Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why is Dynasty-Scans so far behind compared to sites like Mangafox? I'd rather read this here. I visited the original site, but my Korean is even worse than my Japanese.

Dude, you could seriously look four comments above yours for a detailed post on how to read the most up to date version while still giving pageviews to the author.

As to Mangafox, fuck Mangafox man. Just fuck 'em. Look at halmoni's post ON THE TOP OF THIS VERY PAGE to get your questions about that answered.

I think we need to offer a remedial reading course, seriously.

Nezchan Moderator
Image Comments 13 Jun 16:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
054c6ef571d79462d6ea07e4a2c97c9d

They are 100% best.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...At this rate it'll take 5 more years for them to hold hands...

Holding hands is serious stuff, you don't wanna rush into that.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Soooo ADORBZ THOSE SOULMATES!!! >~<
JUST GET MARRIED FOR REALZ! >3

Huh? They're just friends, they clearly say so. Why would they get married?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And anonymous nails it. Good job.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Was kinda hoping to read a "Inspired by actual events" at the end

Wouldn't that burn Nintendo's biscuits. They aren't big fans of same-sex stuff, as we saw with the Miiverse business a few months back.

Which business are you referring to? Was there some post that was taken down because it had same-sex stuff?

Ah, where they forbid gay marriage/relationships in Tomodachi Life last year, and eventually had to apologize and promise to include it in a later version (not sure if that's already happened or not). Even John Oliver made fun of them over it.

John Oliver is the reason we got that great peach x zelda gif.

Zelda x Impa is still OTP though.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 12 Jun 16:20
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

will lesbian JoJo ever gonna happen?

You mean dyke DIO? Already happening

Dio always did give off a kind of "diesel dyke" sort of riff.

Nezchan Moderator
Magan&Danai discussion 12 Jun 11:51
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

aw the puppy cried... and they're going at it for 12 hours? holy moly

They were going at it? I thought she only allowed her back to bed. Huhuh my innocence.

Pretty sure they were sleeping at least most of the time. They might have done something right after she was pulled back into bed, but the story doesn't say one way or the other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ugh, I hate that she just introduced something as major as Momo as a last-minute plot complication that you knew wasn't going to amount to much but instead amounted to absolutely nothing. That said, pretty much the entire last volume disappointed the hell out of me. It's not like the whole series wasn't fluff that didn't take itself seriously, but the way it ended was just too "welp, I'm tired of this so bye". Very unsatisfying all around, and no resolution on the one couple I actually was interested in by that point.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm a sucker for cheesy 90's pop like Aqua, Scatman John, Carlito or The Bloodhound Gang

DANGEROUSLY cheesy!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

At the very end it mentions there's a planned work on Taiyou and Ten, has that ever actually been released anywhere and translated by anyone? While things did start to develop between them it still didn't have an actual conclusion by the time the series ended so I'd kinda like to read it if possible.

I'd be interested in that too, since they were so much more interesting than the main couple by then and everyone else had gotten pretty played out by that point. Overall, that was the sole thing I was really waiting for in the last volume and was terribly disappointed when it was deferred to an extra somewhere else entirely.

Could have used more of the yuri couple too, of course.

Nezchan Moderator
Magan&Danai discussion 11 Jun 23:57
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Whether here on DS or anywhere else.

There is nowhere else. There is only Zuul Dynasty.

Nezchan Moderator
Magan&Danai discussion 11 Jun 21:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I totally didn't notice the husky bust on the shelf, so cute! This series is a treasure.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wouldn't that burn Nintendo's biscuits. They aren't big fans of same-sex stuff, as we saw with the Miiverse business a few months back.

Which business are you referring to? Was there some post that was taken down because it had same-sex stuff?

Ah, where they forbid gay marriage/relationships in Tomodachi Life last year, and eventually had to apologize and promise to include it in a later version (not sure if that's already happened or not). Even John Oliver made fun of them over it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You're a squid now
You're a kid now
You're gay as sin now

Nezchan Moderator
Magan&Danai discussion 11 Jun 20:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All right, I think there's one thing that we're all missing here. That is to say,

PUPPY!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Taylor Swift

Yeah my taste is bad

BANNED!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Of all that stuff, I know only a few things of Tom Waits and XTC. Definitely looking some of these up later, though.

Alternative pop with sweet harmonies, pity the lead singer turned out to be a serial rapist

What.

Jian Ghomeshi, it turned into a really big deal since he was a celebrity at CBC after leaving the band, and leaving a trail of abused and threatened women all the way down the line. The music he and the rest left behind was amazing though, often funny with beautiful harmonies. Feels a bit weird listening to it because of what happened though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I won't bother with links, y'all can just look up stuff yourself. But I like a pretty broad spectrum of stuff. Here's a sampling:

Boards of Canada - IDM
The Real Tuesday Weld - Neo-lounge
Beefy - Nerdcore
Kellylee Evans - Vocal jazz
Deep Forest - World music
Dan Mangan - Alt folk
Buck 65 - Weirdo hip-hop
Crashfaster - Chiptunes
Apollo Ghosts - Alt rock
Cardboard Crowns - Ska
Gypsophilia - Gypsy jazz
Frank Turner - Disillusioned punk
Torrentz - Nerdcore
Carolina Chocolate Drops - Oldschool folk
The Hot Sardines - Prohibition style jazz
Styx - Oldschool rock
XTC - Anything from punk to introspective pop, depends on the album
Moxy Früvous - Alternative pop with sweet harmonies, pity the lead singer turned out to be a serial rapist
Tom Waits - Broken down carnival
Tomas Dvorak - Ambient game sountrack
Adam WarRock - West coast nerdcore

Honourable mention to all the great artists of OverClocked Remix for their great re-imagined game soundtracks.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I seriously can't believe I forgot Supercakes! Such an amazingly fun comic about a pair of lesbian superheroes, it's so good, guys! You gotta check it out.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Except she wasn't about to jump. Her thoughts tell you she wasn't. Its was still kinda over the top yes but im pretty sure she wouldn't have. She was panicking and running not really suicidal (see earlier comments)

Why did she go to the top of the building, to enjoy the nice view? Regardless if she had suicidal intentions from the beginning, she could have died if she had slipped. It was extremely dangerous especially since she wasn't in the right frame of mind.

That's a bit dramatic, don't you think? Looking at where she is, the roof is only three stories up at most, and above large bushes. So even if she did jump, at most she might break an arm or get scratched up, but I doubt she'd die.

Yes, a dramatic location for a dramatic climax, but the whole thing was kind of done in broad, deliberately meolodramatic strokes as high school stuff goes. It fit.

Also the first place one would think to run, to get away from the person they want to avoid won't be the edge of a building would it?

You said "think", which is the exact thing she's not doing at that point. The sole thought was "go somewhere senpai isn't". After she's on the roof, she doesn't climb the fence right away, but only when she's trying to put a barrier between her and senpai. Which also has the story function of being somewhere a lot of people could see them. I doubt there was much actual thinking beyond that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This might be a good item to add to the Yuri In Other Media thread, I at least have added a couple of lesbian fantasy novels to the list. If you haven't read that yet, take a look.

Nezchan Moderator
Kase-san discussion 09 Jun 18:53
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I recall earlier on, it's made clear that Kase-san actually hasn't had as many prior relationships as the rumours around her say, and certainly none for at least a year before getting together with Yamada.

The only one constantly reminding Yamada of that rumours is Mikawacchi. A bit jealous maybe?

That's true. On the other hand, she's literally the only other person Yamada talks to, other than Kase-san and that one teacher.

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 6:53PM