Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

She basically took the "She said she loves me trope, but does she mean it the same way" and decided "Yes, she definitely does."

Also, did I read that authors note right? They were asked to write an ecchi manga, so they drew 50 pages of fluff and have another volume of (probably) fluff to follow it up? Also, also, they want to do another volume, set when the characters are older, with the actual ecchi? I'm ok with all of this and definitely want more.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Naori’s charisma is too powerful lol

Also, we’re nearing idiot couple territory with this chapter

Based on the scene where they started watching Veryuri and Settsu's assessment, we're already there. I mean, that image of them watching a movie, with Hinata draped over Naori's shoulders, just screams "they're a couple" and the fact that they some how haven't realized it yet ...

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Cesarzebrah-1738476786311467494-img1

Does she have notably bad vision?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
En-1452240362030833664

CANDY APPLES DONT TASTE LIKE APPLE THO, THEY USUALLY TASTE LIKE TOFFEE AND CHOCOLATE

Red candy apples still taste pretty apply, especially once you get past the candy shell.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_c6e4f533c97eca90c04bcddb2827fe7f_cece0110_2048

I was considering getting this game, it looks really cute and it has yuri

But when I found out the "Canon" route to the game she ends up with a guy she doesn't love I immediately lost interest

Wait. That makes is sound like the non-canon" routes have her ending up with ladies she likes, and the canon route has her ending with a man she doesn't. If that's accurate, it's an odd choice and raises some questions about the direction they're going.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Spoiler_1738099314310983767

Is that the same lady as the other pics? The color of her tattoo seems to have changed.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Jupimakyu-1742383839131877798-img1

That is one of the cuter Ami's I've seen, which is not exactly a low bar to clear.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is anyone else seeing broken images for the latest chapter?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This feels like a sequel?

There's another one with Yui and Funami which has an official translation which has, of course, can be found on Sadpanda

There's also the entire collection it's a part of on Dynasty.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So is there a reason why every member of this club has glasses?

The exact same glasses too.

On that note, is anyone else getting Otherside Picnic vibes from them?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Felt like this was super familiar and realized i read it on twitter a while back, happy to see it translated because it's really cute!

I dont know if the dynamic of older woman trying to resist tentation and behave accordingly, and younger one been the persistent and pushing force to getting in a romantic relationship was already made into a series, and even uploaded here, but I really would like one like that, the potencial for something deep and romantic, or just comedy and light drama/slice of life could also be great material with that kind of dynamic.

In my experience this is the most common Age gap dynamic (at the extremes, you find the older woman as a flailing 'no, we can't!' doormat and the younger one as a terrifying sadist, like in Lilies are in Full Bloom). The exceptions often go for "the older woman is a trainwreck" (ala Touko-san). I found the romance in JK-chan pretty mid (imo its timidity really kills the tension, especially compared to the initial illustrations by the author), but the gags are good and it's complete. A couple others that execute this well are Kusanagi-sensei and 1x1/2. Kusanagi-sensei is also here but quite a few chapters behind.

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse is also a really fluffy, and more laid back, take on the concept. It's probably one of my favorite age gaps.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yuzu's sister unironically shipping them, my GOAT

Idk how necessary the mother conflict might be since we already kinda have an antagonist in the form of Hina's old friend but we'll have to see!

I don't know if I'd necessarily look at it as "the mother conflict". Rather, I think it's tied into the issues with her old "friend" and her poor self image and all three elements are part of a greater whole, rather than individual things with separate antagonists.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Never would have expected them to defeat the monster by giving it an Orgasm, but this series continues to surprise me.

It was surprising, but it also fits well with the kind of word play that you often find in myths and folk tales. I quite liked it.

I'm less fond of how an attack that was implied to be a rape attempt (or analogous to one) was just sort of brushed off, without anger, fear, or any kind of negative consequence. I'm not sure if the story is downplaying the seriousness of what happened, because acknowledging it wouldn't fit the tone, or if it's supposed to imply something about how Naori thinks about herself. It honestly feels like a bit of both and while the latter could lead the story to some interesting places, if it's explored appropriately, the former would be disappointing.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, Hina's mom and her old "friend" are both super toxic. That's concerning, but it seems like Yuzu and her sister might have gotten a hint that something is up, so maybe they'll be able to help her.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There were some great facial expressions this chapter, but I think Aya's at the end takes the cake. It's super complicated and a bit conflicted; you know she's feeling something, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't think she knows either. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are many chapters that directly follow each other like this; there's usually a bit of a time gap between one ending and the next starting, even if they're in the middle of something important, right?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, that was cute and fluffy.

Also, I really like this partial color style, though I don't think this artist is using it as intentionally as some of the other's we've seen on here.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, ah, 00:00 to 22:00 would be 22 hours, not 12, right?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why is this one randomly read left to right? Both of the other chapters seem to be right to left, like normal.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The speculation about the curse manifesting as the villainous system sounds like it should make sense, but from what I understand, all the curse actually does, while you're still alive, is sap your vitality. How would it go from that to something WAY more active, like the system we saw at the start of the series?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, the little sister clearly has her priorities strait. ... Well, strait might not be the right word, but she knows what she's doing.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Crmanzana-1733661850036842799-img1

Cali's content expression and Kiara's nonplussed one make me feel like I'm missing something here.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Holy shit, Tan Tailan is smooth af. Got my heart racing!

World speedrun record, I think. General wastes no time.

Clearly, this is all a part of the general's cunning strategy: By staying as a secondary character, they aren't bound by the Romcom Conventions and, consequently, they can make progress on their relationship and actually get the girl before chapter 600, at a minimum.

last edited at Dec 8, 2023 2:45PM

Omega Deuse
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 00:12
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

"I am the way and the light, except occasionally* the light is muzzle flash." - the Goddess employing these Cupids, probably.

*: The Occasion is a day ending in 'y'.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

What was she looking at in the bathroom? also...We are so back!

All the expensive toiletries she could ruin with a well placed throw and some water.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wait if the exorcist new Michiru when she was young why didn't she say anything to her when she went through that window? Or even react at all? Throughout the excorcism she didn't act like there was anything special with Michiru or that she knew her at all until the very end.

She could have been trying to avoid aggravating whatever caused Michi to lose her memories or breaking their seal (if they were sealed for a reason).