Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Anime season 29 Dec 17:59
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Ah ok I found your quote

"Oshiyama knew nothing about yuri at first, Yuniko gave him a lesson about it and what is ok and what should NOT be done.
But Oshiyama broke Yuniko's rule a little in ep7, where he decided Papito and Papiya to be girl(or, tomboy), but Kojima kind of drew them like boy."

I get it now

This is also the interview the anon was quoting from

I still don't get it...

Turns out that in the episode with all the different versions of Papika the ones that looked like boys were actually physically girls. The director wasn't happy that they looked too masculine because it would make it seem that Cocona was attracted to boys rather than tom boy versions of Papika. The director wanted 100% Yuri without any confusion.

Cannibal
Anime season 29 Dec 13:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

FliFla: What happened in the end was when Mimi was sending both of them away Papika was going to stay and try to help Mimi while Cocona escape. Then we get the scene where Cocona wakes up in a realistic world where she learns that PI is closed off forever and Papika will never return. While searching for a way to enter PI again to save Papika the two just run into each other. Turns out that this realistic world was actually PI the whole time. When Papika tried forcing Cocona out of PI she fought her way back inside and the two got separated. They were then able to leave PI together and rejoin their friends in the real world.

That's the best I can explain it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 1:38PM

Cannibal
Moondrops discussion 29 Dec 12:05
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The southern US-ish dialogue makes me wonder what the original Japanese dialogue was, lol.

Isn't that usually how the Kansai dialect gets translated?

Cannibal
Anime season 29 Dec 08:48
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well Flip Flappers turned out to be yuri but sadly, just like Izetta, no kiss.

The finale was absolutely stellar, and the ending had one of the best surprise twists. So glad they gave a middle finger to all the flags and tropes and gave us a happy ending. I have confidence that it will be considered a classic in the years to come. After catching up on a few other series I'll be rewatching Flip Flappers very soon.

last edited at Dec 29, 2016 8:48AM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 28 Dec 07:32
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
  1. The site gogomanga.to latest chapter of Citrus is 24.6: http://www1.gogomanga.to/manga/citrus-saburo-uta.html (feel free to check it out).

As much as I would like them to put up their chapters on Dynasty scans so that I don't have to deal with Facebook's photo viewer I would recommend reading it from the source. Gogomanga is just ripping it from Chaosteam, even reposting their parody versions, so in order to support the scanlators you should read it how they intended it.

Cannibal
Anime season 28 Dec 01:19
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So now that Flip Flappers is finished?

Does it yuri? Or just teasing? Or perhaps baiting?

One episode left. Last episode we got a magical girl wedding after Cocona told Papika she loves her a lot, so if there is no kiss we still got that at least.

last edited at Dec 28, 2016 3:49AM

Cannibal
Image Comments 27 Dec 20:52
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
C0wsl-uuuaabgc3

Discharge is the family dude that's super weak until he gets tricked into taking superhero steroids, then becomes a monster who ends up getting executed after getting captured. I think it could have been fleshed out more but the manga does make it a point for Yuri to forgive Marina, she understood that Marina was just trying to do the right thing.

Cannibal
Image Comments 27 Dec 20:46
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well someone stumbled across Ogino's twitter...

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I think Pito just isn't a fan of drawing kisses. We never see Soo and Sol kiss and yet we know for a fact they have. They get together and then all the lovey dovey stuff happens off screen, just going to assume the same for Gayoon and Soha.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well, the second time through was just as disappointing as the first.

Cannibal
Anime season 25 Dec 23:45
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

OTP platonic love confirmed from Papika. But also means Papika still does not seen Cocona as anything more than just an object of affection. The child of her dear partner, who she later befriended with. Not the same way Cocona see her at least, when she was pondering over what Papika means to her (sister, boy substitute, romantic partner).

The pseudo wedding dresses just blows that theory out of the water.

last edited at Dec 25, 2016 11:45PM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Is there an instance of background tracing in yuzumori??

