Forum › Posts by Nezchan

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I peeked at the latest chapter. There's no sight of Sungji at all LOL [seeing pictures only sure is a torture]

Welcome to fandom circa 1990 when you could count scanlation and fansub groups on the thumbs of one foot. And getting more than three episodes in a row of a series took a good deal of effort.

Nezchan Moderator
After Hours discussion 15 Jul 23:54
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just love thos story, there are a lot of people worrying that it'll end up going melodramatic or angsty but I don't get that vide at all from it, the whole thing seems super relaxed and I love that. This is definitley one of my favourite reads at the moment!

Yeah, it reminds me a bit of Chatting at the Amber Teahouse though with a more active and exciting setting. Amber Teahouse was almost a perfect manga to me, if this series were to achieve what Amber Teahouse did but with this awesome club/night life stuff going on, it'd be a dream come true for me.

Actually, it reminds me of Shinozaki-san because the overall thrust of the story is shaping up to be a guided tour of things the author loves. Japanese nightlife and the music scene in this one, otaku culture in the case of Shinozaki-san. Both with a clear yuri aspect. The tone is different, but they do have that major element in common.

Which is great, because it adds to the fun the author has telling the story. I'm really looking forward to this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, now the ending makes sense. Marisa managed to leverage Mary's ability to cross the border with Renko to allow her to come back to Gensokyo once she'd gotten what she wanted from the outside. If you go by the theory that Yukari is a post-human Mary, her comment makes sense since only her power and Reimu's can make a hole in the barrier to pass through.

Nezchan Moderator
Stretch discussion 15 Jul 21:35
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, I meant Keiko, and can't remember Ran calling anyone else senpai, maybe Saki. Unsure about the ending too, and if it is yuri, it might feel a bit forced. But I want to believe..

Nah, this one's not a yuri chapter. It's just the two of them being goofballs, and joined at the hip like usual. The ending is cute independent of whether they're a couple or not.

Except they totally are a couple.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why doesn't she eat her own panties? Convenience stores in Japan also sell cheap panties too don't they? If the prez love the smell of that girl's panties so much, why not simply have the girl pee all over it first before eating the panties? Or maybe even drink the liquid separately so there is no need to flush toilets and save environment d(o.o)b

You clearly have no understanding of romance.

best "Out of Context" quote

You can say that again.

Context is for the weak!

Nezchan Moderator
Murcielago discussion 15 Jul 16:13
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Okay, I'm not going to take sides on this (seeing as I don't read this series in the first place) but I'd like to ask that it not continue to escalate. People have explained their positions, other people have had a chance to read them and respond. I'd like if the conversation could focus back on the manga itself rather a back-and-forth over the points and their associated baggage.

Thanks in advance to all concerned for your kind assistance in this matter.

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 4:14PM

Nezchan Moderator
Forum Rules 15 Jul 16:10
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey Nezchan I love your icon/avatar its so cute!!!

It's...it's not like I chose it for you or anything!

< /Pekoe-style blushu >

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This really should be the official music of Dynasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3yJOfqpC-I

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 11:08AM

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah! I just remembered that an anime made fun of this very concept but only briefly. Episode 4 of Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun.

Only viewable in the US, I'm afraid. Hulu's like that.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

otakuJin dribbled thusly:

Most authors are ok with it because it's "free publicity"

This is from a while back in the conversation, but I wanted to note that it is 100% false. The internet is full of artists and writers complaining about just how false it is in fact, and how it's almost always an after-the-fact justification for stealing their shit. The rest of the time, it's part of an effort to get them to produce new work for free.

The fact is, "free publicity" (sometimes called "exposure") never, ever benefits the writer or artist. It's a total self-serving myth. Here's some reading on the subject, if you're interested.

Here's some more.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a different world today, Nezchan.

... A Hole new world, if you will.

You're the pits, anon.

You hurt me, Nez... you hurt me real bad.

This is not a joke.

I mean it.

Holeheartedly.

How dare you, anon. Are there no depths to which you will not sink?

You shall put me in a depression

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a different world today, Nezchan.

... A Hole new world, if you will.

