Forum › Posts by anonymous

joined Jan 31, 2015

Ah yeah, as always, thanks to halmoni and thatanon. I don't say it every chapter anymore, as tons of other people say it, and also, it may seem kinda "repetitive" and "obvious" to say it every week, but it's never a bad thing to show appreciation.

But also, thanks to cipp for your quick translation, done roughly 30 minutes (!) after the chapter was released. Awesome stuff.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 1:48AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Here is the updated version of the Imgur bookmarklet.

Imgur bookmarklet

What it does

It gets rid of the spacing between images such that there are no dark grey bars between images.
It removes the maximum width of 680 pixels for images, so that they can be displayed at their original full size.

Instructions

Create a new bookmark on your browser's bookmark toolbar, and put this as the URL of the bookmark:

javascript:(function(){$('head').append('<style>.post-image-container--spacer{margin-bottom:0;}.post-container{width:auto;width:initial;}</style>');})();

Now, you essentially have a "button" on the bookmark toolbar. Go to a chapter in Imgur, then click on this "button", and it will make the changes to the current page.

Old versions:

May 2015
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/99962

September 2015
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/128536

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 12:04AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

Hey anonymous, is this bookmarklet not working anymore?

cipp:

@ieeheh

I'm not a programmer and not that familiar with JavaScript so no guarantees this will fix things for you, but try replacing the bookmarklet code with the following. At least it seems to work for me in Firefox and Chrome.

javascript:(function(){var sheet = document.createElement('style');sheet.innerHTML = ".post-image-container--spacer {margin-bottom: 0px !important;}";document.body.appendChild(sheet);var addedWidth=200;$('.post-pad .post-container').css('width',610+addedWidth+'px');})();

In other words, "I'm not a programmer but here is the HAX I wrote just now. B)"

lolo I keed

Yeah, cipp, your solution works. Nicely done!

I took the liberty of marking your code snippet as "code" above. (You can do that in Markdown simply by adding 4 spaces at the beginning of the line.)

@ ieeheh

The post you linked to was the old bookmarklet from May 2015.
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/99962

There was an update to the bookmarklet back in September 2015, when Imgur updated their site's design.
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/128536

However, the September 2015 version only gets rid of the spaces between images in order to get rid of the dark grey bars.

Hmm... I cannot be absolutely sure, but I think that in September 2015, after the initial redesign of Imgur, FF typeset images in Imgur albums were displayed without any downsizing. I could have sworn that I checked it back then and saw this, which is why when I updated the bookmarklet, I removed the "added width" part.

But anyway, regardless of whether it was really the case in September, today, the images on Imgur albums are indeed downsized, but luckily, only slightly. Instead of the full width of 690 pixels, it resizes the images on the page to a width of 680 pixels -- only slightly smaller. (It was far worse before the September 2015 redesign.)

Below is a minor update to my version of the bookmarklet.

The difference between this and cipp's version, which also works just fine too, is that rather than adding some width, which was my approach in the May 2015 bookmarklet, this one just overrides the rule that the container of the images cannot be more than 680 pixels in width, thus allowing images to be displayed at their actual sizes -- 690 pixels in the case of FF images.

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 12:14AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ffins07:

Oh... Eheh. (^__^ ; )

You mean ieeheh.

*gets booed off stage*

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 3:38AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ffins07:

I love the new art from Ssamba. (Still doing this tumblr view thing, ha-ha.)

...It is new, right? I can't tell when it was posted. I don't even know if I've linked the blog post property. :?

It's new... if you're a time traveller. ;D

2014.08.21. 19:08

I ought to post some of the official art in the art thread one of these days. The thread mainly has fan art, probably because there is just so much more fan art than official art (which is normal), but still, having the official art there would be nice.

In the past, I opted not to post it just because I assumed most FF fans have seen most of the official art. (And there isn't all that much.) Also, it is because it's very hard to find a lot of the official art in the best, original version. The ones that ssamba posted on her blog are fine. But for the ones that are only seen as banners or "covers" on Comico, it seems like all you ever find online are lower-quality, resized versions.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 3:33AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Jesus freakin' Christ, someone can compile all these analysis posts (such as this one above by ieeheh) and publish The Science Of Fluttering Feelings lolo

But seriously though, to all the obsessed perceptive people, nice job for all these analyses! Interesting stuff to read. :3

@ ieeheh

About the "confessions" cultural stuff and the links you posted...

