Forum › Posts by gamagoori

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

maybe if you're talking about real people that argument would hold, but this is fictional. these characters don't just fall in love because they have a mind of their own, it's the author's choice. if the author explicitly chooses to portray a relationship between sisters that's pretty fucked up and i don't want that to happen to such an enjoyable manga. and i know about citrus, i never read it because the premise of two sisters falling in love is fucked up and i'm frankly put off by most of the yuri community because they support things like pseudo-incest.

I would think it's more of a whole anime community thing than just a yuri community thing? I don't know for sure cause I'm not quite as involved in those communities as I am with the yuri community, but I don't see people getting pissed about... I forgot her name, Leafa/Suguru? being in love with Kirito in SAO (how I hated that anime) and all those shitty harem anime with those half-sisters in love with the protag. I admit that I certainly do get up in arms about those (that stupid sister was a source of rage for me for a while), so I kinda see your point since I definitely have a double standard when it comes to more... ah, messed up relationships that are yuri (see: Yuzumori-san, Candy Boy, I'm sure there are more).

yeah i definitely realize that there is a big problem with the anime community in general with supporting unhealthy romance like abuse, incest, and pedophilia, it's just that i usually just stay in my yuri corner and it's frustrating to see stories like that taint the LGBT community's public image. i definitely don't think that stories featuring gay people should all be bland happy picturesque fairytales so that the straights dont think we're sinners or whatever, but romanticizing abuse and incest and pedophilia is deplorable no matter what. ESPECIALLY since the LGBT community is so associated with pedophilia and """""converting""""" children.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i hope this doesn't turn into yuri. even if they're adopted, they're still sisters.

They're not blood related, though. Should they prevent themselves to love each other just because their parents did the same and married ?

maybe if you're talking about real people that argument would hold, but this is fictional. these characters don't just fall in love because they have a mind of their own, it's the author's choice. if the author explicitly chooses to portray a relationship between sisters that's pretty fucked up and i don't want that to happen to such an enjoyable manga. and i know about citrus, i never read it because the premise of two sisters falling in love is fucked up and i'm frankly put off by most of the yuri community because they support things like pseudo-incest.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

it would show that other teacher as a frog staring at the sky within the well, thinking it was the queen when it was below even the dirt.

damn renetero, do you write poetry?

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

god this manga has such intense high moods and such horrible dismal bad ones. such a rollercoaster of thinking they're gonna be able to pull through and then feeling like this is how shiori dies. and im so glad that the band teacher finally showed her true colors but wow that scene was so damn filthy i am reeling

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

cute

i really like how they deal with their very different interests in their relationship. it's not a topic i see explored often in manga, even though every couple has this problem at some point. i know i just gush abt every chapter in this thread but each chapter feels so fresh. this manga is truly iyashikei genre at its best.

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

the fact that sensei is apparently ripped cracks me up

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

this story deserves a "depressing as fuck" tag. why did the mother leave? i feel so bad for both her and the child. im sure there's some deep meaning behind this but all i can think about is how scary it must be for your child to just disappear like that. and how scary it must be to go home and find your mother gone.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

Based on his affinity for track suits, it is my head canon that Rin is originally from eastern Europe. I hope he squats at some point.

i lol'ed

but this looks cool. i usually dont like vampire stories but the love interest girl is adorable and the male character is fun too. im a sucker for strong platonic male-female relationships in my yuri manga. makes it feel realistic. and the mc's female friendships are portrayed really realistically too. i love matsumoto tomoki's lighthearted high school characters, they always feel like their age, unlike a lot of other high school animes

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

would there be different sized trains for different species or can only the tiny people and smaller animals take these trains? seems unfair.

ANYWAYS hakumei and mikochi are married as always!

gamagoori
Teppu discussion 25 Jan 03:49
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i just binged all of it, and it was really damn good. the fight with pak duna was my favorite. natsuo and kei make a pretty good couple. i love how natsuo was a complete douchebag, it's a super nice change from regular old protags. and this series had so many women and they still all felt distinct and interesting!!

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch12#17

today on: How Is This Still Subtext......

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 11:42PM

gamagoori
Club discussion 19 Jan 01:57
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

I still think she looked like a man in some scenes.

Her breast at times were drawn similar to that those of men.

so?? she's still a woman no matter what she looks like.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 1:57AM

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

yay new hakumei to mikochi!!! these chapters were so cute and engaging. i really gasped out loud when ayune revealed her ring!!!!! i hope that leads to some relationship development between the main girls. i like how their relationship isn't a big focus and that it's just a sweet thing brewing in the background but im ready for them to profess their love now. and to start sleeping in the same bed dammit

gamagoori
Club discussion 17 Jan 20:54
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

anybody who's saying they don't like the art needs to stop jerking it to sakura trick and start getting used to the sight of real adult women with real bodies. and anybody who's saying they look too manly should really stop reading fiction about lesbians until they fully accept real life lesbians, cause masculine lesbians deserve respect as much as your pretty feminine idealized versions of lesbians.

anyways, i find it weird how they had sex twice and spent the whole night together without even learning each other's names. when the boyfriend calls her "malena" the butch girl says "malena...." as if that's the first time she heard her name.........wow

and i cant believe malena isnt going for the butch girl, she's fucking loaded. look at that car and that apartment holy fuck

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 8:56PM

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

this is nice. even just from this short one-shot i can tell that these characters are very sensible and communicate well and have healthy relationships, even if their relationships aren't all unicorns and rainbows all the time. a breath of fresh air from the rest of the yuri genre

gamagoori
Alice discussion 12 Jan 01:18
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

oh this is really nice. at first i was wary bc i really dont like girls that are always like "i hate hanging out with girls! they're so catty and complicated and hard to be friends with" but i really like that she stopped blaming all of women for her relationship problems. good character development A+++++

gamagoori
Golondrina discussion 05 Jan 20:29
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

this series has such gorgeous art and interesting plot so far. sadly i can't find this series past chapter 18

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i hope this doesn't turn into yuri. even if they're adopted, they're still sisters. i just hope it keeps being two girls becoming family and cooking really cool and interesting dishes together. the author must have done a lot of research for this manga

gamagoori
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 18:57
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

"this isn't korea" lmao i didn't realize that japanese people knew abt our no homo pda culture

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

man. these characters communicate a lot better than most manga characters but im still really frustrated at how much they really need to work themselves out. i love how much they've changed so far but gdi i just want to see them happy already! i feel like this manga has dragged out this conflict too long, but that just might be because updates are scarce and i didnt read it all in one sitting.

gamagoori
Hinatama discussion 09 Dec 20:11
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

super cute! and very gay. the art is absolutely beautiful and the little kids are soooo endearing and wonderful. really put a smile on my face.

gamagoori
Opapagoto discussion 07 Dec 22:11
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i thought that one chapter might be a fluke, but it really looks like we're getting opapagoto back now!!

and the perverted lady in power really pisses me off. not to get overly political on a site for japanese comics about girls in love, but the whole "you're the one who pushed her to do it" line is how i feel about the criminal justice system in today's capitalist america :)

gamagoori
Jewels discussion 29 Nov 01:58
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

this is so sweet. im an absolute sucker for domestic relationships and marriage and gROWING OLD TOGETHER!!!!! this caters to all my interests. this piece is a real JEWEL

gamagoori
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i got very excited when i saw the marriage and adult life tags but something abt this puts me off. maybe it's the art. or the pacing. idk. but i guess i'll read it when more chapters come out.

gamagoori
Image Comments 22 Nov 14:13
Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

they belong together