Forum › Posts by Polycell

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

There's also Roy G Biv, Richard of York Gave Battle In Vain, etc, etc, etc. His point that most Anglophones would be familiar with a seven-colored rainbow still stands, though.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I'd say it wasn't snuck in so much as blasted at full volume.

last edited at Dec 22, 2013 4:14PM

Polycell
Image Comments 13 Dec 12:40
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The last panel always seemed to me like it was comparing MadoHomu to string cheese - ie, something to be pulled apart - than either one or both of them.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Unfortunate news(again, machine translated):
"It does not participate in winter Komi

er, it is not enough time and preparation work
so I decided to winter Komi this will not participate.
I'm sorry! Because it might participate in the Komi summer of 2014, Mars thank you in that case."

Site: http://www4.kcn.ne.jp/~yomogi/

Looks like it really will be a while.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

It certainly seems inspired by it - although given what he says in the afterword I'm fairly sure he'd rather it be seen as the same basic idea applied to Marisa and Youmu, rather than a parody of KyoAni's show.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

And here I thought the tag NSFW means they've done it.
I wannnnnaaaa seeeeeee.

There are tags for that(Moderate Amounts of Sex and Lots of Sex). This means NSFW can be reserved for things that'll get you dirty looks or worse(well, above and beyond what you'd get for using the internet on the job to begin with).

Polycell
Earth Girls discussion 12 Nov 20:41
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

... How is this before civilization? This is clearly a civilization.

It's clearly a society, but "civilization" tends to connotate a higher level of advancement.

Polycell
Yuyushiki discussion 07 Nov 10:18
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

It seems I might be the minority here but Yui x Aikawa is my preferred coupling. Anyone else? Or am I just alone in a corner being hit by a stick by Yui x Yuzuko fans?

I wouldn't call them my preferred pairing, but I do ship them - with each other and their respective harems.

Polycell
Sisterism discussion 28 Oct 02:19
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

That is one easy maze.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

@Nezchan: isn't that what the Touhou Project doujinshi category is for?

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I think the key here is that the extra was run in a different magazine(both Winter 2008, no less!), rather than being newly publishes in the tankoubon. Since it's a one-shot sequel to a one-shot that was published at about the same time, I don't think Sayuri-hime's editors would've accepted it without an independent plot. That said, I think in a way it's the perfect sequel: what we see is basically telling us that the happy ending of the main story was a happily ever after.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

There's the comedy tag but..... It's not funny.

Of course not - it's MOE! ...or so the doujinshika clearly thinks. The nightmare-within-a-nightmare thing clicked for me, though, so I might not be looking at it the same way you are.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Explanation incoming:

It seems Mima is a ghost who appeared in four of five the original PC-98 games(all except number 4, Lotus Land Story). Reimu's been the main character from the beginning and both Alice and Marissa originally appeared in those games, hence why Mima recognizes the latter and the former feels like chopped liver. The only other character to get carried over so far is Yuuka - who ironically makes her appearance in the ninth game(Phantasmagoria of Flower View).

last edited at Oct 15, 2013 4:04AM

Polycell
Image Comments 07 Oct 01:34
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
38877909_big_p9

If you look very, very closely, she also has floppy doggy ears.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Playing around with the images section, it might be nice to have the tags pop up when you hover the mouse over the thumbnail. Especially with the comics, it's not always clear what's going on.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The closest thing I could find on that is this from the artist's site, via Google Translate:

"And summer Komi participation!
Place the third day (month) K-45b is. However, it was not possible to prepare new book. So we will have one street backlist, that over thank you."

So I'd expect winter Comiket at the earliest. I highly suspect this chapter will be quite lengthy, so of course it'll take some time to get finished.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

This Week's Akari has pages 10, 11 and 12 between pages 1 and 2.

Not that it matters terribly much, except for 12.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

"Canon" = "official", more or less. Usually used to clarify what's entirely made up by the fans and what was actually written, although in some cases official works(like spin-offs or particularly crappy episodes) might not be canon.

Polycell
Untitled discussion 28 Jun 03:07
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Well, I'd say Sayaka-chan's plenty warm now.

Polycell
Citrus discussion 21 Jun 23:06
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

@awesomeness667: Be thankful - Yuri Hime used to be a quarterly publication.

Polycell
Lucky Point discussion 17 May 22:35
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

As far as I know, there's just the one anime-original scene with Tsukasa and the seashell. But then, poor Tsukasa seems to get hit the hardest with the OOC stick in these things.