Forum › Posts by ColonalCat

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

God now I wanna know how she came to be the way she is....that doesn't just happen to someone.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:42
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Tumblr_ntp1ky0v3y1u2svhpo2_1280

If you tease an Eli too much, she's gonna want more.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:41
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
50244210_p4

Minami tried to make Anya jealous and just ended up dropping the ball on her own foot.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:40
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
50244210_p3

I think she is, and doesn't seem to particularly care.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:39
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
46502026_p0

I wanna know what they were doing for this situation to even occur.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 28 Aug 12:34
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Tumblr_nrk8gs4xh01ra3h5lo2_r1_1280

Uhhhhh...not to be the harbinger of bad news but...

Soleil's back story makes a lot more sense if you look into it. Without spoiling too much, she obsesses over cute girl because of a tragic event with a certain guy in the past. The potion isn't an "anti-gay" medication; it was a medication that helped snap her out of overly fawning over the girls, to the point she would faint on the battlefield (that's kinda dangerous, ya know?). Because it was given to her by the guy character, she learns to trust men once again and is able to legitimately fall in love. She continues to fawn over cute girls afterward (think Sena from Haganai) afterwards. At the very least, she is bisexual. And it kinda makes sense why they couldn't have the same setup for the female character...but I mean, they could just have made a similar-but-different way to have the female character fall in love with her/

And at the very least, one of the Fates games has the option for a yuri end with the main character, and BOTH will have the option in the DLC third storyline.

...I guess that wasn't bad news? More good news than bad.

last edited at Aug 28, 2015 12:35PM

ColonalCat
Age 15 discussion 24 Aug 03:13
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Phyis, Procyon, and Yuri Girl, continued thanks for all your hard work on these. We all appreciate it greatly.

I'm curious as to what's up with Ema and Yoshino now. Like are they actually lovers? Or is that a misunderstanding? Kinda hard for me to tell unless clear, cut, and obvious evidence that I am brainfarting on suggests otherwise.

Other than that, I wonder if Miku's rambunctious lifestyle is gonna be addressed at all in the future chapters, or if it'll just continue to be glorified. Hopefully not the latter, but I suppose it's a minor enough theme that I can give this series a hall pass if it doesn't particularly engage that battle.

ColonalCat
Snowflakes discussion 21 Aug 03:49
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Girl A: "Are you a lesbian?"
Girl B: "Looks that way, I guess!"
Me: "A girl actually takes positive ownership of her attraction to women in a yuri story! Wonderful! In the past it would've been depicted as nothing but akogare, but here we have a girl cheerfully accepting her lesbianism! What happy times we're living in!"
Dynasty comments: "She's not a lesbian guys, it's just akogare."
Me: ಠ_ಠ

Oh the irony.

I think it's more of a debate whether or not Haruko actually was in love with Shinozaki or if she was just in admiration with her. Hard to really say whether she is a lesbian or isn't after considering that though, because of the whole deal where straight girls these days dote on each other all the time. But I think it's fair to say there is sufficient evidence to suggest as much.

And I mean, Rui pretty cleanly finds out about it and embraces it, more or less. At least, she doesn't deny it.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

":)"

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This manga is so cliché

Indeed. The manga does, in fact, exist. Thank you for pointing that out, for a second I thought it was fake. Pardon the salt, I just really get irked by this.

This really is a hit or miss depending on your personal tastes. Granted it is a rather stripped down, low-development version of this sort of battle royale-type scenarios, at the end of the day if you like this kind of story (DanganRonpa, Battle Royale, Cage of Eden, etc.), you'll like it; and if you don't, you don't.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 18 Aug 05:09
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

At the end is ch 2 when she said she felt like crying was she happy or sad?

It could be interpreted in both ways - though it seems that Shina feels more sad than happy.

Happy that she isn't the only one feeling something for Kuroneko and that both parties have mutual feelings for each other.
Sad that even though her love is fulfilled, they can't go on because Shina knows that her "friendship" would be cut off if she were to enter into a relationship with Kuroneko OR they'd have to keep their relationship a secret (which most likely Kuroneko wouldn't oblige to do from how she's portrayed in this manga - given the fact that she lashed out after telling everyone that she and Shina would have went all the way if it weren't for their periods).

