Forum › Posts by kami-sama

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

If I have to picked a new love interest for Seju. it would be better if that girl has the same personality with Yuzu or Norae.

Yeah. Someone charming and funny might heal her broken heart. Even if she doesn't want to, that person will be able to and she can't do anything about it.

this is what I want to see because almost 99% of Seju's appearance in wdtfs consist of either her sulking and moping about Sumin or crying because of Sumin. it will be good for my heart to see her happy for once.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 10:48AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

If I have to picked a new love interest for Seju. it would be better if that girl has the same personality with Yuzu or Norae.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I've never scroll down so fast just so I could see what happen to Seju. I didn't even bother to look at what TeamBlonde or what the other characters are doing.

The art of wdtfs improved greatly since from the early chapters but sadly the story keep getting worse. imo the story didn't live up to everyone's expectations. what once hype as a unique and unpredictable love story became cliche and predictable.

I think I'll just spend my money on Seju's spin-off because there's no reason for me to reread wdtfs anyway.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

it would have been an emotional ending if Sumin and Seju end up together. I could just imagine Sumin going down on her knees, begging Seju for a second chance with her. instead what we got is a recycled scenario from when Sumin and Sungji had makeup sex after the cheating incident with Seju. I bet Sumin will propose to Sungji in the next chapter and then we will get another dreadful sex scene.

last edited at Sep 9, 2017 1:15AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

roamsl

well, TeamBlonde did felt forced since from the beginning and I felt like their relationship never went beyond lust/attraction especially with how much TG focused on how physically intimate they are instead of developing their love story on a more emotional level.

the story was supposed to be about healing from a heartbreak but what we get is lots and lots of healing from an itching p*ssy. it would be awesome though if Seju can have a same-sex wedding or a proposal from her new love interest on the next chapter. TG owe Seju a happy ending especially after everything they made her went through just to make TeamBlonde a stronger couple.

last edited at Sep 8, 2017 11:42AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

why wouldn't anyone find Sungji bland as a character when her role in the story is limited. it's like TG solely made her as Sumin's new girlfriend and nothing more while they made a mistake of making Seju a complex character.

it also didn't help that TG handed Sumin to Sungji in a silver platter while Seju need to scratch and claw just to get Sumin to notice her for 10 years lol who wouldn't root for Seju with how odds are stacked against her?

last edited at Sep 8, 2017 10:37AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

WDTFS is visually appealing but the story is decent at best and I can say that TeamBlonde has one of the worst relationship development I've ever read/encountered.

I'm kinda disappointed with how TG handled Seju going through the end but at least, they didn't killed her off and they let her keep her sanity even though she didn't end up with Sumin. hopefully, we can see Seju in the finale with a new love interest.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

Nora89

I wouldn't say WDTFS is a "clever art" because it is common for artist to use hidden context/meanings behind their artwork to save them from explaining things thoroughly but imo they left a lot of things too ambiguous or vague, particularly when it comes to portraying their character's emotions or thoughts. so it's no wonder why even though we already finished 90+ chapters, we can't still fully figure out Sumin and Sungji.

yoonie0104

if WDTFS exist in the real world. there's no excuse for Sungji to suddenly break up with Sumin without a proper explanation but I guess TG only wants to save time and space and assumes that the reader will understand it. but to be honest what Sungji did was kind of a douche-bag way to break up with someone. real world or not lol

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I would be surprise if Sumin did chase after Seju. it will be like Sumin accidentally hit her head and suddenly realized that Seju was the one for her considering TG did spent 90+ chapters of Sumin trying to break free from her almost obligatory/leftover love for Seju. so she could finally give all of herself to Sungji.

I'm not supporting TeamBlonde but TG is going for a SuminxSungji. Sumin was already a wrecked even before Seju said her "I love you goodbye" to her. I'm just hoping that Seju will have a spin-off.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

lzz

in Seju's defense. Sumin is the one who goes to her for comfort every time she broke up with her current gf. I don't think Seju manipulated Sumin to get back to her because the only thing she can offer to Sumin at that point is either sex or luxuries. Seju only listen to Sumin's problem that's the only emotional support Sumin will let her do considering how their relationship ended.

imo, the only time Seju had a chance to exploit Sumin's vulnerable state is right now when Sungji left her without any reason and Seju didn't take advantage of it. it is the moment Seju had been waiting for in a decade and she managed to resist the temptation.

I don't really care much about SuminxSungji since the only bond they have is through sex. Sungji did weighed her decision to leave Sumin, the same way she decided to reject Dawoon. I mean chapter 90 parallels the date Sungji had with Dawoon. it only implies that Sungji probably realized that her feelings for Sumin is not strong enough anymore to continue their relationship.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

Sumin x Seju - for 10 years, Seju tried to have a second chance with Sumin but nothing works
Sumin x Sungji - Sungji left Sumin without any reason and cut all her communication with her.

conclusion - both of these relationship are irreparable lol but TeamBlonde is still going to be the endgame couple since it is so obvious that Sumin is chasing after Sungji and not Seju. well, unless TG go for a bittersweet ending where Sumin didn't end up with either of them.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

kami-sama

I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

could you please suggest better authors with interesting stories please ?

