Forum › Posts by xxcindybeexx

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Akiji posted:

I'm glad this chapter shed a little more light on Arata's situation; people were dunking on him pretty hard after the first chapter but I get the feeling that he's just as tired of going through the motions as Yukako. He can't even hang out with his 1 friend at work without someone making a big deal out of it.

Arata's situation illustrates something feminism knew very well in the 60s (before it got corrupted and rotten) that is: men are also victims of the capitalist-patriarchal social establishment, and suffer because of it as much as women.

I wouldn't go that far. Some men eventually suffer, because it's a "dog eat dog" system and those at the bottom of the hierarchy are not in a good position, but most of the "capitalist-patriarchal social establishment" is heavily skewed in their favor. They just have to navigate with the flow and everything becomes a lot easier. That Arata guy just has to drop his friend (who he uses to make himself feel better anyway) and pretend to be a predator among predators and everything will get better. The system favors men who follow its "rules".

A woman, on the other hand, has to struggle a lot more and abandon a lot more to be acknowledged. And even then the system is actively putting her down, so it's never enough.

So, don't put the struggle of men and women on the same level.

no one said they were on the same level, it's not a competition. a lot of people suffer, for lots of reasons. the real toxicity is not allowing them to acknowledge it just cause their suffering isn't worse. arata definitely has a lot going on on his end as well.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

This comment section: "why is there an age gap in this age gap tagged doujin?

jesus for real. what did you guys think this would be when you saw the tags? also, she is most definitely elementary school, and it's not just the backpack. the other real giveaway is the chapter with her struggling with her math. elementary school math. i still just read it as she's older myself, cause her behavior is just way too mature to believe she's in elementary. it's not that i have issues with someone looking like her in elementary. she just simply doesn't act like one to me. it's too hard to see her as one.

last edited at Apr 6, 2021 10:09PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i think school nurses are a myth in japan. THEY ARE NEVER THERE LOL

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

for myself not being into yaoi much, these 2 are actually my fav pair <3 and i also just love the relationship between honoka and her big sis, they are really cute together :)

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 26 Mar 05:04
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
83017624_p19

this is super gorgeous damn

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I don't think the one-shot itself was that ominous, we've just been so trained by everything else that demands a dark twist. The manga itself was pretty straightforward, hey, there's this legend about this place, okay, I'll try it, okay, it worked, okay, the shitty husband actually very realistically would make her want to run away if she has the option. Yay.

i actually didn't think for a second she would actually drown lol

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

"...For this 10-year-old grade-schooler."

...NOPE.

I could see younger, sure. I could see high school, I could even see a particularly mature early teen... But TEN YEARS OLD? No way in hell. That's beyond the point of believable, even with manga's broad range of "believable".

it's not even her size i have a problem with. i can see there being really rare cases of a kid just growing and developing that large/fast. but it's the things she says, her expressions, her behavior, her vocabulary, that makes this completely unbelievable. i actually enjoy reading this because i simply do not read this as her being ten, and i like the art/their interactions.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahaha i love ao's self introduction. nice break from the "cool beauty" >.>; hahaha and her sister totally knowing from long ago that she was gay is pretty awesome as well. and having both attracted to each other from the start is also awesome. usually it's one for the other but you don't really know what the other thinks til the end, just tiny suble hints along the way. these girls just dove right in XD i love it

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

aw man how nostalgic. i read this back when you had to download the chapters and couldn't read it on the net XD well at least my net. i actually still have them saved XD this one and fuck what's the other one that came out around the same time..Heart-Pounding Excitement at Mononoke Girls' Academy that's it XD god i loved that one, so freaking funny.

last edited at Mar 4, 2021 5:13PM

xxcindybeexx
Liberty discussion 22 Feb 16:39
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

you know what would be a really amazing story? where an ex shows up because they really wanted to try again, but when they find out the person is already in a new relationship, they gracefully lets go and wishes them happiness. why do exes always have to be such horrible people? lol. not all relationships end just cause the other person is a shitty person :X

edit: and ps liz has a terrible personality, and not just cause she cheated, but she's been treating maki like shit from the very start so i think her and her pos ex deserve each other. i'd love to see a maki x tsucchi instead!