Shina would have to choose between her relationship with Kuroneko or her social standing with her classmates. Either way, she loses out in something.

Kinda hard to say she loses out if she cuts off her social standing with classmates. Estranging yourself is by no means a good thing, but setting up personal boundaries against those who interfere where they have no business interfering is a healthy activity. I think she's at least subconsciously aware of it at this point.

Very well could be that she theoretically holds off on her response for awhile, but she already is doubting the value of her relationship with her friends. Eventually the confirmed value of her budding love for Kuroneko would override that.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 19:36
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was an abrupt end to it, feels like it should have a third part to wrap things up properly. We don't even really have Shiino's answer to the confession.

Interesting story, though.

I think we all know what her answer is. And I think Shiina felt guilty because she would like to be as strong as Kuroneko, but she isn't. That's why she want to cry, from guilt... and from happines. Even if Shiina is such a coward Kuroneko still loves her.

I think that's a super important point actually. Kuroneko saw how Shiina got cold feet and went full coward on her, and still is able to love her completely. I think in the future, Shiina'd need to be helped along by Kuroneko, but I think the potential is there.

Yet. It is obvious she will overcome the social stigma in time. After all, she is not in some internet forum but in the 'real world'. It isn't easy to do something that will make you an outcast at your school, even if it is the right thing to do.

She slipped up once, and she very may well slip up again. But if Kuroneko can take it and move onward, and Shiina was able readily at least partially apologize for it, there's a lot more hope for their future.

Overall I'm content with this. It doesn't try to be anything more than the twoshot illuminating the difficulties of social pressure on relationships, and it does a fabulous job at that. Could it be more? Of course. Nisekoi started as a good oneshot that someone somewhere with power decided it could be made into something far more expansive. But the oneshot itself is very good sovereign for what box it fits itself under.

ColonalCat
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 12:27
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

That was...the end? Oh. Okay.

I'll assume a happy ending based on the expression on MC's face. She seems so happy she's driven to tears, but MC is just not aware of it because of the crippling social expectations that Yoshida supplies. She clearly feels bad about what she did to Kuroneko. The fact she decided to go all the way with her after thinking about her social life, and the way she acted with the scene with the cat suggests to me that she want to face forward in the direction if Kuroneko.

Of course with an ending like that it can have a litany of 'continuations', ranging from MC disowning her precious school life's actions and embracing Kuroneko completely, to the exact opposite. I just feel based on our evidence it'd be more like the former.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:16
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Cmye-x7ucaeskaz.jpg%20large

Every yuri artist it seems is starting to dabble in this series.

Not that I'm complainin', of course.

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:14
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
48783395_p4

Useful information for later on Minami, winkyface.emoji

ColonalCat
Image Comments 16 Aug 03:13
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014
Ckhqqtsuaaavg8a.jpg%20large

Look at Anya she's so happy.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I am severely disappointed no one has mentioned the similarities this has to DanganRonpa. Suddenly blacking out? A killing game? Backstabbing? Of course not near as in depth at the moment, and there will be no heartbreaking trials where all the fucking best characters die just as you start to fucking like them fuck me, but the resemblance is most striking to that.

Also resembles Cage of Eden a lot...just hope it doesn't have the copout ending that manga had ugh.

I like this style a lot, but it takes a really crafty, shrewd, talented, and clairvoyant writer to pull it off. Just like in the world you have created, one misstep and you're good as screwed.

last edited at Aug 16, 2015 3:12AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

And the price for best "dignified friend who looks after their friends but ends up forever alone herself" goes to.. Mami! :D
She needs some love too, I'm off to read some Mami x Office Lady.

She may not have a lover, but in ten years she'll be the cool, rich single aunt living traveling europe while the rest are married and busy :P

Nagisa's crying from being ignored over here, people.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I see the theme with this dump of KyouSaya works was all about "Family".

Coincidence? Probably. But I still like it.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Cuuuuuuuute.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Dense Hana, bad Hana.