This just comes to opinion really doesn't it. I think Beloved for instance is a much better story with better artwork but that's going to be completely subjective.

yeah, it is subjective and to each of their own preference. I'm not a fan of TG's style of relying more on visual narrative/storytelling because I find their artwork lacking in detail. i.e the characters facial expression doesn't have much variation. so sometimes it is hard to tell what they're thinking about or feeling. to be honest I never find Sungji engaging as a character even when she was crying lol although the parallels between the then and now scenes were decent.

for me the best scene in WDTFS is when Seju had an outburst when Sumin confronted her about the rumors of her and Nami going to a hotel. as a reader I truly felt Seju's emotion pouring out of her. anger, pain, hopelessness. Seju felt very human in that scene and not just a fictional character.

on the author/artist. I really like Milk Morinaga's Girl Friends, Prism (too bad it was cancelled), Octave (mention before) Strawberry Shake and a lot of popular yuri manga/manhwa today. Citrus (it is good when it focus on Yuzu and Mei's blossoming romance and how they deal with their very complicated relationship) Miss Angel, Miss Devil (enjoyable) Pulse (this is what WDTFS could have been if Seju was a total psycho ex-gf) Bloom Into You, . .there's a lot of yuri manga here in Dynasty Reader. I'm sure anyone can find something they will like. even one-shot story like I Want To Lock You Up is good.

last edited at Aug 29, 2017 2:57AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

mpgpeg
Seju and Sumin will never work again. they bring the worst out of each other. I'm not jumping into the TeamBlonde bandwagon but it is the healthier option for Sumin.

but it is funny that after 90+ chapters. the next chapter might be the first time Sumin and Sungji have a heart-to-heart talk lol I'm just not really a fan of TG's style of show, don't tell narrative.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I can't see Sumin going to that wedding if it is a wedding we see Sungji on the last panel. I'm still not buying it. It's Sungji who left, she should be the one to come and explain why. Besides, Sumin doesn't look like she's in shape too go anywhere.

I think the wedding is a great plot device for Sungji and Sumin to realize who they want to spend the rest of their lives with.

However, hell will break lose if Sungji was the one whose going to be married lol TeamBlonde is going to lose their sh*t if that happens.

last edited at Aug 28, 2017 9:33PM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm proud of Seju for not taking advantage of Sumin's vulnerable state which has been the cycle of their 10 year toxic relationship. and even though I pity Sumin, I don't particularly like the expected cliche ending of her and Sungji meeting up in the wedding and having another second chance. I hope TG has some surprises and twist in the finale.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I applaud Sungji for being a supportive girlfriend to Sumin all this time but I never really seen her and Sumin connect into an emotional level. I understand why Sumin doesn't want to be honest with Sungji about how she still deeply cares for Seju but I think Sungji just wants Sumin to share her pain with her. at this point I think the spark between them is gone lol Sungji's behavior is like "I still love you but this isn't working out"

maybe Saehyun wants to reveal to Seju that he is her father lol and it is the reason why he wants to bring her there.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm not saying Sumin should always be there to babysit Seju when something bad happen to her because it is one of the things why Seju can't properly move on

Are you saying she might have been able to move on properly had she been all alone when something bad was happening to her? :'D

when did I said that Seju needs to be alone when something bad happen to her? I'm saying that Seju has been too dependent and obsessed with Sumin that she doesn't want to rely to anyone else or even herself unless it is Sumin by her side hence one of the reason why she can't properly move on. seriously, how can you let go of someone if you think she's the only person you can rely on and the only person you ever needed?

10 years ago, she said that she would wait until she die meaning she has made up her mind that she would never move on since that very moment. I really fail to see how the things you mentioned like her having been too dependent and obsessed with Sumin, or her not wanting to rely on anyone else or herself can be a reason.

why do you think Seju made that decision? isn't it because she think Sumin is the only person in the world who truly understand and cares for her? I bet if Seju has a loving family and friends by her side who can give her the emotional support she has been deprived with all her life particularly in times of a break up, she can easily let go of Sumin but nope in her mind, the only family and friend she can rely on is her ex-gf. Seju doesn't even have the will to live anymore if Sumin is gone.

last edited at Aug 12, 2017 2:55AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

I'm not saying Sumin should always be there to babysit Seju when something bad happen to her because it is one of the things why Seju can't properly move on

Are you saying she might have been able to move on properly had she been all alone when something bad was happening to her? :'D

when did I said that Seju needs to be alone when something bad happen to her? I'm saying that Seju has been too dependent and obsessed with Sumin that she doesn't want to rely to anyone else or even herself unless it is Sumin by her side hence one of the reason why she can't properly move on. seriously, how can you let go of someone if you think she's the only person you can rely on and the only person you ever needed?

