Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I can recommend Dreamwidth, its interface is a lot like LiveJournal, but it's meant for writers and the like. The site owner has done a lot of fanfic, and has also done a lot of work making sure the site is reliable and meets the users' needs.

If it's writing, you might consider AO3. They have a lot of great yuri, and a lot of writers left fanfiction.net to move their work over back when ff cracked down on adult work. They also don't mess your formatting up the way ff.net does, which is nice.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, does the end of that last update make anyone else want to see the fanboys "accidentally" kiss in their excitement?

...Nah, not really

Hey, fair's fair.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, does the end of that last update make anyone else want to see the fanboys "accidentally" kiss in their excitement?

Nezchan Moderator
REAL Lesbian Manga 17 Jun 14:30
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sweet_little_devil

The first chapter is about them having a secret relationship, though.

Nezchan Moderator
REAL Lesbian Manga 17 Jun 11:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Surprised it didn't come up yet, but what about http://dynasty-scans.com/series/collectors ?

Tbh I can't recall if the closet thing was never mentioned, but the series is in general about a more realistic relationship. And, depending on what time frame is depicted, they're definitely open about it (but not necessarily "in your face").

Nishi Uko's stuff has had subtle references to the closet though, most notably Mannequin. Collectors is realistic in its way, but it's also a bit of a comedy so the darker parts of the real world don't tend to intrude. They still do sometimes, but she tries to keep it light.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That last panel would make a lot more sense if I knew what the boys were doing there with those...controllers? I don't even know. There's no context, although I'm guessing it might make sense to someone who plays.

I thought it was the real players irl ... Playing both as girls, but then it doesn't make sense that they're squids too!
I've been following these, I can't believe you got all together and translated thank you very much!

I think that's the same guys from earlier who observed the yuri as it developed. My guess is that they bonded over being yuri fans and proceeded to add each other as friends or something.

Maybe? It'd help if the little popup boxes at the end were translated.

Nezchan Moderator
REAL Lesbian Manga 17 Jun 09:34
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

idk, look at anything by Fujieda Miyabi, none of their stories feature opposition to lesbian relationships, or even a need to keep them secret. Morishima Akiko's stuff is usually about girls in happy, functioning gay relationships and often has adult characters who don't have that "hiding from classmates" thing going on. Even her big series, Hanjuku Joshi, doesn't have much about keeping the relationship secret although there are a couple of brief nods to the idea. Pieta, noted earlier, doesn't have any of that and is a more serious series.

Love My Life (not on the reader) is about a somewhat older (college age?) couple and the MC coming to terms with both her parents being gay as well, although her girlfriend is keeping their relationship secret from her father that's about all there is of secrecy. The movie's not bad although it seems to portray the MC as slightly less mature.

As whatwhat noted, the whole question is kind of vague so it's hard to answer well.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If ya missed the PC E3 conference, I think Projared summed it up pretty well... There was not much in it...

Yeah, I took a quick look, scanned ahead a bit and got him dismissing a game I've been waiting for, Tacoma, and just dismissed it with barely a word (and couldn't even get the name of their previous game right) and knew that what this guy thinks is a priority doesn't match mine.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That last panel would make a lot more sense if I knew what the boys were doing there with those...controllers? I don't even know. There's no context, although I'm guessing it might make sense to someone who plays.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A noble failure is more valuable than a pretty but boring product that quickly fades into obscurity. The lifeblood of any creative field is that people are encouraged to try, even though they may fail spectacularly.

Absolutely, when I meant competent I also meant that they tried. Example given by a previous poster is Unity, obviously ubisoft is ABLE to do a good game, but Unity and ( insert any company that churns out sequels like crazy with little to no change ) is not what I meant.

So confusing. Since I haven't played an AC game for a while, I mostly associate the name Unity with the engine rather than UbiSoft's game. Being a Linux gamer reinforces that since Unity is pretty portable.

Perhaps previous poster ( I'm sorry I'm so bad with names ) didn't explain or I didn't understand him/her. But it felt like he/she said that he/she would prefer a studio trying and ultimately "failing" before a great team that turns out with a great product.

Can't speak to what they meant, but personally I think the playing field is big enough for a Little Guy doing something daring and not quite reaching the mark as well as Big AAA Studio making Mr. Shooty Man XXVII, starring Stubbleface McWhiteboy. It's just that the former will encourage others to take that leap and maybe get a masterpiece out of it. Or not, they won't know until they try.

Anyone watched the PC conference? The best thing about it was Day9, man was it boring pretty much the whole way through. You could see how it was the first conference of it's kind.

Missed it. Which is a shame because I regularly watch Day [9]. But a friend took me out to see the Furiosa movie, which was awesome and totally made up for it.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didn't quite get the plot. I know that Reimu killed Sanae's parents, but idk why she did it. Can someone explain it to me?

Sanae's "parents" being Kanako and Suwako is what I'd expect, and this is probably a darker version of the game where they tried to take over Reimu's shrine and she won by destroying them. Just a guess though.

I thought Kanako and Suwako had their own shrine.

Well, Kanako was originally a conquering god, which was how she ended up attached to Suwako whose land she claimed. In her first appearance in the games, she attempts to take over the Hakurei shrine by force, after Reimu refuses to just hand it over.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 11:19PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

anyone read the raws and care to share some spoilers?

drpepperfan literally said no spoilers not 10 posts above you.

why would i care what he/she said? you can hide spoilers so whats the big deal... and is he/she some kind of god here? Lukashenko of dynasty-scansr?

