Forum › Posts by ColonalCat

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

It's kind of impressive how, if you don't know the ships and their relationships very well, this makes no sense whatsoever. But clearly from the comments if you do, it works really well.

Isn't that pretty normal if you don't know a fandom?

Yeah, but there is the development of kind of getting what the characters are about when you read a bit about them through doujins, unless they're OOC of course.

Also, I got a third Akagi. So Kaga and her Akagi harem of 3 xD And the next event is around Carriers so we'll see.

@Nezchan You should succumb to our side and start playing KanColle xD Also watch the anime :P

I think Kancolle is like Touhou where you just kinda get to know the ships and their relationships by reading a bunch of doujin (at least that's how I got into Kancolle). It feels like most of the "canon" was created by the fandom anyway.

Tried that, but I've never really been able to get all these similar-looking characters straight in my head. Touhou was easy. Strike Witches was easy. Lucky Star, Madoka, PreCure, I could figure them all out without watching/playing the originals (although I watched S1 Strike Witches later on). But KanColle I find impenetrable for the most part.

KanColle has a metric shit ton of characters in it, and girls of the same class tend to look similar for obvious reasons (minus oddities like Murakumo). Understandable where you come from.

The issue I take is that if I read your comment correctly, you haven't watched Madoka yet? Dear God, spoiled or no, you are missing out on a treat amongst treats, Nez.

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Woo, finally a new Kantai doujin. Kaga is strong, she's been carrying me this event alone xD I really want her and Akagi to get a Kai Ni..

Both have done wonders and are incredibly popular with everyone. They're just delaying it so as to extend the life of the game even more, since there are a number of other girls also eligible for a Kai Ni.

ColonalCat
Untitled discussion 28 Aug 13:14
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

THE ART!! OH MY GOD THE ART!!!

Is there something wrong with it? Seems okay to me, aside from the fact that they're apparently in a room with no traces of anyone living there. Bare walls, no rug, hardly anything on the nightstand, empty except for the nightstand, bed and curtain. Even hotel rooms feel more lived-in.

I think the OP was talking about how beautifully drawn Luka and Miku were. Some of the best I've seen in a while.

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well the mangaka talked about how much she loves sticky soap operas. She's done a good job replicating that lmfao.

I guess people are a fan of Takeda purely because I think most yuri manga either portray guys as insignificant or as cuntmuffins. He isn't really either, he just is young and naive about what the line between love and lust is. Which isn't particularly good for Yuma.

I'm just curious as to whether mangaka will clean things up properly or if she's going to purposely make a messed-up ending where no one is really happy.

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Kaga be careful, hun. You are over level 100 now, they're gonna need you out in the waters, not in the dock.

ColonalCat
Stretch discussion 28 Aug 13:00
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

More seriously, hasn't Ran been pushing Keiko for a while now to sit down with her ex like adults and settle things once and for all? Whether getting back together or walking away doesn't matter, although obviously the latter would be better for Ran.

Actually a lot of the story parts have to do with Ran building Keiko up to the point where she can face her demons. Not just the ex but her mom too, and as we saw earlier dealing with simple things like seeing kids playing.

Tapping into this, if there is any yuri to be had in the end, having Keiko move on from her demons is the best place to start. Hard to have a real relationship with someone who hasn't settled things properly with their ex (especially when it was largely a one-sided fault on their part), and even harder when they're still stuck on a difficult relationship with those closest (parents, in this example).

Granted Keiko never really seemed to have a close relationship with her mother at all, but just being able to tie those ends off leaves a LOT more room for a lover to jump into and be held up properly.

ColonalCat
After Hours discussion 28 Aug 12:52
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

More gay cliffhangers at: .....

NO FUCKING KIDDING.

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

God now I wanna know how she came to be the way she is....that doesn't just happen to someone.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:42
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
Tumblr_ntp1ky0v3y1u2svhpo2_1280

If you tease an Eli too much, she's gonna want more.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:41
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
50244210_p4

Minami tried to make Anya jealous and just ended up dropping the ball on her own foot.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:40
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
50244210_p3

I think she is, and doesn't seem to particularly care.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:39
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
46502026_p0

I wanna know what they were doing for this situation to even occur.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:34
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
Tumblr_nrk8gs4xh01ra3h5lo2_r1_1280

Uhhhhh...not to be the harbinger of bad news but...

Soleil's back story makes a lot more sense if you look into it. Without spoiling too much, she obsesses over cute girl because of a tragic event with a certain guy in the past. The potion isn't an "anti-gay" medication; it was a medication that helped snap her out of overly fawning over the girls, to the point she would faint on the battlefield (that's kinda dangerous, ya know?). Because it was given to her by the guy character, she learns to trust men once again and is able to legitimately fall in love. She continues to fawn over cute girls afterward (think Sena from Haganai) afterwards. At the very least, she is bisexual. And it kinda makes sense why they couldn't have the same setup for the female character...but I mean, they could just have made a similar-but-different way to have the female character fall in love with her/

And at the very least, one of the Fates games has the option for a yuri end with the main character, and BOTH will have the option in the DLC third storyline.

...I guess that wasn't bad news? More good news than bad.

last edited at Aug 28, 2015 12:35PM

ColonalCat
Age 15 discussion 24 Aug 03:13
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Phyis, Procyon, and Yuri Girl, continued thanks for all your hard work on these. We all appreciate it greatly.

I'm curious as to what's up with Ema and Yoshino now. Like are they actually lovers? Or is that a misunderstanding? Kinda hard for me to tell unless clear, cut, and obvious evidence that I am brainfarting on suggests otherwise.