Fascinating stuff... I did not see it from the perspective of this being a "major cultural element".

(The video in the first link is especially neat to watch. Although it does show that there are also some differing opinions on the matter.)

Unsure if Koreans really do it similarly as the Japanese, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if it were the case, given that the two cultures have many similarities.

Now, with that in mind, I'll say this.

If the "confession" is nothing more than basically "making things official", but otherwise, both people already already have some sort of feelings towards each other, then that's fine. Making things official is a good thing. Because leaving things vague and up in the air is being "not confident" in your relationship, which is definitely not a good start.

However, I suppose what I like less is certain kinds of confession scenarios in fiction. For instance, two people just met, and one person immediately falls in love with the other and confesses. Because you know, screw "getting to know each other" or any of that crap! Skip over all of that and just start dating with zero information! Or another scenario, one person likes the other, but the other has no such feelings. So the first person has to actually confess to get something to happen. But this would mean that the other was not even considering it until that confession, which strikes me as trying to "force" a relationship to happen rather than having one come to life naturally.

... And yes, I am purposefully exaggerating these scenarios to portray them in a negative light. Pseudo-strawman FTW! ;D

But yeah, I hope it's kinda understood what I'm getting at. I often see manifestations of these scenarios or variations in fiction. (Although sometimes, it's not too noticeable when it's well executed enough.)

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 3:14AM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

cipp:

Just out of curiosity, who do you all want to confess first? (Maybe I'll put this up as a poll, but probably not now since there's a chapter dropping soon)

• A: No-rae
  • B: Seol-a
  • C: Both - Simultaneous confessions ftw, coincidental timing be damned
  • D: Neither - Who needs confessions? They should jump straight to kissing
  • E: Neither - Frustrated feelings forever <3

ieeheh:

I think most of us, including myself, would want No-rae to confess first. But I'd go with D.
No-rae already had a confession from Sung-Pyo, Ji-hwan, and a failed attempt by Seol-a. So I don't want to see Seol-a be the one who do all the work. But with No-rae's personality, it's hard to imagine her to pull up the courage to open her mouth to speak up, maybe to kiss would be a easier to imagine scenario hahah

Layla:

I Definitely want no rae to confess first ..cuz seola already tried and failed ..plus norae has such a cool and collected character that it would be inertesting to see all her walls break ..but this is ssamba we're talking about so it would be 3 more chapters before anything else happens again but no matter what the next chapter is going to be a lot of awkward that foe sure.

korramylove:

Personally I'm all for No-rae confessing first. It kind of builds on her narrative of getting past the pain of past relationships and taking control and not being afraid of new beginnings. However, I wouldn't mind if Seol-a confessed first either because then it'll show her personal growth in the way she has relationships. This time it'll be for real, and not some fling.

I may be in the minority, but I really would prefer no confession.

Just my view, but I never liked confessions in stories all that much. Also, it's also a trope that I feel is overused. Now, not to get into a huge tangent about tropes/cliches, but in short, I don't feel all tropes are "bad" per se, but The Confession™ is one that is seen really frequently in yuri stories, and heck, romance/love stories in general across all mediums, even including movies. To me, it seems like such a "typical" way to get a relationship started. Not necessarily a "bad" way, just... really typical. My hope is that FF, being mostly not typical in its storytelling and plot progression (IMO, of course), would avoid this trope.

Also, though stories != real life, how often do relationships IRL start with a straight-up confession? OK, YMMV definitely, and anything that anyone says, including myself, is purely anecdotal and not... scientifically or statistically proven. But I would think most relationships start in a more "natural" way? As in... both people know they like each other, not with some sort of major "profession of love" at a single point in time, but rather, through spending time with each other over a period of time, there is an unsaid awareness from both sides that they are attracted to and have feelings for one another. And in such a case, a confession would be purely... redundant? Is this too crazy of a thought? ;P

Now, if FF really does go with a "traditional" direct confession, well, I wouldn't be disappointed or "angry" or anything. OK, maybe slightly disappointed. :3

But yeah, that's that.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 8:05PM

anonymous
anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

No-rae over the course of the series...

