Forum › Posts by Bojack727

Bojack727
Their Story discussion 20 Mar 08:23
joined Feb 1, 2013

Man those two, so much yuri fluff! Love how the convenience store clerk is clearly a yuri fanboy. And poor mophead (lol), him and Chi are total 'bros',

last edited at Mar 20, 2015 8:25AM

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I swear, if the Prez looses this fight, then I'm done... We're fast in danger of the extremely PREDICTABLE twist. The Twist has been the norm for so long, that we need straightforward storytelling to keep things interesting.

Bojack727
Clover discussion 07 Mar 04:56
joined Feb 1, 2013

I just realize that all the ch in Clover are related by the sisters but in different time line. ( or is it just me )

No you are right, the chapters start from the youngest of the 4, going from Uzuki, Midori, Fuuka and, Ichige. But each story takes place when they are in High school, so the timeline was moving backward instead of forward.

Generally speaking, if you take the change in appearance of the girls over time, it would probably place the oldest girl's story some time around the late 80s/early 90s.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Sorry to say this to all the angry people, but this ending was a work of art compared to other series. I mean, this has an ending, while crap like Citrus just goes on and on, with each chapter being another "f*ck you" to the readers. Or half of the things that Morinaga Milk writes, where nothing. ever. happens.

You can't take sacred names in vain like that. And you certainly can't compare mediocre stuff like this to Morinaga Milk's. Morinaga Milk could do a single frame with no dialogue and it would have more human characterization than this whole manga.
Point about Citrus though.

That's the most funny thing I've ever heard ever since I finished The Secret Recipe, in which NOTHING EVER HAPPENED.

Thank you. Too bad the first person didn't realize the operative would was "half". Because I actually enjoyed "Girlfriends" and few other things she's done.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Sorry to say this to all the angry people, but this ending was a work of art compared to other series. I mean, this has an ending, while crap like Citrus just goes on and on, with each chapter being another "f*ck you" to the readers. Or half of the things that Morinaga Milk writes, where nothing. ever. happens.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 5:41PM

Bojack727
Image Comments 19 Feb 00:16
joined Feb 1, 2013

This is my Mystia altpairing. I'll always prefer Mystia/Alice. As for Mokou, I'm not sure if i prefer Mystia or Keine more, it all really depends on the artist and their take on the characters.

Bojack727
Image Comments 18 Feb 00:20
joined Feb 1, 2013

^Nezchan

Hell yeah! That doujin was pretty my introduction to the Touhou fandom, like three years ago.

joined Feb 1, 2013

It's kind of like in "Highlander", where you're cursed with immortality, and doomed to outlive everyone around you.

Depending on your preference with pairings: Alice, Yukari, Remelia & Meiling, and Mokou will potentially ultimately suffer having to go on living without the person they loved... And pretty soon, if you think about it, the Queen song "Who Wants to Live Forever" comes to mind. And if you're like me, you turn into a blubbering mess...

That's part of why I'm a fan of Alice/Mistia, and manga where Remelia turns Sakuya into a vampire. Hell, Yohane's MeiSaku doujin addresses finding ways for humans to become youkai.

I remember this particular MariAli doujin I liked that I can't find anymore, where Alice is wearing Marissa's (now worn and frayed) witch hat after she dies of old age.

Bojack727
Image Comments 17 Feb 03:56
joined Feb 1, 2013
39823284_big_p4

Wow... Nagato and the TWO most precious things in her life^ _ ^

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I love it when they focus on the class rep and her family. I find them the most interesting since they're the only mixed family we know of. I really wanna know the genetics behind it, especially since class rep only has angel characteristics, the triplets with only long eared characteristics and sue-chan actually showing both. It makes me wonder which side is actually dominant or recessive. They've never said if the triplets and class rep were siblings by marriage so I assume they were all born from the same parents.

Yeah, I'm almost certain the Class Rep refers to being around the Chi triplets pretty far back. And given how much she looks like Sue, it makes sense that they're all blood-related.

As to other mixed race characters... Nozomi's cousin Akira (from Chapter 40) looks uncannily like her, except for the fact that she has cloven hooves and horns, which she inherited from her mother (meaning that the uncle is a Divel). So Akira and Sue both exhibit racial traits of both parents. But you're right, it does seem that there's a larger percentile for one parent's genes to end up being recessive in the offspring.

Though this seems to happen enough that the Government has programs set up to provide support services to cross-species children who suffer from medical issues. Kyouko even references this in Chapter 00 (complete with a cut-away to an ad in the newspaper), so there seems to be some cultural awareness of the issue.

last edited at Feb 1, 2015 7:33AM

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Um, what the hell just happened?

Did Himeno and Shino just go through a portal, into a fantasy realm a-la Alice Wonderland? They did, right? And the next chapter is business as usual... Did the rest of you see that, or am I just going crazy?