Hha

the only flaw with Seju is how come she doesn't have any friends except Sumin since it seems that Seju isn't the type of person to easily distrust people. in fact she's more friendly towards her employee compared to Sumin. I guess it justify why she's so obsessed with Sumin but imo it doesn't make sense.

last edited at Aug 11, 2017 5:31AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

Orange

thanks for the suggestion but I don't think I have the time to read the past discussions about the symbolism of seasons to the story lol.

imo there's not enough build up to anything especially how anti-climatic Sumin and Seju relationship developed. they were like starting to patch things up between them and now Sumin doesn't want to do anything with her considering Seju's situation right now, I'm not saying Sumin should always be there to babysit Seju when something bad happen to her because it is one of the things why Seju can't properly move on but it just doesn't make sense with the recent development of their relationship. it is just odd that on the recent chapters TG showed how much Sumin still care for Seju and now she doesn't want to see Seju anymore right after her father died? shouldn't she be more concern for her more than ever before? it felt like an out of nowhere decision from Sumin.

last edited at Aug 10, 2017 10:22AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

momonosuke

I get that the weather sets the tone for the story but imo there has been no buildup whatsoever. if winter is signifying that Sumin and Sungji will break up then it's just a rehash of events in the story that has been happening since the first arc. the usual plot of wdtfs is how Sumin and Sungji will have a falling out and just immediately make up in the shortest time possible.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

wow, it took Sumin and Seju 89 chapters to part ways. I kinda hate how situation just conveniently happens to move the story forward. the story didn't build up anything so it felt like there's no big payout in the end.

hopefully, Seju find out that her mother didn't deliberately left her for nothing so she could stop feeling unwanted and move on with her life for the better. well for the mc, I feel like Sungji is better off with Dawoon than Sumin because imo they have more chemistry since Sungji and Sumin are both the type of person who would rather bottle up their feelings inside instead of talking it out with their lovers.

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

yoonie0104

if Sumin had already forgiven Seju a long time ago, then their ten years of toxic relationship would have never happened in the first place. in my opinion, they never had a closure regarding that issue instead they never talk about it and it is the reason why Sumin always brings it out every time she gets angry with Seju. well, mainly because the pain of betrayal is still in there.

though I agree that it is their choice but you can't say that your past experiences doesn't affect how you live your life and make decisions.

and I don't know if Sumin really wants to move on from Seju when she still insist to live in the house Seju bought for her, I mean what the heck?! lol can't Sumin be anymore contradicting

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 10:02AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

Sumin is an impulsive person and her emotions always gets the better of her but I don't think she'll crawl back to Seju for sex. I mean she is more self aware towards her actions, it's a pity though that TG has only started using internal monologue because the characters would have been more relatable if it was implemented in the manga a long time ago.

Sungji is showing her lack of trust to Sumin lol she already jumped into a conclusion without even hearing Sumin's explanation. if TeamBlonde can't fix their trust issues with each other then this is gonna be a ongoing problem that will rip them apart. (if it's in the real world)

hlama
didn't Sungji got tipsy drinking wine after she saw how playful Seju and Sumin has become with each other? which only shows that Sungji is only human (thankfully) and she's fully capable of being careless without thinking of the consequences. besides, she did try to forget Sumin by agreeing to hook up with Dawoon even though she doesn't hold any romantic feelings for her.

TG is making a big fuss about making mistakes, so it will probably play a big part in the upcoming chapters and maybe Sumin will realize that it's not how you make a mistake but how you make up for it and maybe she can finally talk to Seju about what happened 10 years ago and forgive her. so both of them can move on with their lives because what happened in the past is still affecting and hunting them up until now.

last edited at Jul 19, 2017 5:34AM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

MacySan
to be honest, Seju is just a plot tool to TeamBlonde and TG is only using her side-story as a filler because WDTFS couldn't possibly be this long without Seju being involved in the story. however, i did like how Seju and Sumin acts like casual friends again. sh*t they could have save years of heartaches if they only talk it out.

now is Seju's chance to redeem herself, she should tell Sungji that nothing happened between her and Sumin and somehow I'm getting this feeling that Sungji might get drunk and oops!! cheat on Sumin but it would be nice if Seju would be the one who's gonna to stop it from happening again. well if ever it happen.

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 7:52PM

kami-sama
joined Aug 29, 2015

thanks to work, I miss the last chapter but holy sh*t I feel like TG is leading on TeamPink into believing this ship has a chance to sail when it already sank a long time ago lol

the downside of seeing Seju and Sumin's past is it shows how shallow Sungji's connection with Sumin has been. I think Seju and Sumin had more meaningful conversation than TeamBlonde ever had throughout WDTFS when it should have been the other way around. although, I did noticed that Sungji is trying to make an effort to know Sumin better but the latter seems to avoid such talks,

last edited at Jul 18, 2017 11:18AM