Collage by mickytamoon:

Now is No-rae time

Source:
http://mickytamoon.tumblr.com/post/139081498688/now-is-no-rae-time
http://40.media.tumblr.com/2974af10a0752fa896b29064ac037734/tumblr_o23oehkXFA1rvkz7lo1_1280.jpg

last edited at Feb 12, 2016 12:57AM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015
anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

A thing by mickytamoon (with minor editing by me):

From complete strangers

to my rescuer

to another classmate

to the cute girl that I'd like to have as a sister

to the one I thought was using me

who makes me feel frustrated

who supports me

who makes me feel jealous

who makes my day without doing anything special

who gets me excited with your calls

the person for whom I gathered the courage to say how I feel

who makes my heart race

and makes me blush

and frustrated and jealous again

I love you

Source:
http://mickytamoon.tumblr.com/post/138755225533/fluttering-feelings

last edited at Feb 12, 2016 2:02AM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

Did someone just say Carol? 'Cause I think I just heard someone say Carol. X)

Fan art by chmartx:

ORIGINAL FULL SIZE: http://postimg.org/image/ji9oricd1/full/

Soooo.. I heard Ssamba watched Carol? That is so raaaad!!!

Lol. I have so much time and drawing energy right now. That doesn’t happen too often so, forgive me

[...] #fluttering feelings #femslash february #carol #fanart #Illustration #seol a #no rae #seol a is soooo hot with short hair #well.. seol a is hot all the time #my bad #i feel like i can draw this two in a lot of other character's clothes #still waiting for the day i can draw them with none #*wink* *wink*

Source:
http://chmartx.tumblr.com/post/139089091636/soooo-i-heard-ssamba-watched-carol-that-is-so
http://36.media.tumblr.com/575e9f388e216d5b712c503d1b038f46/tumblr_o2d53ejzbi1ug97doo1_1280.png

chmartx to the rescue!

Also feel free to check out the FF art thread for recent art by cipp, winter, brethjelly and more!
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/158976

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 11:14PM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by chmartx:

ORIGINAL FULL SIZE: http://postimg.org/image/ji9oricd1/full/

Soooo.. I heard Ssamba watched Carol? That is so raaaad!!!

Lol. I have so much time and drawing energy right now. That doesn’t happen too often so, forgive me

[...] #fluttering feelings #femslash february #carol #fanart #Illustration #seol a #no rae #seol a is soooo hot with short hair #well.. seol a is hot all the time #my bad #i feel like i can draw this two in a lot of other character's clothes #still waiting for the day i can draw them with none #*wink* *wink*

Source:
http://chmartx.tumblr.com/post/139089091636/soooo-i-heard-ssamba-watched-carol-that-is-so
http://36.media.tumblr.com/575e9f388e216d5b712c503d1b038f46/tumblr_o2d53ejzbi1ug97doo1_1280.png

joined Jan 31, 2015

An post from a few days ago...

craptree (link):

[...]

I did a very rough and dirty edit for fun, one giant page . Nothing like the stuff thatanon (let alone yuriproject) makes, just to make reading halmoni's translation easier.

Darn, missed this back then.

@ craptree (... or anyone else, for that matter)

If you ever make a typeset again and wish to have it uploaded to the Imgur account, please have the image be split into smaller separate images and send a .zip file to flutteringfeelingsmanhwa at gmail.com.

Only if you want, of course. :>

Don't worry about it being "rough" or whatever. All contributions are welcome.

Also, if you want to do it, don't worry about having two people do the same work. After all, the Imgur site did used to have multiple typesets of the same chapter by different people.

A little redundancy is also not a bad thing. For one thing, if one typeset is meant to be "quick and dirty", then there is also the advantage that a typeset would be made available to people faster, while the other more polished typeset might take longer to make. This is also a good thing in cases when one typesetter happens to be busy and needs more time. So in my mind, it's win-win.