Because if you don't, you get kicked off the forums. Pretty simple, really.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This reminds me of the story idea I'd love to see done for Keine x Mokou, where after the former dies, the latter waits for her reincarnation and so they cycle through again and again. After all, Mokou literally has all the time in the world, and having that to look forward to would keep her sane in the between times.

As to this story, I guess Reimu worked out a deal with the Yama and Yuyuko to allow their annual returns in a Dragonball Z kinda way.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd say that the first time Hijiki visit Makai, Alice hasn't been made.

She was there for a thousand years, and by the time she was freed Alice had already been in several games. So either they were both there together, or Alice has been in the Forest of Magic for more than ten centuries.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also why would you want a bad game because a guy tried hard and not want a great game because the guy was competent? Wut is dis logic.

A noble failure is more valuable than a pretty but boring product that quickly fades into obscurity. The lifeblood of any creative field is that people are encouraged to try, even though they may fail spectacularly.

Obviously a piece of crap with free unity assets and clipart textures that some asshole is trying to sell on Steam for $30 USD isn't worth as much as either. But we'll let Jim Sterling deal with those.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The interesting thought here is that if she's been in Makai all that time, it's funny she doesn't interact much with Shinki's other daughter, Alice.

Perhaps she was already sent away? There isn't an age to Alice is there?

Hijiri was in Makai for a thousand years, seems a long time for Alice to be in Gensokyo. But I doubt there's a canon answer to it so it leaves open the question of why nobody seems to have chosen to have them interact in a doujin. Certainly if an author wanted to it's easy to justify, but I've never seen it.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On the 'lustful demon' thing, do you think she slept with them in page 14. It looks like it to me, they're sweaty and blushing very profusely.

The curse goddess is Suwako right? I always confuse her with Kanako, cause she looks more like a curse goddess. And she is that 'snake person'? I thought Nue referred to Sanae.

Kanako is associated with snakes and Suwako with frogs, which is why Sanae wears both symbols in her hair. Suwako is either a local land god or a curse god depending on whose doujin you read, I don't know if it's ever that closely defined in any case.

The interesting thought here is that if she's been in Makai all that time, it's funny she doesn't interact much with Shinki's other daughter, Alice.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe they wear C-String? Now, it is my turn to stretch credulity thinner than your maxy pad.

I like how some of the models are basically "I don't dare move, please take the picture fast".

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, re-reading this a couple more times I've revised my opinion. Hijiri didn't sleep with Kanako, but she sure as hell wanted to. The little omake drawing at the end about being unfaithful is about her desires, rather than something she actually did.

However, that said she does come off as an insincere player for most of this, especially scenes like this one, where she's known as a "lustful demon" and gives that "heh, easy pickings" look at the inexperienced Shinki. And later on, she thinks to herself that her intention was just to "mess around a bit" where Shinki is concerned. Hell, she doesn't come off as sincere at all until page 35, when she finally opens up about how she feels. It's like she didn't realize the depth of her own feelings until then, even during the whole time she was in Makai, which of course would explain why she had desire for a fling with Kanako (but Suwako was like NOPE!).

tl;dr Hijiri is terrible, but redeems herself a bit at the end.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 4:11PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Perhaps, but she hasn't realized that she has feelings for her and is more on the side of 'Oh, I'm just an outlet' kind of thoughts. There is going to be a difference between when she doesn't and does realize that she loves her.

I haven't watched Nanoha so I don't know what her character is like.

I haven't actually watched StrikerS, but in the context of this story she knows exactly what she's getting into and knows Subaru's needs as well as Ginga's place in her life. If she can't accept that, then she didn't fall in love with the real person in front of her but rather with her imaginary version of Subaru.

Either way, Subaru clearly does love Tiana so she's going to be more motivated to go to her rather than Ginga in those situations, but they both know that in the context of this story she has certain needs she must see to, so there will be occasional Subaru x Ginga situations regardless.

last edited at Jun 16, 2015 11:19AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the implication is the former, that Subaru's needs have to be fulfilled or they'll come out in unexpected ways, and that Tiana will now be the one fulfilling them. It seems like she's aware that she might occasionally have sex with Ginga, but that doesn't seem to bother her since she's becoming the new number one.

Whether it's painful or not depends on how possessive Tiana is, I suppose. What's shown here suggests she's pretty accepting of the reality of the situation.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 16 Jun 10:47
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

At least anime surely isn't as dead as Game of Thrones. Lat season was just awful.

The fun in not following GoT is spoiling all the deaths to my friend who religiously invested in the series and haven't watch the latest episode

I don't follow it either, but it is interesting to see people leaving the show in droves due to tragedy fatigue. Reading a good article the other day about how going too far with the "anyone can die, nobody is safe" robs the series of structure because it cuts too many of the character arcs short.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didn't quite get the plot. I know that Reimu killed Sanae's parents, but idk why she did it. Can someone explain it to me?

Sanae's "parents" being Kanako and Suwako is what I'd expect, and this is probably a darker version of the game where they tried to take over Reimu's shrine and she won by destroying them. Just a guess though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

FF 7 remake is all well and dandy but I think it's funny that people can now play an a little above average RPG because they were too turned of by the graphics back then and probably played way better rpgs in the meantime

The in-game graphics weren't great, but I'm going to really miss the original character designs. From what little I could see in the trailer, Cloud's got short hair now?

Everything trends towards the FF XV boy band, I guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This remake

I really, really hope that isn't Cloud's English voice.