You're the pits, anon.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I despair for the state of education today. Do schools not teach The First Rule of Holes any more?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why doesn't she eat her own panties? Convenience stores in Japan also sell cheap panties too don't they? If the prez love the smell of that girl's panties so much, why not simply have the girl pee all over it first before eating the panties? Or maybe even drink the liquid separately so there is no need to flush toilets and save environment d(o.o)b

You clearly have no understanding of romance.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

People love 23's married muscle lesbian, but do the same thing without the moe and the giant tits and it's "man with breasts". Kind of a lousy attitude, really.

I'm so sorry that when I see someone that looks like man, my brain is telling me it is a man. I guess I shouldn't bother with ignoring my brain and trying to see her as a woman anyway. No point since I'll be told that I have "lousy attitude" anyway.

It's not just you, I don't mean to pick on one person. I see this a lot.

It might be more constructive to think a bit on where the impression originates, where your brain gets the idea from. I would imagine there are interesting things to learn, but that's not for the rest of us to meddle in.

last edited at Jul 14, 2015 7:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

People love 23's married muscle lesbian, but do the same thing without the moe and the giant tits and it's "man with breasts". Kind of a lousy attitude, really.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It is nice drawn and pretty good so far. I just can't get used to black hair girl. No matter how I look at her, she looks like man with attached breasts T__T Does she work as construction worker to be that buffed or what o.o?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And fan entitlement once more rears its ugly head.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What I read from this forum sadly look like the breaking of a family of fans. I understand what the translating group are doing as they still want to read the series without getting sued, but to the extend where they hold it as "it's mine and I am not sharing".

I think this is where you really go off track, and a lot of the rest follows from it. The translating group isn't opposing other translations because they're being territorial. They're doing it because they respect the wishes of the author who's specifically said they don't want scanlations floating out there. The Halmoni translation via overlay works because you still need the original to use it, which benefits the author. The other translations being discussed, on Imgur, Tumblr, etc. are opposing the wishes of the author which is an important distinction.

As for Dynasty, part of the concept of this site is to respect the wishes of the original author and those of the scanlators who volunteer a lot of hard work to bring us English versions. Supporting the authors and the overlay group in this situation is a no-brainer in light of that.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Calling it now, Harui-kun is the main character of a Gender bender manga and is really a girl who has to pretend to be a dude because her family is in debt or something.

Nezchan Moderator
Anime season 13 Jul 18:50
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Keep sayin' you're number 2 Vegeta, you still ain't got no juice against Gohan

Saw someone saying today that the new DB series is basically Toriyama tricking the studio into letting him write Dr. Slump again. No fights, just forcing Vegeta to be a good father.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's kind of impressive how, if you don't know the ships and their relationships very well, this makes no sense whatsoever. But clearly from the comments if you do, it works really well.

Isn't that pretty normal if you don't know a fandom?

Yeah, but there is the development of kind of getting what the characters are about when you read a bit about them through doujins, unless they're OOC of course.

Also, I got a third Akagi. So Kaga and her Akagi harem of 3 xD And the next event is around Carriers so we'll see.

@Nezchan You should succumb to our side and start playing KanColle xD Also watch the anime :P

I think Kancolle is like Touhou where you just kinda get to know the ships and their relationships by reading a bunch of doujin (at least that's how I got into Kancolle). It feels like most of the "canon" was created by the fandom anyway.

Tried that, but I've never really been able to get all these similar-looking characters straight in my head. Touhou was easy. Strike Witches was easy. Lucky Star, Madoka, PreCure, I could figure them all out without watching/playing the originals (although I watched S1 Strike Witches later on). But KanColle I find impenetrable for the most part.

Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I enjoy the poking fun at harem manga part. But don't like how this guys have been acting like an asshole toward the girl.

Can you blame him? he must be really tired... Just think it the other way around, a lesbian girl who keeps getting confesions, hints and arrasment from all the boys during all his life and even in her house, I WOULD BE PRETTY SICK! and maybe he won't say "I'm gay" to avoid other kind of problems.

Or girls trying to be the right one to "fix" him.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Are we no longer tagging everything Uko with Non-moe art?
It's honestly a pretty weird tag in the first place.

Yea. It suggest that we are so used to moe, that we have to be warned if something isn't drawn that way. That being said I don't mind that tag, since "non-moe art" mangas are usually really good and that makes searching for them easier.

Tags aren't solely for warning, they're often for categorization. Having a "romance" tag doesn't suggest we're used to non-romantic yuri, it's just a category.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

but, but, we can restore memories for Alzheimer..

In mice.

75% of the time.