Forum › Posts by Gelert_Xross

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Yay, it lives! I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I don't know who came up with this tag, but I love you.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Maybe What the fuck am I reading instead of Creepy. Rather than creepy, the fetish in the story is just weird.

last edited at Jun 12, 2014 1:29AM

joined Apr 15, 2013

Huh. I'm not...
I don't...
I'm, uh....
Huh.

Gelert_Xross
Lemonade discussion 27 May 21:53
joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm kind of dreading the last few chapters. I keep hoping for the story to turn around and give a satisfying conclusion where Youko isn't just stuck in that old "best friend" relationship limbo forever. I'm not asking for a suddenly-everybody-is-a-lesbian-HAPPYEND sort of scenario, just for some closure. Fingers crossed over here....

That said, the speed with which these chapters are coming out is crazy. Lots of love to the whole team, and know that it is very much appreciated.

joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm enjoying this series, but I'm always expecting something really bad to happen with each new chapter. It's stressful reading.

Gelert_Xross
Fragtime discussion 23 May 00:08
joined Apr 15, 2013

Yuri Project lists it as "translation in progress."

The series is definitely not licensed - I can only assume that was an off-shoot of the MF trolling that took place however many weeks ago.

That's good to hear. Hopefully it gets going again soon.

Nah, Ceasar was totally into BL so there'd be nothing for this site.

Actually, Caesar had more than a handful of affairs with women as well. I actually attended a series of lectures on homosexuality in the ancient world that touched on him. It's quite interesting stuff, so long as you're a boring person like me.

Gelert_Xross
Fragtime discussion 22 May 21:52
joined Apr 15, 2013

All's quiet on the Flag Time front. A quick google search shows some sites that say it is licensed, and others that don't. I can't find any announcements from a publisher about it either. Right about here is where is where it would be nice if I knew Japanese. Sadly I'm limited to the major romance languages and classical Latin. So, let me know if they ever find Caesar's long lost Commentarii de Bello Mangae or something. Until then, I'm useless :(

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I remember when this series was about cute animal girls doing cute things with some yuri subtext. And now we have Nazis.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm reading... ah well, whatever.

TIL that Arche and Telos are both terms from Aristotelian philosophy. Arche refers to the beginning or cause of something, and Telos is related to its purpose or end. So I guess this is, like, an alpha and omega sort of thing. Pretty sure the bear part has no actual meaning, though.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Now that was a really satisfying chapter. Only a few left, right? I can't wait for the next one.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Always nice to provide people something for their pigeonholing fetish, I know the people who've worked on this will appreciate it being the sole point of discussion. You know the suggest tags thing here also allows to suggest a tag removal, right?

I really need to write a browser script looking for "tag" and variants of "not yuri" in comments and throw those away as the youtube comment trash they are.

No need for the hostility. For the most part the discussion has been fairly positive. I understand you have a different point of view since you were involved in the scanlation (thanks, by the way), but people having differing opinions on tagging isn't inherently some kind of attack on your work.

Normally this would be the part where I link to a youtube video with cute cats set to "why can't we be friends" in order to diffuse any tension, but I can't remember if outside links are kosher on these forums. So... you'll just have to imagine it. Good stuff.

joined Apr 15, 2013

I usually have my yuri goggles firmly locked in place, but I'm just seeing it here. And you know what? I'm ok with that. It was a very nice, cute story. Not everything has to be some great romantic story in order to hold value for those of us in the yuri faction.

You could make an argument for the subtext tag here, but I don't think it's appropriate. There just wasn't enough about their relationship to justify it. Like, the story was 95% Azusa. We only get a few panels with anything substantial enough to offer subtext. Maybe we can make a "subtext of subtext" tag, but that seems like a dangerous slope to slide down.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I love Morinaga Milk, but it seems like every chapter of this series stops in media res. Like, we're missing the last page or something.

Yeah...what the heck... sigh... gotta wait another couple months for the next chapter.

You're welcome.

Don't worry, we still love you! Some of us just forget sometimes.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Unlike most oneshots, this actually needs a sequel. Not because it's really good (I enjoyed it, though), but because the story isn't complete. At best, this oneshot covered the exposition and rising action. We still need the climax as the beauty contest looms, and they have to compete against one another while the main character attempts to resolve the conflict of her romantic feelings and her desire to win.

Or something like that, anyways (gen-ed Lit courses paying off). It kind of seems like a lot to cover if the sequel is of similar size. Like, it needs a third chapter or something. I'm curious, but I don't go anywhere near raw scans. Things like that ruin the experience for me....

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I like this a lot. Part of its the art, but I think I like the potential a lot more. It's like, there are so many hints that the story is about to take a turn towards the serious, but it could just as easily not. I don't know for sure what's going to happen next, which is rare in this genre.

If you think about it (and it looks like some of you have), the power to bind people together can be a pretty evil ability. Love and happiness aren't necessarily connected. I can think of a few people who are (or were) in toxic relationships, and couldn't break away because they still loved the person who's making them miserable. Kotori is a novice god, and it could be that she's doing more harm than good.

I'm really interested in how this series will develop. Do the Yuri Project folks have the scans for the last tankobon? I'm assuming there isn't a third.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Man, when's chap.11 gonna be released?? I hate it when releasing times not fixed ):\

No time to edit, watching Packers/49ers.

I know, right? I know I'm always busy rooting for my local sport ball team. Slam dunk! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!

joined Apr 15, 2013

That was pretty great. It's nice to see a Madoka doujin that isn't MadoHomu. Not that I don't like the pairing, but I haven't seen the third movie yet and I'm trying to avoid spoilers. It's tough, man :(

Gelert_Xross
Falling discussion 13 Dec 15:24
joined Apr 15, 2013

The art style was fairly interesting. I don't think I've ever seen manga done in this medium. Although I have to say, if those girls were any more pigeon-toed their feet would be backwards. I honestly don't get the attraction. When I look at girls drawn that way I don't think, "Aw, how cute." I think, "Aw, they are probably going to need surgery to correct that at some point. I'm surprised they are able to walk normally."

I'm probably only bothered by it so much here since I'm paying extra attention to the art, but yeah. Am I strange?

Gelert_Xross
Image Comments 12 Dec 01:02
joined Apr 15, 2013
36592385_big_p2

Presumably it's to differentiate the two, since Ritsu isn't wearing her hairband and they appear to have the same face.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

The credit page was the funniest part to me. I'm not saying that it's not a funny series, but damn. Dat credit page.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Touhou x Bleach 'cause why not.

I love Millet Soup.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Let us not go to ninja academy. It is a silly place.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Dat ending :D

I gotta say, I was expecting something more bittersweet, like them ending up with different people. I'm not sure that would have been a better ending, though.

Now that the whole thing has been translated, I really need to sit down and read it all again. The sheer density of characters in the story has left me confused a few times. I felt like I needed to wait for context clues to see who all these people are. It also doesn't help my poor mind that the mangaka likes to imply things rather than explicitly state them :x

Oh well, it's a nice series anyways.

Gelert_Xross
Kase-san discussion 08 Jul 01:26
joined Apr 15, 2013

This series makes me smile. Also, not sure whether or not this has been pointed out in a more appropriate spot, but yuri project has been making at least one release a day since the start of June. So, yeah. That's pretty awesome. Thanks to everyone involved :D