Forum › Posts by Ultraxion

joined Mar 15, 2015

This seems to be one of those series in which not only does the couple not get together until the very end(if at all), but once they do so, the central premise of the series no longer holds up, and there's nowhere left for it to go. Nevertheless, I'd still like to see the last few chapters, if only to see how it ends.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

I was personally hoping for a POV switch to Aizawa when I saw the chapter title, "I want to touch Kurotori-san but I'm dead." It would have been interesting to actually see Aizawa's thoughts rather than just seeing her through the eyes of Kurotori and the others who can see her.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

Yuri Is My Job is now available on Renta! It's a bit surprising that they're including a few relatively popular series like Whispering You A Love Song and If I Could Reach You, since until recently, their yuri selection was fairly niche.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
Tencryingemojis-1629635692811747331-img1

The gameplay is good, especially the Engage system.

Unfortunately, the story is woefully cliched and underwhelming, and the characters aren't anything to write home about. I personally doubt that this will have as much of a shipping fandom as Awakening, Fates or Three Houses.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'll concede that the epilogue's an improvement over the original ending, but it's still a bit disappointing. It would have been nice to have a sequel series with Noa as a secretary.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm curious about something. How exactly does Yvonne refer to her father in the original language for it to be rendered as "Lord Father" rather than just "Father"?

Incidentally, shouldn't she be calling her mother "Lady Mother" rather than "Lord Mother?"

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
105226872_p1

This is an interesting crossover ship- characters from Jugdral, Elibe and Elyos.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
Oratoza-1625515815360667649-img2%20(1)

There is the one conversation in the Thieves' Den in which Tae compliments Shadow Sae's makeup, much to Sae's chagrin, but that probably doesn't count as canon.

joined Mar 15, 2015

In previous chapters, the president didn't use honorifics on Shiramizu, but now she's using "-san." Did she start doing so in this chapter, or did the translator decide to start including honorifics?

joined Mar 15, 2015

I wish the first chapter had shown the rest of the cancer flashback, particularly whether the cancer is terminal(I assume it is)

They don't give the tumor's full specs in the story, but GI carcinoma is always bad. As in, there's generally mild cancer (basal cell, most thyroid types, GIST), there's the concerning types (most breast types, Hodgkin lymphoma), and then there's the real motherf***ers (lung, stomach adeno, most sarcomas).

Bowel carcinoma sits somewhere between concerning and really bad. But it won't necessarily kill her in six months.

Good point. I hope we'll learn a little more about the cancer in the next few chapters.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I wish the first chapter had shown the rest of the cancer flashback, particularly whether the cancer is terminal(I assume it is) and fully explained why he'd decided to transition. Usually, first chapters do a better job of establishing the premise rather than leaving off on a cliffhanger.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
Taki_ritzk0u-1615384166031593473-img1

Does the story ever go into detail about how Kikuri and Seika know each other? I know Kikuri calls Seika "Senpai," but I'm not sure how Seika is Kikuri's senpai.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

I don't see any realistic chance of Nene and Sumika ending up together after everything that happened, unfortunately. It's to be expected that Kanoko will start to have feelings for her at some point during their fake relationship, although her current self is far from deserving someone like Sumika.

My response:
I've felt it for a bit and especially after this chapter.
It's possible someone is trying to rekindle Sumika and Nene's relationship through Kanoko. Nene is basically being made to go through the same thing she put Sumika through. It's possible this parallel is intentionally meant to force Nene's hand in the same way Nene thought her trist with Youko would force Sumika's hand in the past.