Bojack727
Their Story discussion 31 Jan 03:27
joined Feb 1, 2013

I have a question: Chinese is a complex and varies language... and also one of the worst translated ones. What I mean is, that it's never been phonetically translated (as far as I know). How should I pronounce the character's names?

I mean, the tomboy's name is Sun Jing and the the girly girl is called Qui Tong. The problem is that sometimes the "i" is pronounced as "er", I've heard "Q" pronounced as bouth "K" and "Ch". My personal frame of reference is pretty limited, as I've only played the Dynasty Warriors games (my main point of reference)- which has only recently gotten a handle on the changeover between Cantonese/Pinyin/English... Sorry, if I sound like a dumb white guy, but I'm just curious.

last edited at Jan 31, 2015 3:28AM

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I loved it when the president just says "I'm pitting the future of my and my mothers academy against the paper-thin respect of your father", before utterly dominating the fight, like a total boss! President-sama is a lot of things, but she's no fool when it comes to the battlefield- she's a terror, and poor Mikado has realized the beat she's unleashed!

joined Feb 1, 2013

In case you wanna know http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fan-made_characters/Mitori_Kawashiro

Very popular Touhou fan character, if not the most popular.

Yohane hyyyype

So the artist has done a fan doujinshi featuring a fan character... Not sure if this Touhou-ception or not.

Bojack727
Image Comments 28 Dec 11:18
joined Feb 1, 2013
Eyebrows%20v1

Very cute, though the first two panel are near perfect copies from a scene out of a certain well known manga. Still, Fuuka- er, I mean Satsuki's (lol) eyebrows are definitely a major charm point in my book.

joined Feb 1, 2013

It's nice to find a doujin where Madoka as the one to confess her feelings, with the focus on her pov, rather than the other way around. Though, I love the traditional portrayal of Sayaka and Kyouko as the apathetic onlookers.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

I'm not sure who or where to post this to... But Chapter 30 should be re-listed as the start of Volume 5, and Chapter 43 should be re-listed as the end of Volume 6.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I really enjoyed this manga. Kanako in the past was basically the God of War, except she's a Yuri and has a massive entourage of pure-hearted maidens who admire and adore her. I also liked the contrast between the muscular Kanako and the full-figured Kanako in the present. I loved the fact that they want to bring Reimu into their family, as Sanae's waifu (lol) and that she'd be empowered by the Moriya faith. And only Suwako could start out as a vicious Yandere, only to end up pure "dere" thanks to the power of (yuri) love!

Bojack727
Image Comments 10 Dec 04:07
joined Feb 1, 2013
37680601_big_p3

Things with an NSFW tag should not be able to give me feels! It's just not how it's done.

Bojack727
Citrus discussion 08 Dec 15:41
joined Feb 1, 2013

You know what... I'm burned out on this manga. It's jerked me around for months and months, and nothing ever happens to advance the relationship between Mei and Yuzu. It's all so... so f*king tepid. I just don't care anymore, I'm tired of the total non-quite-relationship between these girls.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Wow, she's like a Grandmaster Tsundere.

Bojack727
Image Comments 01 Dec 07:48
joined Feb 1, 2013
46868057_p14

Sometimes... you just gotta push her down! It's the only to give your sweetheart plenty of luv.

Bojack727
Image Comments 18 Nov 07:57
joined Feb 1, 2013
Fc503ec6490bb1a165c55e20151a7be838e95e53

The art is pretty good, but it's not close to properly representing the greatness of Mugi's epic eyebrows.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

Tbh I was a little bit fangirl-ing when I saw Yurika crossdress. Not that I'm into dude but sometimes girls look cool dressing like that :3

No, I totally get what you're saying. Some women just look amazing in mens suits. I mean, just look at King from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. She's wears mens suits and works as a bouncer, but she's still hot.

Bojack727
joined Feb 1, 2013

My god, this is so stuuupid! And yet, I just can't help but enjoy it in spite of how duuumb it is. I really shouldn't like this comic as much as I do, but it's so unapologetic in its presentation of this preposterous story that I can't help but like it on some level. Maybe it's because I can never tell what the f*ck is going to happen next. It's so transcendentally stupid that it somehow ends up being clever on some level.

I really shouldn't like Yurika as much as I do either... I mean, she's a total moocher, but it's not like she's doing anything for malicious reasons. After all, everything she does stems from the fact that her useless father abandoned her, forcing her into a situation where she'd do anything simply to keep from going hungry on a daily basis. And then there's the fact that she keeps going about how she wants to be a bride... Though really, for as much as she keeps insisting that she's totally straight, it's increasingly obvious that her hearts not really in it like it once was.

"I'm not a lesbian, I straight! It's just a coincidence that I couldn't attract a man even if my life depended on it! Just like it's a total coincidence that I seem to be genetically predisposed to attracting girls to me like moths to a flame, or that I was seemingly born with the innate ability to pleasure them to orgasm! I'm telling you, I'm totally straight!"

Yurika... You're in denial, sweety. The universe is clearly telling you that you're destined to love women!