Other than that, I wonder if Miku's rambunctious lifestyle is gonna be addressed at all in the future chapters, or if it'll just continue to be glorified. Hopefully not the latter, but I suppose it's a minor enough theme that I can give this series a hall pass if it doesn't particularly engage that battle.

ColonalCat
Snowflakes discussion 21 Aug 03:49
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

Girl A: "Are you a lesbian?"
Girl B: "Looks that way, I guess!"
Me: "A girl actually takes positive ownership of her attraction to women in a yuri story! Wonderful! In the past it would've been depicted as nothing but akogare, but here we have a girl cheerfully accepting her lesbianism! What happy times we're living in!"
Dynasty comments: "She's not a lesbian guys, it's just akogare."
Me: ಠ_ಠ

Oh the irony.

I think it's more of a debate whether or not Haruko actually was in love with Shinozaki or if she was just in admiration with her. Hard to really say whether she is a lesbian or isn't after considering that though, because of the whole deal where straight girls these days dote on each other all the time. But I think it's fair to say there is sufficient evidence to suggest as much.

And I mean, Rui pretty cleanly finds out about it and embraces it, more or less. At least, she doesn't deny it.

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

":)"

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

This manga is so cliché

Indeed. The manga does, in fact, exist. Thank you for pointing that out, for a second I thought it was fake. Pardon the salt, I just really get irked by this.

This really is a hit or miss depending on your personal tastes. Granted it is a rather stripped down, low-development version of this sort of battle royale-type scenarios, at the end of the day if you like this kind of story (DanganRonpa, Battle Royale, Cage of Eden, etc.), you'll like it; and if you don't, you don't.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 18 Aug 05:09
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

At the end is ch 2 when she said she felt like crying was she happy or sad?

It could be interpreted in both ways - though it seems that Shina feels more sad than happy.

Happy that she isn't the only one feeling something for Kuroneko and that both parties have mutual feelings for each other.
Sad that even though her love is fulfilled, they can't go on because Shina knows that her "friendship" would be cut off if she were to enter into a relationship with Kuroneko OR they'd have to keep their relationship a secret (which most likely Kuroneko wouldn't oblige to do from how she's portrayed in this manga - given the fact that she lashed out after telling everyone that she and Shina would have went all the way if it weren't for their periods).

Shina would have to choose between her relationship with Kuroneko or her social standing with her classmates. Either way, she loses out in something.

Kinda hard to say she loses out if she cuts off her social standing with classmates. Estranging yourself is by no means a good thing, but setting up personal boundaries against those who interfere where they have no business interfering is a healthy activity. I think she's at least subconsciously aware of it at this point.

Very well could be that she theoretically holds off on her response for awhile, but she already is doubting the value of her relationship with her friends. Eventually the confirmed value of her budding love for Kuroneko would override that.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 19:36
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

Interesting story, though.

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

I think that's a super important point actually. Kuroneko saw how Shiina got cold feet and went full coward on her, and still is able to love her completely. I think in the future, Shiina'd need to be helped along by Kuroneko, but I think the potential is there.

Yet. It is obvious she will overcome the social stigma in time. After all, she is not in some internet forum but in the 'real world'. It isn't easy to do something that will make you an outcast at your school, even if it is the right thing to do.

She slipped up once, and she very may well slip up again. But if Kuroneko can take it and move onward, and Shiina was able readily at least partially apologize for it, there's a lot more hope for their future.

Overall I'm content with this. It doesn't try to be anything more than the twoshot illuminating the difficulties of social pressure on relationships, and it does a fabulous job at that. Could it be more? Of course. Nisekoi started as a good oneshot that someone somewhere with power decided it could be made into something far more expansive. But the oneshot itself is very good sovereign for what box it fits itself under.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 12:27
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was...the end? Oh. Okay.

I'll assume a happy ending based on the expression on MC's face. She seems so happy she's driven to tears, but MC is just not aware of it because of the crippling social expectations that Yoshida supplies. She clearly feels bad about what she did to Kuroneko. The fact she decided to go all the way with her after thinking about her social life, and the way she acted with the scene with the cat suggests to me that she want to face forward in the direction if Kuroneko.

Of course with an ending like that it can have a litany of 'continuations', ranging from MC disowning her precious school life's actions and embracing Kuroneko completely, to the exact opposite. I just feel based on our evidence it'd be more like the former.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:16
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
Cmye-x7ucaeskaz.jpg%20large

Every yuri artist it seems is starting to dabble in this series.

Not that I'm complainin', of course.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:14
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
48783395_p4

Useful information for later on Minami, winkyface.emoji

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:13
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014
Ckhqqtsuaaavg8a.jpg%20large

Look at Anya she's so happy.

ColonalCat
Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

I am severely disappointed no one has mentioned the similarities this has to DanganRonpa. Suddenly blacking out? A killing game? Backstabbing? Of course not near as in depth at the moment, and there will be no heartbreaking trials where all the fucking best characters die just as you start to fucking like them fuck me, but the resemblance is most striking to that.

Also resembles Cage of Eden a lot...just hope it doesn't have the copout ending that manga had ugh.

I like this style a lot, but it takes a really crafty, shrewd, talented, and clairvoyant writer to pull it off. Just like in the world you have created, one misstep and you're good as screwed.

last edited at Aug 16, 2015 3:12AM

Kumirei%20(2)
joined Jun 6, 2014

And the price for best "dignified friend who looks after their friends but ends up forever alone herself" goes to.. Mami! :D
She needs some love too, I'm off to read some Mami x Office Lady.

She may not have a lover, but in ten years she'll be the cool, rich single aunt living traveling europe while the rest are married and busy :P

Nagisa's crying from being ignored over here, people.