Forum › Posts by StarKnight

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

THAT'S why the high school girl looked so familiar. This is the same author as Fragtime and she looks exactly like the main character! Their relationship progressed a little too quickly for me. Felt forced the way all her friends were convincing her she had the expression of someone in love.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Why not

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

At some point my favorite ship shifted from Ai x Chie to Miyoshi x Ayano and I don't know when it happened. I guess I bore easily of vanilla.

StarKnight
Image Comments 20 Jul 12:49
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
75768618_p0

wtf happened to this series after the anime adaptation to illicit all this yuri fanart? I don't even recognise these girls.

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 07 Jun 07:12
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Hate to sound unappreciative considering I'm reading this thing for free, but literal fuck all happens in these chapters. And I don't even mean romantically since I was genuinely surprised at the jump from subtext to outright kissing but the chapters are just so... empty.

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 05 Nov 12:27
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Sunjing's looking kind of mannish lately.

last edited at Nov 5, 2018 12:30PM

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 26 Sep 12:35
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Small pet peeve but I'm slightly irritated whenever comic authors try their best to portray their characters overly cute in an attempt to evoke an "awwww" response from readers. Whether visually with comedic SD-drawn panels or with intentionally awkward lines. It comes off a bit inauthentic and cringe and I feel that has been happening a lot recently as the story grinds to a halt.

StarKnight
Image Comments 02 Sep 17:15
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
Dkwf4diuuaat3cs-orig

Another reason Sakura was a horrible character. Breaking off her friendship with the only girl that didn't bully her because of her forehead.... because they both liked a boy. You really have to try to write a character this badly. It's not an accident.

StarKnight
Citrus discussion 20 Aug 09:14
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I don't know how you stomach this trash. This is the only yuri manga I've ever had to drop for being too melodramatic, cliched and dumb. I came back to skim the last chapter for more melodrama followed by the most rushed love reconciliation/proposal/marriage I've ever seen. I mean, that had to be some kind of record. I'm sticking to yuri manwha. The Korean authors handle them so much better.

last edited at Aug 20, 2018 9:15AM

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

A bit off-topic, but what happened to these two in the manga? Haven't read it for quite some time.

Historia became queen after killing Rod Reiss and Ymir got devoured by another titan shifter.

So basically no happy ending for these two :,(

Ymir's death is somehow made worse by the fact that it basically happens offscreen. It's mentioned in an offhand comment, and another character has a flashback about it later, but for such an interesting character, with such a significant name, her actual death is given almost no emotional or dramatic weight whatsoever.

Rather than dying, it's more like she was written out of the story, and the author killed her off as an afterthought because he still needed her blood more than he needed her character. The connection she had built up with Historia gets unceremoniously dropped because the author wants a whole new character to have her power instead.

The fact that Historia also hasn't been a major character in forever makes me super suspicious, too. Like, the only two members of the old recon corp to get unceremoniously pushed out of the story happen to be the couple fans latched onto for being super gay? Hmm. It could just be a coincidence, but it's a pretty unfortunate one, at that.

Anyway that's why Ymir/Christa fanart is the most tragic shit ever and even when it's great it makes me want to cry, the end.

He likely didn't realise Ymir and Historia would become as popular as they did after the arc he wrote. He was gonna kill Sasha off when she encountered the Titan while protecting the little girl and chose against it after seeing how much his editor loved her. It's sad really, since just about every side character in the manga is more interesting than Eren, Mikasa and Armin. I'm still pissed Armin survived while Erwin died.

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 18 Mar 01:33
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

She got destroyed!

StarKnight
Image Comments 26 Feb 23:21
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
Thing

I don't know if I like this ship. Mostly because it interferes with my Kaminari x Jirou ship, which simply MUST happen.

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 02 Feb 08:38
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Oh no, poor guy!

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

StarKnight posted:

Rereading the first chapters, these characters were a lot less moe and a lot more raunchy lol

I remember reading this and feeling like all of them were gyaru, and the author likes gyarus but I guess over the time and with some advice s/he learned to make it more .. moeee~

They WERE gyarus but the author turned them moe as the series picked up readership, probably after realizing the demand for moe yuri. And it was even raunchier than most think. Once I found out Chie spoke in kansai my curiosity of checking out the raws revealed some crazy shit from chapter 21.

Now, I don't know if this is the pre-volume release and the author changed it or if the "clean" version was the magazine release and the raunchier version was redrawn for the volume release (no idea where the uploaders get their scans from) but this shit shook me.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Rereading the first chapters, these characters were a lot less moe and a lot more raunchy lol

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 11 Jan 15:26
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Would have been more interesting if the girl being bullied was Sun Jing. No, she's just the dashing heroine of the backstory like I expected her to be. I really couldn't care less about this girl and I don't see why I should in this abrupt addition to the story. She's had so little impact I had to be reminded she was a previously established character when she showed up recently. The author should be careful readership doesn't decline during this.

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 27 Dec 08:43
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

lmao shut up Sun Jing XD

StarKnight
Their Story discussion 22 Dec 22:30
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Why was she introduced? Fk off please, I've been waiting too damn long for a trope to get in the way.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

He actually drew them a little different. Mahiro looks slightly taller and thinner than Mahiru, while Mahiru's eyes are slanted downwards. /chpt87-page55

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I hate Kaoru so I can't like anything she's involved with.

StarKnight
Image Comments 27 Feb 04:01
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
Czfgtutucaavpis

Anabel grew since Advance. Looking like Kyouko Kirigiri's twin sister. I still ship her with Ash a little bit.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Nao and I would really get along. Also, how do Mahiru and Mahiro cope when they have to go home?

This artist is not capable of drawing characters that aren't fat fucks.

Horrible comment but made me laugh.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Ai and Chie prove again why they are my favourite in this manga.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

74 chapters into this manga I realise this series has no plot.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

About the length of a One Punch Man chapter... And just as frequent. sigh