Embarrassed Hina, good Hina.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

pretty much any form of bdsm involves sex. Why are you all acting like prudes? There is nothing wrong with it, it's just unconventional means of getting off.

I don't see anyone acting prude here. Just, I think you don't get at all that there can be something intellectual, or emotional, in that kind of practices. Sex, or getting off, is not necessarily the goal there.

It's like saying that there's no such thing as platonic love and everyone just wants the next orgasm.

I'm not into it myself, but I can understand that there can be something really intense emotionally in it.

Obviously it's an emotional as well as physical play. I guess it just depends on the couple, but when I think of it thats where my mind goes.

Also I said you guys sound like prudes because you're acting like sex is a bad thing.

Sex is a good thing; but acting as though S&M is purely a fetish is severely mitigating the worth of people who largely define themselves as sadists or masochists.

Have you ever read Shelly's Frankenstein? Did you know that Frankenstein and the Creature are in a bondage relationship (and it switches who plays what role at a number of times throughout the novel)? If you know that much, you are aware enough that BDSM is not strictly sexual.

last edited at Aug 15, 2015 12:41PM

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

JUST TAKE ALL MY TEARS DAMMIT

Eh, not like they actually ended up parting

That's true... Sayaka understandably believes they will though. Do we have any canon confirmation that these two still live together when Homura reshapes the world?

This is an Urobuchi and Akiyuki work, and one of their most thorough and brilliant ones at that, so about 85% of the "canon" at the end of Rebellion is what we call 'subtext' in this community. AKA, you have to interpret, analyze, and read between the lines.

However, to answer your question, we sorta do. Kyouko's hard past is not going to suddenly not happen, poor girl. And they remain the closest together in Homucifer's most recent timeline, so it'd only make sense.

also anything can happen in the 4th movie.

Eh, there's gonna be a 4th movie? I thought the announcement for "Atonement" was just a (well-orchestrated..) April Fool's joke?

We have no confirmed continuation to the series, but if Urobuchi and Akiyuki's krew at Shaft butted heads about one, it'd be amazing and make sense. There's enough possible material for a true finale, as well as the fanhood and financial support to convince management it'd be a smart decision. Shaft hasn't announced their next project after Nisekoi:, so who knows what they'll be doing next.

But if they don't ever continue it, that'd be fine and okay as well. If they do continue it, we can expect a lot more yuri canonization if anything, because Shaft has proved on multiple occasions that they're on our side (Negima, Hanamonogatari, Sasami@, Koufuku Graffiti).

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

If you like this manga, i really recommand that you read the other works of this artist, especially this one

Quite good, but too bad that I'm in Yukari x Yuyuko camp =/

And Marisa x everyone (Reimu included)

I like Yukari x Reimu personally, but I hold by the universal law that in Touhou all yuri is good yuri if done right.

ColonalCat
Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Nanami-senpai seems a little pushy for someone who's supposedly never been interested in someone before

I think it is exactly because she was never in love before so now she is all excited and wants to experience as much as possible as fast as she can. Let's be honest, if you didn't feel anything for anyone your entire life and then one day you suddenly felt incredibly interested in someone, you would be hyped and wanted to keep this feeling going as long as possible as well.

Koito-san has this wonderfully hopeful aura of, "I've no idea what it feels like to be in love, but I'm really looking forward to experiencing it someday."

It is why this manga is so great <3

Though, admittedly, if she's hoping her senpai elicits those feelings in her, then she's probably already in love without realizing it.

I'm not sure. As you said earlier, she hopes to experience those feelings, so she hopes senpai will somehow manage to lit the fire in her heart and let her.

What makes us so interested in it, is that Nanami is approaching everything so perfectly. She's not being overly pushy, nor is she making things melodramatic or awkward. She's doing the "We are just friends, but I happen to be in love with you, and I am okay with that". Which might be exactly what Koito probably needs if she were to fall in love with someone. And the kicker is that Nanami is pretty clearly just being herself...she's playing her character naturally and from the heart which makes the actions all the more compatible.

Looking forward to the future of this one big time.