Forum › Posts by BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

By the way, the story has finally moved on past the Salamander short story, which ended with the salamander and the frog still unable to admit their loneliness to each other. Uncharted waters ahead.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

That's why the author didn't mess up any existing term but created her own in 'girlship'.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Man, the author poured every ounce of her soul into this one. It just kept going with highly detailed "underwater" sequences and page spreads.

@shojie07 I think the conflict from now on will be mostly external rather than internal. Koyuki and Konatsu will have to struggle with having to be apart once Koyuki graduates, there's already a hint at the end of this chapter with Konatsu looking unhappy before making her joke.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The narrator of the first chapter of volume 4 is neither Adachi nor Shimamura, it was a random schoolmate of Adachi's during middle school.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I think the only thing she does is making sure that every batch of four chapters that will make a volume will come up to around the usual ~180 pages.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It's 58 pages. The chapter cut in half would've been over 70 and the magazine couldn't spare the space in a single issue.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It's the longest chapter in the series yet, so I'll cut them some slack.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

You're comparing adventure series to a slice of life, but yeah, I don't think anyone will debate you on the pacing being slow.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I would've likely grown very impatient had I been following the series since it started in 2012, but reading the translations at such a good pace since mid last year I've had no issues with the slow development, I think there's been meaning in every chapter so far and some of the slowness is felt due to the medium itself, as a novel takes time to read and can afford to spend a lot of words on describing actions and feelings. Look at Adachi and Shimamura's manga adaptations and their pacing is inevitably a lot faster, though I'd say they lose a lot in the transition between media.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

There's not really a decent stopping point for a one-cour show anyway. This latest translated chapter was the first major turning point of their relationship and it wouldn't fit in one cour unless they skipped around a lot, and it would still need some aftermath to be satisfying.

If it's just one cour, it'll end up being like Bloom Into You, where they unfortunately build up to the stage show but fail to get to it.

last edited at Feb 2, 2020 1:10PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

That's not a portrayal of multiple personalities. It was just her frustration built up over a year (and over her whole life with stuff like feeling her mother hates her) coming to a boiling point.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
I wonder if it'll be that quick. I'm sure Shimamura will be spurred to think long and hard about Adachi's words, but acting on them to accept Adachi won't be easy for her since it would require her to stop living life the way she does, keeping safe distance from others. And that is, even if Shimamura chooses not to interpret Adachi's confession as romantic, which is another can of worms she'd have to deal with otherwise.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Well, that chapter killed any discussion of the rest of this volume, I see...

While we're at it, are the other blue-haired girl and the kid in the hat during the what-if kindergarten chapter supposed to be characters from Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko? I know Yashiro apparently is in it, but I'm not any more familiar with it or with the author's other works otherwise.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Me after seeing 4 chapter updated: Aw yiss, more Adachi and Shimamura !

Also me after reading some comment here: ...You almost got me with your cliffhanger hell. I think I will wait

sneikkimies is the best villain of 2020 and we're barely a month in.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

There are no therapists in Japanese fiction. The best one you could expect here is unironically that quack fortune-teller.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I couldn't help being reminded of Hatoko's legendary outburst from Inou Battle.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
I've seen a page from the next chapter in the author's livestream a couple weeks ago. They do talk, or at least begin to. Here's hoping Konatsu stays and listens.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

First time posting here just to say that this is the second "yuri" manga I read I'm loving it.
The first one was Citrus and I beginning to think that I'm cursed with all the angst and the main character being "useless lesbians" xD

Anyway the last chapter was really promising and I hope that they finally confess their feelings.

Btw I'm not a native speaker so forgive me if what I wrote seems weird xd

Hi! Go read Kase-san if you want something free of angst.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

At the moment the one that shows the most signs of romantic feelings such as jealousy, envy, guilt, their first special encounter, anxiety, their special bonds with them, depression, egoism, is konatsu.
For koyuki she simply ignored her own feelings, too busy opening up to others, but seems to want to fix everything and really care about konatsu other than thinking. Because at first in the history ,koyuki seemed to be the one who was more attracted to her.

Then again, what's happening right now is consistent to what happened very early on with Konatsu hoping Koyuki also thought of their first meeting as special and being disappointed that Koyuki didn't have a deep reason for coming to talk to her in the first chapter. Back then Koyuki already had no clue that Konatsu wanted to hear a different answer because she wasn't concerned with her feelings, and it's telling that in this chapter she thinks back to their first meeting as well when realizing how much their time together means to her. I wouldn't be surprised if the matter came up during their upcoming talk.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yup, her streams are so cool.

I was going to write a big comment but I think I don't have much else to say, I probably one of the few people that is not frustrated with this manga lol

I just complimented her on her work and she read the comment and replied, it's nice that she tries to engage her English-speaking followers too.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

i don't know, seeing the author's livestreams seems like there will be much more drama to yet be seen

Oh wow, she's drawing the next chapter right now. It's really interesting to see how it's done.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nettaigyo_wa_yuki_ni_kogareru_ch19#21 it looks like he is there and it seems to me in another older chapter and that he was not necessarily in school. But amazing this manga hides a lot of little things or fills with details.

Interesting, though with him being faceless in those panels you can't really tell if it's meant to be the same person. Maybe the author could be asked on twitter.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Finally do not forget the kid who will enter the club, it seems to me that we see him stealthily several times in the manga in the background ...

He's a first year so he only started appearing a couple chapters ago when they moved up a year. If he's going to be an actual character, I think he will factor in once Koyuki has to leave club activities behind to focus on her exams and later if the manga will still go on once Koyuki graduates, to show Konatsu's third year. I really doubt he'll be anything more than background fluff though, so far the story has worked with just the two main characters plus Kaede, who is still going to be around once Koyuki graduates.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 10:17PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This isn't even the first time Koyuki's situation is compared to an explicitly romantic one, back at the summer festival when Fuyuki didn't know how to answer to a girl from his class who asked him what he thought of her, Koyuki empathized because she was mulling over Konatsu's question about why Koyuki approached her on her first day at school.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

She was asked if she considers this story to be yuri and she replied she doesn't because she doesn't want to give it an established label that would color people's interpretation, more or less. 'Let the story speak for itself'.

last edited at Dec 29, 2019 9:53PM