and I think I've got enough carbs to last me seven lifetimes.

@thranduilon Honestly, I don't even remember all the wonderful establishments I dined in. All I know is that everything was wonderful. I went to a nice Japanese place that was actually authentic called...Sakura? Something disgustingly generic like that I believe. Ughh you're so lucky. In my town, Memphis, there was a food truck festival across my uni but it was scheduled during finals week and I had to be good and take my exams ;___; Also, those are victory carbs. Just run until you hate yourself <3

Long time no see...

@Rainy o/ Sorry I've been kind of absent. There wasn't a very good time to really 'pop' into your convo until Thranduilon mentioned something a bit more general and easier to jump into. How's it going?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I would totally have an indepth discussion about why cats are better than dogs with you but the preview of the next Wentworth episode just emotionally killed me so I really don't feel like it right now. Just browse the internet a bit. The internet is full with cats.

The video would have been better if it was a cat by the way. Just saying.

Edit:
And yeah, Wentworth is literally the best series there is. Season 2 is a bit weaker than the other ones but the other ones are absolutely amazing.

I would KILL you in an indepth discussion about dogs vs. cats but this does not have a PM system. Do you have a skype or email? I have sheebs (shiba inus) in my archives that are a solid foundation to my case.

Shit. You're about to tempt me to waste more of my time. Sigh, I'll do it. This is my destiny.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Hi. May I ask a question?

Whatever happened to Lililicious? They've been quiet for a while now.

Ah yes, hello. You've reached the Dynasty Hotline, unfortunately we are out of office; please leave a message after the beep--

kidding~ Also, good question. I really haven't the foggiest idea.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Yet another random question for you fellow citizens of Dynasty's Cafeville from the self proclaimed co-host Galich. >What was the series that dragged you into anime/manga?

The anime that started it all for me was Sailor Moon. Even to this day, it's one of my top 3. It doesn't mean it's a perfect anime by any stretch, but the nostalgia hits hard. Also, it portrays Haruka and Michiru better than the manga did and actually gave Michiru a real role and personality. Before she was just an accessory to Haruka. Plus they made me realize I'm not straight >__>

My top 3 series are (in no particular order)
Berserk
Sailor Moon
Fruits Basket

Death Note was one of the best anime they had on Adult Swim. I remember staying up late when I was 13 to watch it. Ahh, those were the days!

Also, I was thinking of picking up Wentworth @Gengar I assume you recommend?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I honestly thought the Weeaboo video by Filthy Frank was hilarious, at least the first half. The second half was a bit >too crazy for me but there were still some good jokes in there.
And I apparently love your taste in music too then. Even kinda makes up for your inferior taste in pets.
Edit: So I just found out... It just doesn't stop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgkLlhlNS4g

FilthyFrank..is special. For me, when I find out out someone I know is subscribed to someone I'm subbed to, usually I'd internally rejoice and love to talk to them about said content maker. However, when I find out we're both subbed to FilthyFrank, I just feel shame for both parties.

I will prove you wrong one of these days I have a folder of shiba inus that will make you acquiescence, I oath it. I don't believe I can upload personal files on this platform can I?

Also that uploader is ...very cringey. Lol, nearly every other video titles starts with "OMFG..."

Also, for you, you naysayer Eine gute Katze

last edited at Jul 7, 2016 1:36AM