I'm not too sure if it's technically tracing but a lot of the backgrounds are just greyscaled photos. I'm sure it's fine, it's not like it's trying to hide that fact.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

inb4 cancelled for tracing.

Background tracing is perfectly acceptable, tracing actual characters is a big no-no, especially when you don't even own the rights to the original photos. From what I can tell Yuzumori-san is safe for now.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'm so dumb.. I barely now understand why Yuu hit Kanna. -_-

I still don't understand why, though it's been over a year since I last read this.

They agreed to call each other by their first names without honorifics and Kanna just broke that promise so Yuu gave her a little whack.

Cannibal
LOVE/DEATH discussion 24 Dec 18:14
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Final? Awhh

One more bonus chapter to go.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

yay, it been fixed

I-I just realised, that while we were all distracted by "you're mother"...

in [the] hospital D:
im so sorry lol

Actually leaving the "the" out isn't all that rare in colloquial English.

Yup - actually I think I'm more likely to say ' I was in hospital' or so and so was in hospital - sounds more natural to me.

Must be a regional thing because it's driving me nuts trying to say it out loud without the "the".

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

somebody said to me that this manga was cancelled, is it true? :(

Yup, sadly it didn't sell well. Volume 3 will be its last. Hopefully Morinaga got enough of a heads up so that we can at least get a finished conclusion that doesn't feel too rushed. I can't find the tweet right now but when originally announced I think she said something about continuing it as a doujin, take that with a grain of salt.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I like this manga but I'm glad that it only has 2 volumes if I understood correctly.

Baka-updates has it listed at 4 volumes and ongoing, have plenty of more Aaaaaangst to go.

last edited at Dec 23, 2016 7:32PM

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 20 Dec 20:54
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Not too sure exactly why, probably just to build up a following of their own on Facebook.

This is a pinned post from their page

Just a quick heads up, we DO NOT accept any Manga Translation Requests or any form of request for now. Especially, we have NO plans on posting our works on Dynasty-Scans from now or the near future. We also do not provide imgur links, however it may be possible to find a source if you do a quick online search. PLEASE STOP ASKING US. Thank you.

So unless another scanlation team steps in you are going to have to go to their Facebook page to read future Citrus chapters.

Cannibal
Citrus discussion 20 Dec 19:59
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The only scanlating group still doing Citrus is Chaosteam and they have chosen not to put up their projects on Dynasty.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

but I am totally unable to find Bastion lol....

He is on the newspaper on the floor of Torb's house. Definitely the hardest one to spot.

Also I don't see the romance between Genji and Mercy when he has chosen to hang out with Zen rather than her. Just a Christmas card for the doctor he owes everything to.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 6:46PM

Cannibal
Anime season 17 Dec 18:02
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So Izetta turned out neither het or gay just alternate historic anime?

Good thing i decided to wait till it end.

Recreating Aladdin's magic carpet ride is as gay as it gets without an actual on screen kiss.

Cannibal
Opapagoto discussion 15 Dec 03:44
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Not an actual yuri. I mean a girl is forced against her wish and still showing very little to no actual romatic development.

Can't say this is yuri. Somewhat almost yuri.

Still going to follow. To see the end.

I think the tag is just placed depending on how it's marketed. Sometimes a story is given a yuri tag before the development has even happened, and sometimes it's not what I would call 'real yuri' in the traditional sense but it's just marketed under that label so it gets the tag.
But we don't know yet, anyway (Well, I mean, the people who've read it already do). It might end up with them falling for each other or something. Not like a couple being forced together and then gradually developing feelings is an unknown plot. Yeah, no development yet, but if there does end up being genuine yuri in the end, it's obviously not the main focus of the story.

I believe that addition of the "Romance" tag means that there is definitely some development in the future.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

15Y+ shows that the author knows how to drag out the drama, I think they just simply chosen not to do it with this series.