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 1:17AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

One of our readers asked... (lolo)

aren't more chapters missing in flutteringfeelings.imgur.com? I'm asking cause other readers have some extra chapters not uploaded there, 5.5 (Chuseok Special), 19.5, they already had 28.5 (Special Edition Chapter 1), 40.1 (Hiatus Notice), 48.1 (Extra Edition Letter), the only ones they're missing are 46.5 (Special Edition Chapter 2) and the 50 shades of grey parody, they all already had typeset somewhere in the thread, why they're not in flutteringfeelings.imgur.com? [...]

The above quoted text has been edited to remove links to MangaHere, a manga site that is known to upload without permission.

I could've answered back privately, but might as well post it here, for whoever's interested in this information.

OK, so...

5.5 (Chuseok Special)

Indeed, the Chuseok Special between Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 was never on the Imgur site.

The Chuseok Special isn't there, simply because there was never a rough typeset of that special chapter.
(But the final release of the Chuseok Special is available on Dynasty.)

The history behind it is that Imgur site used to be for rough typesets, not final releases.

... Well, actually, it still is for rough typesets. It's just that rough typesets nowadays are of such good quality that they could almost be the final releases. (Long ago, there used to be a huge difference in quality between the roughs and the final releases. But around Chapter 31-32, the roughs got way better. And it got even better over time.)

This is on the Imgur site.

This is actually just the little "extra part" at the end of Chapter 19 -- those brief series of "random scenes".

48.1 (Extra Edition Letter)

This is also on the Imgur site.

they already had 28.5 (Special Edition Chapter 1)
[...]
the only ones they're missing are 46.5 (Special Edition Chapter 2) and the 50 shades of grey parody, they all already had typeset somewhere in the thread, why they're not in flutteringfeelings.imgur.com? [...]

"28.5 (Special Edition Chapter 1)" == "the 50 shades of grey parody", as far as I know.

Typesets of both special edition chapters were just uploaded in the past 24 hours, courtesy of cipp and ieeheh:
Special Edition Chapter [cipp] - 2015-03-30
Special Edition Chapter 2 [ieeheh] - 2015-09-28

And also, there was already another typeset of Special Edition Chapter 2, courtesy of romantic_reader:
Special Edition Chapter 2 [romantic_reader]

40.1 (Hiatus Notice)

Yes, the Hiatus Notice between Chapter 40 and Chapter 41 is now the only "chapter" that is not on the Imgur account.

... I believe that what's on MH is actually screencaps of the Overtoon typeset (overlay) by kyra.
I cannot double-check, because unfortunately, Overtoon for FF does not work right now, it seems.
But from what I remember back when I saw that typeset and from the "look" and "style" of the typeset, it should be kyra's.

kyra did not want her Overtoon typesets to be screencapped. So we won't be uploading her typeset to the Imgur site.

As a side note, she did make some non-Overtoon typesets before, and those are in the Imgur account.

As another side note, that Overtoon typeset was a release that she never announced, unfortunately. So probably not many people knew to try Overtoon for the Hiatus Notice back in the day.

last edited at Feb 10, 2016 1:24AM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by brethjelly:

So close but yet so far… TTTT

sketch…

[...] #i want seol-a to meet no-rae sister :v

Source:
http://brethjelly.tumblr.com/post/138996407403/so-close-but-yet-so-far-tttt-sketch
http://40.media.tumblr.com/449cb5ad4eba7027e87ef230ac78c216/tumblr_o2ai24Kygp1rj6vemo1_1280.jpg

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

mezmerize, i'm amazed at your interpretation, even with your "broken" English lol. FF fans are the best!!!
[...]

FTFY: mezmerize, i'm mezmerized by your interpretation

B)

mezmerize:

[...] for example, Norae's Prejuices on Seola's [...]

O_x

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 5:51PM

anonymous
joined Jan 31, 2015

Fan art by winter / melancholicwinter:

I’ll drop it here also~
WIP (for Valentine’s Day. Hihi)

Source:
http://melancholicwinter.tumblr.com/post/138930222735/ill-drop-it-here-also-wip-for-valentines-day
http://40.media.tumblr.com/f231722d45e263a886d364f5bc986868/tumblr_o28l1ikVoS1u56vjgo1_1280.png

winter!