I never thought about that. I’m hoping that’s true though, I dread having Sumika get burned a second time when she’s one of the best characters. It’s only slightly better and will still probably end up messy, since Kanoko doesn’t genuinly seem to care about how Sumika feels and is just doing whatever this mystery person wants, but at least the aim would be to help her this time instead of just making her jealous and forcing her feelings out. I initially thought it’s youko trying to pull the same thing again and it does seem like the stories bringing her back to stir things up again. But it could be the manager since she seemed to want them to talk in the last chapter and the mystery person wanted Kanoko to make Sumika happy somehow

That's certainly possible, but at the same time, Kanoko receiving Yoko's "LIME ID" was presented as a bit of a Chekhov's Gun. Again, it's possible that since Kanoko doesn't think Yoko's as bad as Sumika said she was, she trusts her more than she should and ended up being manipulated. As for Mai, it's possible that Kanoko has her number, but I wonder if the story would conceal her identity for this long if she was the one behind this.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
Goodgirlreward

Could someone please explain the relationship between being called a "good girl" and coming? Does it have something to do with the source material?

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

One interesting thing I noticed in the localized Volume 10 is that unlike the scanlations, in which Nene sounds as though she wants to cut ties with Yoko, in the localization, Nene wants to figure out why Yoko cut ties with her. The localization's version makes more sense and explains why Nene fell prey toko's manipulations

Chapter 52 has been scanlated. For now, the status quo seems to be holding, if barely, but Kanoko still isn't happy with how things are. I'm personally curious what's going to happen next, although I suspect that Kanoko will be forced to come to terms with her unrequited love for Hime and jealousy of Mitsuki before she and Sumika truly become a couple.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015
Sha_nays-1576082100641738752-img1

It would be a shame if the anime were never continued, since I'm sure the rest of the series could be covered in a 1cour anime season. Still, there are a lot of anime adaptations of manga and light novel series that only adapt a small portion of the work.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm a bit surprised to hear that Takahito (Nagisa's father) is Yui(Ai's sister)'s second husband; previously, I thought only Takahito was on his second marriage. Does this perhaps mean that the brother Nagisa mentioned is Yui's son from her first marriage?

The part at the end is a bit surprising, and I wonder if we're entering the final act of the series.

last edited at Dec 14, 2022 12:44AM

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

The localization of Volume 10 recently came out. For those who are interested, the localizers use the term "lesbian," as well as "gay" once when Nene asks Sumika why she's hostile toward Yoko. On the other hand, in Chapter 50, Hime says to Kanoko, "If you have been avoiding Yano because she developed a crush on someone of the same sex."

I was skimming through Volume 10 and this part of Chapter 51 caught my attention, when Kanoko asks Sumika to start dating:

Fan translation: "Please go out with me. Please become my lover, and end your hate for romance."

Official: "Please go out with me. Please be my girlfriend... So I can stop hating romance."

I noticed that, too. That seems to be another pronoun-based mistranslation, like when, in Volume 9, Kanoko claimed that Sumika wanted Hime to quit in the localization, when in the fan translation, she was talking about how Sumika was no longer trying to get Kanoko to give up on her crush.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

The localization of Volume 10 recently came out. For those who are interested, the localizers use the term "lesbian," as well as "gay" once when Nene asks Sumika why she's hostile toward Yoko. On the other hand, in Chapter 50, Hime says to Kanoko, "If you have been avoiding Yano because she developed a crush on someone of the same sex."

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

Bro what the fuck is wrong with Kanoko ? Like, I thought she was going to finally become likeable and she goes and does this shit. Holy hell,at this point I expect soap opera levels of villainy from her.

That aside,do we have any idea how old is Sumika ? She dresses like a high schooler,yet given how long she has been working at the cafe plus the fact that she seems to have a semi-managerial position seems to imply she is around her early 20s

As far as I know, Sumika was a high schooler at the time of Liebe's founding, so she was 15-16 at the time and is 17-18 now. Nene's 20, Mai's probably in her 20s, and Yoko's most likely at least 21.

I personally think it's still too early to judge Kanoko. Without spoiling anything, we don't know who the phone caller is, their motives for reaching out to Kanoko, or why Kanoko's going along with it.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm curious about why Miko is living with her aunt, since it's implied her parents are still around, but I guess that question will never be answered.