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 5:31PM

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 13 Feb 05:54
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Elpsg1avmaavkuo-orig

kinda surprised i didn't really like her at all

xxcindybeexx
Twin Yuri discussion 13 Feb 02:51
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

is there like EVER twins in a story as main characters that don't want to fuck each other? lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's incredible, just don't have any more feelings for this story at all, like the chapter started out so random, felt like went from nothing to nowhere, next chapter couldn't care less? And finished off so abruptly it seems, like author was reminded it had to wrap things up and just did.
If I was in charge of this story, I'd of built mini-character arcs, as to building the MCs characters too, then again like I said many times before, this story had to be concluded at their High School days, this whole uni thing feels so unnecessary.

i'm pretty sure the author meant to end it there, but for whatever reason changed it. it went a long time between end of HS and beginning of college. i'm enjoying the new chapters, though kase needs to cool it with the jealousy good grief lol.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

really annoys me that she's constantly on her phone tbh lol

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 26 Jan 01:35
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
76175430_p2

^ lmao yaoi hands XD that's for sure LOL

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i really enjoy this author lol, hope more gets done before this disappears again XD

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

ch 43, pg 15, "I'll just check the storefront is all closed up" -> "if the storefront"

No, it's fine like that. "I'll check the cat is fed." "I'll check the door is locked." It acts like the word "confirm"/"affirm" there, if you want to think about that way.

idk i have to second that it sounds super weird without the if

edit: or "that the" sounds better also. not trying to nitpick though, i'm usually enjoying reading too much to pay too close attention to small problems with grammar. only started thinking about it cause i saw the comment :)

last edited at Jan 23, 2021 6:08AM

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 21 Jan 06:58
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
86915780_p0

this is hella beautiful wow

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

still a better love story than twilight.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if she's so famous why is she entering rookie contest lol. looks like her gaydar is working though XD "same quirk" is a good way to put it lol

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

^Yeah but its telling a story it isnt just art. The story has to be consistant to its reality and make sense if we are to take it as more than nonsensical rubbish.

Realism isnt optional in writing unless you establish why it doesnt have to be, and even then it has to stick to its established rules- and the explanation needs to make sense. We have nothing to go on in regards to how 2 different realities are co-habiting space.

I have no issue with the idea- as long as we get some explanation that matches what we are being told.

Oh brother, this website really is a literary brain trust

well they have a point. though since this is just the first chapter i'd give it a few more to wait for an explanation before nit picking personally. to some people this kind of thing matter though. the medium allows me to take it less seriously. if it was a book i'd be just as concerned over these points. for w/e reason i must not expect as much out of a manga story than one from a book.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao i think that was my favorite image

glad i kept reading at first it seemed stupid but it's actually quite funny

xxcindybeexx
Null Hug discussion 01 Jan 04:51
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Low-key headcanon for this is they're both lying about having partners and are just too dumb to admit they love one another without trying to goad the other on.

i'm gonna believe that to not feel bad about the cheating

wait wait wait....WHAT IF...the WHOLE thing was RP, and they are actually dating each other already?? i mean, why would she have the sleep mask with her after all?? and they both admitted to wanting to try it so it's something they already talked about and decided to do...

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 31 Dec 05:52
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Ep_69xdu0aewzwd-orig

^ hahha rhea is my goal for this play through XD i'm saving edelgard for last since according to SOURCES the best order for the diff playthroughs is the golden deer > blue one > then edlegard's. i got the opera singer in the first one, not too interested in the church girl for 2nd playthrough so decided on rhea lol. (sorry been a while since i played it so forgot names XD)

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 31 Dec 05:44
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

the iced tea likes to watch i see. don't blame it ;)