Update:
The finished version is here:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/160282

last edited at Feb 15, 2016 1:26AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

[...]

I've done the typeset for Ssamba's Q&A special edition chapter 2 (between ch 46 & ch 47) (AGAIN?!! AAAA)
If anyone's interested in reading it again, you can read it again here lol

Ssamba is so cute I tell you.

[...]

edit: darn, so i typeset something already was done hahahahahah. i've been in trance after chapter 63.

cipp:

[...] However, there is one special chapter that isn't in the imgur album (the 50 shades of grey parody), I'm not sure if that ever got typeset... if it hasn't, I actually did a rough one a while back if people are interested.

cipp:

I'll just post it here, if there is a typeset already then I'll take this back down. I haven't read 50 Shades but this was still pretty funny.

Chapter 29.5 Special Edition 1
http://postimg.org/image/fpkvalonh/

Edit: I forgot to credit this properly in the image itself but the translation was from halmoni's pastebin!

@ cipp

Chapter 29.5 Special Edition 1

It's 28.5, actually.
Released on Monday, 2015-03-30.

@ cipp and ieeheh

If you would like, I can upload your typesets to the Fluttering Feelings Imgur account.

Let me know. :3

@ cipp

Can you please split the one huge image into a bunch of smaller images? Like it is usually done on the Imgur uploads.

I could do it, but you have the original file.
Also, you can add the credits that you mention you forgot.
Also, because I'm lazy. ;D

Can you please send the images in a .zip file to flutteringfeelingsmanhwa at gmail.com?

(That is, of course, only if you to do it. Not "forcing" you or anything like that. ;P )

In any case, thank you both for your contributions, and great job to both of you!

last edited at Feb 9, 2016 2:23AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ ieeheh & Rere

FF DOUJIN ERR... DONG-IN / 동인 WHEN

last edited at Feb 8, 2016 1:08PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

Oh man I didnt know. Thanks for letting me know!!!

Sure, no prob. :3

Random side notes:

I have no clue why your PNG file was so big in file size. Yours was nearly 6 MB (!), while my resaved one is just below 1 MB, making it "hotlink-safe" for Postimage.org. But all I did was open the file and resave it with the highest compression, "Smallest / Slow". But again, despite that it's way smaller, it should be the exact same image quality since PNG. (Actually, the color profile might be different but... whatevs. ;D ) So no clue why yours was 6 times larger. *shrug*

But also, I'd like to note that despite this, Postimage.org is still the best free image hosting/upload site I know. (If someone knows one that's even better, feel free to suggest it.) It mostly leaves your files alone and does not modify them, unless you go to the "larger than 1 MB" territory, and most images don't surpass 1 MB. Well, in my case, anyway.

Tons of people use Imgur, and I used to use Imgur for a little while. But Imgur will resize files all the friggin' time. Imgur has a very small threshold of "this image is too large so we will resize it smaller automatically". But heck, sometimes, it somehow "changes" even small image files for no apparent reason.

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 11:15PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

How we would've wanted it to happen

[inline image http://s17.postimg.org/f0xvdrjcd/ch63_b.png]

For me, that image is a broken image.

It is because for me, if I were to go to that image address http://s17.postimg.org/f0xvdrjcd/ch63_b.png
it would redirect to http://postimg.org/image/9crkmvezv/
This might NOT be happening to you, because you are the uploader, and that for some reason can change what you see... (This has happened to be before.)

In Postimage.org, for images with a very large file size (I believe it is when it is more than 1 MB), they do not allow hotlinking the image on other sites and force people to visit the Postimage.org page, i.e., postimg.org/image/9crkmvezv/, to see it.

You, being the uploader, might see it for whatever reason. But as for others, some people might see it; some people might not.

Basically, if you ever upload an image to Postimage.org, and it does not give you the direct URL right away, then it means it is considered "too large to hotlink".

Below is the image resaved as PNG. (In theory, there should be no loss in quality, since PNG is lossless unlike JPEG.)

Alternate canon ( ;D ) by ieeheh:

last edited at Feb 7, 2016 11:46PM