Home sweet home, Alabama.

Alabama doesn't have a monopoly on incest. House of the Dragon features an uncle-niece marriage and even a marriage between two full-blood siblings. Cersei wasn't exaggerating when she mentioned that the Targaryens wed brother to sister to keep the bloodlines pure after Ned confronted her about her relationship with her twin brother Jaime.

joined Mar 15, 2015

While interesting, I don’t think our protagonist is particularly bright given her supposed age. For one it would be REALLY easy to determine which day was chosen. She just needs to keep a journal and mark down a number for each day. Which ever number is kept when the next day comes around is the day that was chosen.

Also, it would be actually pretty easy to prove what’s happening with the help of 1 other person. This person wouldn’t even have to know about her condition. Simply ask them to generate an word file with a ton of randomized words. The next day after the word file is generated she’ll ask to be told a specific number word in the sequence. Whenever a day is chosen she can reiterate all the words she learned from the days that weren’t chosen, proving she has information she couldn’t have.

the first idea is good, i think, but as for the second, how would anyone but her know what the correct strings of words from non-chosen days were in order to check?

The person who generated the list would know. They would generate the list a day before beginning the experiment so that it would remain fixed.

The first one sounds like a possibly good idea, but as for the second one, I'm curious as to how Ayaka would convince someone to accept her rather odd request without explaining her condition. Considering what happened when she tried explaining it to her mother, and that she doesn't have anyone who trusts her implicitly enough to listen to such a request, I'm not surprised that she gave up on the idea of people believing her. As such, I think judging her as not "particularly bright" based on this oversight is a bit harsh.

Personally, it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when viewers of fictional media who are able to watch the story dispassionately, with the benefit of time to digest what they've seen and knowledge of the consequences of characters' choices, second-guess decisions made by characters in the story, who may not know as much as the viewers do and/or may have emotional baggage that affects their decisions. It's personally more than a little odd that viewers who take all that effort to think of the things a character should have done seldom take the time or effort to see things from the character's perspective.

Incidentally, I have to wonder if fiction like Groundhog Day exists in this series' universe. For all Ayaka knows, not only are there no other people like her, but no one has even imagined the concept of a person who relives each day multiple times.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant; as I said, this is a pet peeve of mine.

joined Mar 15, 2015

This is an interesting premise, but the manga is definitely heavy on the internal monologues, so you can tell that it's a light novel adaptation that lifts a lot of the text from the manga(although I'm sure a fair amount of the first person narration got cut out). It reminds me a little of Adachi and Shimamura in how it has a highly introspective and relatively unemotional main character who does a lot of thinking.

joined Mar 15, 2015

They were very sweet - but suggesting living together the next pannel after confessing lol. Thats too fast even for yuri!
Strange how most yuri is too fast or way too slow.

While I concede that many of the stories on this site have pacing issues, I think that it's partly due to how a lot of it is one-shots or short series that need resolution of some sort within a short time frame. There's also Sturgeon's Law, which definitely applies considering the broad variety of creators here, from amateurs to serialized professionals.

Ultraxion
joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm afraid to ask, but did I miss something somewhere about where this ends? I thought it was over, and since then there have been like four chapters or so and none of them feel like "And this is a bit from after the end of the story, that wraps up some side thread or puts another ribbon on the main couple's relationship" it's just . . . more nice chapters of Miss Sunflower, going nowhere in particular as usual, with the typical tiny hint of something that might look like progress if you squint.

So did the series reboot or something? Or if not, how many more of these will there be--I need to prepare my heart.

These are "extra" chapters. While they're listed as Chapter 101-104, if you look on the first or second page, you'll see Extra #1-4. I don't know how many there are, but I think there will probably be about five to eight total, since this is the final volume.

does any one know how many more chapters to come ?

Little did they know in 2013...

Interestingly enough, because their comment is near the bottom of the first page, I see it almost every time I visit the forum.